ITT: Artists that you have tried to like/get into several times but just can't

ITT: Artists that you have tried to like/get into several times but just can't.

To me that's Björk. Can't get into her music not even if my life depended on it. The remix of All Is Full Of Love is great though. I also have issues enjoying most of Pink Floyd's stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/bob-dylan/blonde-on-blonde/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Same desu. Love the production but her voice comes off as way too forced to me

Can, and Swans

Decent production, shitty voice. As "talented" as female vocalists are supposed to be, they never tend to have the soul of their male counterparts. Too fake. Only operatic females are any good.

Bob Dylan, it just doesn't click.

Swans
The Residents
Death Grips
Pavement

krautrock in general

I get nothing out of it

Same here. He does have some great songs though.

I love her voice. My problem is the music itself. I can't dance to it, I can't get very emotional with it, I just can't do anything on a physical and emotional level. It's just this noise with her voice over it. I simply don't "get" her music.

the Smiths, I like Marr but I really don't care for Morrissey

Death Grips

Yes.
They've got brilliant musicians (Wakeman, Bruford, Squire), but their lyrics are such absolute unfiltered incoherent dogshit that it's simply impossible for me to enjoy their songs.
No idea why people here love Close to the Edge. Foxtrot is way better.

I can't be bothered to pay attention to lyrics while listening to music.

Its probably doesnt click because hes a pretentious kike.

am i in the wrong here? help me bros

Losing My Religion and that's it.

I think it's his poetic style that seems to ramble on about uninteresting nonsense. It's not bad, I'm just not inclined to like most poetry, and it's so central to most of his work that you can't ignore it. Bringing It All Back Home is still really enjoyable for me however.

Listened to Life's Rich Pageant?

for everyone commenting on bjork: have you tried the sugarcubes? I also could not get into her solo stuff, but the sugarcubes are amazing

but i like Chronic Town EP too

GY!BE and Bjork

death grips
grimes
bjork
nmh

I haven't tried that. I will. Thanks, user.

Sufjan Stevens. He's just too much of a pussy, and I'm saying that as a pussy.

>tried to like grimes shit

Fever Ray, it's so whiny, the lyrics are shit

Have you tried anything else other than the Sup Forumscore circlejerky ones? Tago Mago, Faust s/t, and Neu s/t are actually some of the weirder ones in the genre.
Try some of Can's other early stuff, Amon Duul II, AR & Machines, Guru Guru, Embryo

>I can't get very emotional with it
What? Not even Vespertine? That one's literally meant to sound like pure emotion and love. I don't really like her first 2 albums either because they're too basic 90s pop sounding, but later on, especially in Vespertine and Vulnicura, the music gets really minimal, and it puts a huge emphasis on her voice and on making it all sound extremely intimate and personal. Saying that Bjork isn't emotional is pretty hilarious, honestly, when that's her whole deal.

>death grips and grimes in the same post
>calling shit only grimes

dumb deathgripsfag

that didn't even make an sense

but the music is superb, admit it
btw the lyrics are nice

These fags. Every song sounds the same, and Thom has an annoying voice

pink floyd

I mean they're not bad but I don't get why so many people gush over them like they're sonic cum of jesus

Nigger you what

I personally think NIN is trash

Fuck off. I can see swans being too damn abrasive for some, but can? That's fucking ridiculous

Sonic Youth
I don't think they're bad, it's just that their music can get very samey and boring.

Americ an football
Lana del Rey
Childish gambino

Idk, to me it seems like she's a great singer and chooses to sing in that cadence. Like her stuff with the sugarcubes isn't super weird, and she does have some pipes. I still don't like her though.

Bjork as well. I like Kate Bush and Radiohead so you would think I would like essentially the mix between the two but I've tried Post and Homogenic and I just can't.

Fucking leave

Well yeah, everyone should know that by now

Explain the appeal I don't get it

Try Vespertine

I tried to like them since i heard they're the main inspiration of The Pillows, but i can't
I really don't like the vocal

Huh. Guess I'm not the only person who found The Pixies through FLCL. Loved the soundtrack, grabbed The Pillows' discography, and Happy Bivouac has a song called 'Kim Deal' on it. I do like The Pixies, though. Happened to be listening to a Pillows album while scrolling, but it's one of their earlier ones where they were doing jazz-rock, and sounds nothing at all like Pixies.

Lyrics

Lyrics are the least important part of music
fuck off

renaming this thread "pleb filters" because y'all just got prankt

Kanye west. His fanbase is worse than grimes and death grips shit posters, and they're the main reason I'm turned off. Also I just don't like the way he looks. And from what I hear he seams like a know it all egotistical roody poo. I've I my ever heard him in Chappell show and never took interest, sounds and looks generic as a artist.

Ive only ever heard of him on Chappell show*
Sorry, drunk.

I actually never watched FLCL weirdly enough, even though i've been meaning to
I found them through this anime called sket dance when they played Funny Bunny in one of their episode
Still one of my favorite songs of all time

I Can agree on this

hahah, tell that to Bob Dylan fans
oh and go fuck yourself you simpleton cunt

I know you will hate me, but I don't dig King Crimson's "In the court of the Crimson King"

My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. I probably dislike shoegaze in general, since it's quite boring.

When I gave some listens to Bjork I got an impression of someone who goes out of her way to make something clever and unexpected, but beyond that is generally not emotionally connected with the music.

For me it's ELP and Yes. ELP is just wank to my ears and Yes is like a discount Genesis without the heart. There's also Radiohead, I listened to some stuff and I never managed to form even the slightest attraction to their music.

That's legitimate I think. It's a very pompous album, and while I love it to bits, I can see why some won't. It's very "prog" if you get what I mean, like it's firmly entrenched in the genre and its archetypes (many of which this album originated), unlike Lark's Tongue in Aspic and Red which are far more unique and are imo King Crimson's best.

King Diamond is better anyways.

But Bob Dylan is fucking shit
If I wanted good lyrics, I'd just read some poetry

seems like you have a problem with women singing more than bjork herself
how can you say that in a world with joanna and julia holter and lizzy mercier descloux??

Zappa. I like a couple of his songs but overall, I don't get the appeal

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/bob-dylan/blonde-on-blonde/
scroll down and read the review by 'streetmouse' (or if tldr - the bit below it where it says "notes on understanding bob dylan")
helped me understand blonde on blonde a lot

because its one of the most perfect rock songs ever made despite its length

do you say the same for women singing about sexuality and emotions?

>personal
beautiful arrangements
songs that start simply and grow and grow and evolve into some of the most beautiful harmonies since beach boys
and ofc the lyrics

the fanbase means nothing
everyone hates kanye until they listen to his music
kek

Post [Elektra, 1995]

This well-regarded little item rekindles my primeval suspicion of Europeans who presume to "improve" on rock and roll (or for that matter Betty Hutton, originator of the best song here). I don't miss the Sugarcubes' guitars per se so much as their commitment to the groove, which--sporadic though it would remain, Iceland not being one of your blues hotbeds--might shore up the limited but real intrinsic interest of her eccentric instrumentation, electronic timbres, etc. Then there's her, how shall I say it, self-involved vocal devices. Which brings us to, right, her lyrics, which might hit home harder if she'd grown up speaking the English she'll die singing, but probably wouldn't. Anybody out there remember Dagmar Krause? German, Henry Cow, into artsong and proud of it? Well, take my word for it. She was no great shakes either. But at least she had politics. C+

>and from what i hear
form your own opinions fag

>Every song sounds the same
that isnt even remotely true..

you don't get into bjork. she is unlikable. you can just enjoy her voice and / or music

You're a dumb pleb

>grimes
You should try more, she's legit great

>imblying

wew lad