So Dr. Willy is based on Albert Einstein. Are japs still really salty towards Einstein...

So Dr. Willy is based on Albert Einstein. Are japs still really salty towards Einstein, or anyone involved in the Manhattan Project, for that matter?

einstein was not involved
even though his warnings ironically started it

This letter is all Einstein's involvement in the Manhattan Project. He was concerned about Nazi Germany, not Japan.

He wasn't part of the Manhattan Project but he was the one that conceived the atomic reaction and he was also one of the biggest advocates for the US to use nuclear power.

>he was the one that conceived the atomic reaction
no, it was szilard, pls remember, who was introduced by einstein to the us, einstein just knew the circle possible german work on it

Willy was still based on Einstein for the atomic bombing relation, tho, for whatever reason.

you and wrong and they are wrong

Are you japanese?
Something tells me you are japanese.

no, far from it

japanese wouldn't care

I always ask myself what Japan and America taugh in school about the two bombs.
We learned that America wasted trillions of dollars building the bomb, and they just nuked Japan because they got show it to USSR.

in the us they are taught that truman had to make a choice about saving lives and all that bs you see posted here

there is some problems with that interpretation

1. even if the us did invade the home islands it doesn't mean japan wouldn't surrender between say island 2-3
2. the idea was that every island would be hardest fought costing unimaginable loss of lives (after the firebombing campaign right before the atomic attack all their infrastructure was virtually gone so they can't zip around and defend all landing points) not only infeasible but undoable
3. the fit soldiers are all dead or captured so even if there are initial waves they would be using women and children next who actually contribute negatively to the fight as seen in germany it actually devastates morale

anyways you get it

Don't think too deeply into it. Einstein is just the typical "Scientist" guy.

Yeah, and he was German, so the "The german mad scientist", but reliable sources mentioned that he was based on Einstein specifically because of the nuclear formula. And while the American with poor grammar is right, Einstein's role was still significant in it's creation.

>Are japs still really salty towards Einstein
he's never been seen as a villain in japan, on the contrary he has always been popular since his first visit to japan in 1922. he's an icon of genus and eccentric scientist, which makes him a figure after which lots of characters are modeled in popular culture. i think it's not that different in the west.

Einstein was a Jew, not a German.

Thanks for responding, nippon.

>still hating Grandpa even seventy years later
Why Japan?

I'm sure in 2000 years time Americans will still be salty about those two towers in New York which took a plane or two to the cunt before tumbling down.
If it were America who got nuked twice during WW2, how do you think the the sentiments would be, if your suggestion were accurate (which it isn't)?

why not? we hate your grandpa.

>if your suggestion were accurate (which it isn't)
>implying you know more about my family history than I do
I honestly don't care about 9/11 that much, the only reason we're pissed is because it was an unjustified attack.
Sheesh, fine, be like that.

Good point, see Pearl Harbor.

I hate those kinds of people, they're fucking trash and they make all the Americans that DON'T feel that way look like utter assholes.

>more like based on an old manga character Dr. Ochanomizu