If you had to be the greatest athlete in one sport/discipline, what would it be and why?

If you had to be the greatest athlete in one sport/discipline, what would it be and why?

Tennis table, no need to explain why.

100m because glory n shiet

starting pitcher, easily. only play once every five games, several months off each year, unbelievably huge contracts, unbelievably huge endorsements, wiggle room with your public behavior because pitchers are supposed to be weird...they have the life

Football or basketball because of money and I'd be relevant for more than 2 weeks every 4 years

Boxing

Coolest, richest, fight when you want and it's potentially a useful skill in day to day life

Or golf, seems like ultimate comfy

Sack Race because it's going to make a huge comeback.

Adding to this. Baseball players have on average the longest careers of the four major sports. No need to fear for CTE or broken hips

I'm sure most people could become an olympic level archer if they practiced enough

Pole vaulting, so I could get it on with Eliza

100m seems pretty based

basketball, because
- ridiculous NBA contracts and sponsors endorsements (180 millions max for 5 years according to the last agreement),
- no risk to be a vegetable at 40 like handegg players
- being able to play for your national team, unlike baseball players

Sprinting for sure, because main event.
I would want to run the 400M and win that shit too though unlike Bolt. After 400M though fuck that other shit

football because makes the most money

100m to take it from the blacks

Yeah this is true though, I was thinking about olympic sports still but basketball is my #1 sport so why not be the best at the best sport plus also get a nice contract

>playing for basketball NT
>not American
nah

who gives a fuck? I'd be the greatest basketball player, I'd carry my team on my shoulder to the gold medal and get eternal glory

>If you had to be the greatest athlete in one sport/discipline

you won't be able to beat Bolt

Football because you'd pretty much become a god, I don't know how this is even a question

Golf or short distance runner/swimmer

Three legged race, because I could do it without a partner.

American football, on defense corner back on offense thight end, why? I just love the game and those are my favorite positions

golfers are never home, their wives are always on tour with them if they don't have kids, and they're expected to live up to rigid ideals publicly

WWE Divas Champion

kek

Ballet.

>be the only non gay dude.
>flexable chicks.
>boom

Golf definitely.
If you were the GOAT you could literally become a God among men as it is the most relevant sport in the world and carrying a small country to glory at a tournament would cement you as a legend forever.

Also modern clubs encourage you to live a healthy lifestyle and not ruin your career by clubbing and shit. (Retards still do it though)

Money is only an afterthought after all that for me.

Literally no clue why i said gold kek. Football*

you know humanity has to be exterminated when braindead assholes like Ribéry or Ibrahimovic are treated as gods amongst men

I don't think there's one that's perfect in my eyes that it's the obvious one for me.

QB is ideal, best sport, THE position, but fuck those big ass niggers like Von Miller hitting you.

Soccer would be cool if the country actually cared. I don't watch it much, but probably the only multi nation event that people legit get really excited over. Blowing out other countries be would be the best feeling ever. Olympics doesn't just do it for me with shit like swimming and running for like a whole 15 seconds.

If I wanted money and not do much and stay safe, baseball probably. If a peak Bonds type player was a DH, he'd still be paid like 25m a year probably.

A sport where the international scene matters. Winning a world cup must be something really special.

>QB is ideal, best sport, THE position, but fuck those big ass niggers like Von Miller hitting you

There would be hits indeed But you wouldnt become the GOAT without a good o-line protecting you

The death march

>QB
>Best sport
>The position
Nice meme faggot

Golf, actually.

>if you had to be the greatest
not
>you are now the greatest by default

>be the only non gay dude.

kek, ok buddy...

Boxing or MMA

Not only could you reach Ali-tier glory but you pretty much only have to fight 1-2 times a year.

Probably golf or tennis. Ton of money, mostly from endorsements where you don't have to do anything but wear their shit. Could still walk on the street with most people not having a fucking clue who I am.
A lot of leeway with how much you have to "work" because you can literally skip a tournament you don't feel like playing in. You could basically rake in hundreds of millions a year, play the 4 opens, and be done with it.

leaning towards golf because longer career and less recognition.

If you actually want the fame like a dumbass then basketball or pitcher.

>If over night I became the best in the world
F1 driver
Massive pay cheques
Get to drive the best cars in the world on the best tracks in the world
Downsides are you have to be light and constant pressure to perform
>If I was given to resources and funding to make myself the greatest at a young age
Surfing or golf (f1 as well but going for something different)
Both are a dream lifestyle. Getting the best breaks/courses to yourself and getting paid for it. Both have great sponsorship for clothes and shit that have great style

Golf because the top golfers make fucking HEAPS of cash and they can play professionally until they're like 50.

>a leaf
I dont think you understood the question

soccer
>rule the EPL and fuck all those euro women
>win olympic and world cup glory for the USA
>still lurk Sup Forums and watch brits seethe at the mention of my name

>EPL

I'd be a fat pitcher and make shitloads of money in a nice long career.

I'd be Bartolo fucking Colon

Australian Rules Footy

Unlimited girls at home, but anonymity overseas

Leaf (A, Fucking) has made me question the OP. Do you mean if I were able to be the greatest, or do you mean if I had (was forced) to become the greatest which sport would I pick?

If I could be any athlete I would probably pick long jump or 100m or similar short burst events where pain and fatigue aren't factors (even the best marathoner or 1500m runner is in fucking agony towards the end).

If I were forced to become the best at something I would just pick trap or skeet or something like that.