Sup Forums covers The Beatles

KEEP GOING BOYS

Other urls found in this thread:

hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/and-i-love-her-ive-just-seen-a-face-lucy-in-the-sky
vocaroo.com/i/s0I1PmUSemE9
vocaroo.com/i/s0k3gWNqMEVI
vocaroo.com/i/s1wmfQp0ciqc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

would you just release some songs so the hype doesn't totally die? compare this to death of pablo. you need to keep the shit going, build interest

where do i contribute a cover? what songs are available?

Everyone keeps saying this, maybe I should. I wanted to keep that element of surprise with all 50 songs but maybe you're right. People are taking too long.

That said, I'm more fussed about the final album being an enjoyable experience than I am about hype. This never had TDOP level hype anyway.

what songs are left? I got my mic

can I PLEASE do strawberry fields forever?

A Hard Day's Night
I Want To Hold Your Hand
I Feel Fine
I'll Follow The Sun
You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
Revolution
Back In The U.S.S.R
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Rocky Raccoon
Norwegian Wood

These for sure. Others were claimed a while ago but not delivered, in a minute I'm gonna compile a list of undelivered ones and issue a last warning to those making them before they are freed up again.

SFF has been submitted unfortunately, take anything else you want though

Pablo had people working on it longer and they pumped it out very quickly. 50 different people doing 50 different songs is a logistics nightmare, should have been 30 or less from the start.

I get where you're coming from with waiting so we have a nice album when it's all done but it doesn't have to be a 50 song album and we can always chop it up in 2, doing 25 or so after as volume 2, yeah ?

I just want something put out while this is still in the public mind

I have considered volumes, that could work. The idea was to have the track listing be chronological though, meaning the volumes would be split down the middle. Problem with that is there a bunch of songs still unfinished on both sides of that split. The solution would be to scrap the chronological thing if we want 2 volumes, I guess.

I feel like we can generate hype for this album anyway when we need to (i.e. closer to release). Simply by keeping threads bumped and avoiding periods of time where this is no thread up it will grab enough people's attention.

I've already done two songs for this, but I could do another, if necessary. I don't want the album to be oversaturated with the same artists though, since it would be way better to hear diverse styles.

I hope some new people jump in and create some tracks soon. Really looking forward to hearing the finished album.

alright then I might do I Wanna Hold Your Hand tomorrow, as it is late and I don't want to wake people up. Don't plan on making a "proper" cover, as I do not play guitar. It will prob be drum machine/synth/piano/vocals

Decided to publish 3 songs as an EP type preview, direct people to this if they ask to hear a preview of the album in the future

hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/and-i-love-her-ive-just-seen-a-face-lucy-in-the-sky

It's up to you man, feel free to contribute more. I understand if you would rather not though. 3 songs from one person would be acceptable I think.

That's fine, go for it. Remember to email it to [email protected]

good shit

bump

B u mp

this

good morning lads

>EP type preview
nice

You're not going to get this finished dude, there have been threads with as little as like 20 replies every day for two weeks and you've only got about half the songs done. It's the internet, people lose interest very quickly. Just release what you have while there are still people interested in hearing it.

I'd like to claim Norwegian Wood if just just guitar and vocals are required.

>there have been threads with as little as like 20 replies every day for two weeks
No way have threads been daily, more like every 3 or 4 days, and nor have there only been 20 replies at a time, the last one got 50 and was made after about a week's absence

I'm not really bothered about how much hype the album gets. I just want it to be a good album. If only the contributors and a dozen other people notice it and enjoy it, that's fine by me. Plus, I'm not gonna release what I have while people are still making songs, especially as some have given me a date by which they can do it over email. Wouldn't be fair

Yeah that's fine lad

Lucy is great

Why do you keep doing this? Just relax

digging whats been released so far

I've never posted in one of these threads before

OK, sorry. There's one dude in every thread who asks why the album isn't being released early.

Once the album is done, it isn't like it is going to 404 and be lost forever. It will always be around somewhere.

It makes sense to take the time to do a good job on it, rather than having it be 50 tracks of abrasive John "absolute madman" Lennon memes. It should be something enjoyable to listen to multiple times.

So any idea when the album is gonna be ready?

I did Let it Be yesterday but that's not from the White Album

I'll upload it if you want to listen, even though you probably have Let it Be

Well said

Hopefully some time next week. Got a few people who have promised tracks throughout this week, but if they don't deliver I'm freeing up songs. We're over halfway there, I'm gonna keep pushing and spamming this until we get down from now on, while making sure there is a level of quality control to submissions.

Yeah we already have Let It Be, although feel free to upload it, I'm sure we'd all like to hear it. Maybe you can cover another song?

I'm kinda busy studying but if someone needs guitar or bass for their track hit me up

why don't you just keep it for yourself. instead of having participated in the thead when let it be was available you offer it now?

vocaroo.com/i/s0I1PmUSemE9

Also I did it like 2 octaves lower. Plus I'm poor so the mic quality isn't all that

Any plans to make a cover album for a different artist after this one is completed?

someone proposed bowie, which I'm totally down with

lots of good material to cover and he's well liked here

Holy fuck yes, please this

OASIS
A
S
I
S

I'm being serious too, but I'm sure everyone would rather Radiohead

I think we should keep going until every Beatles song has been covered, besides all the cover songs they did. It could be awesome.

I'm fully behind Bowie too, such a diverse discography, would work a treat. Popular on this board too as you said

"no"

bump

fuck tdop

>fuck tdop
didn't participate but I found it kind of funny

they really have to up their shilling game tho otherwise it will be forgotten in 3 days

If I knew how to submit songs, I'd submit a cover of Lovely Rita

>email it to [email protected]
not sure if it has been done already tho

it wasn't listed on the original 50 song tracklist dong posted, and I think he's sticking to that 50 to prevent mayhem

since we need more songs anyway I think it's okay

IT'S NOT THE SIDE EFFECTS OF THE COCAINE

that lucy cover is interesting

Yeah it is, inspired by MPP the guy said

bubinga

sublime post

glad to see that people dig my Lucy cover (-:

bumping this

yo dong you need to figure something out to get people interested in this again

page 10 save rave

Loved the cover, man. Keep on rockin'.

Dong, next time you open a new thread include stuff like
>this and that song are still available
>we have so many songs so far
>here's the preview
>send stuff to this email

etc in the OP

Can i do while my guitar pls? I'll be done today i think. How're they supposed to be sent over?

I'm gonna try back in the USSR. will report back in a couple o days

you email it to [email protected]

Okay i'll make a new email tommorow and send it over.
It's finished now

>the absolute madman
>anthony banani
>god emperor trump
>moot
>kek
best sgt pepper's cover tribute

>hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/and-i-love-her-ive-just-seen-a-face-lucy-in-the-sky
Thank you for putting some of the stuff out there. Good to hear it.

I appreciate what you are doing.
I am getting long long long to you TONIGHT or not at all. Promise

Bumping because I liked the EP so much and more should check her out

Yeah the EP was great

will u doxx me if I send it with my work email?

Shit guys the EP is really solid. Great fuckin work boys.

yes

Is I wanna hold your hand still available? If so, I'll upload it now

It is available, yeah

Hey OP, I just sent you my go at Rocky Raccoon. It aint perfect but hey I tried.

vocaroo.com/i/s0k3gWNqMEVI

>singing poorly over the original instrumental
ain't how it works really lad

IT WAS TWENNY YEARS AGO TODEH

bump

I dunno if you've sent it yet, but I haven't received it

Thanks lad, 10000 hours in MS Paint

No worries man

I dunno what timezone you're in, I'm GMT here, but cool, I look forward to it man

Love it 2bh

Tbh I think Bob Dylan covers might be a bit more fun than Bowie covers.

Freeing up the following songs, they were claimed a while back but have not been delivered, with no word from the people who claimed them:

>Happiness Is A Warm Gun
>Penny Lane
>Eleanor Rigby
>Day Tripper

Possibly a couple more to follow

Maybe, but I imagine most people would just send in acoustic guitar covers. I feel like with the range of styles Bowie had, from hard rock to psych folk to plastic soul to ambient and so on, there's a lot more scope for interesting interpretations. Still, I'll put it to some kind of vote after this Beatles album is complete.

I just wanted to say good job for putting all of this together. It's gonna be great. Keep up the good work. Hopefully it will be finished in about a week. Thanks dude

quick question, can you do multiple songs or would you like to keep it to one per person?

No worries. I'm just the organiser, the real credit goes to the contributors. Thanks though

It has mostly been one per person but a few have done two, so feel free to do another if you have already done one. We're trying to have as many contributors as possible but multiple appearances here and there on a 50-song album won't hurt

How good does the audio quality have to be?

Good. Not audiophile level of course, but of an acceptable standard without background fuzz and all that. Check the songs in the EP for acceptable sound quality

just watched the original robocop, its terrible

anyway, bump

b u m p

Infact i haven't sent it since I just woke up.
Time zones eyy?

it's nice to have some sort a decent quality control going
Nobody wants to put in any work if half of the tracks are the musical equivalent of white noise

yeah I'm glad about this too

have any tracks been rejected yet Mr Dong?

Well, I'm gonna be singing the main vocals of I wanna hold your hand.

I hope its ok and that no one has already submitted it.

vocaroo.com/i/s1wmfQp0ciqc

Done.

Terrible. Well not terrible but... just not good.

not even him but that's just rude

atrocious

no

Why is that rude? Why put up some shit that sounds terrible? Why doesn't he just, you know, practice singing like everyone else?

But I'm sure your mommy told you that you can do anything.

>THIS PLEASE

OP can you please put a list of all submited songs so others can submit songs that are not included.

he has said which ones are available

A Hard Day's Night
I Want To Hold Your Hand
I Feel Fine
I'll Follow The Sun
You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
Revolution
Norwegian Wood
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Penny Lane
Eleanor Rigby
Day Tripper