Well this fucking sucked

well this fucking sucked

Wrong.

Yea kinda. At least it was better than the Babdook and The Witch

kinda looking forward to seeing The Witch, but if it's more of the same formulaic horror crap then I'm out. Why can't somebody make something original in the genre?

>The Witch

IT'S THE VVITCH

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sorry there wasn't enough jump scares for you

I didnt.

I'm not a fan of horror, but somebody recommended this as it's 'oh so different'

I was hugely disappointed. Horror will always be the plebiest genre.

I don't feel like getting into another pointless discussion, but no.

It Follows is an acceptable movie. The Witch is a great movie.

I don't feel like having another asinine genre discussion, but if you think The Witch is anything other than high quality you just have a short attention span and/or are stupid.

Oh shit, just found out that it's finally hit Blu-Ray and DVD

gonna find it online somewhere tonight and watch it then

No, don't say that! The thing is it takes a lot to scare people now, and most people don't like being scared in the first place. Real horror can be found outside of cineplexes

IT SHILLS
T

S
H
I
L
L
S

sorry pal but sounds like you're a pleb!

agreed, overhyped shit

It was really good for an 80s fag such as myself

This movie freaked the fuck out of movie if you're looking for something unsettling

The movie was low on scares and body count but incredibly well executed and had artistic merit.

Also at least it isn't the fucking Babadook with its 40 year old stock sound effects that everyone has heard in Resident Evil.

Fucking plebs man
well executed? there are so many plotholes and ridiculous scenes that is hard to keep a track of.
started of with a good premises but only got progressively worse as it went on. that pool scene is one of the most ridiculous shit i've ever seen.

>plotholes meme

like what? the monster didn't obey any direct rules, making it less predictable and scarier. Pool scene was amazing.

test

>making it less predictable and scarier.
was literally the embodiment of the cliché "having sex will kill you"
nothing about it was scary, was just fucking ridiculous.
and that ending? oh instead of finding a solution let's hold hands and hope for the best.
I don't mind not knowing the monsters "rules", but their attempts at trying were dumb at best.
at least the babadook had a message of mental illness and dealing with loss.
it follows is just shit "you'll get std and die" movie

result: LOW

Yeah it was a sort of homage to older horror movies where that was the hidden trope. In It Follows, it was the overt message.

To be honest, not much really scares me anymore, so I can't say that it was more or less scary compared to other things. I can say it was an insanely creative, stylized, potent horror film.

A few bits that shocked me--it being the super tall lanky guy and the pissing woman with no arms.

It bothered me how The VVitch was 100% accurate 1600s dialogue.

Sometimes it was just "oh my God what the fuck are you guys talking about"

I get the message behind it, and actually some of my favourite horror movies are all dumb as fuck
>Dead Alive
> Evil Dead
>etc
But i didnt find enough redeeming qualities about It Follows for it to be this widely praised, just has it's (very few) moments but overall the movie is pretty ridiculous and flawed.
Yeah had some atmosphere, 80s OST wtv but that doesn't save it

It's over-hyped creepypasta tier shit in film format.

To be honest, I saw it very stoned in a theater with a good friend, so for me the movie was incredibly enjoyable. It was a cool send up of 80's horror movies but somewhat more surreal and visceral. Perhaps it is our different experiences with the film but for me the texture of the film was unlike anything I'd experienced before.

Well that explains it really, think setting/mood/company influences a lot your opinion on a movie, i was setting it with a very critical mindset (since i had been spoonfed the hype around it) and at home alone, while you were maybe having a more open experience considering being high helps enhance certain things.
Then again can just be taste too, which is fine, but i can't help not enjoying this movie as much as everyone says

The soundtrack is god-tier though.

Solid movie, great concept, not very scary, still overhyped.

>what if the monster knows not to go in the water and just throws toasters and tv sets at her in the water lmao
it's liked the plot was developed by stoned high schoolers

I didn't quite understand that. Were they trying to electrocute the monster?

I really liked it, except the last 20 minutes actually make me feel embarrassed to watch it with other people.

Those sound effects took me out of it so hard.

There was one when It came through the hole in the door and screamed.

It ruined the fucking movie for me.

Yeah. They were going to wait for it to get in and then electrocute it.
What was wrong with that? I don't get the problem people have with the creature throwing stuff at her. I thought it was a neat twist.

my experience watching this film:

>girl farts

and into the trash it went

because the monster has a very consistent demeanor and behavior that makes it compelling - it constantly walks towards its victim and kills them when it gets to them. having it stop to throw appliances at somebody is hilariously bad writing.

What was the thing her boy friend said?
>Never go into a room with one door. It's slow, not stupid.
Now, I don't know about you, but I took that to mean that if you go into a place with one door, it would wait by the door. The creature does what it needs to in order to get the kill. I mean, it didn't go in a straight line to kill that guy across the street from her. It had to break the window and climb in, showing that it doesn't just walk in a straight line all the time.

Nah, I don't think so. It is supposed to be smart, otherwise it wouldn't be so successful.

>Teen power fantasy, the movie

Well, maybe you're not the target for this movie

just because the monster would do a certain thing in a given scenario doesn't make it a good idea to write that scenario into the movie. the whole pool scene screamed a desperate attempt at ending a movie about an invincible monster. we're already shown that it doesn't mind getting shot in the face but now they're going to pull the ol' toaster in the bathtub trick on it?

I'm pretty sure I would enjoy watching paint dry as long as it was at a movie theater.

To each his own I guess. I liked the movie because it has a really nice atmosphere / setting, but it is pretty slow and I can see why most people don't like it.

>hilariously bad writing

Hyperbole much? It made sense and people weren't rolling in the aisles as it was happening.

Agreed,

Anyone who liked it is a cuck and a faggot.

They're stupid teenagers, it didn't work. You should stop trying to hate a movie that you obviously enjoyed but won't admit.

Yes it did OP

>It made sense

Explain how it made sense please.

what is an adverb

Yes it did, it is a good idea, which is why i watched it in the first place

They fucked up with several characters though especially the faggy numale that likes the main girl

Theres also several moments that completely fuck up the pacing, the idea behind the monster means that the character should be in a constant state of running and fear, no brakes.

Lastly the monster should have been not invisible to others and more clever, not just mindlessly walking at its victim as a naked old lady or some shit, it should try to fool the main character

Why was it standing on the roof though?

there's a nice view

A flying kitchen appliance could certainly disable or possibly maim someone. The creature shows some intelligence earlier in the film as well.

It was a moment where the tables were turned and blew the protags delusions away.

The VVitch is pure kino

Shit at least is was something some what original

>I don't feel like having another asinine genre discussion, but if you think The Witch is anything other than high quality you just have a short attention span and/or are stupid.
I thought it was fantastic as a movie but as a horror movie, it was pretty damn underwhelming.

Why were they setting up those kitchen appliances though?

I just watched it last night and thought it was great. You would expect the Mc to be a slut but really she wasn't.

>You would expect the Mc to be a slut but really she wasn't.

Except for when she got gangbanged by those dudes on the boat. Or when she fucked that one friend of hers that was in a relationship without set up instead of the poor cuck that got the sloppy seconds at the end.

They were going to turn them on and put them in the pool to electrocute the following thing.

She fucked those dudes on the boat because she was broken and scared as fuck. It was to show how much her mental state changed. And she fucked the twink at the end so they could just live through it together (if the monster was even alive)

Why? It's been established that it's unkillable.

who knows, theyre stupid kids

>movie "fucking sucked"
>still getting regular threads after two years

yes it has clearly left no impression

>move overseas
>monster gets stuck at the bottom of the Mediterranean

capeshit gets hundreds of threads, doesnt mean it doesnt suck

Just saying, that little slur had enough sexual partners in those 100 minutes that she'd be a pretty risky investment as long term partner later on.

If i was in here situation id be banging all types of people honestly. Did you see that tall motherfucker?

You know what would make a great movie?

It follows Kevin

>I'm a slut too
Well ok, sluts gonna slut.

Actually, it could simply get a plane, or if It was feeling funny, swim the way.

>le slut
Who gives a shit? If you're fucking a lot, it's great, so why being a slut would be bad? Bonus, you're saving your life while that.

slut detected

The Babadook and the Witch were a lot better than this boring inconsistent mess.

Okay so what would you do if it was following you?

Yes, and so what, retard?

Was the semen demon an allegory to AIDS?

Yea id watch it if it would fucking come out.

why didn't she just ask the black lady for her help?

That's more or less how I saw it. Not necessarily AIDS specifically, but STDs in general.

it did

WAKE ME UP

Exactly. "its slow, but not stupid" was the key to understanding the monsters behavior. Like when it transformed into the little boy to fit into the hole in the door

What the fuck was the style of the characters supposed to be? Every outfit in this movie was terrible. The hoodie and jacket he has on is decent but everything else was garbage

Very nice looking film and great score too.

My man DRM has a nice future ahead

The babadook was good but not better than this

It only played in a small amount of theatres and i still can't find it on streams.

The Babadook was shit.

>taking your foot fetish a bit too far

Fucked a lot of emus. And ducks. And swans

No, good, actually. But it's another film that the memelords love to hate.

Where can I find a decent torrent of this thing?

It was the most boring, uneventful, least scary horror movie I've ever seen.

And babby's first allegory with the monster representing depression.

Felt like I wasted an hour and a half watching this bullshit.

>1st half, decent horror movie
>2nd half, lifetime channel melodrama

Pls respond

>It follows Kevin

I like it.

I've seen people talk about this movie for months but never post any pictures or gifs; what does the monster even look like? I hear it breaks people inside like exorcist style? Let's see some shit dudes

we don't know that was It
It's established early on that the elderly neighbor likes to stand naked on the roof.

That's the beauty, not knowing.