Why couldn't they ever do it again? Did they just... forget how to be good?

Why couldn't they ever do it again? Did they just... forget how to be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iytFHjpV3Eo
youtube.com/watch?v=My4Gt0fkARY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they were never good

Has this album really aged well? It was great back in 07 but it doesn't hold up well next to something like a Daft Punk record.

Sure it does. In fact, I'd say that it's better than both Homework and HAA (but not Discovery).

I actually went back and listened to it again, and I'm tempted to say that it's better than even discovery. Discovery is overpraised as fuck.

discovery is too good youtube.com/watch?v=iytFHjpV3Eo

>EDM

Neck yourself

At the very least, they're both intensely high quality. Meanwhile AVD and Woman are just... bad.

I miss this Justice sound so much. why did they have to go and try to be a 70s prog band. They were the best at making music of the future but they want to be from the past

youtube.com/watch?v=My4Gt0fkARY

replace EDM with your favorite genre you shitter

>music of the future
but it was always derivative

What's that song that went around as a Justice song or remix, though it never was.

The lyrics went like

>III AMMM IN YOUURR BRAIINN
>MYYY NAMMEE ISSS COOOOCCAAIINNEEEEE
>IF YOU NEW WHAT I KNEW YOU WOULD FLUSH ME DOWN THE DRAIN
DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF

Something like that.

Dunno man. Hope they return to their roots.
>Has this album really aged well?
They are both supposed to be french house, but I think they have different styles. Justice is more similar to Sebastian and Kavinsky, and imo best of the bunch. Daft Punk on the other hand feels one of its kind.

Meant to quote
>but it doesn't hold up well next to something like a Daft Punk record

And to the first quote yeah I think it has aged quite well. Sounds as solid as it was 10 years ago.

I agree. They really touched on something here and for awhile I thought they were going to usher in the future.

They explained in an interview that this album was mostly listened by men/headbangers, or whatever you want to call them, and that motivated them to try to appeal to a more feminine public (hence the name of the new album). They're shit at it though, so even if AVD had some energy left, it's over now.

Music history is littered with bands that put out a masterpiece debut and did fuck all after that. Wasn't the first won't be the last.

Consider your first album is your whole-life-up to-that-point in the making. Most people don't have any gas left over after that.

They just changed their style, it's the same problem that DJ Shadow ran into. Which is a shame but I get the need for growth but it just doesn't work out here.

WOMAN is pretty good. Audio, Video, Disco is dogshit outiside of two tracks.

Man, Justice were so hot when Cross dropped. You can see the insane amount of hype they generated in their documentary A Cross the Universe. Fucking arenas sold out, celebrity guests, you can see Kanye at some point too. It really seemed like they were destined to become the next big thing. I think they enjoyed their time a bit too much, probably got really fucked up and then had to make a follow-up.

There's still room for raunchy electro-house. People have been getting sick of the drop-heavy EDM stuff. I seriously don't get Justice's decision to make yet another proggy, mellow album with Woman. AVD bombed so hard, a slightly funkier version would have not make things better

I had high hopes for Gesaffelstein after he blew up, his live shows had the same amount of intensity early Justice had. He seemed to have stopped producing and now just DJs. Man, french house musicians are weird.

>cross better than homework

I love Justice but if you think it is above Homework you're delusional. Maybe a tie.
And no, they will never do it or reclaim the significante they once had. They were the Daft Punk of a new generation who was getting to know electronic music, nowadays their new singles are getting 1mi-2mi views on Youtube, that's numbers some indie artists in my country are making, not the biggest up and comers of the mid 00s.
Ed Banger kind of dropped the ball since they take so long to release stuff (Sebastian was in the label since 2004 and took god damn 7 years to come up with an album that was more a "best of" compilation than a new album).

Also French artists for some reason are too proud as artists. Literally all of them I've met are like that. After Cross everybody hopped on the sound. The guys from Electro House, from Complextro, and from Brostep all studied it extensively to develop their genres into what they are today. Justice likes being the fresh kid on the block, not the old dog who can't learn new tricks. But their new tricks aren't that good to be honest.

The new album while being ok to me just feels like AVD with more Disco in it because people in 2011 said AVD had too much rock influence for it's own good

Sebastian's debut album was the best thing to come out of Ed Banger.

cross is better than anything daft punk as ever done. alive 2007 is close doe

I never mentioned it's quality, only the time it took and the ratio of new content/old already established songs. I also agree with you, it's my favourite EBR release. Let's hope he delivers it with the supposedly new stuff Busy P is hyping people for (with that screenshot). The Saint Laurent IDs had good potential.

I don't think the sound has aged well. I can still enjoy most Daft Punk, but Cross is so compressed it exhausts my ears. Still had really fun times with this album as one of my first fav electronic records.

you have to go back (to france)

Horrible opinion. Fucking awful. Cross has a few dumb, knuckleheaded bangers and that's it. There's much better electro-house out there that goes harder.

Homework and Discovery are classics. Justice has never done something as immediately catchy as Around the World or One More Time. Not to mention the superior technical intricacies and variety of both albums.

Justice got lucky they became big during the whole blog-house scene.

'non'