discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection
discogs.com/user/SyBorg/collection
youtube.com/watch?v=9gt2XnD1Mzs
discogs.com/user/superfunk64/collection
discogs.com/user/the_coltergeist/collection
discogs.com/user/crasho
discogs.com/user/BookofGenesis/collection
discogs.com/user/TheWitchfinder/collection?sort=added&sort_order=
discogs.com/user/Crackattic/collection?page=1&sort=artist,asc&folder=0&limit=250
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it relevant to have a collection of music nowadays? As a collector myself, I had kept up with the latest "underground" labels on all types of formats (Vinyl, cassette, CD) for the past 5 years and have grown tired of it, as I feel I want to sell my whole collection. I don't know, but I feel I need to have "minimal" stuff and not hoard things..

Pretty bland collection 2bh

discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection

bad taste

well, i've been getting cd's for like half a year trying to buy one each month. finally spending money on something that i like and gets used i guess.
i mean why not, vinyl and cassette are the new hipster indie fad nowadays. and vinyl industry is really flourishing. i guess it's up to personal preference.
holy hell that's huge. and expensive. how long have you been collecting for?

May as well finish off the Beatles OP

yeah, the thing is i'm hunting for those late 80s mono releases and a poorfag. so i'm trying to get hold of those locally without discogs atm

About three years. My buying has slowed down a lot recently though.

Do you like Aqualung OP? Always felt it was Tull's best

discogs.com/user/SyBorg/collection

i love the writing, but musically it doesn't attract me as much as TAAB, which is my tull favourite

That's fine. I just wish TAAB was chopped up for easier listening. Sometimes I don't wanna listen to a 25 minute song, y'know?

yeah, i get your point. i guess it one of those records that you sit down and enjoy every second of if only you have the time and patience.
some of the greatest records there. really nice collection man. at least 25 times mine

1/2

2/2

I've seen you post these before. Splendid display mate.

great stuff indeed.
why the bias towards boxes and digipaks though?

These are a few of my digipaks/digisleeves/slipcases shelves only. for some reason I keep them separated from the standard jewel cases (mostly because they get scratched more easily).

What order are they sorted in?

Is this vinyl or CD? Cant tell

I relocated them recently and they are placed with no particular order. I should organize them, but I'm so fucking lazy.

Enjoy my entry level collection

digipak cds or similiar.

oh i see. i love how you got these shelves dedicated to your music collection
great stuff, we've got kind of similar tastes i see

probably because they dont fit in the damn dumb cd shelves

I have cds stored in practically every corner of my house... wardrobes, cabinets, drawers, shelves, countertops... these are the first shelves I hanged in my room, like 15 years ago.
In retrospect they were not the best space-saving solution.

> Deftones
My nigga

Are you someone who was a kid in the 90s and then stopped buying records?

only period of my life I ever bought cd was when I was 16/17; sorry for the flash, is dark as hell 24h a day in my room

meh

>Meganoidi
>Caparezza
>De Gregori

ha!
another italian fag

hell yeah. I want to pick up Gore and B-Sides and Rarities but idk if it's worth it
i didn't stop buying records, I just like 90s and 00s rock a lot

yes dude, actually I found out lately there is quite a number of italian people lurking on this board

kek I forgot I have three copies of Bloodlust

luvin that AIC mane

Reminding me of when I was 10 and my collection looked like that. Keep buying stuff and growing your collection dude, you'll get there!

Radiohead SUCKS

Got new stuff since I took this though

that's not your collection you liar

They're alright, I just own them for collection use. I'm more talking about all the Deftones and Alice In Chains he had.

I'll post a timestamp as soon as I get home if you're in doubt my dude

LEVIATHAN

Back before Mastodon died. I miss them. I've been meaning to relisten to APC for a while now. I'll do that in a minute. Lateralus and Toxicity are the only albums I liked in high school that I can still enjoy. I'm glad everyone is being nice to you about your super gay music collection.

Collection use?

I was just talking smack because it's the only band I can make out in that picture. Sorry.

lmao thanks anons

Nah you're fine. They're considered essential listening, so I bought them as soon as I found some cheap copies. They're a fine band, I like em, I just don't love them.

just a couple questions if you don't mind:
how old are you now?
what is that "plunderphonic" thing I see on top right?
do you take your samples from those cds?

The Plunderphonics thing is pic related, a release from John Oswald. He left the artist name as Plunderphonics and made it a box set shape (it's a book with 2 CDs inside) so it would be filed next to Prince in the box set section, rather than in an experimental section in the back room of a record store.

Also yes, my samples are always pulled from the CDs in my collection, whether they're from that shelf or the other spots in the apartment (crates I buy online and stuff)

El Oso is some tight shit brotha.

>tfw no sftb and swans are dead digipaks

Coincidentally started organizing my cds recently. Tell me how bad my collection is

There's your timestamp. It's my collection

ha ha gud one user

youtube.com/watch?v=9gt2XnD1Mzs

shit dude you have a copy of the hexagram single? Lovers is one of my favorite Deftones tracks, how much did that cost?

$2.99, Amoeba's awesome. Lovers is one of my favourite tracks of their too

Nice

discogs.com/user/superfunk64/collection
Forgot the link

>tfw I live in nj

Kevin Barnes brother David

but why

tbqh Amoeba (and the music community in general) are one of the only things about Los Angeles I like. Jersey's fun to visit

You don't like running into Gary Busey at McDonalds?

Hey you're supposed to wear that filter with pride man

Hi Jordan.

That doesn't happen as much as you think. I've run into Drake Bell a handful of times, though. A majority of these celebrities are just people, it'd be especially weird and a little rude for me to get super starstruck from people in a place other than an event (like a meet and greet or whatever) anyway, especially if they're just minding their own business and eating or going shopping or whatever. I don't get too starstruck by people anyway, not unless they're one of a handful of people I seriously admire (felt like this next to Michael Gira)

Living here is expensive and a lot of the people aren't that polite. I'm out here for work, I'd live elsewhere if I could, but I really would miss Amoeba

ess em aych tee bee aych

our boardwalks and pizza are the shit but music is lacking over here. Gonna go to sleep now, thanks for being a cool tripfag

Mack's pizza is nice, always liked the Wildwood Boardwalk. Have a good sleep bub

Really good Jersey metal album last year by Death Fortress

it's not too good but I'm jealous that you own a copy of act III

Randomly stumbled across it for $15 at FYE

Who?

discogs.com/user/the_coltergeist/collection

They go for over $40 on ebay, not even in good condition either
Not worth imo

Got it brand new for 15 so life's good

I just shipped this off today for $40

Kinda hurt but at least I have the memories.

why does everyone own deftones cd's? they're such a boring group

Literally the most relevant rock album last year

Waiting on my vinyl copy of btmi's vacation to arrive

If I had more money, wew lad I would own a lot more. I have not put all my tapes on it yet.
discogs.com/user/crasho

I have a couple tapes on the way actually but I literally have no idea what I'm going to do with them. It was only extra for shipping compared to only the digital file so I figured why not.

What albums of theirs have you heard?

hear it is

on the way: Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics (found a used copy for $20 since I have no desire to pay twice that price for a new copy)

discogs.com/user/BookofGenesis/collection

bump

I waste a lot of money.
discogs.com/user/TheWitchfinder/collection?sort=added&sort_order=

heres one of my cd shelves, other ones are a mess atm.

mostly metal/rock/rap with some blues/jazz and a bit of punk

Sexy

also, dont have much collectible shit but this is the top. Signed LOG pickset (LTD to 100), signed copy of scar sighted, a deviant minidisk, and other lame shit i have.

Here's my small collection. Started collecting near the end of 2016, still a decent amount of music I want to add but no one told me it would be so much money. Worth it so far though.

discogs.com/user/Crackattic/collection?page=1&sort=artist,asc&folder=0&limit=250

Wasn't huge on many of the collections, but good on everyone for doing them!

1/4 (5 maybe)

2/5

3/5

4/5, personal favourites

Matana Roberts was signed on the back and the Coin Locker Kid tape was sent personally

5/5, finally, recent purchases

>Swans and picture of nectar in the same collection
Noice
>2 copies of doopee time
Can I have one?

CDs. Not going to bother taking pictures of my vinyl.