Now I feel bad about making fun of the people who walked out of Avatar wishing they could be Na'vi

Now I feel bad about making fun of the people who walked out of Avatar wishing they could be Na'vi.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eYNCCu0y-Is
boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2016-06-10&p=.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=qt0jCgxIhrI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This """movie""" wasn't even as good as a Blizzard cutscene. Is this the way the US is going to get China back for its trade policies? Making horrible sub-toddler-tier """movies""" about video game trivia that only gold farmers care about?

Literally no one at the gym knows anything about this movie.

>you will never fight for the Horde and your glorious leader Gul'dan

Why live?

Where is the trickle of drool that would constantly run from the sides of those retarded bottom fangs?

I know its just a movie but is fucking anatomically ridiculous.

That's because their balls would either if they let their eyes fall upon such magnificence.

nice shilling

It's pigface

you sure mean based Ner'zhul

>orcs
>sympathetic

hack writing 101

>Watched it
>Expected absolutely nothing
>Ended up being surprised by how little i cringed

Granted, since I had zero expectations it didn't have much of a bar to pass. Seriously needed another 30 minutes of runtime though. It was way too short.

Yeah it was pretty short, watched it with the same expectations and i was surprised, in a good way.

Indeed, 40 minutes were cut.

I think the first act was bad (sucky editing, bad introduction of the characters), but the third one was incredibly good, saved the movie.

Fuck yeah, the third act.

Who needs a first act to set up the movie and introduce characters and shit, we're warcraft playaz, just put all the good shiz in the third act where it belongz

First act screamed pandering to the fans.
I can't even imagine what a casual would think of it since he has no idea what's going on

I am a big fan of the lore, but I hated the first act for its awful character introduction on the part of humans. Lothar, Khadgar, King Llane appear out of nowhere, with little explanation.

Also, Lothar's son was doomed to die.

Honestly I felt bad for Gul'dan.

>ignorant that his magic is killing everything
>saves his people from a dying world
>saves Draka and Durotan's son's life
>as thanks they betray him
>obeys the actual rules of Mak'gora since Thrall used his Shaman powers against Garrosh twice when they fought without penalty
>accepts Garona without question

Well, on the other hand you have BvS, which had an emotional and coherent first act, then just gave up on act three and thrown the big stupid monster at us instead of making Luthor a valid antagonist on his own.

That movie was a fucking mess from start to finish. The only redeeming factor was orcs. Literally everything else sucked.

>>ignorant that his magic is killing everything
>>saves his people from a dying world

No, he knew all of that. He was the reason the world was dying. He also mind controlled Garona.

>no sacking of stormwind
I hope they just saved it for the next movie, reconning something like that huge screams alliance favoritism.
Plus without winning at stormwind, it makes little sense how the orcs would have the numbers to take black rock mountain.

Why do Marveldrones always resort to BvS criticism? How is BvS relevant here at all?

Thrall actually did cheat in Mak'gora though, it's explaind further in Legion when he loses Doomhammer and is excommunicated with the elements, and the elements basically calling him a bitch for cheating

that wasn't until later. The movie didn't even cover the fall of Arathi.

>saves Draka and Durotan's son's life
This is what I really loved. Gul'dan and Blackhand, some of the unanimously "bad" guys in the original universe, are made complex. Blackhand stops Gul'dan from leaving the Mak'gora and warns Durotan to escape; Gul'dan saves Durotan's son and has a point that they HAVE TO sacrifice someone to save other orcs.

Durotan ended up a much weaker character. Yeah, nature is dying, but if Gul'dan doesn't open the second portal, all the other orcs will die.

it'll be the first scene of a potential sequel. Cho'gall will reopen the portal with ogre magic and then him and Kilrogg will march on Stormwind and destroy it

Marvel is shit, and I don't think BvS was as bad ad the general score.

Just mentioned it because it was the opposite of WC: good first act, bad third act. The first act alone doesn't guarantee the success of the movie, while a good third act might end with the viewers leaving with an overall positive impression. Which is what happened with WC.

>when he loses Doomhammer and is excommunicated with the elements, and the elements basically calling him a bitch for cheating
That's so dumb

>Literally no one at the gym knows anything about this movie.

A couple of brehs were talking about how they wanted to get orc mode when I went to the gym this morning.

Yeah, the film ended up describing the events of WC1 manual, with the very first, unsuccessful orcish attack on Stormwind.

Stormwind will get the Esgaroth treatment in the sequel. Too bad there'll be no Alliance negotiations, since they kinda-sorta established this plot in the ending of this one.

Are you people delusional? This wasn't a film and everything you're referencing is shit, it doesn't matter, you can't just handwave all that information into a feature film that's not how it's done.

You guys are pretending this is a real movie when all the information necessary to make it so is in a game.

>Too bad there'll be no Alliance negotiations
Would've been a great scene.
Showing how different the human nations are.

i just want to fuck some orc pussy, tbhlads

>Genn Greymane pounding his fist on the table complaining about what a waste of money all this shit is

>T'Bhlads

Now I know what I'm naming my orc when I start playing WoW because of this movie.

Why's that?

>Lothar kills Blackhand instead of Orgrim Doomhammer
That's the real Mak'gora I wanted to see

Actually the other way around would be hackneyed.

>This """movie""" wasn't even as good as a Blizzard cutscene.
That doesn't really mean anything since Blizzard's cutscenes are better than any movie

He's a big guy

>"This is our problem how exactly?"

Why would you want to see that?

err what?

When Orgrim kills Blackhand, He becomes the first leader of the horde that isn't interested in chugging demon blood more than establishing a new home for his people.

he isn't wrong

Oh I misunderstood you.
I thought you wanted to see Lothar kill Doomhammer.

No he objectively is, Blizzard cutscenes are trash asides from the animation. Poor narration, little to no plot and certainly no attempt to provide a backstory. They are just eye candy for blizzdrones to wank over and aren't in the same league as a film. A fucking five minute clip of LoTR shits all over them.

>Garona acted erratic, and had strange mood swings
Normally I would call out bad writing or bad acting, but since she's being mind controlled by Gul'dan, it fits the character.

Honestly I'm glad I torrented that shit, holy fuck that was bad.

We already saw an orc duel.

I was glad to see it end the way it did. No drawn out skirmish where Lothar completely goes back on his thing about outsmarting the orcs rather than trying to beat them physically. Slide-n-slice, get 'er done.

Can't wait to see this movie, eat shit faggots.

>Now I feel bad about making fun of the people who walked out of Avatar wishing they could be Na'vi.

>Wanting to be a clumsier, dumber and more aggressive version of Tyrone

Why?

>but since she's being mind controlled by Gul'dan, it fits the character.
she isn't

Bruh, wow cinematic are GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=eYNCCu0y-Is

Nice try, but you are not going to shame anyone into watching the same movie as the one you are peddling so hard. :^)

>mfw Avatar had better CGI than Warcraft

God this movie hurts me.

There was a lot of shit that rocked, but on the whole the technical filmmaking, especially from an editing and plot progression standpoint were just not good

Best spell casting I've ever seen in a film

Orc segments were all boss

Humans looked like cosplay and most of the plot threads were awful.

I wish I had the technical knowledge to be able to articulate my criticism better

>Humans looked like cosplay and most of the plot threads were awful.

That is not too surprising. Blizzard forgot how to develop interesting human storytelling and character design as soon as WC2 has ended. This culminated in the phenomenon commonly referred to as "Horde bias" - inability of WoW devs to build the non-orc side properly.

Yeah but jones and the screenwriter were not at all beholden to the obviously flawed aspects of the game

Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it's wrong

it also had a 400 million budget vs dunkin's 160 million

ehm Gul'dan is no leader, the horde warchief is Orgrim Doomhammer

accirding to who exactly? blizzard was breathing down their necks the whole time.

When do the Zergs invade?

According to who?

5 movies from now when they start using WoW plotlines and introduce the silithid

They still had to consult everything they did with Blizzard, including their reference materials. And they had to allow Chris Metzen have a say in terms of writing.

7. Years.

Why was he so shit? Easily worst character in the film.

Humans looked dreadfully pathetic. It's like Blizzard blew up all their budgets on orcs and said fuck it to everything else.

Considering how expensive that CGI can be, I wouldn't be surprised if that's exactly what happened. All the human characters looked to damn... Soft. They all just seemed really, really soft. They all had baby faces and perfect hair.

this. was. shit.

>the conjuring
>16 million

>warcraft
>10 million

boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2016-06-10&p=.htm

getting beat out by a shocker movie

I saw WC last night. Theater was pretty full but there was a parade of people there for the conjuring. It was insane. Like the opening night for a tentpole capeshit. I've never seen anything like it.

Of course it was all niggers and beaners and general garbage humans but still

Are you saying there are more nerds than normies?

Of course The Conjuring 2 is making more.. normies love those type of films

>kino making less money than the sequel to generic horror movie #32
not really surprising

Conjuring 2 was actually good though

Imho orcs were the thing that saved the movie from total disaster. That and good magical effects.
But god the rest sucked ass.

Rev up the excuses.

these people are dumber than snot , however Warcraft kino looks good and usually people are reluctant to work on Kino rather than go see some shit magic movie and shit scary movie

orcs are niggers

nobody wants to be niggers

Wasn't Warcraft's BIG hope to actually attract normies, familia?

You are just piling excuses upon excuses.

Honestly the only thing I really didn't like were the armor and some of the weapon designs for the alliance characters.

t. fat neckbeard who has never stepped on a gym in his life

>10 million
Jesus christ, literally half of the projected box office.

Was the old mage in Dalaran supposed to be Antonidas? I didn't hear a name for him.

>Potential audience is reluctant! What to do? I only want Warcraft franchise to have a bright future ahead!
>I know! I'll just shit on them to show how we don't need wider audience!

Ebin, simply ebin. :^)

Except it didn't.

the marketing team should be lined up and shot

Kino according to a bunch of fat nerds.

Well, The Conjouring was a surprisingly good horror movie, and this is probably the first horror movie sequel that's actually good too.
I'm happy for them.

tired of people pretending that more than eighty percent of critics aren't capeshit bribed hacks trying to suppress the vidyakino revolution

That cinematic is weak son.

youtube.com/watch?v=qt0jCgxIhrI

This;
>Posters plastered all over the city
>They are only noticed by those who knew about Warcraft: the movie in the first place due to how generic and forgettable the posters were

>first horror movie sequel

Not true, horror has a plethora of good sequels

>Insidious 2
>Paranormal activity 3
>Evil Dead 2
>Exorcist 3
>Dawn of the dead (original)
etc...

>any of those
>good

Should have posted this one instead.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck

You're right, just by looking at the poster you can't even tell that it's a fantasy war movie.

They should have kept it simple and showed more of the orcs.
They should have done something like X-Men:Apocalypse did, an orc holding a human around the neck or something.

Best new lore from the movies
Thrall is born dead and guldan brings him back to life

I wish they'd just made the original 3rd game's story into the movie, not this """theatrical adaptation""" shit

I hope Lothar dies in the opening scene of the next movie if they do a sequel. He fucking sucked.