Everyone has american accents

>everyone has american accents
>humans literally use guns and muskets
>muh quips in a "high fantasy" movie
>95% of the movie was made on a macbook

How did we go from LOTR to this shit? Goddamn I feel bad for millennials.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tCckcTHWqKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aragorn had an american accent. Checkmate.

I never understood the "its fantasy so everyone must be british" shit. Its not UK, you know that right?
>humans literally use guns and muskets
Just like the games
>muh quips in a "high fantasy" movie
Just like the games
>95% of the movie was made on a macbook
Just like the games, probably

It's not written by some britbong autist in the 20th century that's why.

Agreed. I don't know why they had to make everybody on game of thrones a Britbong. The books were written by an American and don't take place in England.

>already surpassed force awakens in box office
disney kiddies in damage control lmao

really?

>Goddamn I feel bad for millennials.
Why do so many people think Millennial just means people younger than them? LOTR came about at the perfect time for Millennials

Only in China

>Just like the games, probably
>implying anyone who makes games would use a fucking mac

First meme-line indicates you are retarded. Try again, anonymous.

>this amount of damage control
shekels are shekels no matter where they come from

>Cherry picking
Everything in China has beaten out star wars. Shit, even Zootopia beat out star wars an the chinese openly admitted to hating it

Accountants only care about global scale boyo and if its only a success in China, then those shekels aint worth much

LOTR isn't old, mang.

Millennials watched LOTR when it came out.

Too many characters: the movie.

I'm sure the accountants at Legendary will be dissapointed getting only 55% of the total chinese revenue alone.

Also Europe got great money. Nobody cares about US desu you can keep your capeshit.

Has only made $16.3m in yurop m8. Even less than the US

Stormwind/Lordaeron's people all have American accents in the games/books/comics

Gilneas is based on England, however. If we get a 2nd film we will no doubt see pic related fighting because they probably don't want to wait for decades to pass for Worgen to fight in the movies.

Also, if we get a 2nd movie, we will get:

>Goblins
>Amai trolls
>Ogres
>more dwarves
>high elves
>Paladins
>Gen 1 Death Knights

And probably more that I can't remember all fighting.

why don't people get that american and modern english accents are both equally descended from older ones. one isn't more old timey than the other

>I've been force-fed the 'fantasy is British' cliche for years so anything different is WRONG!
>LotR didn't have guns so anything different must be WRONG!
>I am no man.
>Some of the best visuals of all-time.
They stayed true to the games cuck, deal with it.

>Agreed. I don't know why they had to make everybody on game of thrones a Britbong. The books were written by an American and don't take place in England.
Uh, Westeros is shamelessly just the British Isles. Compare the maps. The whole plot is one big fantasy rewrite of the War of the Roses.

Characters from The North have Northern English accents (NOWETUNDS), etc.

>they're extraordinary, beastmonetary

What did he mean?

All humans in the Warcraft games have American accents

>>muh quips in a "high fantasy" movie

I heard otherwise.

I'm surprised they're actually buying tickets

>movieverse Teron Gorefiend
Yes pls

I'm like 90% certain you're a millennial, faggot.

Jesus Christ, really?

>Literally gives a movie a bad score because not enough quips
American critics everybody

what did she mean by this?

When they were 1?

Do you just not know what Millennial means?

Almost everyone here is a millennial. People who are 30 today are Millennials. The people at prime age for LOTR, myself included were millennials

I literally have no clue what these mongos are trying to say.

Are they saying the plot is too complicated unless you actually played warcraft 1?

There's only 2 quips in the movie.

"Well that was tearful" and "cutting off its head was a good idea".

Humor, even dry humor, is not quips. A quips is an sarcastic comment said in a snarky fashion, most of the time without context.

lothar had an american accent?

>World of Warcraft
>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""High Fantasy"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

No.

WoW is a plebeian-tier MMO with a plebeian-tier Fantasy setting.

its based on a videogame..you pleb

>confusing warcraft with wow

so killing you will bring me more honor

fucking casuals

I think a distinction should be made between millennials, and those who grew up after the internet became standard.

I think growing up with the internet being an ever-present normality is going to seriously affect this recent generation. There are kids the age of 16 out there who cannot conceive of a world without smartphones. That's very different from those who actually witnessed the rise of the consumer internet clearly.

>american
>accent

can we finally admit lotr was boring

it took me me 5 years of by the chance watching to plow through that shit

>Durotan is the best part of the movie
>Gets fel AIDS and dies like a bitch
wew

Why does Gul'Dan walk around like a hobbled old coot when he's a buff green bodybuilder?

How can this be from the guy that made Moon and a source Code?

makes enemies think that he's a hobbled old coot

>making games on macbooks

... no he didn't.

>I never understood the "its fantasy so everyone must be british" shit. Its not UK, you know that right?

It's because the American accent isn't old. It has no real history, so it sounds fake and out-of-place in any medieval fantasy story.

Now, a fantasy western, that could only have American accents.

So it doesn't sound out of place when almost everyone voicing a character in the games has an american accent?

>glad you could bake it uther

It sounds out of place in the games, too. But, even worse than that is when they try to fake another accent, like those damn "Scottish" Dwarves.

>It's because the American accent isn't old
The modern british one isn't either

Both modern english and American evolved from the same dialects, neither anything like the accent that would have been heard in the middle ages. Most evidence suggests it is actually american southern accents which are most similar to the british accent spoke in the days of America's birth

No, not at all
As long as a world has internal consistency, thats all that matters

Now when brothers have different regional accents or something like that, that sounds bad

No, if anything it sounded like a mixture between Welsh and Latin.

youtu.be/tCckcTHWqKw

I was talking about english at the time the American and British accents split, not middle ages english

And why would you when we're talking medieval accents? There's centuries between the two, so the time of the split is irrelevant.

because the assertion was
"American accent isn't old. It has no real history" when in fact both the american and british accents of today evolved from the same dialects. Its rather silly to suggest one has more history when they have a shared history

But you're missing the entire point: one is AMERICAN, and the other is ENGLISH. One is clearly going to have more history, because one has existed for longer.

because he has massive fel spikes growing from his back?

high fantasy refers to settings like Warcraft and D&D, low fantasy refers to settings like GoT and The witcher.

can you finally admit ur a pleb m8?

How do you not understand this?
They both have existed for just as long. Hell british people only stopped pronouncing their 'R's recently. The english spoken before America was a thing is just as strongly connected if not more so to the modern American accent as it is to the modern British accent

>How do you not understand this?

Right, do me a favour and answer this: what came first, England or America?

You mean the modern political establishments? Or the land itself? Or human habitation?

You seem to just be confusing 'modern' british with historical dialects

They are probably the same type of people who don't like sci-fi because it's "too complicated" or "too unrealistic". If you're too dumb to follow on what's happening in the movie then you don't deserve to critique it.

Not that the movie was all that complicated or of high quality or anything.

How about you eurocuckolds start making your own shit and you can use your own retarded accents

Until then, deal with it

>As long as a world has internal consistency, thats all that matters

No, you seem to be confusing the whole fucking shebang. English accents have existed since long before American ones. We know the accent of Shakespeare was probably like a mix between Irish and West Country, and that was at least 100 years BEFORE any American accent.

So, as I said before, the American accent has no history compared to the English one.

You are fucking retarded, holy shit. Stop posting. You're the kind of poster I hope is trolling because otherwise you're too stupid to be serious.

The movie was made for Warcraft/WoW fans. If you're not one of those and you watched the movie it's your own fucking fault.

All of us Blizzdrones loved it.

you are thinking of generation Z, not millennials. fucking uneducated dullards.

America literally became an entity from England. American english literally shares the same history as English.

She was attempting to look like le evil femme fatal

It's a good thing Stormwind isn't America then, and that Gilneas isn't Britain, It's also a good thing Azeroth isn't Earth.

>English accents have existed since long before American ones
Accents that have been called english have, but certain not the accents people in england currently use

> millennials

Nice buzzword.

American history stops when America stops existing. Just as the accent stops when it's the English accent. Whereas the English accent is much, much older.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Read through the chain before you get your panties in a bunch.

It depends on which parts of England you're in.

>Whereas the English accent is much, much older.
No, the moern american accent is more closely related to historical english. The british accent only evolved recently when they decided to stop vocalizing "R".

OH MUH DEAR, IT SURELY WOULD BE LOVELY TO DRINK TEA THIS AFTERNOON, DON'T YOU THINK SO TOO SIR ELIOTT? Nobody wants to hear that gay shit in every film.

what was the plot? did they just take a videogame and make a movie? like, oh yeah mario is jumping lets make that into a movie bloop bloop woop woop

there is no currently extant accent that has existed unchanged from accents of even 100 years ago

"American" accents only exist because of Britain and come from British English, just like modern British accents. Same with Canadian, Indian, and Australian accents too.

The fact is that modern american is way more historic and traditional than modern british

>No, the moern american accent is more closely related to historical english.

Absolutely no basis for that, considering what's already been said about medieval English and Shakespearean English.

>The british accent only evolved recently when they decided to stop vocalizing "R".

We still say "r".

Yes, there are. Remember, WW1 was around 100 years ago. We've even got recordings from those days.

Let's stick with just the two accents, because this kid is still struggling as it is.

The American accent is younger than the English accent. And it has to be, since it's a branch of the English accent.

>Absolutely no basis for that
except that thats what academics agree upon

>critics score: 26%
>audience score: 86% liked it

kek

>Stormwind/Lordaeron's people all have American accents in the games/books/comics
>accents in the books
I, too, liked their voices better in the books.

>The American accent is younger than the English accent.
Thats just not how it works. Just because an accent existed in englan in the past doesn't mean modern english accents are older than modern american ones

If you are only trying to say that english has been spoken in some form in England for longer than America, well then of course, but that doesn't make either modern form older

And yet, it isn't. Go listen to some actual recitals of Shakespeare.

I am saying that the American accent is younger than the English accent. I'm saying that even as a nation, America has obviously existed for less time than England. I'm saying everything about America is lacking in history compared to England. So trying to act like America can somehow piggyback on English history to give it some medieval credibility is clearly bollocks.

Hence, American accents always sound worse for medieval fantasy than the English accent.

Director Duncan Jones will live to fight another day. But you leave the mostly worthless Warcraft with just two words ringing in your ear: Game over.

>except that thats what academics agree upon
You read a fucking pop linguistics article and now think you're an expert. American accents are not closer to 16th century English than British accents. You're just focusing on one single feature which is rhoticity, i.e. pronouncing 'r's when they're not before a vowel as in 'cart', but there are way more features that have changed in the last few centuries. For example almost all Canadians and about half of Americans and rising pronounce 'cot' and 'caught' the same. Only a few British accents do. By this criteria British accents are more conservative.
You're so fucking dense. If a British couple has two children and one of them moves to America, according to you the one that stayed in Britain has a much older family history.

>Low fantasy
What? isn't it called dark fantasy?

You keep confusing 'an english accent' with 'the current english accent'

The english accent has not existed longer than America, accents in england have but they are not currently spoken

>You're so fucking dense. If a British couple has two children and one of them moves to America, according to you the one that stayed in Britain has a much older family history.

The irony of calling someone else dense and then coming out with something that makes you look like a fucking ball of lead.

What would happen is this: one kid will have a shorter American history, while the other has a longer British history.

>For example almost all Canadians and about half of Americans and rising pronounce 'cot' and 'caught' the same
Sorry, I don't have a California accent, the standard american accent does not do that shit

>Too many characters: the movie.
More like too many characters nobody gives a shit about

>The english accent has not existed longer than America

Yes, it has. Listen to Shakespeare's accent compared to modern West Country. It's practically the same, and that's at least a century older than America.

no, because high fantasy can be dark and low fantasy can be "bright." Low and high only refer to the level of supernatural/fantastic/magical elements.

Confirmation bias my friend, I think it sounds more American

Then you're a moron.