youtube.com/watch?v=GnqAuRHgIsg
youtube.com/watch?v=IxxstCcJlsc
youtube.com/watch?v=Dm9BqY30v9M
youtube.com/watch?v=qRJejXo8AFs
soundcloud.com/terrorhythm/skuls-404
soundcloud.com/skrillex/skrillex-puppy
soundcloud.com/parkinson_white/power
soundcloud.com/trekkie-trax/glacci-deon-custom-zaffre-nest-hq-premiere
soundcloud.com/recordrecordparis/madeaux-dzz-all-i-see-available-soon-on-filet-mignon-4?in=dzzmusic/sets/singles
soundcloud.com/smbls/sweater-beats-vindata-where-you-are-ft-bella-hunter
soundcloud.com/skrillex/love-in-motion-ft-mayer
soundcloud.com/owslaofficial/mija-vindata-better
youtube.com/watch?v=tkjDI_9sSz0
youtube.com/watch?v=T2Chnev4klI
soundcloud.com/zomboy/like-a-bitch-extended-mix?in=zomboy/sets/neon-grave
youtube.com/watch?v=ykIA2ddd8Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=DEhmUaFOhhE
youtube.com/watch?v=zKWxwZEpcFc
youtube.com/watch?v=gvx5QM8nrZA
youtube.com/watch?v=vXhmyyXFd5I
youtube.com/watch?v=2ejJhr8UjMU
youtube.com/watch?v=-xQSVIS_coQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vh5b-VM4v0U
youtube.com/watch?v=3x3QEM3uVYs
youtube.com/watch?v=oZkzcm7ubQg
youtube.com/watch?v=hSGdDGPcBwY
youtube.com/watch?v=138AnFonZMg
youtube.com/watch?v=bE47er6qnqg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZzEK5Z9ALU8
youtube.com/watch?v=c8AC0MrphM4
youtube.com/watch?v=1lSYfi3s5Kg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

last time there was an EDM general it hit page 10 without getting a single reply

time for that to change boys

Post bangers

listening to this as i came across this thread

wow forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=2AM6QgstHRA

youtube.com/watch?v=p2cDjhA8sP4

don't you fags know about bleep

youtube.com/watch?v=8bCkadgRskA

OWSLA is putting out some real futuristic stuff right
very innovative

/bleep/ doesn't listen to this stuff at all. they only listen to 13 minute minimal-dub-lo-fi-techno tracks
it's a very different scene from this one

daily reminder the best jauz song will always be rock that party. ive been to 3 different live sets where this was dropped and it was crazy

youtube.com/watch?v=1TeKE9QdvlM

bleep is for underground shit. EDM is mainstream electronic music

funny thing thats my least favorite joyryde song. this my fave. but yeah OWSLA is slowly starting to get better ever since they signed on a bunch of shitty artists 2 years back
youtube.com/watch?v=EJcshA4J82I

Hahahahahaha edm hahaagahahahaba

that's a good one
but i do like hot drum because it uses different more melodic slightly "deeper" styles with cool sampling that you don't normally here in edm.

like the style of beat is something i've never heard in edm before. very shuffly and groovy.

i get what you mean, when i want to listen to deep stuff like deep house, i throw on mercer, drezo, tchami, etc. i like joyrydes fast paced songs, like "the box"

Porter Robinson is Good and Owsla is a good record label

Lls

porter is great and OWSLA is the best edm record label imo, though disciple/never say die are close seconds

Lol u have rly bad taste

wrong

Lol

soundcloud.com/lucalush/drop-top

mmmm

youtube.com/watch?v=x4plUKqJnuA

One thing I like about Shackleton is how he avoids 4 to the floor drum patterns and uses sub bass to create these peerlessly hyponotic dancefloor moments

Edms gay lls

This is just /bleep/ for unsophisticated ppl

This is now an old skool edm thread

youtube.com/watch?v=GnqAuRHgIsg

dubs confirm

youtube.com/watch?v=IxxstCcJlsc
mad tunes
youtube.com/watch?v=Dm9BqY30v9M
youtube.com/watch?v=qRJejXo8AFs

god this shit is so faggy

POSTING

BANGERS

soundcloud.com/terrorhythm/skuls-404

soundcloud.com/skrillex/skrillex-puppy

soundcloud.com/parkinson_white/power

soundcloud.com/trekkie-trax/glacci-deon-custom-zaffre-nest-hq-premiere

its /bleep/ for people with good taste*

BTSM is great

>puppy
damn why did he never release that

wtf is this boring shit

this is some gay euro synth trash

>white/power
hmm

is that Kitty?

do people actually like this

disgusting

learn some actual taste in dance music, idiots, not 'EEDEE-EM"

Yo , I popped some SICK mollies at the David Guetta Concert?
Of hell yeah bro I went to see major lazer
gimme a bump of that coke

like what buddy?

ffs this is the exact same shit that the uk was doing over 20 years ago. everything down to the sped up garage house rhythms, the ragga vocal samples, the use of sub-bass.

MORE

BANGERS

soundcloud.com/recordrecordparis/madeaux-dzz-all-i-see-available-soon-on-filet-mignon-4?in=dzzmusic/sets/singles

soundcloud.com/smbls/sweater-beats-vindata-where-you-are-ft-bella-hunter

soundcloud.com/skrillex/love-in-motion-ft-mayer

soundcloud.com/owslaofficial/mija-vindata-better

You'd think /bleep/ would be happy there is an /edm/ thread to keep them out their shitty Yuropoor circlejerk

except with quality modern sound design, mixing, and influences. it is not a rehash of something old if it is doing it differently (and better)

this

this
that track sounds 100000x better than any of the old "garage" dogshit that /bleep/ likes

i dont even think /bleep/ likes that music, they just pretend to because it makes them "sophisticated" and "hipster". they probably like what we like but dont want to associate themselves with rave culture so they force the shit taste they have now

they're closet monstercat fans who are too scared of losing their prescious hipster cred to listen to anything other than shitty cassette tape recorded drum loops from 2005 on repeat

>tfw i hate monstercat but would rather listen to them for the rest of my life than everything thats ever been posted on /bleep/

at least we can keep these /edm/ generals open now that we have people posting. last time i tried i got nothing

We'll slowly convert the board don't worry.
And as for /bleep/, I say we try to drive them out of here. Nobody likes them and they shitpost more than they post their shitty "music".

i doubt we can convert the board to like our music. at best we can keep this general up for long enough to where it becomes the norm. i mean for fucks sake we have grimes, kpop, deathgrips, and metal generals hitting the bump limit after 2 fucking hours. edm is better and yet theres nothing

Post the most epic drop you can think of

lls

just keep posting in other threads and spreading the message and sound of edm like porter and stuff
people will like it once they've become accustomed to it and ignored their preconceived notion of what edm is

and personally, i'm going to make it my mission to post an actual good track into /bleep/ every now and again just to show them what they're missing. it's genius because it's so low effort. just copy a couple links and post it. i don't even give a fuck about their replies. but repetition over time helps convert the masses. it's how stupid memes and shitposts on Sup Forums have become accepted as truth or the general consensus through sheer exposure. now we use this to our advantage and do some good with that tactic!!

/bleep/ has been going since 2012, good luck with that

I don't think you understand /bleep/ lad...

youtube.com/watch?v=tkjDI_9sSz0

this drop is a blinder

youtube.com/watch?v=T2Chnev4klI

ive been spamming porter in every thread related to electronic music for the past 4 months, and ive had good conversations with people that i would like to have in here. there are some people with good taste in this board, i know it

And I think they're more hated now than ever
And from the limited time I've lurked in there out of curiosity over the years, they're much more toxic now too
Plus 2012 was when dubstep was only 2 years old and was still mainstream, but EDM hadn't really become accepted and had only just been properly created yet. It's a different world now.

Funny part is everyone in 2010 was worried Sup Forums would turn into EDM central when Joel did his sticky here, turns out though all the cucked white boy rap fans appeared and killed the board because Kane got a 10 from p4k

is joel /ourguy/?

this is just cheesy 80s music. it's not terrible, certainly more interesting that most /bleep/ garbage, but you can't really turn up to it and it's too repetitive.

most EDM producers don't understand "restraint" and make all this over the top obnoxious shit.
>HUGE bass
>MASSIVE drop

>stop what youre doing and post what youre listening to

soundcloud.com/zomboy/like-a-bitch-extended-mix?in=zomboy/sets/neon-grave

yeah, dude
i've seen you a fair bit, in fact i didn't actually fuck with porter as much until i saw some of your posts (this was before porter and madeon's vid btw)

it's our duty to spread the gospel of edm and convert the unwashed, heathen masses

i might do the same with joyryde since i really think he's gonna get HUGE this year
he's so fucking innovative

the point of it being long and repetitive is to zone out and dance...

yeah ive been doing it so much that anons recognize me purely by what i post and they call me "porterposter". funny shit because ive never namefagged before

but yeah keep spreading it around. no reason why /edm/ shouldnt become a normal thing. its a general about a music genre after all

>porter robinson
>madeon
>2012 was when dubstep was only 2 years old

Lls
this is shit i listened to when i was still in high school

fuuuuuuuuuuuck

ive been listening to EDM also since i was in high school and i realized how much better it is than everything ive listened to before that so i stuck with it

>Plus 2012 was when dubstep was only 2 years

what the fuck am i reading

those are the only two good tracks itt lad

you dont get what edm is about senpai. edm is as in your face as possible while maintaining pop sensibilities.

here is what i wish i meant when i said as in your face as possible:
youtube.com/watch?v=ykIA2ddd8Bo

honestly, who cares what people call you
it could become quite endeering
way better than the hordes of people spamming kanye or young thug all day long

/edm/ should be a regular thing. whereas /bleep/ is a containment general for their horrible taste and shitty memes and shitposting, /edm/ should be a sanctuary for edm posting. i think we should encourage the dissemination of edm throughout Sup Forums, but we should always be able to return here to our home base of pure, interuppted edm tracks and discussion.

no it means u are listening to music for 16-year-olds lol

o fuk

ehhhhh

and judging by your grammar from all your posts so far i can tell youre still 16 years old

yeah it would be cool to see /edm/ be a regular thing. gives me an excuse to talk about porter robinson with people

EDM = prog house

I don't see why you think /edm/ shouldn't happen or take off.

There are multiple fucking awful memerap, trap and other bollocks musicians starting with "Lil" threads all the time here, EDM is no worse.

Who here likes Skrillex's earlier songs? I like some of his newer tracks but his older sound is vastly superior.

youtube.com/watch?v=DEhmUaFOhhE

youtube.com/watch?v=zKWxwZEpcFc

youtube.com/watch?v=gvx5QM8nrZA

youtube.com/watch?v=vXhmyyXFd5I

EDM is much worse actually

please point out my grammatical errors lol
porter robinson is music for tweens

Can anyone ITT point me to some music similar to this? This shit is fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ejJhr8UjMU

ah, i remember freshman year

Porter Robinson is objectively no worse than Lil Uzi Vert

one legendary drop rite here :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=-xQSVIS_coQ

yeah but it should be that those dissapear and edm, not more shit music coming in to join them.

tho i guess it could get more entry level shitters in here and then theyll probably start going through Sup Forumscore and developing their taste, so perhaps it would be good for Sup Forums as a whole, but certainly not the quality of Sup Forums

of course i talk like an elitist rick but i only care because they flood the board.

yeah agreed they're about on the same level
lil uzi vert is less cheesy though

What can I deal you for

youtube.com/watch?v=Vh5b-VM4v0U
youtube.com/watch?v=3x3QEM3uVYs
youtube.com/watch?v=oZkzcm7ubQg
youtube.com/watch?v=hSGdDGPcBwY
youtube.com/watch?v=138AnFonZMg
youtube.com/watch?v=bE47er6qnqg

these plebs just don't know

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzEK5Z9ALU8

so is this /edm/ or not? what do you guys think?

I'm as baffled as you. Skrillex's sound just seems to get cheaper every year

People don't appreciate that this whole genre took off because people were so enamoured with this sound

damn 2013 was a good year for EDM

nice

>porter robinson is music for tweens
porter is music for people with good taste

old skrillex is pretty good desu

Didn't Porter Robinson shill his garbage here? I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the anons spamming that shit.

you have rly cheesy taste lol

porter robinson is EDM for people who haven't listened to much EDM

I remember being able to hear a Skrillex track for the first time and immediately being able to point out that it's him.

>porter
>garbage
no

>porter
>shilling worlds
he livestreamed on twitch the night he released the album and Sup Forums was nowhere to be found

tell me what EDM you like then

/bleep/

no drop

please enlighten us
i'm open to new suggestions

when u gonna stop suckin porter's d*ck?? loool

why did you censor dick? how fucking old are you?

this is some rap /bleep/ hybrid garbage

i'm 16

Porter Robinson is Good and Owsla is a good record label

Daft Punk and Justice are elder god-tier EDM

youtube.com/watch?v=c8AC0MrphM4

post tunes

Sup Forums is 18+

youtube.com/watch?v=1lSYfi3s5Kg

best edm song desu

18+ board kiddo. that explains your shit taste

They essentially created EDM and simaltaneously helped to become popular in the mainstream and with rock and rap and indie fans, so yeah.

Like they laid the groundwork in the early mid 2000s and then EDM really flourished at the start of the new decade with dubstep.

It's interesting how there was sort of a delayed reaction.