twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

jaime foxx a shit

tom cruise a goat

8/10 stylish action film, great dialogue

one of the best

Classic Manno

Who /mozambiquedrill/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=MsKj6RGQ2VM

Great movie besides that shitty romance between the cab driver and the lawyer.

it was necessary for the plot and the message of the movie. their conversation at the beginning had a lot of meaning to the story

it has a black person in it so i'm sure we can get a "niggers are scum and if you say otherwise you're cuck" circle jerk going for a few hundred replies

SHADOW OF THE SUN

Honestly one of the greatest action films of all time, hadn't watched it until last year but it's so well done. I wished digital filmography was used similarly in films today.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

Photography*

I live in LA and coyotes don't exist there, this really broke my immersion

that's the point...

the coyote was one of a kind, alone, like Vince

LA is pretty big, homie.

There are even deers.

I know how big LA is, I'm a driver

>Collateral is 12 years old

But the coyote showed up on its own.
Checkmate, atheists.

Theyre over by the hills sometimes. But yeah, I see them down in the OC more often

Does that mean............................... you drive?

dumb frogposter

direct result of natural selection, christfag

we have overwhelming evidence to support it so pray on that you kiddie fiddling bible thumper

>Jim Zubiena
He's a bad motherfucker. I'm starting to get into guns and shooting, this guy was great.
This happened while filming and Mann decided to keep it in. Similar to when Foxx crashes the taxi when leaving the Korean nightclub shooting.

For all the shit that Nolan and Tarantino go on about "muh film", Michael Mann is one of the few blockbuster directors that actually uses the film's format to match the setting of the film.

>Gone with the wind is 77 years old

I understand, but it was really badly executed.

one of my favorite Tom movies

Quints confirm Zubiena's badassery.
I love that Mann is so concerned with authenticity that he got the top target shooter in the US to be the technical advisor on firearms for Miami Vice and Manhunter.

checking those digits

CHUMBI CHUBA GO

If you guys enjoyed this check out Manhunter. Cox's Hannibal Lecter is a master class in moderation, miles and miles above Hopkins. Much more unsettling performance.

Manhunter is a good movie, but the whole Sup Forums meme of Cox over Hopkins is retarded. Silence of the lambs is better in basically every way (besides soundtrack maybe)

youtube.com/watch?v=fLi0OX_Ttt8

>Yo homie, is that my briefcase?

Indeed. He's a badass.
>Manhunter
I just noticed him in that also. Thought that was him when I saw the movie the first few times but never bothered enough to find out. I think Mann is also into guns, he must be given the choices he makes for firearms in his movies.

8/10, could have been 10/10 of it ended with the car crash and Vincent fleeing. And then mann decided to turn it into a airport thriller.

>action

Hammy and over-acted. Mann is better than Demme. Dollarhyde is infinitely more complex and believable compared to Buffalo Bill and adds a layer to the film that Silence of the Lambs is severely lacking.

lel it's a thriller not an action movie you pleb

what movie is this?

>pleb
>implying you know the difference

>Manhunter
Cox played it much better than Hopkins
Why? Lector was supposed to be a shrink, he was so over the top if you went to see him you'd leave after a min. Cox was creepy because you almost forget how nutty he is. Like the scene when Lector 'hacks' the phone and calls the U of Chicago. Hopkins just seemed very comic bookish while Cox you could believe at one point was a successful shrink who moonlighted as a serial killer.

>implying you do

jesus cock-sucking christ what is going on here

here have another dub

Really wish you could put .webms with audio here.

youtube.com/watch?v=zAHxAD6X-Ng

This. The script is a dumb thriller with some silly philosophizing as it is but it really ramps up the generic thriller aspect in the third act. Yet you can find interviews of Mann praising the script's structure! I wish I liked it more.

>Really wish you could put .webms with audio here
I still have no idea why we dont get them

ruined

>I think Mann is also into guns, he must be given the choices he makes for firearms in his movies.

I think that all comes from the research and striving for authenticity he does for every film. He wants to know which sorts of firearms the characters would actually use and why.

Just let me believe that Mann is a gun nut, white power user. But I think you're right though. His meticulous attention to detail is spectacular. I remember listening to the commentary and he was talking about how Vincent's suit was the color and why the cut is something he would've had made in Kowloon Bay in Hong Kong.

I live in LA and my neighbors schnoodle was eaten by a coyote last summer

Mann's the only living director who's making honest to God Westerns.

What.

i wish the nigger wasnt in it. didnt need the comedy relief. i wish it was more like thief but with cruise as his hitman character. wouldve been choice as

what the fuck

lol hannibal lecture wasnt in manhunter, idiot. thats silence of the lambs

I think cruise made more jokes than him in the movie

I've heard shoving things up your ass is quite painful so you might want to start with something small like your intelligence and build up to bigger things like your ego

I hated this movie because it was bullshit. Vincent is a professional killer and smart. Max was a dumb taxi driver. Max could never outsmart or physically beat Vincent. Making Max win in the end was ridiculous and it was obvious since the beginning of the film what the ending would be. Pointless waste of time watching it.

but he didn't really outsmart or physically beat him. It was shear luck for the final shooting scene

Hollywood has sold this idea that the Western is stuck in around a fifty year space. It's not. The Noir is the Western as far west as it can go. There is no limit on it. The Western is the frontier of flesh made into the frontier it interacts with. It's an attitude.

Tarantino's getting very, very close, but he'll need to drop theatricality to get there. Mann's work pushes the people but not their spirit. The image but not its emotion. It's great that Mann and Demme made Manhunter and Silence, because they're really opposite sides of the same coin, being spent on the same Coca~Cola. It's just that Mann wants to know how environments create their inhabitants, while Demme wants to know how inhabitants create their environments. And furthermore, both men are interested in audience culpability for what they've paid money to see and hear. One handles the sales pitch, one handles the sale.

This.
Vincent had the upper hand throughout the whole movie the end was just luck.

mfw

This. Deus ex machina bullshit is the worst. And it was sooo predictable.

I lol'd. This is a copypasta, right?

>watched Blackhat last night
>watched Manhunter today
>Just started The Insider

What Mannkino do I follow up with next, lads?

If you liked Manhunter: Thief
If you liked Blackhat: Miami Vice

>God Westerns

>Miami Vice
>mfw I enjoyed it when everyone else hates it

arent americans supposed to be in bed or are you an australian shitposter

It can't hold a flame to Heat

>160mg of addy
>in bed not shitposting
you pick one nigger

Go back to Sup Forums or /k/ you fucking racist. Owning guns is the dumbest thing in the world. Do you want to fucking go on a kill spree?

>not shitposting WHILE in bed
plebs both of you

My only regret is that I don't have adderall myself right now, actually.

it is now honey

raise it right

Look what you've done.

quints win

I guess you don't golf, or go to parks.

why, i only abuse xanax
whats so great about it?

not that user, but the one he replied to. I have a script for it, so when Im properly taking it and not abusing the fuck out of it, it really just helps me hyper focus on tasks I need to do/bullshit and killing what appetite I had. Really enjoy working out on it also, my head feels more clear. But when I'm abusing it, I don't workout on it and it makes me really chatty(I suspect not only in person, but online, this being a good example) and social.

It's a 10/10.

Found its twin brother, and it's just as good.

I love this movie and rewatch it every year, but something that always bothered me is why didnt Vincent kill the nigger as soon as he started creating trouble. Then he could simply take another cab.

Dad showed it to me for the first time about 3 months ago, loved it, easy one of my favorites. The coyote scene and the dialogue previously is the most based

The insider

>Vincent: Look in the mirror. Paper towels, clean cab. Limo company some day. How much you got saved?
>Max: That ain't any of your business.
>Vincent: Someday? Someday my dream will come? One night you will wake up and discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you. It never will. Suddenly you are old. Didn't happen, and it never will, because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory and then zone out in your barco lounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln town car. That girl,you can't even call that girl. What the fuck are you still doing driving a cab?

tfw you are just like Max, you work on that degree, hope that it will get you a nice paying job, maybe one day you will have enough money to open your business like you dreamed, enough for you to be able to travel anywhere, get your parents a nice house

Maybe years pass by, one day you remember how much you dreamed about it, and realise it never happened.

i cum buckets everytime i hear those top tier BANGS in the alleyway when tom cruises shoots the gypsies, you can feel the shots ringing around the setting and it sounds fucking awesome. 99% of action films now sound so unrealistic when it comes to shooting i find myself laughing when the bullet start flying

Once upon a tiiiiiiiime...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DX9JNJThhxY

was that before or after you sucked your daddys dick, faggot?

If you notice max wins because he shoots blindly. Vincent goes for head and body and therefore hits the metal bit of the sliding doors.

Muh symbolism

at least you have dreams user