Architecture: Religious Buildings

Posts cathedrals, abbeys, churches, temples, synagogues, mosques & other religious buildings in your cunt. Please - no religion shitfest.

This is the only synagogue from my city (I couldn't find a bigger picture)

I was about to post one of the usual Gothic cathedrals we have but instead here's this, it's not in Russia but in Nice, southern France

how did such building end up in france?

pic rel is not in norway but in polish silesia

I've heard there's a quite big Russian community in Nice, like there is in some places in Spain. The ones that can afford it love a second home in the sun I guess
There's another one in Paris (pic related) but it's less surprising since it's a much more cosmopolitan city and huge
Pretty fucking nice, how old is it ?

>how old is it ?
12/13 century
moved from norway in 1842

which one looks better?

left

tough choice desu

I honestly can't decide, even though I usually prefer Western churches

Definitely left. Where is that?

Minnesota, Cathedral of Saint Paul

My sister visited the Polish countryside and told me most churches are always beautiful and well maintained even if the rest of the town is in bad shape

Love posting this one because it looks like no other one in the country

that's true

The St. Louis Cathedral downtown. Very beautiful outside & surroundings, with a fine interior as well. Immediately outside big jazz bands like to come around and perform, as well as magicians, sword swallowers, & the like. Artists put up their paintings and prints around the fence of the garden square just outside, including caricaturists, which is fun. My favorite however is the dentally-challenged (not a misspelling - none of them have a full set of teeth) psychics who set up their ridiculous tables and furry umbrellas and crystals and dogs and read your fortune with artfully worn & torn tarot cards. Pretty good time.

It looks like they started building a factory but then switched to a cathedral, neat

Got this little chapel for hippies just south of here.

Wew the nature strikes me more than the building
Here's the perfect hippie church, literaly made of a tree

damn I bet hippies pay to go there

Left ofc

Here's one I took in a church in the French Basque country

Left.

here's a church that was finished a little over a year ago

this one was ruined in an earthquake during the 18th century

built in the 11th century

one of the handful of art deco style churches in Hungary

the oldest building of Pest, a church built in the 12th century on the foundations of an ancient Roman fort, then refurbished in later times in the gothic, turkish and baroque styles

Damn 10/10

largest synagogue in europe

the synagogue in my district, built in the 1820s

what's the story behind those random blocks of stones?

a very bold contemporary design

what happned to the towers?

believe it or not, this is a catholic church

another synagogue

Kek.

Every time I'm in here people look at me like I'm a heretic for not prostrating at every pew and icon, very grim vibes

The Kalozha church of Sts. Boris and Gleb is the oldest extant structure in Grodno, Belarus. It is the only surviving monument of ancient Black Ruthenian architecture, distinguished from other Orthodox churches by prolific use of polychrome faceted stones of blue, green or red tint which could be arranged to form crosses or other figures on the wall.
in the night from the 1st to the 2nd April 1853, and the southern part of the western wall collapsed. In 1889, he struck the southern apse. In the future, the missing walls were replaced with wood.

You scared off the American

thanks, really cool