/daily/ - "Fetish Chart" edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>come here for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

>discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
/daily/ discord, pls join

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lxKjLdh0i4Q
pastebin.com/HKKj9UHE
youtube.com/watch?v=3uiEOM_9pDs
mega.nz/#F!VY8TQQDC!YQKb-Lz-p6r-I25lOXDTRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who is "stick"?

stop this madness

me, who r u

Me in the middle on the couch

hey mr anger im a big fan

hmm this thread

It's made by /rym/

>tfw you get a 256 GB SD card for your FiiO

Have you heard his Cello Suites? Recent fav, they're fucking amazing

good choices cept for memeiam meminski and those 2 comus albums that aren't the good one

Nope, but I'm going through all the BWV so I'll stumble upon them eventually.

Awesome, where you at now?

like 2 lmao

I've been lacking time to sit down and properly research each piece before listening. Too much shit on my plate.

send me money via paypal faggot

why would I do that?

why wouldn't you?

I don't condone charity cases

good for you

What's the name of this anime that was being posted in the last thread?

The Mothers of Invention - Burnt Weeny
I wasn't fond of most of this I have to be honest but The Little House I Used to Live In is a fucking saga man
Igor's Boogie 1 and 2 are my least favourite, I get what they are trying to do, but that doesn't make them not repulsive

The Constrictus Corporation - The Ziggurat
Great
just, great
takes a while to get going, but by the 5th track I was hooked, it's really something to listen to in one go
After a while you really start to get into Tudor Jones doing the voices, which is cool, but the fact that he mock-flubs his lines sometimes irks me

Art Blakey - Free For All
Yep, that's jazz

ミラクルミュージカル - Hawaii Part 2
There are some really good songs here (like Labyrinth) and some p crap songs (The Mind Electric), overall it's ok

what next cucbouys

little bitch academia

koko

youtube.com/watch?v=lxKjLdh0i4Q

For the user who wanted the Sufjan 48 other states project done by Sup Forums, it can be found here: pastebin.com/HKKj9UHE

One thing I realized is that I don't think they realized the "Salem Witch Trials" weren't in Salem, OR but in MA.

>Love his overt love for the Fishmans, going so far as getting translations for their lyrics and shit. Hate that he's the epitome of /daily/'s importance of backlog finishing over qualitative music listening, quantity over quality.
Fair enough

why even go user if you're gonna make it so obvious

>I wasn't fond of most of this I have to be honest but The Little House I Used to Live In is a fucking saga man
21st best song ever according to scuffy

And I agree, it blows my dick off every time, especially the reveal at the end. I love when Zappa does that.

do a jangle album and give it like a 2

why even have a trip if youre gonna be so bland nerdo

>One thing I realized is that I don't think they realized the "Salem Witch Trials" weren't in Salem, OR but in MA.
how did they fuck up so bad jesus christ

>One thing I realized is that I don't think they realized the "Salem Witch Trials" weren't in Salem, OR but in MA.
lmao

also hey jangle you bastard
can't fookin find Guitar Trios anywhere
up it for me

Been listening to some italo disco lately and this shit is so fucking good.

youtube.com/watch?v=3uiEOM_9pDs

THIS is the aotysf, don't let anyone else fool you

whats a fool tellin me not to get fooled for

this is the aoty for people that listen to the best of mozart compilations on youtube

mean & rude

so what would be your pick?

>people that listen to the best of mozart compilations on youtube
i get your criticism, but honestly, what's wrong with that?

this is the retort of someone who lets Sup Forums tell them how to listen to music

this is the retort of someone who listens to the best of mozart compilations on youtube

anyone listen to this yet? the cover makes me wanna puke but its pretty good, much better than bestial burden

>pharmakon

yeah no thanks

eugh
what do you reckon the photoshoot of this was like
>OK guys, here is your complimentary bottle of sex lube, get your hands nice and slippery now
>OK Margarete they're gonna touch your face
>they're gonna touch my face?
>yeah they're gonna touch your face...

such is the post-industrial life

>Girl Band - The Early Years

What the fuck happened to this band's mixing? It sounds like the bass is being recorded from the other side of the wall, and the vocalist is screaming from the very back of the recording room.
My guess is that they wanted to have their "own" sound since France 98, while fantastic and energetic, sounded like every other noise rock act sonically. Though their style of playing and singing is identifiable, so I still don’t see the reasoning.

Anyway, this is would be a run-of-the-mill noise rock record if not for the great lyrics and the absolute monolith of a track that is Why They Hide Their Bodies Under My Garage. It’s a swirl of groaning, noisy terror that builds explodes and rebuilds, invoking fond memories of early Liars material like from their horrifically underrated album They Were Wrong, So We Drowned. That balance of ugly noise, angry vocals, and catchy rhythms is something that is just right up my alley. Also, the song is a cover of an industrial techno song from Blawan, and hearing the translation from industrial techno to noise rock is something to behold.

I need to see this band live.

>AAL 3/2.5s
i thought you liked soft rock?

>Max Richter
lmao

Death of Pablo was p good, impressed it isn't just another meme album

dark ambient and noise are meme genres

buy apple products

people do way worse things dude
it's like you've never seen any movies with that kinda stuff

this desu

Do you know any songs about insomnia?

Alternatively songs that convey that feeling?

Being awake in the night
Desperately trying to sleep
Mind full of thoughts
Etc.

ofc soft rock is my v favorite u know that ;)
2.5 is like the min good/neutral score on my thing and 2nd+3rd albums didnt get higher even tho they sounded all right cuz songwriting overall didnt blow me away 1st had better and on all three v samey throughout i did like them tho maybe i'll come back sometime when i want chill and cool jazz djent i dunno

future of the left - notes on achieving orbit

any and all Grouper albums
but especially her song Heavy Water/I'd Rather Be Sleeping

>when the sellers on AliExpress don't ship FiiO to Sweden

Insomniac by Green Day

Did you have any feelings about that gilberto album

Wait, which one?

to be fair you didn't say you'd listen to it, just that you wanted a rec I just assumed you did

thank you!
That Grouper song is spot-on, exactly what I was searching for

(mine was a joke)

Oh that. I ended up not listening to it, probably because it was late and time to sleep or something. Maybe on wednesday when I have a few hours of spare time.

(mine was also a joke)

Lmao just got buttfucked by a test. Things he specifically said were not going to be on the test were there and way harder than anything we've even seen, shit should be illegal.

nah

Why would I waste time listening to Mozart's 12th best song smfh

I noticed now after listening :/

and I can't quote

at least you got a bit of
SHALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Thank you for that :)

kannzler i need rec

self-released free

oh yes, nice! in a minute

hmm, Mouth Moods

i could really go for some memes right about now

you shut your fucking mouth

hmm, Mouth Moods

@Tuco

Eugene Chadbourne - Vol 3: Guitar Trios
>Free Improv

mega.nz/#F!VY8TQQDC!YQKb-Lz-p6r-I25lOXDTRg

Benis? In MY butte? It's more likely than you think.

good meme

alright meme

interesting meme

:0

Comin thru

>Mississippi John Hurt - 1928 Sessions
This is the only time jangle has ever been right about literally anything. I could go on and on about how incredible these songs are, but instead I'm going to cop out and complain. How in the FUCK are there more and higher ratings for the OKeh version??? Probably because of the pseudo-nostolgic cover art I would presume that goes good on avant-teens higher-end rating scale. Shit brings my piss to a boil I swear. The mixing on OKeh isn't TERRIBLE but just listening to both right after the other makes the differences so apparent it's amazing. No reason the OKeh version should even exist, honestly. They used a pretty dated production technique that sounds terrible now by trying (and failing) to remove surface sound. Seriously, if you have a high rating of OKeh delete it and give the Yazoo version a higher rating.

>Joe Harriott & Amancio D'Silva Quartet - Hum Dono
Okay fine Jangle gets to be right ONE more time but this is seriously it. This is like, the second jazz album I've ever heard from bongland and it was pretty damn good. I suck at reviewing jazz, but the vocals, bright horn timbres made this all seem very dreamy. Quite nice.
I dunno. 8? Yeah, 8.

>Księżyc - s/t
This is, to me, the sort of atmosphere a lot of those "neo-folk" artists try and (always) fail at recreating. There's something so authentic and old-world feeling about this. Feels like being a peasant dying from the fucking plague rather than going to a medieval fair and wearing silly underpants.

>Komeda Quintet - Astigmatic
Autismatic lmao

jk I actually really enjoyed this. I'm not sure what words I can use to describe a lot of this-era jazz that aren't already descriptors on rym, but this did have a real "dangerous" quality to it I'd say. That's a word I'm allowed to use, right? I'm not sure if sure if the last track was actually "worse" than the previous two, but I feel like it was more of the fact that I got tired of this style for 40 minutes rather than it actually being any worse. Still enjoyed profusely regardless.

>Viet Cong - s/t
Surprisingly creative for a modern post-punk album. It's not revivalist, indie posuer, and seems to stick to the genre's roots in a tasteful way, while adding new elements that aren't ham-fisted in the slightest. The first couple tracks are kind of a snore but I'd say sitting through this album is definitely worth it, as song quality increases with nearly every track. Save for Holograms and Iceage, probably one of the best examples of a popular group doing this genre right.

>Everyone Asked About You - s/t
I seem to disagree about literally everyone on this whole emo thing. I really enjoyed the explosiveness from the guitars/drums on tracks one and two, otherwise this EP was pretty much worthless to me. Seriously, something like Fuck Your Emotional Bullshit is 20x more effective than this. People tend to call bands like Snowing, Brave Little Abacus' vocals "annoying" but the indie twee-esque vocals here are fucking awful by both of the vocalists, the female vocalist in particular. I'd go for dynamic and unique explosive behavior than "indifying" it ANY day.

>Skream - Skream!
Really enjoyed tracks similar to Rutten, but I swear there is some undefinable qualities about these types of bong-grime albums I truly just don't care for at all.

also Księżyc - s/t got an 8 shit

>Preoccupations - s/t
Similarities it had with some of the Polish Coldwave bands were well-welcomed, but other than that this album is kind of a mess. Very few songs really come together completely. The shorter tracks are disjointed unsatisfying messes and the longer track feels like four or five half-completed tracks compiled into one song with little continuity between them. A few salvageable tracks, but hardly worth such a controversy.

>10cc - Sheet Music
Shit music lmao

Seriously though, the second track was alright, but this was just really boring pop-rock.

BONUS:

>The Pablo Collective - The Death of Pablo
An album exclusively good in theory. I really do find these "crowd-created" albums interesting and I hope this review doesn't discourage the creators (it probably won't) from making anything similar, but this is literally just bad dark ambient with interview segments and splices from TLoP. Not something I particularly cared for, but Washed Up had some good moments. The people calling this Prog-Hop (as with most outside-the-artists attempts to tie in progressiveness with hip hop) are retarded.

I listened to more but going more than three posts with my wall-o-reviews(tm) is against several of my religions.

What next

good VC/preoccupations opinions, tho i would have liked you to pan the latter a bit more

x los angeles

swell maps, m8

post ur fav bug itt

mono & weg
africa jorge brasil ben
dj rashad

oh, this should be interesting

gd John Hurt and Viet Cong onions

Preoccupations isn't that bad, it's no less than a 5 anyway

I'm a post-punk fag. If it isn't super New-Wave-y chances are I'll like it. (I gave Iceage's newest album an 8 lmao)

I'd like to see someone rec me any post-punk under those perimeters that I hate because I've found none so far.

yeah I bet you'd really like it if I listened to that album wouldn't you fucker

you got it buddy!

okay I'll listen to all three at once

pic

;)) love you

I spell parameter like perimeter because I'm retarded hello I'M FISH

no haha jk

u some sort of weebaboo?

spiders are bugs too
spiders are insects and bugs

hey guys I'm logging off to go to class real quick no one talk about music until I get back

not rly it's just that anime girls are perfect

>hey guys I'm logging off to go to class real quick
whoa same let's be friends

>;)) love you
bump Pogues up to a 6 then please

>fade in
>shot of highschool on a summer day
>that bug noise
>schoolgirl noise
>running while stuffing face with toast
nah man u a weabo

Yup thats me, probably wondering how I got here?

>girl runs past camera
>zoom in on tree