Does anyone here play one wall handball?

Does anyone here play one wall handball?

It's a really fun sport, but not many people outside of the New York City area seem to know what it is.

It can be played with either a paddleball (small ball), or a racquetball (big blue), but the latter is far more common and easier to play.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK90Mq71qb8

Here are some elite players in NYC

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M0NDnmHDzyw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_pelota
rio2016.com/en/handball
youtube.com/watch?v=GuzctBHKJsA
youtube.com/watch?v=Bz8ySuZl2nc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so jai alai for poors?

Not really

That looks like the pelota vasca. Pretty neat
youtu.be/M0NDnmHDzyw

its really popular in prisons

interesting

1 wall or 3 wall, though?

yeah similar but different

Who /suicide/ here?

Sounds like what we called wall ball when I was a kid.

Here is midly common in UnĂ­. Also, there is a place near my home where doctors and builders (construction workers) play during weekends, with a one hand handicap because they always carry a beer

I think when people say "wallball" they're usually referring to that asses up game, though

or suicide

We played wallball in middle school. We didn't swat the ball or anything, we just got a tennis ball and bounced it off the wall. If you touched it and dropped it, you had to go touch the wall before someone else hit it with the ball or else everyone got to rub your mom's tits that weekend.

Killing the ball perfectly so it rolls is the most satisfying thing ever in handball

Also I love this sport because it's manlet friendly

i lost so many friends in middle school over this game
no wonder high school wasn't much fun...

Does the game resemble what's in the OP video?

That's downball, we played it with a tennis ball all through highschool.

Also, four-square is the shit

Bump

We threw a ball against a wall in elementary school, but if you missed a catch then whoever got it after got to hit someone with the ball as hard as they could, or something like that.

only thing i know about this shit sport is that the niggers at the local project petitioned to get a handball court built onto their blacktop and me and my fellow taxpayers had to finance it.

>asking for a place to hang out, be active, and play a game instead of becoming fat, law breaking pieces of shit

How awful

1. That's a good use of tax dollars, stop crying

2. It's not that popular among blacks where I live (the GOAT handball player is black, though)

well if that's what they were going for, it didn't work. all they do is play basketball and smoke weed. besides all you need is a fucking wall, that's not a good reason to stand in front of city hall and block traffic for two weeks. could hardly even get into the bank next door either.

Maybe use that court yourself and realize how much fun the game is

it's squash for people that can't afford the racket?

>all they do is play bball and smoke weed

I don't see a problem with this

yeah because you're a teenager who doesn't have any responsibilities. i had to wait outside the bank for ten minutes one time just to use the freaking ATM. ATMs are supposed to be convenient.

More like racquetball with only one wall and no racquet

>I had to wait 10 minutes
>ten whole minutes
>600 seconds

If anything you sound like a teenager you small minded piece of shit. I mean how dare you have to wait a tiny bit longer for what you want once in a while?!

it usually takes about 45 seconds to use the ATM at that time of day. and the funniest part about this whole thing is that time of day was 12:30pm my lunch break. so all these niggers with no jobs trying to get other people to buy them something. brings a smirk to my face.

Here are popular by solitary friendless boys in upper middle class condominiums, but football. I played a lot of it other boys only play with me because i'm are the ball owner ;_;

...what

It's called pelote basque in french. There are dozens disciplines, with bare hands, paletas, chisteras...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque_pelota

last time i was at that handball court a group of spics beat the shit out of some nigger with a metal pipe on the board walk in broad daylight and nobody gave a shit. was funny. thanks for reminding me of that OP.

No, but I have played Eton Fives, which I guess you could describe as three wall handball on crack.

Such is life in the US of A.

nah, that's just how ghetto niggers act when they're in large groups.

Stop shilling your homo ''''sport''''

Where is that, Far Rockaway?

Also, pls leave NYC, we don't need any racist hillbillies

new york was founded on racism. move out west to one of those cities with a spanish name if you don't want to deal with it.

>decades ago people here were racist so it's ok to be racist now

Nice logic

we only play first world sports in england lad

of course it's okay to be racist, we live in america where we can have any opinion we want. although that might change in 40 odd years when your shit generation takes charge.

Or you can stay put in Tottenville and not deal with scawy minorities

And I can have an opinion about your opinion, retard

yeah but let's not pretend that people from your generation want that to be anything less than federal law.

An SJW extremisr doesnt represent the opinion of all non-racists

And why "my generation"? When were you born, like 1989?

1983. and if that's an extremist opinion then obama is an extremist.

Obama never said anything about wanting to restrict free speech.

Also you're 12 years older than me, and people my age vs yours aren't much different

Be honest, do you live in Staten Island?

Wow, someone else played this game? I always thought kids at my school made it up.

obama has tried to pass a lot of federal laws that infringed upon state rights. and i was in college before you even started high school, you and me are not alike.

12 years is nothing, we're both young still

12 years is a very long time, especially when you're comparing people who grew up before the turn of the century and after 9/11. when i was in high school there were kids who had handguns in their glove compartments while they were parked on school grounds, and it was completely legal. it was a different time.

Sorry, I am white.

I see this game played on one of the courts next to NYU W 4th street stop all the time.

I'm a transplant to Manhattan (like everyone else here), so I haven't seen this game outside of that.

It was never legal for a non-certified peace officer to carry on a school campus, we just did it because it was deer season or whatever and had to put our rifles in the truck.

No one cared. We had pocket knives and shit also. The only way you could fix your football pads, in most cases, since we were too poor for equipment managers.

Tons of white people play, you hick retard

Gun laws have gotten more lax since then. Having a handgun on school grounds was never tolerated.

yes it was fully legal everywhere before 1990. then it became vehicle carry. then it was none at all.

Where did you come from? Are you an NYU student?

What? Concealed and open carry is legal in way more places now than 1990. Also there was an "assault weapons ban" from 1994 to 2004.

Where do you live? You never answered me

they didn't pass a federal law prohibiting open carry in schools until 1990. and handguns aren't an assault weapon.

Not in your OP video.

From Virginia. We played normal handball like this without the mommy tit touching.

And yes, I'm a law student there.

Meant wallball not handball

So? That's one game

It's not like the average person carried a gun to school, or that most schools allowed it

mine did.

Is this also only played in New York? Played it all throughout childhood and assumed it was an American pastime but OP seems to indicate otherwise

I played in elementary school

Now I play squash, it's really similar

We played this exact game in elementary here in Canada.

I think it was a pretty popular game

it's just squash/racquetball for people who cant afford racquets.
you mightaswell play tennis with not racquet.

we played a variety of this in high school in nz

we use to play similar game here in scotland when we were kids, except you'd use your feet and a football and you'd be further back from the wall.
it was usually called 'shapes'.
Another popular street game was kirby.
Or 'triangles' which was like a game of football but with only one goal, in which was a neutral keeper, and everyone would be in teams of 2.
So if you had 7 people you'd have 3 teams and 1 keeper, and everyone trying to score into the same goal. That was a great game.

also i'll say; i feel sorry for kids nowadays.
most of them are stuck indoors all the time.
i was outside every night until dark when i was kid, messing around with my mates.
i really worry for future generations.

literally just squash without a racket and old white people

No, the specific game you see in the OP is endemic to NY, however other wall games are played elsewhere

Not true, fag. It's more fun than racquetball.

Only cholos play that shit out here

And they use their hand as the paddle

Umm no shit, it's called handball

>this guy mad as hell while defending his fringe "sport"

lol

If table tennis is a sport, then so is handball

>If table tennis is a sport, then so is handball

it is and it's already in the olympics you stupid amerifat
rio2016.com/en/handball

Our wallball was like OP's but with a bigger ball.

That's European Handball, I was obviously referring to American Handball you maple syrup guzzling faggot

then no. your garbage game that stole it's name from an actual sport isn't even played at the also-ran world games unlike the far superior squash and racquetball

yes it is

youtube.com/watch?v=GuzctBHKJsA

youtube.com/watch?v=Bz8ySuZl2nc

doubles is a little more entertaining to watch