If you take it apart it's a relatively simple album. Don't get why it's so popular around here

If you take it apart it's a relatively simple album. Don't get why it's so popular around here

cause ppl love slapping labels on things and making cool kids' clubs

In terms of conventional composition/songwriting yeah it's pretty simple. But in terms of production work and certain kinds of sampling it's anything but simple. The songwriting/composition aspect of the record has been purposefully left to be simple and easy to follow so the listener is paying attention to the movement happening within the timbres themselves rather than just from pitch.

in other words... one might say you cannot analyze structure in a vacuum ;)

...which is why you don't strip it apart in the first place. why would you? the production is more or less the focal point of loveless, and you would know that if you did the slightest bit of research on it and its background. maybe art's not your thing if this is your attitude towards it, OP. try stamp collecting or something instead.

This is actually an eloquent way of describing ambient music; you have to be a lot more 'in the zone' though to appreciate it. It's a lot more straight forward just listening to a melody. I guess it's why the album flopped on release (correct me if I'm not remembering it accurately).

>I'm retarded and must resort to Chris-chan posting

he was referencing the running joke surrounding loveless -- how the album sounds like a bunch of vacuums and shit to the untrained ear.
dumbass

You should review his post thoroughly and then mine, user.

yea you were needlessly self-aggrandizing
lighten up

if I take you apart you're just a relatively simple fleshbot

Okay bud

Its literally pop with reverb and a bit of modulation. Hardly groundbreaking

Well yeah the composition is secondary to the texture.

At the time it was definitely unusual.

t. ignorant of history

sure, at the time
Last I checked its not 1991 and I think its time Sup Forums shuts the fuck up about this album
how about you explain instead of using some stupid passive aggressive shit like t.

>just reverb and modulation
Since when do we let people, who are hard of hearing and ignorant, become music fans?

Why do people even post in these kinds of threads? It's just a petri dish for bait.

you dont have use pictures with every post you make we all know its you

>how about you explain instead of using some stupid passive aggressive shit like t.

how about you take some initiative for once in your life and learn about the album yourself like everyone else
honestly i would explain but the fact that all you got from loveless is "just reverb a bit of modulation" speaks volumes of your ignorance.
not that it's even a particularly difficult album to analyze anyway lol

The only way to enjoy shoegaze or mbv is to listen to it incredibly loud on a good stereo system. It has to be so loud that your ears hurt. Also being high helps.

right, you're a real "music fan" huh
I bet you show all those normies your superior taste in music and they all give you blowjobs when you throw on Loveless
get over yourself you fucking retard, its literally pop chord progressions that has to hide behind " muh textures"
I'm not even baiting, its simply an okay album. Not bad in any way but its not really the peak of music

I understand your sentiment and I like the album too, but I felt 2nd hand embarrassment reading your post.

Who am I?

you cant use jeff mangum to convey condescension. he's too cheerful, it doesn't work. face it user it was a laff riot

I don't even give a fuck about that. If you don't like the album, cool. But to be totally ignorant of what the music objectively entails and diminishing it all to just reverb and modulation is absurd.

Well, shit man idk what to tell you besides to stop being so insecure all the time that a purposefully overthetop post is giving you insecurity.

Only shallow is a great song but they really are just a one hit wonder

what kind of music do you like?

>Well, shit man idk what to tell you besides to stop being so insecure all the time that a purposefully overthetop post is giving you insecurity.
Jesus, just stop posting; you lack self-awareness.

nice example of the point he was trying to make, fuckface.

>fuckface
You sound upset user?

Not much else to add to this topic since the other guy kinda pointed out the irony in your post, but I'll continue to post in this topic just for you

He's calling you a fuckface, fuckface.

>fuckface, fuckface
Are you, dare I say it? A samefag?

>Guernica is a boring painting because it's old
Please don't breed.
Please don't be around impressionable children.

>this damage control

believe it or not no it just looks like people think youre gay and dumb

Like I said, I don't have much else to add to the topic, but if I'll keep posting just for you

Nice try user

you were samefagging an attack against yourself?

yfw this is me and there was only one poster in this thread all along and no one was ever duped it was only just one guy with no self awareness

What can you say, you're lonely. Aren't we?

it actually wasn't
dream pop existed since early eighties when this album got released

>implying simple = bad

man i see what's happening now.
Slowly the few shitposters who don't like this album will make more and more threads talking shit about it. It'll gradually become a meme and its constant discussion and baiting will make it annoying to people until it begins to be hated.

this has happened with so many great albums here on this board.