>MONTH

not just a day, a whole fucking MONTH.

ITT we talk about Black History MONTH.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0fYL_qiDYf0
youtu.be/f2RdaHh0U-s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_realm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Me made it February cause it's the shortest month.

>not a day
>A WHOLE MONTH
pfffffffffthahahhaa

Apologize already, that's what your national sorry day is made for. Stop bullying our american minority bros.

>he has a sorry day

>entire month about cotton picking

Australia has an abo-and-muslim-appreciation year, YEAR

>Black History Month, also known as African-American History Month in America, is an annual observance in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom for remembrance of important people and events in the history of the African diaspora. It is celebrated annually in the United States[1] and Canada[2] in February, and the United Kingdom[3] in October.

>The UK does it too

wtf UK ?

Seems kinda random putting those two together

Like penis and ice cream appreciation year

It needs revision before the upcoming Black History Month thread

To be fair black people have lived in the US longer than 99% of it's current """"""""""white"""""""""" population :^)

This is true, but not true enough to have black people stop telling me my ancestors owned theirs as slaves

i've never head of this desu

when black history is talked about over here, it's either american stuff, some revisionist stuff about how jamaicans who arrived after WW2 "rebuilt" britain and some stuff about the 'black florence nightingale' mary seacole who was an extremely racist mulatto woman

You know what's even shorter? A day.

Or just as normal countries, no day.

True

>Black History Month often sparks an annual debate about the continued usefulness and fairness of a designated month dedicated to the history of one race. Criticism include questions over whether it is appropriate to confine the celebration of black history to one month, as opposed to integration of black history into the mainstream education the rest of the year. Another criticism is that contrary to the original inspiration for Black History Month, which was a desire to redress the manner in which British schools failed to represent black historical figures as anything other than slaves or colonial subjects, Black History Month reduces complex historical figures to overly simplified objects of hero worship. Another criticism, usually leveled by whites,[who?] is that the celebration is racist.[11]

>Black celebrities such as actor and director Morgan Freeman and actress Stacey Dash have criticized Black History Month,[12][13] with Freeman saying, "I don't want a black history month. Black history is American history." Freeman has argued that there was no White History Month, because white people did not want their history relegated to just one
month.[14]

>be American
>confine Black History into one month

What do you give as a present during this month? Or do you have to wear something about black culture ehm i mean Afro American culture? A chain, a collar or a white Master

Nothing much, we just learn about Slavery and Jim Crow and stuff.

>actress Stacey Dash have criticized Black History Month
it basically goes without saying
she's a top tier quisling

>black historical figures
Like whom?

Harriet Tubman, Booker T Washington, MLK Jr

google american inventors

Ahahahahahahaha hilarious

I think the reason there's no white histoty month is because americans have - and to this day continue to - struggle to retain the specific culture of their ancestors, even if it's just in meme-form. Blacks don't. That's why they're black americans and not african-americans. They have no cultural heritage from before their peoples were enslaved. All of their history is american history.

Mansa Musa was the richest man to ever live, if you don't count Crassus

Partially this, and also because whites have historically been the norm here, so "White History" is redundant and somewhat racist.

Dr. Dre

The Lion King, yeah. But I think they meant american blacks. I don't think they'd accept Othello, y'know?

The UK does it, and since the Queen of the UK is also the Queen of Australia, you guys have it, too. Don't try to argue it, you choose to continue being cucked by a foreign monarchy.

That's not how that works. The Commonwealth Realms are each fully sovereign nations who happen to share monarchs.

no we don't???

snoop dogg

duh stupid kraut

In Canada, every day is Sorry day.

>The UK does it
is this like the "UK celebrates thanksgiving" bullshit

Do you think we will get a Mapuche or Bolivian history month?

Why are black universities and black chambers of commerce not considered racist?
Why is affirmative action not considered racist?

Because blacks have not been the same position of power as whites in American history, and historically had to band for themselves.

For example the richest man in history was the king of mali

If you looks at the history of black people, you know it won't even make it upto black history hour.

Look buddy, I know you watch Sherlock, jack of to Downton Abbey, and think that "British accents are sooo sexxyyyy~", but the United States is a REPUBLIC and has always been a REPUBLIC, and defending monarchies is an insult to the Founding Fathers

Be honest, has anyone actually said this to you in person? I've never heard any black person say this to anyone in real life.

>The Commonwealth Realms are each fully sovereign nations who happen to share monarchs.
You fucking retard. Here's the actual quote from a commonwealth meeting:

>Under the London Declaration, India agreed that, when it became a republic in January 1950, it would accept the British Sovereign as a "symbol of the free association of its independent member nations and as such the Head of the Commonwealth".

>Upon hearing this, King George VI told the Indian politician Krishna Menon: "So, I've become 'as such'".

>The other Commonwealth countries recognised India's continuing membership of the association.

>At Pakistan's insistence, India was not regarded as an exceptional case and it was assumed that other states would be accorded the same treatment as India.

You are very mean

>blacks are ~12% of population

>black history month is ~8% percent of months

underrepresented desu, they should get half of march too

Fucking hell that caught me off guard.

you don't actually have to be black to go to a black university, that's why they are called "historically" black colleges and universites" (hbcu)

cuz muh slavry nigga raycis azz cracka

no one actually cares about black history month though

The original Rockefeller was. Mansa musa was essentially the medieval equivalent of a Saudi prince renting an entire Boeing 747 for his collections of Falcons.

Why isn't there a white or Asian history month, this racist towards other groups. I thought liberals were all about being inclusive of other groups

>black history month is located in the shortest month of the calendar year

With the sheer amount they bitch and moan you have to. We even have a black president but it doesn't matter.

Donald Trump is white

Had* my bad G rizzle

We have 11 white history months

No you don't, where is the official white history month? The other months are about general American history.

what history do they even talk about?

>Ayo mang, we invented peanut buttah n shieet.

It's even sadder when you realize they didn't.

There is an Asian one idiot.

Valentine's Day is right in the middle of Black History Month.

I literally buy some chicken, draw a pentagram in the fire pit in my backyard, set up my camping tripod, and start the fire. When the fire is big is enough I take my battered and oiled chicken drumsticks, wrap tinfoil around them and hang them from the tripod. While they're frying I play Biggie Smalls' "Ready To Die" on my phone.

I came up with idea for luls on a drunken night and actually went through with it, I had some chicken drumsticks in the fridge anyway and it turned out delicious.

I do this on Feb 1st every year as my own little tradition. A buddy of mine now comes over to join me, been doing it for about 4 years now.

youtu.be/0fYL_qiDYf0

youtu.be/f2RdaHh0U-s

That's pretty much what I do that whole night. Oh and now we drink 40s of Steel Reserve.

The fresh prince of bel-air

Cory In the House
Will Smith
Titty sprinkles guy
That black guy from Predator
Snoopie Sogg
Will Smith
Samuel Jackson
Michael Jackson
Will Smith
Obama
Big Smoke
Kanye West
Roofieman
Chuck Berry

Jesus

Astrologers proclaim the week of black history. Population of WE WUZ KANGZ doubles!

Wait we do?
The fuck

2 NUMBAH NINES

Yes

Snide remark by some insecure man-child right before getting off a bus

I think that's actually a plus for them. I mean, having no cultural heritage in the form of attachement to some other people from some other country makes them, well, fre, and truly attached to their country. It's also far better than having a meme-tier cultural heritage attachment anyway.

However most of black american things are retarded. Like that 'black history month' thing. It's like giving green light to divisive, segregationist narratives of 'we' and 'them'. In addition to just being incredibly retarded per se.

Do you have fennoswede history month in Sweden?

A wrestler? Seriously? Come on.

>look it up
>it's true
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

No, not seriously. Google him.

Commonwealth realms (such as Five Eyes other than the US) are different from members sof the Commonwealth en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_realm

Due to the racist nature of American history, "general American history" is white.

That's what happens when you genocide the natives and create a slave race.

bantered by google again, yet again

WHAT

Did the NAACP pay for this hogwash?

>google

the one and only

>He doesn't know that blacks invented everything

They wuz kingz for a reason

amerisharts are retarded and think its normal to have a separate month for one race because they're apparantly terrified of just integrating black history into normal american history