Thoughts on new Ugly Mane?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/miles-evans-192253977/void-prod-lum/s-Ubo7r
liluglymane.bandcamp.com/album/volume-1-flick-your-tongue-against-your-teeth-and-describe-the-present
soundcloud.com/miles-evans-192253977/void-prod-lum/s-8SzaZ
mega.nz/#!5JslyaQR!4SX1gx7KJAFaPCX7bUn-ParM1laKuxGTFuCuvuLTGps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i don't listen to insipid memerap

Listening to it now. Really enjoying it. First record of the year that I can see myself listening to for a while.

>i don't listen to insipid memerap

Agreed. Some of this shit is really personal

Just came on Sup Forums to make this thread. Digging it. I still have to get around to listening to his full discog.

On a side note does anyone know wtf is up with the Sup Forums archive?

Anyone have background on the album art?

> I listen to insipid memerap
> because I want my girlfriend's son to think I'm cool

link?

incredibly inspired, this is everything oblivion access should have been
(pro tip: if you actually liked oblivion access then this is going to be a massive treat)

just started listening, the second track is fucking amazing

fucking tryhard garbage like everything else he ever put out

and you scrawny little polfags cream yourselves over it because you all secretly want to be nigs

that bed seems comfy

it's what your bed looks like when you stay in a mental hospital/psychiatric ward kind of place

i think its a reference to jandek's ready for the house cover. he even samples jandek on the album.

Also, anyone got a link?

Great album.

which Jandek track did he sample?

3 dollars dude

'im not sure what is was'
during haze of interference
is from jandek's - what did i hear

Haze of Interference is so goddamn heavy

what a baby

Thanks. I thought that was what the sample was but I've never heard that Jandek track

its good

Based off that text post is this shit the linkin park of cloud rap?

you should see a psychiatrist
you have some shit that yu need sorted out

I liked it a lot. Only heard it once today, but it's easily my favorite thing that the guy has put out. There are a handful of songs under the Ugly Mane name that I enjoy but I really enjoyed the whole Bedwetter release.

I really dig the "an empty bliss" kind of atmosphere.

Too much filler. Feels unfinished.

...because it is...

I know it's just volume one but compare it to sides of tape that have much more better flow to them despite being composed of random snippets.

soundcloud.com/miles-evans-192253977/void-prod-lum/s-Ubo7r

I am a fucker

Anyone got a download link

dude, it's 3 (THREE) dollars

>tfw no credit card

i dont like it
>"ooh im gonna yell about not being understood"
basically that

ask your mom for a credit card

Link?

liluglymane.bandcamp.com/album/volume-1-flick-your-tongue-against-your-teeth-and-describe-the-present

did you even listen to it? This is a very mentally ill man.

shameless updated link

soundcloud.com/miles-evans-192253977/void-prod-lum/s-8SzaZ

lmao do you really think ugly fans are polshits

lil ugly mane's music is dumb alt-right shit
>dude black people r dumb lmao

yeah good luck convincing anyone that you're actually this retarded

yeah i did im not saying its bad i just dont care for it

Ugly is pretty Sup Forums-tier.

11/10, easy

Haze of Interference, holy fuck

I ugly Sup Forums?

Never really got into it, but my friend's super into him.

Now I'm worried...

help the nigga out he sleepin on that bed in the picture and yet he's nice enough to make it $3

LUM is "edgy" but def not racist
Antwon joked about him being in the KKK and people took it the wrong way though lol

jesus christ "man wearing a helmet" is hard to listen to, is this the Whitehouse of hip hop?

your loss, faggot

>is this the Whitehouse of hip hop?
damn, that's a good comparison. now i wanna hear more stuff that fits that description

this is the closest i've come to hearing something akin to that, and i'm a big whitehouse fan. clipping sampled it and all which sounded good conceptually but the lyrics just didn't do it justice, basically more normie rap about "shootas" and "wriggle like an eel, gurl"

is he really???

yeah i'm really not a big fan of clipping outside of a few tracks which i think are god-tier.

i've only listened to bird seed from whitehouse, what other albums of theirs should i focus on if i'm a big fan of the first two tracks?

>i've only listened to bird seed from whitehouse, what other albums of theirs should i focus on if i'm a big fan of the first two tracks?
bird seed is easily the most rhythmic thing they've done, you're not gonna find much else they've done quite like it aside from maybe Racket which I haven't heard. I'd say listen to "Cruise" next, then go further back from there to "Mummy and Daddy" and "Quality Time", and then go back even further.

>ARE YOU HAPPY NOW, TRAVIS?

aight

is this the best thing Travis has ever done? this is like what Oblivion Access, as much as I love that album, should've been.

>is this the best thing Travis has ever done?
nah, there's a solid chunk which is pretty boring
still oblivion access, though this has tracks better than anything on oa

>the lyrics just didn't do it justice, basically more normie rap about "shootas"
this. if clipping wanted to do justice to whitehouse, they should've rapped about "shotas"

you're mom gay

ayy lmao

seriously though. from having a pure noise project like Across, to tracks like "TELL DEM BOYS IMA SKELETON" to shit like Haze of interference. I swear LUM is one of the most interesting artists making music today

not to mention the breakbeat/house/uk dance flavored tracks, the black metal, etc

sometimes i feel like LUM was a gift sent to me from god to encapsulate all my favorite music in the hands of one capable, talented artist

Oblivion Access got me through some hard, suicidal times when it dropped. This one probably will too. Especially "stoop lights", since my m.o. the past couple months has been getting plastered every few weeks knowing full well that I'm an addict/alcoholic and telling myself it's okay because I'm still sober a good amount of the time. that song hit me hard when i first heard it.

by the way, does anybody have any rare LUM shit sitting on their hard drives?
I don't even remember where I found this but it's the only Across stuff I've found that isn't the two tracks that are on Absence of shit person (one of the tracks on absence of shit person was on this live releases stuff I found though)

mega.nz/#!5JslyaQR!4SX1gx7KJAFaPCX7bUn-ParM1laKuxGTFuCuvuLTGps

Am I the only one that doesnt like Haze of Interference?

Only song I don't like on the album

To be quite honest gang, I much preferred PLAYAZ CIRCLE to this unfocused release. Granted this is much more personal and reflective of his mental state, which I suppose many will credit as being a 'deeper' or more 'genuine' kind of record but it's a sonic mess. I think this record is evidence that you can get so personal that you become essentially solipsistic. There's more to music than just bearing your soul, especially when you're soul is in such a rotten state that it's unrecognizable to anyone else, at that point you've reduced your suffering to a spectacle.

I'm gonna listen to all the shit he puts out, but I'm more excited for his Secret Circle work

phantano leave plx

>Ramleh tattoo on his hand
I just like this guy more and more every day

just realized Absence of shit person probably has the same has the same bed. mattress and sheet match colors

oblivion access was really good tho

>Am I the only one that doesnt like Haze of Interference?

opinions on the delivery on haze of interference, is it too try hard or is it genuine? The way he does the "insane" voice changes and shit.