Its been 26 years and still the greatest album ever made

its been 26 years and still the greatest album ever made

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p5U9zdFhvxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

one of the greatest

Makes me feel inadequate as fuck desu, a bunch of college kids made the masterpiece of rock music to rival Beefheart.

they weren't just college kids though. they were making this shit when they were literal kids

plus it's nice when you know people that enjoy the same music as you so you're on the same page when you're making music

not sure about best, but definitely one of the most innovative and influential.

television - marquee moon gets my vote for best album ever.

red pill me on it

the only track i like is marquee moon

It's wild to know that they're all not truly satisfied with the recordings. Imagine if they truly had their way. I'm not sure how to feel about it, I love Spiderland so much as is, I don't know if I could handle any other recording.

What don't they like about it?

yeah. also i feel like mu has been appreciating this album more recently, at least the newfags have

no need to, it speaks for itself. not one bad track on there.

i dont get it either

I think Britt mentioned he wanted some strings on certain parts of the tracks, and if I recall Pajo says it was pretty rushed. Other than that they didn't go into much detail as to what exactly they wanted. I think they were all so young and stressed that they all remember it as being more negative than anything.

That said Brian's 'I MISS YOU' was pure gold to all the band members.

>strings
If he meant a string section I don't think it would have been good. But a single violin/viola/cello might have been dank. That "I MISS YOU" is money.

Move over, Suzie.

I found this dude's custom playlist a few weeks ago. He did good, y'all should check it.

youtube.com/watch?v=p5U9zdFhvxw

do all of you pussies actually like this whiny bullshit?

its okay

It's pretty mindblowing, the documentary detailing their story just leaves you speechless at times when you see that practice footage and they're just kids in a basement playing some incredibly dark moody and hypnotic music.

Makes you wonder where the fuck it comes from. They had all great upbringings, great parents, went to good schools. Seems like an environment to create the most fostered and well adjusted kids imaginable.

Yeah really seems like an environment to raise a bunch of emotional infants literally screaming I MISS YOU

How do you guys feel about

>Pam
>Glenn
>Todd's Song
>Brian's Song

It's hard to imagine Spiderland being any better than it already is, I don't know if adding anything to it would actually have made it better, but all of those songs are great and aside from Glenn none of them are even fully conceptualized songs.

I would recommend anybody that is a fan of these songs to listen to "The For Carnation" - Brian McMahan's band that he started around 4 years after Slint, and a reworked version of "Brian's Song" makes it onto one of those projects, under the title "Preparing to Receive You". Their self titled album is fantastic.

How is any of it whiny? It isn't whiny at all, in the slightest. What are you even basing that on?

Todd's Song sounds very, very much like Rodan/The Sonora Pine. It's very curious to see what else Slint might've done.

Oie khe

It's in my top 5.
Others:
Loveless
White Light / White Heat
Unknown Pleasures
The Soft Bulletin

Here's some high resolution album artwork. I'm pretty sure this is the best quality available online, not in terms of resolution, but the quality of the scan.

you have to go back

I like the part in the movie when they explain the songwriting process for Spiderland and it's just them playing the same licks for hours until something catches. No idea how they went from recording the sounds of someone shitting on Tweez to that. That album will always be one giant question mark to me.

it's pretty cool, but also much more simplistic musically than people make it out to be. lol@somebody ITT comparing slint to captain beefheart.

Whoops this one's larger.

Thanks for the images, the gatefold and remaster ones are great. But this is what I meant by not in terms of resolution just scan.

Compare the Spiderland ones, this one is quite the bad scan all things considered, full photo isn't included, it isn't straight and the exposure is all fucked up and not very evenly lit across.

Perhaps it comes from all their personal experiences that shaped the weird sensitive monstrosity that we still all adore. We'll never really know, but one things for certain is that Louisville is a really weird fucking place. And that mind be the explanation for it all.

might*