Africa

Why was Africa the only continent which didn't develop its own civilisation? Why did literally all subsaharan Africans remain simple hunter-gatherers until European contact?

They have all those natural resources. Why didn't they AT LEAST develop metalworking? Why did they only use simple flint tools until European contact?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo-Ukwu
museumofafricanart.org/en/bronze-sculpture.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hmmmm

their dumb

i dont know how advanced they were

Because niggers

RRRRACISTS GET OUT :D :D

Australia didn't either, Abos were always hunter gatherers without statelike entities that did not practise agriculture.

Nordics are dumb

Can we at least tone the racism down during black history month?

DELET THAT PIC

This, mediterranians were the smart ones.

Because the white men came and stole their accomplishments, enslaving them :^(

FUG Ethiopia amirite? :D

>>
They did, most of those civilizations were already in decline though by the time Europe showed up and knocked them down another peg.

Also recording history via oral tradition was a very bad choice.

BOY YOU GOD

Same for Scandinavia 2bh

holy shit is no one going to reply to this? Sup Forums eternaly BTFO

we wuz med and shieet

Don't be a Penisia.

>Why did literally all subsaharan Africans remain simple hunter-gatherers until European contact?

Barely and I mean barely anyone h&g back then during first contact completely.

>They have all those natural resources. Why didn't they AT LEAST develop metalworking?

They did if you bother actually use Google. You have technological resources and books at your disposal why aren't you using those resources?

Where's green?

whad dou yu miin ,?

>not even ships holy hell

I'm waiting for him. Yes.

honestly, they lived a simpler life and were probably a lot happier

t-romantic guy

it's full of niggers

>Why did literally all subsaharan Africans remain simple hunter-gatherers until European contact?

They didn't. Agriculture was independently discovered and widely practiced throughout many areas in Sub-Saharan Africa, and many complex political structures such as cities, kingdoms, and empires developed.

Ethiopia and Nubia have had civilizations longer than us to be fair, even if they weren't that impressive.

West coast and somalia managed somewhat in places, even if it was shit

Subsaharan african "civilisations" were just awful, maybe because the xhosa and bantu africans are even more subhuman?
Maybe because there is no motive to make civilisations or predisposition towards waiting and planning there when you have unlimited grassy plains and whatever you want if you run after it and stab it?

West Africa has very limited natural harbours due to lack of indentation.

That's complete bs though user but nice try using audacity to make up for your posts lack of substance.

>white people claim they evolved better long term planning abilities
>yet their welfare states are all racking up huge amounts of debt because of short sightedness

well, since you asked about all of africa..
what are egypt and carthage?

>all those overlapping lines
>big empty spaces

I can't take this pseudointellectual shit seriously. They didn't into civilization becuase they nigged too much.

>Why didn't they AT LEAST develop metalworking?

They did though, some West African peoples even had a god of metal working

They dumb lol

Also Haya people probably had better steel than the rest of the world for centuries
>They are believed to be some of the earliest inhabitants in the area to practice metal work which allowed them to create various new forms of pottery.
>these furnaces were carbon-dated and were found to be as old as 2000 years.
>Steel of similar quality did not appear in Europe until several centuries later.
Look it up

Because they're a bunch o fniggers barely a step above animals but not worth as much as one. Niggers can barely be considered human because of how much like animals they look.
Look at Mesoamerica, that's complete isolation not having cradles of civilization to your east and north yet amerndians built better societies while not even having livestock animals or horses. Africans were the only ones to not domesticate the dog. Whats the excuses for this ?

>tl;dr
niggers are subhuman

they did, much later than the rest of the world probably cuz they all lived tribes isolated from eachother and the rest of the world

better question is, why isn't the country Ghana in the same place as the kingdom Ghana was?

This

the Igbo are very interesting

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igbo-Ukwu

Sup Forums just fuck off

>t-they did something literally the whole world did but just decided to stop there, therefore they are smart
nuhuh sweetie

Australian Aboriginals have most ancient cultural civilisation on Earth :^)

you americans suffer from blacks there that make you a nigger hater

name a one igbo scientist

Not possible due simply to the fact that they live in Australia.

How come some manlet natives completely cut off from every civilization to ever exist did a better job then some africans close to great civs like egypt and Carthage

Ha ha got him there!

Name ONE white American inventor.

Nikola Tesla and Henry Ford

I dunno man, google turns up nothing when I search them.

Instead it asks me "Did you mean Lewis Howard Latimer?".

Those inventors you mentioned must be pretty fringe.

>Why was Africa the only continent which didn't develop its own civilisation?
>what was mali
>what was songhai
>what were the zulu
>what was FUCKING EGYPT

>ALL European written languages are the direct descendants of Levantine writting system
Very interesting.

They did develope metalwork

> t. Jared M. Diamond

>Egypt
Kek nice try

>implying they didn't learn the trade from colonial masters

Are you denying that Egypt is Africa or that it was civilized. Because it certainly is both even if not subsaharan line they did have a nubian king once

because everytime you have to cross a desert you end up smarter

>be a nigger
>cross sahara
>become arab
>be an loo
>cross gobi
>become asian

t. Sup Forums

Bronze workart is precolonial

museumofafricanart.org/en/bronze-sculpture.html

Those Ife terracotta works date back up to 1000 AD so no

Because being an "advanced civilisation" for the sole purpose of being an advanced civilisation is barely useless cause we all gonna die whatever how "smart" we are. African people (sorry for not using nigger), maybe just don't need our tech and i don't think that makes them less happy than us or something. We love to contemplate people that we think are less useful than us because for some biological reason we think that the circle of life is a giant dick contest.

We must cross space.

T. Heart of Darkness

It worth the read? Never heard about this book

Nigga they are starving to death and eating mud if they are happy like that they are literally dumb

>Belgian
This comment made my fucking day.

Change nothing about what i said. Some EU people think that brazil people are useless shit and you think that african people are useless shit. We're all the nigger of someone else whatever we are.

We are tho, and i can guarantee you nobody here is happy like you fuckers love to say

I've never learned to read that kind of books and i have a very little culture about the kind of stuff my "ancestors" did in africa, just some basic informations about congo

It's worth a read, or you can see a more modern American film version that's different in setting but, has very similar themes called Apocalypse Now

>Keep being angry on the internet
Now I understand why you love to hate africa :^)

Philip Emeagwali literally won the Gordon Bell Prize

>on the internet
youre just a retard that goes ''oh they are just happy'' while having everything and they have to fight to survive everyday

you know what's funny? starvation in africa is mainly caused by colonization and not their lack of technology

they weren't nearly as hungry, had as many diseases or had this much war before euros kicked them out of the coast, turned them against each other and created their own geographical delimitations.

I'll order the book tomorrow and whatch the movie this night, thanks

I never said they're happy in an absolute way dumbass, i said that i think that they're not less happy than the rest of the world. And perhaps, i'm wrong, it happens

I don't know who that is so it doesn't count

>The Jesuits were the first to bring cinchona to Europe. The Spanish were aware of the medicinal properties of cinchona bark by the 1570s or earlier: Nicolás Monardes (1571) and Juan Fragoso (1572) both described a tree that was subsequently identified as the cinchona tree and whose bark was used to produce a drink to treat diarrhea.

>Quinine also played a significant role in the colonization of Africa by Europeans. Quinine had been said to be the prime reason Africa ceased to be known as the "white man's grave".

Yeah im pretty sure they just die with joy when some crazy warlord come to eat their hearts, just like a swede when he gets back home from work

Dude you need to jack off or something. Calm yo tits

Read the book "Guns, Germs and Steel". It's far from perfect but it gives a general overview of why some places developed faster then others.

The main thing about Africa is that its geography made technology and useful plants and animals spread much slower to it that it did to for example Europe.

in historical context 'believed' basically means 'we have no proof'

They did. Much of Africa was roughly at Iron Age or Medieval levels before Europe came in.

Europe's borders weren't the cleanest back in the Middle Ages either.

pretty sure swedes kill themselves more though

HOL DA FUK UP

tigers, lions, hippos

Read a book

People throughout the continent were agrarian. Even when the Bantu colonizers brought plant farming with them to South Africa the native Khoisan peoples already practiced goat herding.

There is a correlation to technological increase based on colder weather, there's been a few papers about it.
Most super hot places on earth developed slowly.

Sources?

Maybe it's because those empires didn't exist all at the same time and the borders changed.

Amerindians weren't totally cut off. Mesoamerica had a higher population density than most of Africa at the time. Higher population density = more urbanization = more specialization of labor. Once they had agriculture for a sufficiently long amount of time, agriculture and civilization started to diffuse from mesoamerica. Agriculture and civilization also started in South America in Peru, look up Norte Chico.

And Africans did learn a lot from Egypt. Nubia copied a lot of culture from Egypt. Ethiopia also started developing way before the rest of sub Saharan Africa because they were close to the middle East.

If you bothered to look at the top of the image you'd notice that the map covers all the time from the Carthaginians trough the Umayyads

Do you have some notion that Europeans borders would look any cleaner and non-overlapping than African polities in the same time frame?

>In the history of Europe, the Middle Ages or medieval period lasted from the 5th to the 15th century.
>Leonard Digges invented the theodolite in 1551.

Civilization started in hot climates, see Egypt, Indus Valley, Mesopotamia, etc.

guess you never read about the empire of Mali?