Still the worst

Even Rio couldn't knock Atlanta off the shit perch. Will it ever be downstaged?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SBs455jwb8w
youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg
timeout.com/usa/blog/the-10-best-olympic-opening-ceremonies-ever-080116
m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1190554-the-top-10-opening-ceremonies-in-summer-olympic-history
youtube.com/watch?v=sbzNxFQbnkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What was so bad aboot the Atlanta Olympics other than the bombing?

yeah, when they put it in baltimore in the 2030s

What happened in Atlanta?

You'd need an even bigger terrosit attack on the athletes.

Atlanta was the worst Olympics of the modern era BY FAR, but too many children on this board don't remember it.

dull, boring, uninspired, and with a lot of mishaps but people don't remember that

Yep, ATL still a shit.

>such a great and proud American city
>niggers

Baltimore's actually a really nice sports town

The poor parts of the city are entirely separate from the centre

>mfw
at least the opening ceremonies were better then pic related..

The shit accommodation and venues, the cheap ceremonies (seriously, they barely measure up to Rio tier), the fact the whole thing was bankrolled by Coke as a vanity project.

Seriously, Coke paid for it to be in Atlanta because Coke.

Ask any oldfag, it was terrible. They reformed the whole Olympic process afterwards. Sydney is regarded as the greatest simply because Atlanta was so fucking bad just before it.

youtube.com/watch?v=SBs455jwb8w

Does Aboriginal land has ever hostage something ?

>Implying anyone on Sup Forums was born before Sydney 2000

I remember. It was really sux with Gloria Stephan singing .

Los Angeles 1984
Best days of my life, Millenial.

Though, unlike most Olympic cities, Atlanta profited from the Olympics. Fact check me on this.

I was 15 in '96, although I don't remember anything but the women's gymnastics. The Magnificent Seven and Kerri Strug moment were everything they're now remembered to be.

You are quite old. I was 8 .

Yep. '96 was all about those girls and Michael Johnson, who was basically what Bolt is now.

I'll be blunt.
If you didn't shed at least one manly tear at Ali lighting the Olympic Flame.
Kill Yourself.

pic related to topic , sorta

>42 years old
>still here

>Olympic Cup

>1989 — City of Seoul
>1992 — City of Barcelona
>2000 — City of Sydney
>2004 — People of Athens
>2008 — The citizens of Beijing
>2012 — The citizens of London
>2016 — People of Rio de Janeiro

>no award for Atlanta in '96
what did they mean by this?

And yet the accommodations (as dorms) and most o the venues are still used today unlike any other site, so they must not have been that shit.

Except your math is awful, my hue friend.

That was Salt Lake.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did make a profit though, Coke financed the whole thing as a way of promoting itself.

According to Wikipedia, the food for crowds and athletes was trash and there were appalling transport issues.

1996 — City of Baden-Baden

ha

I'm pretty sure you are very close to the forties tho.
Or you would be too young to remember anything in 1984.

They sold off the Sydney accommodations as exclusive housing, mate.

The Atlanta venues were already in use because most were college tier and substandard.

Only Athens had the problem with rundown former venues of the Olympics since anyway.

oh god I remember that neckbeard

What was he suposed to be?
A power plug?

you're still a 40 year old virgin neet

>Baden-Baden is a spa town, located in the state of Baden-Württemberg in southwestern Germany.

Germany > Atlanta

Close enough for civilian work

pic related

0/3 amigo

wanna try for double points?

maybe I could fill this out for you?

If nothing else, it was worth watching the Atlanta Olympics just for this.

Why does everyone pick niggers to run?
>Is it because they can carry a CRT and still run?

>What is it?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg

ITT: children who weren't alive in 1996 reaching for any reason to bash 'Murrica.

I was 16 in 1996. I remember those Olympics well. They were GOAT. Sorry, kids.

ceremonies are wank bullshit who cares.

Seconded. There were so many cuties then.

>being old enough to remember Atlanta

grandpas please go

I wasn't even born in this shit, who even cares?

Pretty sure she died in the bombing.

The opening ceremony included a pickup truck parade. I'm not joking. This was back when America was still nervous about shamelessly co-opting black creativity to avoid looking like uncultured rednecks and WASPs. The whole thing could have been saved with some breakdancers in Cross Colors, but nope.

They'll get it right next time.

You would have to be 30 years old to remember Atlanta. I'm 40 and i don't remember it.

>Atlanta was worse than Munich

I get it, it sucked. But are you niggas for real?

I just youtubed Atlanta 1996 Opening Ceremony
Looks GOAT so far. Let me watch

I remember Athens and i was like 13 or some shit.

Dude you walk like 3 blocks from the Inner Harbor and it's a literal ghetto

I'm 27 and I remember Atlanta 96.

How do you not remember something that happened when you were 20?

>That Olympic record with Donovan Bailey

Was awesome and Michael Johnson WR in 200m too.

Quality weed, my friend

Lots of partying, lots of friends, lots of hot bitches. Didn't start watching Opening Ceremonies until this year. Only one i remember people buzzing about was Beijing

The Romania girls with her refugee camp look where cute as hell too.

What the fuck happened at this Olympics?, there wasn't a single Romanian girl on the podium

>Lots of partying, lots of friends, lots of hot bitches
Where did it all go wrong?

BTFO of Brazil

Atlanta ranked #3 best of all time
timeout.com/usa/blog/the-10-best-olympic-opening-ceremonies-ever-080116

Fuck I remember thst bitch. We had to see her on the tv for years, and back then we didn't have no internets, tv was all we had

I was six and I remember Atlanta. Dominique Moceanu and Michael Johnson.

That list looks accurate. Though, high expectations for Tokyo 2020 to take over the #1 spot.

my family has a brick in centennial olympic park desu. I was 4 I don't remember shit.

I'm 27 and this is the first Olympics I remember. Izzy was the shit and I remember being fucking pissed about Cartoon Networks shit coverage and only playing the Izzy cartoon once.

lol shit this logo

I think my dad went because we always had tons of pins and badges and shit with this on it

I probably still have them somewhere, maybe they're worth something...

>Los Angeles 1984
A E S T H E T I C

>Citrus Altoid Fortuitous
What did they mean by this?

The only thing I remember about the Beijing OC was the pretty little girl who can't sing lipsyncing for the ugly little girl who could sing.

Atlanta ranked #4 best of all time
m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1190554-the-top-10-opening-ceremonies-in-summer-olympic-history

I'm not sure, that closing ceremony was so bad that I had to puke and shit at the same time to purge it.

The last good Olympics in the USA

I was a volunteer driver for VIPs during the Atlanta Olympics.

I drove some German Soccer official around most of the time. Though one day I got to drive Prince Albert II of Monaco. He said he wanted to have some fun with the locals. So I took him to the sorority houses at Georgia Tech(STEM university in Atlanta). The sorority girls hanging around for the summer semesters, were quite impressed with an actual european prince.

>the german wanted a car with a lot of legroom in the back. The 5 series supplied by BMW were not to his liking. So I had to drive him in an Oldsmobile Aurora.

I can't look at pics of sunny LA stadiums without thinking of the 94 WC.

MAKE
THE OLYMPICS
GREAT
AGAIN

>American websites trying to save face

I've come to the conclusion that the only people who liked Atlanta are Americans who feel defensive that it was their last Olympics and are trying to defend the indefensible.

Just wait for 2024 and put on an actually good games again.

>try to access the Atlanta opening ceremony
>BLOCKED BY COPYRIGHT WE'RE TOTAL FAGGOTS
>you can still watch Sochi whenever

BASED PUTIN.

It wasn't our last Olympics

>The shit accommodation

Atlanta's Olympic Village was GOAT

>Atlanta opening ceremony
youtube.com/watch?v=sbzNxFQbnkA

Obviously OP doesn't believe in the Power of the Dream!

Hnnng

the winter memelympics is barely on the same level and the bid was already decided when Atlanta happened

Atlanta is one reason why the Summer Olympics has stayed away from the USA for at least 28 years when the last time they were happy to return after 12.

Other than the bombing. Any negative comments about the Atlanta olympics, are fabrications of the IOC, and Yuropoors. They were butthurt about the sponsorship and city of atlanta competing against the IOC for money.

Rio Athletes village was poorly made, had fires and robberies. Olympic events were hit with gun fire. A lot of athletes and media got mugged before the games officially started. row boats were hitting mattresses and couches in the water.

I think the people who didn't like Atlanta are people who don't like that a meh-tier city got the Olympics over much better options in the US alone. I agree with that, i groaned when i heard Atlanta got it

We're obsessed with comfort. Brazilians can't even make a shower without trying to kill people with electricity. Say what you want but when you come here, you will by a rule have great accommodations. We take pride in that shit.

Its because American cities won't pay the IOC's bribes.

IOC would give summer games to Al-Raqqa. If ISIS paid the IOC enough.

actual oldfag reporting in, I watched the atlanta olympics, it was fine. up to par with just about any good olympics out there. not great, but good enough. I dont know why youre having a sperg fest over it, it was better than athens, moscow, munich, and mexico city. sure, there was the "bombing" where someone died because they were dumb enough to not believe a security guard when he says to leave, but in terms of the actual games, it was fine. and protip: the only people that reguarded sydney as great are the australians, no one outside your country remembers that they even had an olympics. and that "olympic process" afterwards was because of how sucessful the atlanta olympics were financially, not because how "bad" it was

Honestly tho, this is the definition of pretentious. If you're going to do Greek-style architecture you can't do it with stucco and drywall.

Sydney was actually a fucking shitshow but look out, Australian kids who don't remember it will attack your ass like a hornet nest you threw a rock at.

Kek me too. And Baggio of course

Atlanta is not a world class city, shouldn't have held it there.

t. Southerner

at least he's not a mudslime

Athens or Rio

The only memorable thing that I remember is using the ancient stadium for archery and phelps making a debut

Why are Australians such dumb asses?

Get out, you're probably a carpet bagging Yankee or Californian.

t. Atlanta resident.

I actually do not find anything different between Athens and Rio organization-wise.

The rest of the world is buttmad that a southern American city could manage the Olympics on a budget, still make money, and still use the facilities after the Olympics rather than needlessly pissing away public money in shit-tier countries, take bribes from Franco sympathizers and squeeze more money out of already poorfags. Let them stay mad m80

i saw olympic soccer in sanford stadium, olympic baseball at atlanta fulton county and olympic rowing on lake lanier. suck my asshole it was awesome

They also held the shotput at the ancient Olympia Stadium