Is it ever coming out?

Is it ever coming out?

When ur mom steps off

THEY'RE JUST GODDAMN TREES

I fucking hate this movie.

If you watched the movie you'd know the tree system was actually intelligent life.

>there's a possibility you will die before seeing the culmination of Cameron's vision

Hold me senpai

I watched it. It came off as a pretentious "save the trees" commercial and it felt like dances with wolves all over again.

>environmentalism is bad

Reminder
>tfw he was actually the good guy

*tips fedora*

Those weren't his motivations and interaction and information sharing with the blue people was entirely possible.

He was just doing his job nothing more nothing less.

Not his motivations personally, no

But humanity as a whole.
People who develop technology for space exploration or curing cancer are just "doing their jobs" too, doesn't mean there's not a bigger picture you autist

>"Save the trees"
>???
>not earth
>...
>must be troll, or actual retard.

Majority of people felt no ill will toward the blue people.

The coporate boss guy mentioned how killing natives is bad pr, but not as bad as no profits.

Well. it was more like a biological internet inhabited by something made out of ancestral memes, DNA of the soul and all, so it was a bit more than trees.

That said, Earth did kinda need the stuff to not fall into a Dark Age, so I say fuck 'em. Meme Trees aren't worth more than billions of lives.

does thiis mena the retrun of abatwp

I hope so

Could go back to human's in the pre-bronze age and say that to them too as we kill off their culture. Is it stated anywhere that they are not developing just like we were?

How did Avatar not have the equivalent of a Prime Directive???

A better question is; does anyone care?

>Prime Directive
Starfleet represent a holier than thou post scarcity society.

Humanity in Avatar needed resources to survive. Not comparable.

>Earth did kinda need the stuff to not fall into a Dark Age
Did it?

>environmentalism means shamanistic bullshit and humanity has to take a backseat

>/reddit/

>pandroa basically has bio computer network trees and shit
>animals u can control with ur mind
>anti grav rocks and trees and shit

>lol we just neet this metal ore

what were they thinking?

No idea but it must have been damn important to justify the effort they spent.

>Is it stated anywhere that they are not developing just like we were?

seeing how they refused any technology humanity offered the movie seemed to state that they were in a evolutionary dead end.

It was established pretty early on that Earth was a polluted hellhole. Not like the magic space jungle where the cat people live.

They didn't refuse every technology though. Pretty much all of them spoke english somehow after only a few years. They are incredibly smart.

>sully and quaritch talking about their military tours
>mentions how the jungle in venezuela was nothing compared to pandora

>later on say earth had no greenery left

that didn't add up

If I could stick my usb ponytail into a tree neural network, I'm pretty sure I'd not be wowed by an ipod. It'd be more interesting if they'd played on Pandora being a result of alien biotech, not just a magic space jungle.

English is easy enough to learn when you don't have the benefit of hive-minding with the planet - and by extension, with everybody else who's learning English - let alone when you do.

I honestly don't understand how writers can get away with the bullshit 80s-era plot that "Earth is a polluted hellhole" when environmentalism has taken Western civilization by the hip.

True, but then again Avatar is the epitome of style over substance.

every primitive tribe would realistically sell their firstborns to get rid of hunger, parasites and toothaches.

Avatar is just the usual decadent western glorification and romatization of nature. Only possible in a society where the majority never had to kill anything themselves.

Earth is a world where it's just survival of the fittest

Pandora has a literal tree god/mother eart thing that sculpted the environment and controlled nature. The na'vi were never in need because their creator/protector was always watching out for them.

yeah thats fucking ridiculous creationist bullshit.

But it's never implied the dat folk have any of those issues. Maybe because their entire planet and everything in it are literally connected.

I get that they were hamfistededly going for the "nature is teh best, injuns were so noble" line.

All I'm saying is Pandora would make MORE SENSE if it was actually insanely advanced bio engineering by Na'vi precursors. But as Magic Trees, it's just daft.

Which is why...>BioTech would be a better reason

james cameron is an atheist vegan so idk ask him

of course he is, thats why he needs to build a replacement for god so badly.

>dude nature loves us and takes care of its children...dude...

In all seriousness, this has potential to be amazing. The first was so generic that Cameron could go in virtually any direction with the material. Cameron has proven people wrong before when they counted him out.

Cameron lost his touch and Avatar sequels should never happen.

>dude if i dont eat animals mother nature will accept me into heaven...dude...

I'm personally hype for the sequel and what he's going to do with the deep sea elements.

I can't wait to see what the new big bad is, like clan civil war or humans return for war or what happens.

But 4 sequels? He's fucking confident. If the sequel bombs what happens?

>lost his touch
Avatar, despite its generic plot, had beautiful visual storytelling and better use of CGI than 99% of today's generic capeshit shiny blurry bloom mess. So shut up.

Reminder that Cameroon literally ripped off the plot to Fern Gully: The Last Rain Forest

>But it looked pretty
Great.
Did you have a point?

Don't you mean pocahonatas or dances with wolves or man meets natives and falls in love and joins them: the movies

Cinema is about visuals. Story comes second.

The cinematorgraphy was on point and the visiuals were incredible for 2009 and still hold up today.

0/10 you're just butthurt

it was still a garbage movie you stupid faggot

I don't think story should come second but basically this. Avatar gets a ridiculous amount of undeserved hate, despite the fact that its better than 90% of corporate blockbusters today.

>No really, it looked pretty and thats all that matters.
You need to be 18+ to post here.

You see us hating the visuals dummy?
It's pretty, no doubt. But it's still a shit film.

whites on pandora had a whole planet of dindus to provide with gibsmedat. no time for such things.

that's a quote from some warhammer fanfiction though.

>incredibly smart
then why are they on nigger technology level?

>>No really, it looked pretty and thats all that matters.
>You need to be 18+ to post here.

Head on over to /lit/ if you have no appreciation for cinema.

Probably 40K fanfiction, The Empire don't have space ships.

I guess the idea is still the same behind it

well obviously

No, it isn't a shit film. It blew my mind when I was 11, and millions of normies loved it. Here's the thing- it was actually good as well.

Maybe Avatar pisses you off because it reminds you of a time when you were happy.

Because they already had everything. We advanced to improve our ease of life. They live in literal utopia. They also have a god breathing down their neck if they do the wrong things.

>utopia
nice utopia if you can get bumfucked by a bunch of ayy lmaos for some rocks and even after millennia you still get killed by predators and live in a fucking tree. even nigger did better.

>All I need is bright colours and pretty visuals, stories confuse me.
Why aren't you in /mlp/?

>Nostalgia goggles means I'm right
If it weren't pretty, it would be nothing.

I hope people stop replying to you since you're being a retard. Rewatch the movie.

Anyone find it strange they showed that scene of burying a na'vi in the ground but then they go and put the humans under the tree so their life force can join with the tree god?

not an argument

Confirmed for unhappy. What's wrong it being pretty?

>If it weren't pretty, it would be nothing.
Woah nice observation

It's almost.. almost like cinema is about the visuals.

A- the Na'vi didn't get bumfucked since Eywa seduced and mind controlled an ayy lmao, AKA Jake Sully.
B- They live forever in the global consciousness dumbass.

I can't believe I replied to you.

that's great. they went all out and just defeated a handful of ayys with ancient tech. did enya think that through? what will she do against orbital bombardment?

hope not. was packed full of subpar writing and cliches and the m8 playing the main character is a terribly boring and one-dimensional hack of an actor

only idiots operate on the sunk cost fallacy

it's not worth the money

the movie disagrees with you.

Nothing. But that alone doesn't make it good.

If this same film was made in the 80's with practical effects, no cunt would care about it. The visuals are an element, not the totality. If you literally enjoy films just for the visuals you are part of the reason nothing of worth gets made. Cause idiots like you just want better fucking graphics.

no it doesn't

>If this same film was made in the 80's with practical effects, no cunt would care about it.

it'd be a god damn classic of scifi

that is if it was done well

fuck off underage contrarion edge lord faggot

This.

Avatar looked great but was shit on everything else.

wrong

yes it does. the rock sells for enough to pay for the mission and earn money. so it will pay for a new mission but this time without carrot and only stick.

I didn't know it was possible to be this jaded.

No it wouldn't.
We'd all laugh at the rubber masks by now, even if at the time they were superb.

Hell, even the CG is starting to age.

Great rebuttal.

thanks

>Cinema is about visuals. Story comes second
YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

>my college professor of black kino studies told me so

Audiences today flock to visually unimpressive movies that are terribly storyboarded, if at all with shot-reverse shot, shakycam, CGI shot. Just look at Civil War and BvS. Avatar still looks better than both of those.

Why is it so terrible to admit that Avatar has terrific visual storytelling and a serviceable plot? What prompts you to dislike to the movie as much as red-dit does?

How come they couldn't find one shady villain clan on Pandora, willing to backstab the others, sell it to the soldiers and rule the desolated land, eternal shiny and chrome?

yes but what cost was spent getting there and setting up and do they have that capital to do it again. they would face greater resistance and know they'd have to invest 10 times the amount previously to try and succeed along with trying to find mercenaries on board with going to some far off world to die. you'd have to pay them incredibly well.

it's likely more costly to return than venture into alternative energies or whaterver the rock was used for

because they were all united by the trees

how is throwing a bunch of rocks from space onto a bunch if blue niggers cost a lot?

>U don't like teh mubi I saw as a kid teh saem way I doo...? You Jaded!!
You were a child awed by bright colours.
By that same logic you might argue Power Rangers was high art. It certainly had pretty colours.

>Teh rebbit boogeyman hates it so we must love it!!!
It's Shit but Pretty.
Fucking deal with it.

And yet, sequels are happening. Where else will we get conflict?

Earth is literally BUCKLING under overconsumption and nuclear terrorism. Most people eat algae based shit to survive ffs. Note, this lore is decently shady at this point since it serves no real purpose in the film and might be retconned come Avatar 2.

But Unobtanium is worth what, $200mil/kg? There's a reason the RDA set up the most expensive quasi-governmental corp trip ever. 10 ISVs and solar sails coming to and fro every 6 months. Fuck I love Jim, just thinking about his sci-fi/titanic autism makes me hyped for Avatar 2. He always gives every project 110%.

>spending money out of spite with no goal

this is why you're poor

So will they explain why the scientist retards were out studying plants when they were supposed to be convincing the Na'vi to move?

I don't blame Quaritch for losing his mind. The scientists in this movie are absolutely retarded. Nothing was getting done.

The goal is obtaining the fucking mineral.

are you genuinely trying to argue story quality doesn't matter just because it's film or are you just being a cheeky cunt

wtf is pol doing with it, faggot?

Humans are the baddies, baddies have to do bad things. No one on Pandora is a baddy, so the humans have to come back.

>Where else will we get conflict
civil war, scientists coming to kidnap na'vi to put them in zoos on earth and jake sully has to fly a space dragon to go get them back?

the possibilties are endless

Maybe there's a technologically advanced species living on the ocean floors of Pandora?
I always thought that would be interesting.

Watch the FUCKING MOVIE YOU MONGOLOID

They shot up a school a decade earlier when some Na'vi kids attacked bulldozers.

Good god Sup Forums is full of retards sometimes. If you want to hate on Avatar through ignorance there's a containment website you can visit for that.

the actual plot sucked, but the value of Avatar lies in the atmosphere it created. Not since LOTR have I ever wanted to visit a fantasy world so badly as Pandora.

>Endless

>Humans come back or suddenly Bad Kitties

>Endless