/favourite operator/ thread, NO SEAGAL edition

In this thread we post our favourite operators and explain why they are our favourite operators. Only rule is you can't choose steven seagal in any of his roles, especially not those shitty new ones where he's wearing a three quarter length coat and has a watch on each hand.. Okay I'll start:

My favorite operator is Leon, from The Professional. He's a cold hearted killer, but he has a soft spot for plants, milk, and preteen girls. I really dig his look.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rPXySex7pH8
thelastpsychiatrist.com/2012/04/why_we_love_sociopaths.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CdPxyAWV7FE
youtu.be/pf-Amvro2SY?t=2m50s
youtube.com/watch?v=Dsydc10X59M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Equalizer
Robert McCall was a smooth, classy badass.
The suits, the guns, the car, the gadgets...
being older was NOT a limitation for McCall, it was an assett.
>too bad the recent movie remake didn't live up to Woodward's gravitas

My favourite operator is Robert Scott from David Mamet's Spartan. He's completely professional and has a vast store of operator techniques, including psychological training to disorient foes as in the scene where he goes into the house where the bad guys are and questions why the television was on. He eventually goes rogue to save the Girl.

I hate that they had to made his character appear more 'simple-minded' to negate any pedo overtones

youtube.com/watch?v=rPXySex7pH8

My favourite is Vincent from Collateral.

It's Tom Cruise's peak before his scientology crap was found out and it was 80's hero worship all combined up into creating his flawless character in the movie.

Movie itself has a lot of interesting things going on but with Vincent he describes his motivations and his philosophy openly, which is unusually well made for this type of character.

He reminds me of Lorne Malvo. I don't know why I admire these characters so much, maybe is it because they are our aspirational selves?

thelastpsychiatrist.com/2012/04/why_we_love_sociopaths.html

forgot to post this link as analysis.

Vincent. He's willing to get his hands very dirty to achieve his objective in the most efficient manner, but always remains a professional. He chases his targets on full throttle, while also remaining stylish.

When things are in a frenzy, he keeps his finger calm on the trigger, waiting to pounce like a lion in the African desert.

Forgot this

youtube.com/watch?v=CdPxyAWV7FE

you'll enjoy this

Jason Priestley in Coldblooded. A little knows gem of a film. I want it on blu really bad.

>plants
*potted plant
Please get this detail right
There was only one plant and it was potted plant
He was a good friend

youtu.be/pf-Amvro2SY?t=2m50s

where is the material

the professor

Michael Westen. What separates him from other operators is his knowlege. He also helps the little guys.

>the scene where he goes into the house where the bad guys are and questions why the television was on.

Elaborate?

Based Peckinpah reporting in

or Pike Bishop in The Wild Bunch

The Jackal

youtube.com/watch?v=Dsydc10X59M

pic related is best i have seen and a much better version of the Jackal

what the fuck is an operator?

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Special ops

>no seagal

Well, I'm sorry to hear that...

Even tho he soiled himself with capeshit, you have to admit he looks good in soldier roles! They fit him nicely, i expected a lot of him after Hurt Locker pitty he strayed in other direction.

John Creasy from Man on Fire

Creasy bear!!

A dank /k/ meme about spec ops, soldiers, mercenaries, etc

parody of all the stupid military jargon used to describe shit, they cant just be soldiers, they have to be OPERATORS