>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Wff7W97PDk
youtube.com/watch?v=m3BRf3WKEoI
google.com/search?q=guitar confiscated ebay&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
youtube.com/watch?v=eOsy6kP2VYs
justinguitar.com/en/TE-101-FingerStretchExercise.php
justinguitar.com/en/TE-110-TheFingerGym.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just bought a Super Sonic 22 head and a 2 x 12 cab with a V30 and G12H30.

Can't wait to plug it in when the cab arrives. How'd I do on the speakers? Did I get memed and there are way better speakers for the price out there?

Does that guitar have flooring tiles on it? How does that effect the toans?

It makes the guitar sound really dirty

PRS, Gibson or a Japanese Epi? I have only played cheap guitars before and can't decide.

Buckeye burl top. Changing your guitar's aesthetic changes its tone, just ask fretboard wood enthusiasts

Japanese Ibanez

Go to a store and try them all out if you can. Everyone's answer will be preference and different guitars of the same model will play differently out of the box.

That said, I had great luck with my Japanese Fender copy, don't see why a Gibson copy like a Love Rock would be any different. Spent about $650 and got about $1400 worth of guitar. Gotta do your research though.

is gg the closest thing to kpop generals here, except gear is the waifu?

Except having more than one gearfu will not ruin your laifu.

>dadrockers on 16" radius

Get a Japanese Fender. Fender Japan kicks the shit out of anything American Fender throws out.

>large radius fret boards

Makes me want to vomit.

The Epiphone is the only one I can't try but people really seem to like it. PRS is somewhat in the same price range and seems alright. Gibson has a feel and sound I like but costs 1000-2000 more. But thanks

>user asks for PRS, Gibson, or budget Gibson model recommendations
>Proceed to ignore his preferences and recommend Fender for some reason

k

I hear Super Sonic amps have a lot of issues, even when brand new. Keep the receipt handy.

Bubinga!

id buy a japanese fender but that's only because im a fucking weaboo

I've heard about those issues as well so I tested the amp before I bought it. The one I've got doesn't have them. (stuff like popping when swapping channels)

Apart from the general loudness I mean.

do electric guitars really sound different
what makes them do that
what defines a "good" sound and what makes a "shitty" sound?

i mean if a really talanted guy had to record with a $100 guitar and a cheap effects pedal, would it kind of sound okay?

I prefer mahogany toneplugs to be honest. Tightens up your tone like no other

Why would you want a pointy strap button?

bait

word my £100 squire starter kit sounds just as good as a gibson

Warehouse used to have great speakers for the price, used to be able to fill a 4x12 for $200 with some great knock off v30s. Theyre a little more expensive now, they have a couple original styles to for around $90, ive seen some celestions go for twice that. One of my projects this summer is going to be to build 2 identical 2x12s and load them with warehouse speakers and then the same speaker from the original manufacturer to a/b them.

If its stick on plastic then it'll sound brittle, if it's marble itll be super heavy.

Nice, I went with Avatar this time to minimize fuckery since this is my first actual cab. Spending a little extra is fine for some piece of mind and the price isn't too bad to begin with anyways.

Be sure to post your results. I'm very interested to hear what you come up with.

>Strat with an f hole
Who thought this was a good idea...kys

I've got two MIJ Fenders and about eight USA made Fenders and there's nothing particularly "better" about either, The 1980s MIJ Fenders were far better made than the US Fenders of the time but that was the whole reason Fullerotn closed down production, redesigned, retooled and released the US Standards.

The reputation that Fender Japan has/had is just a hangover to a brief period when there were no US Fenders or no good US Fenders. Modern Fender guitars are every bit as good as the MIJ ones and the US pickups are far better. Some MIJ guitars have really weak pickups that just don't come close to something like a 1983 Fender X1 pickup.

If you're really good you can make a shitty guitar sound great, but electronics inside, wood etc. affect sound. You can tell a by sound what guitar is which.

Dude, Scott Grove is gonna cry.

i can't get rid of the buzzing strings on my guitar

it happens whenever i hit the strings just a liiiiittle bit hard, not even too hard

i tried adjusting the action to get rid of this but then it's too high

can this be fixed somehow or is my guitar just shit? it's an ibanez rg370dx

you didn't buy a fender?
literally your own fault

Scott Grove talks a hell of a lot of sense about guitar playing and Fender guitars but he's blinkered into thinking that modern US Fenders aren't up to scratch. He's made Fender Japan his personal God and is too pig-headed to change his opinion now.

what kind of wood makes better sound?
or is it up to preference of the guitarist?
and does wood really affect an electric guitar's sound that much? i thought it only really matters for acoustic

oh boy

here we go

the fender trees are the only wood you need

what's a fender tree look like?

Wood doesn't make a huge difference to anyone other than a very experienced guitarist (I'm talking electric here). Especially when compared to the other parts of your set up. The wood does matter more for acoustic.

I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you need something on some extreme end of the spectrum, like the look, or are a great guitarist that is trying to get the best sound possible and knows exactly what they want.

If you are the latter you will know it and you wouldn't be asking this question.

not like a gibson

thanks for answering my autistic questions

just taking a minute to hide all the weeaboo posts ... ok, that's better

I should add that I can't tell the difference personally and therefore don't care about wood. But I do know some people that would, at the least, avoid certain woods.

No doubt, get what you want, pay what you want, if you like it that's all that matters. Payong for piece of mind too. i just went with warehouses because i bought a marshall 1960 cab with no speakers for $100, and found an old ampeg bt4 cab with damaged speakers for the same about a month later. I found good reviews for them so i went with it for the ampeg, and i was so surprised i filled the marshall with them too. Theyre just something to consider in the future, especially if you're like me and realize the beauty of running a stereo rig.

Ill definetly post results here. Itll be sooner, depending on when i get a table saw.

Anyone ever built an acoustic guitar before? Thinking about building one from a kit.

Explain to me the differences between the Gretsch Jet club and the Gretsch Pro Jet for the price gap to be a hundred dollars.
Jet club - 300$
Pro jet - 400$
In terms of sound they are the same so what is the physical difference?

People who can hear the difference between ash and alder

>can
>not
>fucking
>play
>guitar

... so they spend their time worrying about trifling details that have little or no bearing on the sound of a guitar because a) it lets them appear intelligent and well-informed and b) it gives them an excuse not to practise.

And while I'm at it - a pickup's DC resistance value has no direct correlation to its output level.

*moves my strumming hand to the 12th fret*
*puts it down*
*lifts it off*
*repeats it seventeen times i actually lost which bar i was in actually i didn't know what bar i was in lol im not even counting haha*

why am i still a virgin, metal bros >.>

hand-selected tonewoods

What are you tolkien about my friend?

This is now a high end guitar general.

Squire fags OUT
Epiphone fags OUT
Diamond Series OUT
Ibanez OUT
PRS SE OUT
CHAPMAN OUT
DEAN OUT

Which company has superior build quality and tonal versatility anons? PRS/SchecterUSA/Fender/Gibson?

Are you saying youd be paying $100 for a different type of wood?

scene girl pussy ahhh...

actually no that metal thing err tapping loll

no, I'm taking the piss m8

>tapping
>metal thing
lol m8

How do people figure the differences between certain models of guitars that have huge price gaps with almost nothing sound wise to distinguish them apart

hmm no it is a metal thing

Out of those choices PRS has the best build quality/price ratio by far. Then Fender, Then Gibson (no idea about Schecter)

"Tonal Versatility" is a meme, that comes from playing proficiency.

one of the coolest guitars ive ever seen

yeah dude, van halen \m/ heavy fucking metal

rock shit, metal shit. all shit

but why am i still a virgin...

i own a fender
>got it used for $250
>brand new condition
haha fuckers im actually a poorfag

The pro jet is a full solid body guitar with Filtertron pickups and the jet club has a chambered body and generic humbuckers

upvoted bro \m/

rock boyz raise your horns.. \m/

rip dimebag dont forget to buy the signature guitar

Cheaper guitars cut corners in order to reduce the cost of material and the man hours required to build the guitar.

Paint and finish are cheaper; wood is not dehydrated properly, nut materials are cheap less resonant, pickups are made fast and usually overwound, the electronics are not soldered together but are glued together to save time and money. Frets are not finished.

The result is a guitar that warps in humid/dry environments, sounds muddy and because the pickups are unable to cleanly deliver the sound. The nut wears down, the tuners don't hold a tune.

The jump in quality from cheap to $500-$1000 is huge. The jump in quality at $1000 plus is honestly only going to be noticed by people with an ear for it. Normies and non players won't detect the differnces.

Basically though you should know that Stratocasters and ES-335s each have a distinct tone and i would bet most guitar players can easily pick out the two.

The cheap versions of these guitars all sound the same because the pick ups are too muddy to pick up the nuance.

This is with a strat:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Wff7W97PDk

This is with a gibson les paul
youtube.com/watch?v=m3BRf3WKEoI

However the entry level epiphone and squire will just have a muddy cheap distorted tone; which is actually ok for some types of music.

>tfw notation and i only play tab
ugh not metal..

If you like the grain pattern on a particalar species of wood; think that it is lighter, consider how rare how 'ethical' it is to chop down such a tree; how dehydrated it is, why wouldn't you pay more or less for the wood depending on how much you want it.

Your shit ass squire has a moist as fuck bullshit alder in it. Fuck off poorfag.

been playing guitar for a while now, how easy would it be to swap for the bass? is it a lot different?

Gr8 b8
If you read the posts at all youd know I was talking about Gretsch models without visible grain.
Also on a guitar nothing matters more than the sound and woods effect on sound with an electric is negligible.
Never heard anyone talk about their mahogany guitar.

Lack of reverb aside, how do they compare to Deluxes, Twins et al?

It takes a while to get your plucking technique up to the same level as your picking. And you have to be a lot more vigilante with string muting

Trying to trade a few things for an 80s charvel charvette. Guy is asking $450 with a hard case. Worth it? Seems to be a made in japan model, hss, trem looks like a standard one. How can I tell if its basswood or plywood (no memes please, Id avoid the plywood but all in if its basswood.)

ty

Comfy with low action, but method of torture if you prefer high action

You forgot BC Rich so suck me, faggot.

How bad of an idea is it buying guitars off ebay?

I live in a 3rd yuro country and the offer isn't that great locally.
Any good shops that deliver worldwide?

I believe one way to tell is if it has that like cut area on the back if it's like painted over and not a smooth finish all the way around its painted to hide the seam in which case it's plywood likely,

So is there any kind of quick swap solution for quickly switching out pick ups on the same guitar? So you could have multiple pick ups and just use them in the same guitar.

I've heard about guitars with banned woods (now Rosewood which is on damn near everything) getting confiscated by Ebay's international shipping department. Wouldn't trust it desu

Look at all these results

google.com/search?q=guitar confiscated ebay&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Cool, guess just feel around the body for seems?

youtube.com/watch?v=eOsy6kP2VYs

You're a different case than most, i wouldnt recommend it unless you had no other choice. But, in your case you just need to buy something with decent resell value. You have a good chance of buying a shit guitar if you cant play it first. That being said, i bought 3 guitars off ebay in my life, 2 were pretty decent for the price, one was really mediocre but playable.

With you, if you can get a much better deal online than locally, if you dont like what you get and its mildly in demand you could probably undercut the local businesses and still not lose money. Just be smart about it.

Thanks user! Is there any loss in sound quality over soldering them in?

wow nice axe dude! too bad it's not a fender.

Lmao, underage as fuck

Does anyone have experience with a Dimarzio Fred?
Have been wanting to replace the Dimarzio Area in my bridge with a humbucker for a solo sound with more mids/sustain/harmonics, but I want some clarity in the humbucker I replace it with.

How does the Fred sound compared to other pickups you've used?
Other pickups I've been considering are Dimarzio PAF Pro, 36th Anniversary, and the Norton.

Maybe that's it. I've never liked super low action with how hard I hit the strings. I like medium height and small radius boards help my tiny hands reach.

I figure it's one of those things that I might like a few years from now after I improve more. Granted, I've already been playing for 7 years...

Yeah feel around the seems, also tap it with like a pen or something you should be able to tell if it's some cheap shit from the sound of it

So I bought a bass (Squire P Bass because pleb), and I'm very quickly realizing that the fingers of my fretting hand (left) are weak as fuck. My middle finder is the only one strong enough to consistently hold down and not rattle. Other than heavy farmer walks and ridiculous hand strengthener contraptions, any specific exercises or techniques to explore?

buying a denfer

These
>justinguitar.com/en/TE-101-FingerStretchExercise.php
>justinguitar.com/en/TE-110-TheFingerGym.php

It's for guitar but it will work the same with the bass

No it'll fuck up the tendon in your hand.

Yeah if you overdo it

Well niggers, I'm going to get a Keisel guitar built. It's going to be a DC600 with flamed maple top and a Floyd Rose.
I'm going to sell my MIA Telecaster and use that money towards it.

Wish me luck

>Floyd Rose.
But why?

What else would I get with it? A Kahler?
Keisel doesn't have the Ibanez Edge bridge.

Hey /gg/ what are some of your fave amps? Be sure to mention the reason why