Tfw going to my first concert alone

tfw going to my first concert alone

what was your first concert like Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CmQhE-GhCuk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Titus andronicus, small basement venue
Was dope

I also went alone for my first concert. I wouldn't feel too bad about it. The way I always saw it was that I was there for the act and take it all in rather than just ignoring the show and mingling with my friends like it's a club or something.

I've seen three concerts alone: Smashing Pumpkins, Sufjan, and Mark Kozelek

it was swans, this drunk guy was really weird and invasive and a guy was dancing like crazy in front of me

streetlight manifesto. went with a friend but he was boring and didn't go in the pit with me. great pit by the way. I go to most shows alone now

My first concert was seeing Bob Mould, my favourite musician, a few months ago.

I was anxious about looking pathetic being on my own. When I actually got there and the music started, I didn't care. It's important to remember that nobody else there actually gives a shit.

Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden with my divorced parents. Didn't end well.

otomo yoshihide show a few days back in yokohama with my japanese girlfriend

Went to see American football yesterday. Nice venue. Polite crowd. Nice opening band and a half mediocre but entertaining one before they performed. Adrenaline rush when they played honestly made it worth it alone.

Seemed common for people to go alone and wear earplugs

I went to a live Wiggles performance with my dad when I was two. I don't remember it at all but apparently I enjoyed it, also gave a rose to a dinosaur so there's that

My first concert was Weird Al when i was 10

some shit dubstep concert with a friend. was fun except the music was terrible. after my first few concerts I started mostly just going alone. going alone is totally fine.

Saw Sonata Arctica with an ex. I loved it. She did not. Hence "ex".

Also, I love going to concerts alone. I don't like having to look over every ten seconds to make sure whichever normie friend I brought is enjoying Sunn O))) as much as I am.

>go to Animal Collective concert alone
>was dared to by my bandmates in my post-anachronistic pre-metallica moancore harsh industrial noise band
>sit in seat
>Avey is inhaling magic mushrooms while smacking a keytar
>Geologist is 120ft under the stage, as he has dug a giant hole
>Panda Bear is just sort of sitting there
>Deakin is somewhere. I can't see him but he's there.
>Sit down in seat
.>Try and blend in with crowd
>Hope to God no one notices as I sip Ribena
>But someone notices
>"HEY! THIS ABSOLUTE FAGGOT IS BY HIMSELF!" they shout
>Crowd surrounds me and starts pelting me with food
>They wrench my seat from its hinges and throw me up onto the stage
>Pelting continues
>Someone gets a large, green costume of the state of Florida
>They force me into it
>Its too small for me and my air supply is being limited
>Geologist leaps up from his hole and begins shining his headlamp at me
>I'm now blind
>Crowd begins signing the chorus to Floridada and forces me to dance to it
>Tears are streaming down my face
>I fall to the ground, making pathetic writhing motions in a failed attempt to dance
>Panda Bear suddenly falls off his chair, gets on all fours and gives out a guttural shriek
>He animorphs into an actual panda and starts walking towards me, sniffing the ground.
>Panda Bear whispers into my ear "Are you also frightened?"
>Holding back waves of tears, I respond "Yes"
>He projectile vomits liquid LSD into my mouth and starts eating my face off
>Crowds singing gets louder and more distorted as the mix of LSD and bile starts to kick in
>Avey has now become an actual mushroom and is releasing his spores over me, causing poison to rapidly enter my bloodstream
>Geologist is stabbing me with his pickaxe
>Deakin walks out from the back of the stage and shouts "Hey! You! You're gay!" then walks away
>mfw I Accept my fate as Panda Bear starts Painting With my blood

Literally nobody cares or will even notice you are alone.

Have a good time OP

Sounds like an amazing time desu

Going alone is better unless the person you're going with is a huge fan of the band you're going to see. Otherwise it's honestly kind of awkward.

The only benefit is you don't feel like a loser when you see most of the other people there with either a friend or their girlfriend. But aside from that the experience itself is superior alone.

saw NMH two years ago (?) (not sure exactly, whenever they played at merriweather post pavilion)

was alone, didn't care, great show. being alone literally doesn't matter. just don't be sober. then ur rly lame

Going to concerts alone is amazing. Most recently I saw Weyes Blood. Probably the goofiest concert I've ever been to.

is going to concerts alone frowned upon? its pretty hard finding people with similar music tastes desu

It depends on who you ask

Most girls will be like "omg you go to concerts ALONE? why? I've NEVER been to a concert alone!"

>Pumpkins

nice

who was in the band?

Saw Alvvays alone last year. It was amazing. Molly looked at me

This triggers me you lucky bastard

first concert was Brand New, pretty sick show, huge crowd.

Going to concerts alone ain't too bad. I've met some sick people at shows I've gone to alone.

>Buckethead
>12 years old
>Went with older sister bc mom wouldn't let me go alone
>Short af, couldn't really see
>Was hype af to see buckethead though
>goodmemories.jpg

saw iron maiden at a big open air place

smoked a lot of weed on the lawn seating area, also smoked a lot in the parking lot before and after. This was back when I was a big pothead lol.

I'm going to see Alcest in a bar near my dorm. It's going to be my first concert I've ever been. And, honestly, the thing I'm most worried about is walking home. I've already been mugged near there once.

blink-182 at Summerfest by myself. It was alright.

I dont mind going to shows alone. Depending on the event it can be more of a burden to have friends in tow.

>you want to get to the venue early but your friends keep stalling
>smoke breaks take 4x longer cause your friends take forever passing a joint around
>takes longer to get through the crowd
>spend half your time trying to find friends that got separated in the crowd
>spend shitloads of time waiting for that one friend to get ready to make the next move
>everything takes forever
>you want to check out another stage but friends want to stay at crap stage
>you want to hang at the back of the crowd but your friends want to be right upfront

I prefer to go on my own and just hang with random people.

Weird Al Yankovich at the State Fair when I was 7. Shit was cash.

First concert was Pearl Jam in 1992. I had to hop the fence as I was too young to get in. My idiot friend threw a shoe at Eddie Vedder and they walked offstage after 5 songs.

I usually end up meeting a girl and hanging out with her when going to a concert alone they notice you aren't with anybody and just magically appear beside you all of a sudden and want to talk.

Julia holter, at a church venue, went after my 4th day of college, went alone since gf was at uni and my friends don't really appreciate or have money for music, had a good time, and she played well, meet people that go to my community college and had good social interactions with. Honestly there's nothing wrong with going to a show alone if you're not socially retarded or insecure.

yeah if you aren't good looking this will probably never happen

>anco with friend
>waiting for the aminals to arrive
>start talking about shitty venues in the area
>friend yells
>"DUDE MERRIWEATHER FUCKING SUCKS ITS THE WORST"
>everybody turns and gives us dirty looks
>spagett on floor

and that was my first concert

This, although I consider myself quite handsome, but I have a resting bitch face. :^)

Also I would imagine venue/show type would have something to do with it too. Most of the shows I go to fit 1-3K people. Lots of people, it's loud (even between performers), everyone is packed in there, etc. Only time I've really noticed strangers start talking to each other is guys sometimes start talking to girls.

Test

Going to shows alone is honestly a lot of fun. You can do crazy shit that you can't with a group. Last time I went to a show alone I sneaked into the venue early to see Animal Collective and got a spot right at the front right when they let the rest of the crowd in. Shit was dope.

First concert I saw was U2 on the 360 tour. I was 15, judge me, whatever.

Went to a few raves the first few concerts. Didn't really go to see a specific artist. So I'll talk about my first concert I went to to see a specific artist high on acid.
>Kanye West Saint Pablo Tour in Oakland California. Saturday October 22nd
>been listening to TLOP since it came out on Valentines day
>hyped as fuck even tho I went solo
>take some acid and got some top shelf sativa from cannabis dispensery
>drive to Oakland
>had to take a piss so I went to some ghetto industrial area and pissed in some corner Cuz I couldn't find a bathroom
>walk to Oracle arena where the Warriors play
>didn't realize I'm walking around with my zipper and belt undone because forgot to put it back on and I'm high as fuck
>feel cool Cuz I'm walking past the long lines and into the lower area {I had general admission ticket}
>reminder I'm blasted off the best sativa you can buy and the acid is really kicking in
>paranoid when going thru security
>literally shaking when I show my ID
>go into general admission area
>walk around like I'm in fucking wonderland. Amazed by the setup
>hear someone from the seats yell
>YO ARE YOU ON ACID BRO
>pretend I didn't hear keep walking around
>cont

First Concert was Styx in 1975. My mother took me to see them because I asked her to. I enjoyed the show immensely.

Holy fuck dude, I was there

Damn, I wish I was you.

>Molly looked at me
you've been blessed
>if you're not socially retarded or insecure
where do u think u r
don't get my hopes up user...

Went to an AC/DC concert with my dad when I was twelve.

who are you seeing?
I've never been to a concert either, but I want to start
I'm thinking of seeing New Order in April, most likely alone (tfw no friends)
I'm a brokeboi but I shouldn't pass this up, should I? They're a seminal band, and they're getting pretty old

that's because they don't want to end up getting raped or murdered tho

My first concert was Massive Attack.
It was awesome.

I have only went to one concert my whole life and it was like in 5th grade and it was weezer, and the opening act was dashboard confessionals and sparta. and i swapped tickets with some girl who was scared of being in the mosh pit.....at a weezer concert. and i got to go to the very front and lose my hearing.

Went to my first real concert that wasn't just a festival during my 21st. It was Mustard Plug in their hometown Grand Rapids during their Christmas show on my birthday. It was probably one of the most fun concerts I've ever been to.

My friend kept making me drink whisky out of a bottle she kept in her enormous boobs. 10/10 would skank while drinking boob whisky again.

It's more because many girls cannot fathom doing something by themselves. Socially they tend to be much needier

Mine was an underground rapper at a small club, it was a good time

motley crue with mom

Saw AnCo alone last March

Was p gud

I was like 8 and stood next to a fat guy wearing a bra the entire time. That's all I can remember of it.

>tfw never been to a concert

Frank Turner/Flogging Molly

I just watched and enjoyed the music and didnt really do much. Pretty sure I did it wrong

same here.

I didn't get into/get passionate about good music until I was 18 or so and I've never had more than 1 or two friends, and none of them ever really had the close to the same taste in music that I do.

I was trying to go see Tool in Charlotte last year but it didn't work out. I assume they'll tour again at some point and if they do I'm definitely gonna try and go.

Is your mom still fat these days?

The Very best That only whites can create.

youtube.com/watch?v=CmQhE-GhCuk

Niggers and Niggers cannot creat Bach or something like this.

70 IQ Nigger

This.
And in my experience, if you look sad it's even better.

My mom took me to a free James Brown show when I was very little, I don't remember it but apparently I cried and pissed off everybody.

The first show I went to see by myself was Pavement during their reunion tour when I was 17. I traveled 800km to go to Paris and I've walked all day in the city while smoking hash.
After the concert I've briefly met my philosophy teacher and her bf. We talked about Ariel Pink and one of their friends discovered through me that he was influenced by R. Stevie Moore. Just one year later he came to play in my town and gave me a pat on the back. Those were good times.

Maybe there is a bigger point to that statement, a point we can all understand...

Niggers all of You -)

I will see myself out.

relax Hillary supporters.

wew is she a fan too?

first gig alone was great, saw Om.

depends on who you see. If you find it hard to find humans with similar music taste then chances are that most other people at the gig probably showed up on their own.

/moo/
no one here is at least age 21 and up

I saw The Cure on the Disintegration tour

wow user are you me

I just got a job recently, and now all of a sudden there are a million different concerts I want to go to, even if I have to go alone

have fun getting kicked out

Incubus one month after 9/11
I remember it taking forever just to get in because there were a lot more extra precautions involved. It was good. Almost all of make yourself was played with some science. Tight as hell. Probably still one of the best shows of my life.

Good for you (not sarcasm)
But you're not embarrassed being on anonymous image with teenagers and young adults. I feel that with age people tend to not apply themshelves to social media and such. I get that it's late and it's some people's weekends. But I rather be doing something else than talking to strangers on a image board as a 21+ adult.

unfortunately I'm not in much of a position at the moment to do something like go to a concert (alone or with someone)

But I'm for sure gonna try to go see something before my inevitable suicide

Top picks would be something like AnCo, Tool, or The Cure. I would have said The Mars Volta a few years ago but it looks like that might never be possible again. But At the Drive In is back in action so who knows

nice

why not? Is it financial trouble or emotional/mental issues? (I'm assuming the latter)
AnCo is a top pick for me too, although they'd probably be playing mostly Painting With
>tfw I will never see them play For Reverend Green or Banshee Beat live
at least they've been doing Alvin Row

I flew to Korea to attend my first concert and I was alone. It was all right.

Little bit of everything. I've had zero motivation for everything in my life ever since like ~2008. Therefore I have no money, goals, hopes, or anything productive whatsoever. The last 5 or so years I've pretty much only left the house every 3 weeks for a haircut.

The only person I've kept in contact with from school I don't talk to all that often and when we do it's pretty brief. But if Tool does tour again and they come to Charlotte I'm fairly certain he would want to go see them too.

If I were ever able to go see AnCo I'm pretty certain it would be just me. And yeah I would absolutely prefer them to play non Painting With stuff. I'm holding out hope that their next album will take a turn for the better. Maybe Deak can rejoin them and spread some of that sweet Sleep Cycle butter on the burnt toast that is their recent work.

Ideally their next project would be something stripped down, comparable to Campfire Songs. OR maybe a sort of Strawberry Jam & Here Come the Indian hybrid

I'm struggling with motivation, direction, and social interaction too. As trite as it may be, I hope things get better for you, it's never too late :-)

At least you have music! And even posting on a Brazilian rock-collecting forum is a form of socializing. I'm sure you have it in you to go to a concert, and I hope you get to see AnCo/Tool/The Cure one day. God, that was sappy.

And agreed that AnCo's next project should be more stripped down, it seems only natural after CHz and PW, and considering Deakin and Sleep Cycle. I believe they still have at least one more "great" album inside them, although maybe their hype/reputation and the landscape of indie music have changed too much in the past decade. Even if they don't, they've still had a great run and they're still doing what they love, which is great

yeah, hope everything works out for you too.

Avey had said about Painting With: (from the PW Wikipedia page) Portner commented: "Everything seems drenched in reverb these days, and is so distant. In a way, it was a reaction to that."

It seems to me they didn't like the way their & their peers' styles were going so they wanted something much more tight and straightforward. Hopefully they can get together and crank out something truly great again.

And yeah like you said; they've made some spectacular music in the past, and as long as they're happy with what they're doing it's for the best

this is the best pasta ive read all week

I've never gone to a concert with anyone else because I have no friends.

Everyone was 12 and scared of going to concerts alone once. Eventually you grow up and realise that nobody gives a solitary fuck if they see someone by themselves. I honestly prefer going to shows by myself now. I literally don't think I could bring myself to mosh, jump around and shout without a care if I was with friends.

This actually happened to me, I squandered it by not asking for her number before we went back in when the band started

i lost it when you sat down in seat twice

i regularly go to gigs alone. went to see black sabbath last week, got really high and had a stiff neck the next days from all the headbanging. I love going alone because I fucking love the freedom you have, no one knows you so you can just do whatever you like. going to a festival alone in june for the first time. every time i've been to festivals with other people I was really annoyed at one point. the worst was when I couldn't go see a band because my gf didn't want to stay alone in the tent. fuck that.

girls can't show up to a social event alone and not expect to be harassed tho, you can

how can you have no friends? i mean if you were a NEET you wouldn't go to concerts

ELO with my dad and uncle back when I was 14
Shit was cash