/tdop/ offffficial

Settled Dust Edition (?)

/Mu we fucking did it

NOW we wait for Fagtano or P4K to see this shit and celebrate in the mean time.
Discuss and stuff, but most ideas are closed for change unless absolutely necessary.
(Like the recent album cover change)

>”Vinyl when?”
This would be rad af, but unfortunately it’s highly illegal and we dont own any sampling rights.
Maybe in the late future.

Outlets with updates and the music it self:

Bandcamp
thepablocollective.bandcamp.com/releases
Twitter
twitter.com/TheDeathOfPabl0
SoundCloud
soundcloud.com/thedeathofpablo
YouTube (discontinued)
youtube.com/channel/UCzECcwlnFv5wRYBZLGocLxg

[email protected]
[email protected]

ALL THREADS IN HISTORY:
Also, I’m working on a MEGA file that will include all the history, images, milestones, stats etc that the project has achieved so far. For when this is all over, to look back at it all.
But regardless all the old threads should still exist in the archives etc.

Thanks again everyone.

better than mouth moods

I havent listened to it, but I know a lot of ppl like it, so thanks for that.

>”Vinyl when?”
Have you considered cassettes? Perhaps available for free after a set 'donation'

Yeah thats also something, but for the future, cause I'm not super in the position to do that at this very moment, so do what you will with that information (Feedback, suggestions, etc)

>sampling rights
I was unaware these existed

You can't just sample someones music and make money off of it like its nothing.

Purple Cover >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this

Question for everyone.

Why are you guys pushing the original cover so hard? Just wondering.

Honestly I hate it, I like the more aesthetic cover

Purple cover sucks. It's just the loud minority.

You hate the new or old one?
I find both aesthetically pleasing.

The grey one is way better than the purple one, the purple one is as trashy as TLOP's cover was

Well, regardless the purple one still managed to destroy the 200 free download limit in less than like two hours at like 1AM and blow up enough to reach Fantano.

They're both good in my opinion, but there's obviously a divide when it comes the cover. The previous threads have shown that too.

Why should an album of this nature have a bland but aesthetically appealing cover?

The trashiness of the TLOP cover is perfect for this.

Because TDOP is a classy lady. You gotta treat her like such.

couldnt have said it better

FSMH Part 3 is what I put on when I'm tryna seduce ladies.

>seduce

you mean torture right?

Thanks mate. That means a lot.

I just got used to the purple cover and wanted it back, but looking at how nice the bandcamp page looks with the new cover, and just how well it works paired with the music, was enough to make me love it

Ah okay, thanks for explaining at least

Purple cover relates more to the original. The TLOP cover design is iconic at this point. Also it's way more attention grabbing. You immediately know it has something to do with Kanye when looking at it. If you want Kanye to hear it, you need the purple cover back.

They obviously cleared the samples.. be real

free mixtape

>make money off it

Is there still no list of samples?

You think Death Grips cleared a pink floyd sample?

That first use of the Famous sample in Washed Up is speaker destroying in the best possible way

>I miss the old Kanye
>BAM BE DAM

But it DID have a vinyl pressed of it.
If this is never pressed on vinyl, why not cassette? There are hundreds of vaporwave albums that have been released on cassette with obvious samples, including Late Night Delight, which uses very identifiable Michael Jackson samples, and is very often repressed.

Do you want a list of direct samples or a list of the tracks that were put together?

Or a David Bowie sample

direct samples including interviews

christ, okay you're gonna have to give me some time.

Why not distribute this on cassettes?
I wasn't involved in this project but I could record this onto c90's all day and all night and mail em to anyone interested.

how much would that cost you?

Idk, whatever it costs me to power my tape decks. Which is nothing cause my landlord pays utilities.

Real talk I'd just need blank cassettes. I could A) Buy them in bulk for cheap, but slower shipping
B) Buy them on Amazon, they cost maybe $2 CAD a pop but ship faster
C) Plunder a thrift store for cassettes, erase the original recordings and re-record

None of these ways are prohibitively expensive

Well shit I mean, I think a lot of people would legit want this if you really wanna make this happen on your budget.

email [email protected] so we can really plan this etc

hahaha fuck it let's do it. I have exams this first half of this week but I'll definitely drop you guys an email within 24 hours.

Note that this will be pretty lo-fi. I have a background in live sound but I haven't fucked with mastering and what not. I'll basically just be feeding the output from the FLAC files into the input on my decks and pressing record.

I'd be using ferric tapes with Dolby B reduction, unfortunately I can't afford a Dolby S deck until I graduate.

I'd record some on chromium dioxide (better dynamic range, less noise) for any of you cocksuckers that were actually involved in the making of this master piece. Unfortunately chromium. is a bit expensive to just mail to anyone.

hahaha holy shit im gonna piss my pants
ill start making the cassette covers etc right now on a template and everything

I also got school shit to do lately, like a lot of it
we'll talk more about it in the email, like who made the work, who paid 7 fucking dollars for it, who asked for the release (ferric) or whatever y'know

Wow this sucks

lmao k

YOU A REAL ONE

thanks a lot for doin this!

literally

this will take some time though, so be patient pls

yep no problem. Love tape as a medium, super cool stuff.

Yeah it showed up on my rym and I thought it was just a meme but it sounds damn good. The harsh noise section isn't my fav but the rest is just some good plunderphonics.

It's got like an Avalanches fucked with Kanye fucked with Kid Koala fucked with DJ Shadow vibe fucked with clipping vibe to it.

>Avalanches fucked with Kanye fucked with Kid Koala fucked with DJ Shadow vibe fucked with clipping vibe

damn

Honestly, it feels like a Have A Nice Life album if they cannibalized TLOP.

Dark, brooding, ambientlike work, embracing distortion, with themes of isolation and selfdestructive urges.

I like it buddy

so descriptive

It's like Andrei Tarkovsky directed an album in which he conceived of the idea by hearing faint voices from Kanye in his head from the future

haha bruh

fucking lmao

Bootleg vinyl is a thing, you know

definitely with the drums
>comparing it to a fucking tarkovsky film
alright its good but for christ sake tarkovsky was one of the greatest director that ever lived, careful with the hype

lmao yeah i thought this was good but christ tarkovsky is a god. i guess you're comparing it not in quality level but in style, with feeling trumping coherency

Put the purple cover back fagtron

it costs lots of money, you know
cassette is waaaaay cheaper

It's like plugging a headphone jack into a Caravaggio painting and listening to its meaning

>fagtron
wow, okay
maybe we can have the purple cover on like a few of the tapes and have a raffle of some sort to see who gets em

i gotta talk to the guy who'll be handling them

maybe we could let people just specify which one they want I guess

or that, I just thought maybe keeping the original one as underground as possible would make sense, since we dont want it everywhere

How many people made this

13-ish, iirc

Wow. It sounds really good.

here's the credits page for reference

let me count what we know/non anonymous

Tau-9
Nimnohi
Riceball Jones
Ultima
Install A Friend
BPhax
PeePeeStorm
Human12
Pacha
Weird Drum Patterns
Choof
Kami Sutra

now for (identified) album art:

King Death
Vinn
セラsera
Foxconn
(and Tau-9 obviously, but I'm not counting twice when I give the number)

so thats a total of 16 people so far, not counting all the things that stayed anonymous

im still waiting to see what the first media outlet to pick up on this will be, its gotten too high ranking (at least on rym) and far reaching to not be at least mentioned

My good tape-deck LITERALLY just died. It's whining like a mf, think the belt is gone. Whatever I can buy a new one within the week.

For now I'm doing a little trial on my 4 track. I won't lie, it's some pretty lo-fi sounding shit but it's actually totally listenable. If I was recording with my actual tape deck it would be nearly indiscernible from a disc save for the noise sections.

dude rip lmao, hope u can get things sorted out with this soon

I can make this happen within a month no problem. Just hope the record labels all you fuckers plagiarized don't come after me

ah shit, that's awful,but desu lofi works as well, gives it a special character. any physical release is appreciated

lmao u right. really the only samples that I remember hearing were just samples from either the kanye songs, or songs that kanye sampled himself

literally the only serious album on the list

funk

btw wouldnt it sound better off the bandcamp download and not the YouTube video?

yeah just DONT SELL it, and youll be fine

I still get spooked lol. Deleted the image for now because I think one of my roomates lurks and you could totally see my boots.

Don't need my social life to be ruined by word of mouth saying I'm making bootleg copies of a Cambodian weaving forum's vapourwave yeezy mixtape lmao

absolutely. for the real deal I'll record off of FLAC and actually try to get the levels right. I'm just trying to see if the noise sections will even be tolerable right now, the tape I have in the machine isn't even long enough for the whole thing.

I'll probably just mail them anonymously to those who want them. Maybe put a couple copies on the seats of city buses or some other silly shit. No intent on selling other peoples (your guys-es) work

>he doesn't know about the zomba version
>he doesn't know about the gimix mix

bruh yeah this is great, just dont sell the shit and you'll be fine

>put a couple copies on the seats of city buses
LMAO

this shit lit

lol I live on a college campus, i'll buy in bulk and leave em all around campus haha

this is the beginning of some real shit right here

what we can do is like be really edgy and not put ANY credits on the cassette cover, but put the link to the bandcamp and let ppl have to look up what the hell it is they found

yeah I was thinking about that, in a selfish way I want all our info on there for noteriety, but I think it's indeed more striking to just have artist names, tdop badncamp and twitter

yeah or literally ONLY put the bandcamp twitter etc, that way its like a mission for people to find out what the cassette is all about

I'll consider leaving them around campus and what not but part of me thinks it would be best in moderation so that the people who find them would be the lucky few. Definitely leaving one on a shitter in Tim Horton's tho.

About pic related, the noise sections are definitely a bit harsh.
For the real thing I'll be using
>A disgustingly good preamp
>FLAC source
>An actual tape deck
>Dolby B

And it should be totally listenable

hell, when you look up the death of pablo, the first result is the bandcamp page, why not just not put anything at all except the title?

nice! do you think you could upload a section of that to soundcloud of clyp or something so we can hear the quality for reference?

And it was never repressed because the samples couldn't clear
Late Night Delight and every other dime-a-dozen Bandcamp vaporwave release gets put out on cassette because it's cheap/fast and because nobody from MJ's fucking record label is paying enough attention to stop them

I want at least the bandcamp so ppl can look it up

If you send the demo, send it to me, and I can upload it to the official SoundCloud to get the 200+ followers and 20k listeners hyped up

This. Just put on the cover. The only information I was planning on adding is penning in the recording number on the inside booklet for collection purposes, so people can look back in a few years and say "hey I have tape number 6" or whatever.

Sure I can late tonight. Have to do some not autistic shit for now.

shit, I have a tape deck, if someone makes a cover template I might copy some and spread them around in places. is this 4d shilling/viral marketing?

email it [email protected] and ill put a snippet on the SoundCloudddddd

im going to sleep for now, so tomorrow Ill get it in the email

kanye's acknowledgement is the goal

I'm planning on actually making good recordings over the next couple weeks and just mailing them to people on mu. Going to email OP man tonight and we can decide on what colour of cassette and whatnot. But yeah I'll make a few shitty copies to shill around the city

i can make a j card in photoshop if you want

some edgy shit like this on a few of them

yeah sure, that could be like the rarer cover or something

exactly, you get ittttt

WAVY

I'm gonna have to go to staples or somewhere on campus to get these printed and I'm going to get the weirdest fucking looks. God damn.

hahahahah literally omg imma make at least 4 different covers for now, then sleep

ill let you know when I sign off, so you can start emailing me