Is metalcore finally making a comeback? This is some of the heaviest shit I've seen in years

Is metalcore finally making a comeback? This is some of the heaviest shit I've seen in years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8rkqBhO_x8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this album is literally nu male hardcore though

Came here to post this. Also this decade there have been solid releases from

Converge
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The Chariot
Every Time I Die
Car Bomb
Rolo Tomassi

and you think it's coming back because of a shitty watered down approach to hardcore?

You're pathetic and that is one boring-ass weak record.

Care to elaborate? The lyrics just seem like your typical "fuck you and fuck everything" type of stuff. Aside from the terrible clean vocal songs it's just pure breakdowns and heavy guitars.

>The Chariot

underrated as fuck.

yeah well so is Attack Attack

>THIS IS REAL NOW
>MOTHER
>FUCKER

I miss those cheesy, edgy one liners before breakdowns.

This album is everything that's wrong with Kurt Ballou produced metalcore. I'm sick of those over-used canned feedback squeeks.

Aside from the production, the songwriting is weak. Taking the most surface level ingredients of other genres (industrial and grunge in this case) doesn't work. "Heavier" and more experimental hardcore released come out every month. Maybe you should immerse yourself in the genre before claiming it's making a comeback

I mean a comeback as in mainstream types are starting to notice again. Recently Yuth Forever (formerly Villains) and iwrestledabearonce have been putting out great stuff but no one has noticed.

>metalcore
>heaviest
wew lad

>wanting metalcore to make a comeback

for what purpose

Name bands with heavier breakdowns that aren't just metalcore at their roots

youtube.com/watch?v=8rkqBhO_x8I

They don't go on tonight until about 1 and Gatecreeper isn't until about 12 and it's only $15-20 and the weather's perfect so looks like I'm definitely going. I fucking love that Gatecreeper album and I really warmed up to Code Orange last time I heard it.

embarrassing

I'm pretty sure that's a harmonic squeak not feedback so that really has a minimal amount to do with Kurt. I'm seeing them tonight so I'll listen for a comparison.

I'm surprised a lot of Sup Forums posters ever listened to metalcore to begin with.

There's nothing wrong with the dissonant, punk and mathy breed of metalcore. Unless you're talking about the boyband metal stuff

I'm mostly talking about that huge deal back in the 00's when we had stuff ranging from Norma Jean to Devil Wears Prada all the way to Horse the Band. The genre was all over the place and it pretty much only appealed to teenagers. I might be in a minority for still liking this stuff well into my 20's.

I know people nearing their 40's who still enjoy stuff like Genghis Tron and Horse The Band. Don't sweat it

wow that's utter shit

Isn't Converge supposed to put out a new album this year?

Car Bomb is tighter than fuck.

They are tracking it in march

Don't call it a comeback

It's been here for years
Rocking it's peers, putting suckas in fears
Makin' the tears rain down like a monsoon
Listen to the bass go boom
Explosions, overpowerin'
Over the competition I'm towerin'
Wrecking shop when I write these lyrics
That'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you better move