Hiking in Scandinavia

I want to go hiking in Scandinavia with some friends but none of us have alot of experience in this field.
Which country should we hike trough?
Do we have to learn the language?
What sites should we hike past?
When should we go hiking? Don't mind meeting people.
TL;DR Where and when to hike in Scandinavia?

Other urls found in this thread:

ut.no/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>go hiking in scandinavia
>stumble upon refugee caravan
>get rekt

You should walk across Norway, from Oslo to the northernmost tip of Finnmark.

[CHECKED]
Unlikely.
[CHECKED]
Thanks! Should we learn some Norwegian for that?
What would be the best time period?

Depends on your budget. I would start in Sweden and get all the supplies you need here and then walk over the border to Norway.

All norwegians speak English.

Preferably not in the middle of winter.

Is it cheaper in Sweden?
Got it!
[spoiler] Samuel Heide reference anyone? [/spoiler]

i'm climbing Trolltunga (pic) in July

>Which country should we hike trough?
Norway has the nicest nature, by far. Iceland is even nicer, but it's not in Scandinavia. And there are lots of hiking trails and mountains that are easily reached from all the larger towns.

>Do we have to learn the language?
Scandinavia is not some developing third world country where half the population is illiterate. Just like everywhere else in the developed world, people speak English more or less fluently.

>What sites should we hike past?
I don't know. If you're after sites, like in your pic you should probably head over to the west coast.

>When should we go hiking? Don't mind meeting people.
Summer.

I don't know what kind of hiking you want to do, but this site is really pretty good for deciding a hike.
ut.no/

You should consider hiking in Denmark, you won't even need any equipment.

In all seriousness, Norway is a beautiful country, it is definetly the country of choice for hiking among the nordic countries.

>Is it cheaper in Sweden?

I'd be willing to wager it is, seeing as Norway is the most expensive country in the Nordics

>(pic)
>pic related
THANKS, and I was not implying hat your a 3rd world shithole.
I just live next to France.
>You should consider hiking in Denmark, you won't even need any equipment.
You mean the extention of the Netherlands?

i mean your pic

that's Trolltunga

The west coast of Norway is by far the best part to hike in.

Oooooh.

problem with Norway is that the weather is considerably worse

They're both very nice. Our northern national parks are vast and grand, and so are Norway's various parks. One important consideration is that in Sweden, you'll be heading north of the Arctic circle most likely. Sarek, and such places. In Norway, you might as well just stay in the south unless you're going to Lofoten.

You'll probably find lots of foreign and local tourists doing the same thing you're doing.

Kungsleden is the classic thing to do in Sweden. It's quite long. You can probably just google that to find various blogs etc about that.

Pretty much everyone speaks English, bro.

If you are hiking, go north during the summer. Best landscape with less shit weather like the west, and beautiful midnight sun if you go far enough north. I have only been to Bodo and Andoya, but you should probably go to Lofoten as well.

If you are serious about it, do Pilgrimage first.

Come to Danemarken :)

keep in mind that scenery like in your pic is mostly common in (western) Norway. Sweden (and finland) is much flatter. Finland is sweden but swampier.

Denmark is holland 2.0 as far as nature is concerned.

>Sweden (and finland) is much flatter.

The hiking trails in Sweden are usually quite mountainous.

Finland is incomparably flat to both Sweden and Norway. I don't think they have a single proper mountain.

Sorry about that. When in sweden I only stayed in the south.

Learn thoroughly what you are and are not allowed to do within everyman's rights. I remember there was case years ago where bunch of Germans just went to someone's summer cottage for a break. What kind of a dumb fuck thinks taking a break in someone's yard is okay?

>Finland is sweden but swampier
That's not how you spell "lakier"

Sweden is also almost uninhabited outside the coast and southern parts.

That's not exactly true, but okay.

This is a clearer picture. There are small towns, a few cities, and villages dotted about in the vast inlands and mountains. This is both advantageous in that we have very large national parks and such where you can expect to be left alone, and disadvantageous in that if you need help, you're quite alone most likely. It's not unheard of for tourists to die from exposure and such.

>Danish "scenery"