Tfw one of the greatest

>tfw one of the greatest
movies of the past 10 years can never be discussed here because red letter media plebs turned it into a meme

fuck them

Linklater is a fucking joke in any serious cinematic circles. Boyhood was a meme flick that nobody worth their salt took seriously well before reddit letter media.

One of the worst films ever made. It's has that same effect on me that Nolan films do where if I hear anybody in person say that it's good, I just start laughing so hard I can't breath, I'm unable to stand, tears streaming down my face.

Logistically impressive I guess, but the film itself in unremarkable.

spotted the pleb
go back to your shitty Lars Von trier tryhard deep flicks

are there any other movies like this that deal with parent hood and growth in a similar way? I found Patricia arquettes character incredible and I rewatch it often pretty much only for her

Boyhood is without a doubt the most "pleb" film ever made. "DUDE RELATABLE LMAO" is the lowest form of cinema.

I'm sorry you forgot that art is literally about a connecting human experience. in that way, boyhood is the greatest Film ever made

Normies are not capable of art. Linklater is a normie. He depicts normies onscreen to validate the lives of other normies. He makes "happy meals", not art.

IT TOOK

>normie

oh okay you're just an autistic robot, nevermind everything I said. back to /r/9k you go

12 YEARS A SLAVE

12 YEARS

TO MAKE

this. Anybody who's not American knows how trash this film is. One of Linklater's worst.

Did they mention how faggoty the main character is in the RLM review? He ruined the movie by turning into an emo hipster faggot near the end.

>it's a Eurotrash never experienced the glory of 90s era American suburbs thread

I'm sorry you missed out on literally peak human experience bud

Patricia Arquette literally did one of the best roles in modern cinema. The rest of the film is trash.

The early scenes were okay but how do they expect you to care about a leftist neurotypical character who gets a GF and a college education?

I was literally shaking with rage for the entire second half of the movie.

>90's era

literally no part of this movie took place in the 90s

spergs

Early 2000s is watered down 90s you dumb kike

>millennial: the movie
Pathetic. The fact that this was able to get good reviews speaks to just how far society has fallen.

>movie opens with coldplay song
My instinct was just to get up and leave right then, and after seeing the rest of the movie, I wish I had just walked out at the start.

TWELVE

So is it only Trump loving bigots who hate this movie?

ANGRY

I know you want to act like you were a 90's kid because you were born in 98 but, no.

MEN

>"90's kid"

please...PLEASE go back to redd*t faggot

>Uses Trump supporter as an insult
Fucking leftists, lmao.

Cuck shit like Boyhood is exactly why the country needs him. Remember that scene with the mexican who gets his life changed by the nice white liberal woman and then all of us good white liberals in the audience get to feel good about outselves. The most cringeworthy propaganda scene in recent memory. I'll take the wall over that fantasy.

12 years to make, then 12 years butthurt that it failed

>Sup Forums is too emotionally jaded and had such a shitty childhood with deadbeat dads that they can't relate to a story that encompasses what it means to grow old
>this is because Sup Forums never grew up

makes sense why no one here likes it desu, i wouldn't expect a bunch of shut in autists who have barely experienced the world to enjoy, let alone understand, a movie that explores that very idea.

Sup Forums is far more welcome here than reddit. Sup Forums is a fundementally right wing board.

>I need to love it, because if I don't find meaning in his very boring and normal life, it means that my own is devoid of meaning too!

But you Sup Forumseditors aren't

I related to the childhood part of the movie just fine, but when he got older and became a normie it was the most betrayed I had ever felt by a film, I was full of burning hatred for the whole second half.

no, it means in my life i have experienced the same feelings that mason did. and i saw my mom go through much of the same that patricia arquette did. boyhood gave me the ability to reflect a lot of feelings back to me that i've never taken the time to really think about.

it rarely comes off as pseudo-deep or tryhard intellectual. mason acting like that was a deliberate choice on linklaters part and anyone who thinks otherwise is a retard.

linklater wisely focuses on the moments between the milestones in life. It is not a film concerned with documenting the cliches of adolescence - first kiss, first drink, prom etc. - but rather those transient in-between moments that prove just as transformative in their own quiet ways. conflict is drama, as the saying goes, but Boyhood seriously challenges this assumption. there are few moments of conventional drama in the film yet it remains a riveting, witty and heartfelt experience throughout its lengthy but never unwelcome run time.

you never feel like anything is happening but when the movie is over, a lot has happened. we don't seize the moment. the moment seizes us. art imitates life and boyhood is the pristine example. im sorry if you don't enjoy it.

>g-go back to Sup Forums
>What's wrong with Sup Forums being here exactly? You are the outsider
>G-GO BACK TO Sup Forums INSTEAD

Desperate leftist.

This. When they guy turned into a monster of the night the director should have rolled with it and change the entire second half of the movie.

It wasn't a bad movie, but I don't think the final result payed off to all it took to get it done.

Did you not read the fucking post you Sup Forumseddit scum? I said go back to your board

You'll never be welcome here or on Sup Forums

Thats LITERALLY not what art is ya dingus
Art: the expression or application of human creative skill AND IMAGINATION.

I am this board. Anybody who disagres with my beliefs is the invading force and needs to go home.

>it's a Sup Forumseddit scum pretends to be Sup Forums and thinks he "belongs" here post

these are the funniest ones

Why did you reply twice?

>one of the greatest movies of the past 10
no, they are:
In the Mood for Love
There Will Be Blood
The Tree of Life

Boyhood is shit but you have autism

I really like linklater but boyhood got a big shrug from me. Interesting, but not unique, gimmick in service to a bunch of nothing.

And honestly what is there to discuss with boyhood?

>There Will Be Blood
Get that video game shit out of my face you cheeto stain hot pocket.

You're a Sup Forumsedditor not this art board or Sup Forums

A low IQ Sup Forumsedditor

welcome to real life you fucking faggot

didn't one of the girls in the movie turn into a massive tit monster?
not sure if it was a sister or childhood friend.
someone posted it.

>TWBB
>Vidya
I'd play the shit out of sid meier's oil baron.

>Actual objective proof that the people who respect TWBB are adult video game players
Screencapped for the folder.

Stay infantile.

>it's a Sup Forumsedditors can't understand boyhood so they just meme about it thread

>It's a pretentious twats pretend boyhood was good since everyone with a brain found it mediocre thread
Worst threads.