Why do I think everyone's taste is bad or a little better than average at best & mine is better than everyone's...

Why do I think everyone's taste is bad or a little better than average at best & mine is better than everyone's? I stopped posting here & rarely lurk anymore, but even now I think Sup Forums has pretty shit taste overall.

I wonder if it's the way this board shaped me around when I first started browsing here at age 13.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AYkr74PH050
youtube.com/watch?v=RltNzPeSSDI
youtube.com/watch?v=zyjdpYrSWQE
youtube.com/watch?v=mX_Y_QpdT24
youtube.com/watch?v=XJSjnAxZhbY
youtube.com/watch?v=9OI4GH-lKMY
youtube.com/watch?v=fxHhERW6990
youtube.com/watch?v=7RqGWXTm3E4
youtube.com/watch?v=Fv_F29h_qxM
youtube.com/watch?v=i2JnTD4rooc
apothecarycompositions.bandcamp.com/album/gargoyle
youtube.com/watch?v=HLSWWE4b4io
youtube.com/watch?v=7kj4sx5RtAA
rateyourmusic.com/collection/AntiWarhol/r4.5-5.0,ss.rd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pic

sounds like stacy wants a goth chad.

Also I often refrain from recommending people some of my favorites even though I know they will appreciate it & take from it. I feel guilt for this too.

so Pete Steele?

give some kind of example of your taste

>great tastes in music
haha yeah I love Joy Division too

Image is ironic, just having a laugh because I know this thread is dumb, but I really come here & try to find something worth anyone's time, but mostly it's empty. Sometimes I sharethreads have something.

across multiple genres or what I'm listening to now or what?

Ignoring OPs gay post about being underaged. I wish I was tall so more indie tumblr girls with shit taste in music would think I'm superficially attractive. My ex was like that. I miss cuddling during the cold months. It would snow and I'd get out early to clear it. She'd be by the door wearing her PJs and my sweatshirt waiting with a cup of hot cocoa for when I got back in from shoveling snow. And we'd watch a Friends marathon on the couch even though I hate that show but it was ok because we'd both be asleep 15 minutes in. And when we'd wake up from the nap I'd wake up just a little before her and I'd get a short moment to reflect on how lucky I was to be dating her and imagining our future together.

That looks like something I would've posted when I was 13, guess it doesn't change much.

If you have any interest at all in exploring music for yourself you probably have better taste in music than most of Sup Forums and the vast majority of people

Most people just see music is background noise for driving, dancing and browsing the internet

>tfw no gf :^(
just do top of all time I guess, easiest way to gauge someone's taste IMO and how else are we going to take the OP seriously without "proof"?

here are some tracks i'm currently coming back to often:

youtube.com/watch?v=AYkr74PH050

youtube.com/watch?v=RltNzPeSSDI

youtube.com/watch?v=zyjdpYrSWQE

youtube.com/watch?v=mX_Y_QpdT24 (best gymnopedie rendition i've ever heard, but strange buzz noise on this video )

youtube.com/watch?v=XJSjnAxZhbY

youtube.com/watch?v=9OI4GH-lKMY

youtube.com/watch?v=fxHhERW6990

youtube.com/watch?v=7RqGWXTm3E4

youtube.com/watch?v=Fv_F29h_qxM

top of all time is tough for me, I'd prefer you give a broad genre like "rock" and I could do an all time of that. Also hard to gauge someone's taste off of that though because it feels strange to put an emo song next to a prog song or something like that

How old are you? This is a solid list

Everyone in the entire world believes they have superior musical taste. Even those who recognize the fallacy and openly express otherwise, they still have the nagging suspicion in their mind that they have superior taste.

I think it's like being unable to prove that other people exist. You have to take it in faith that this isn't a Truman Show illusion, since you are the only you that you've ever been. There's something about the equal existence of other people that the mind just doesn't want to cope with.

I like that answer, I think it's human nature for us to want to be better than the next man, so that would make good explanation. It wouldn't be an issue really, but I just wish to get rid of this constant guilt for always feeling better than everyone else & even discussing music with people I enjoy being around can make me think less of them when on the topic. It's sad & a depressing twisted reality that I've been in for at least the past two years. I try to acknowledge that I take more interest in music than the average person, but it's not enough. I've thought I was mentally ill because I had better taste than most other people before... it's fucked up to say the least.

Mm, I think it's a pretty unique human dilemma. I can guarantee you that the feeling is as old as time, you can see proof of it in old books, two scholars relentlessly defending Plato, Socrates, Virgil, etc from the other's attack, in the same way people argue whether the Smiths or the Cure are superior. Mindlessly subjective.

It's kind of paradoxical. The fact that we get to experience these complex memes (in the Dawkins sense- evolutionarily superior concepts) is amazing. But we're a hive without a hive mind. We take from and give to the physical and metaphorical library of humanity, but we are singular organisms destined to die in our own shells. It's kind of sick. The way we like to frame the world in our own creation, the individual is a mistake. But it's just life.

Don't think too much about it if it makes you sad. Just be mindful of others on your journey, that's a step ahead of most in a very real way.

Thank you for this, here's a song for you:

youtube.com/watch?v=i2JnTD4rooc

>prog
>pop rock
>japanese Billie Holiday ripoff
>watered down classical
>boring easy listening garbage
>another goddamn new wave release
>cheesy melodramatic pop
>more prog

Your taste is unique only by surface level names. Pretty fucking pleb outside the Wyatt in terms of music with depth. Most of the guys over at /classical/ have you beat by a longshot. Hell, if somebody picks Sup Forumscore records at random there's a good chance of the resulting taste being better than this junk.

Also, stop posting this stupid copypasta/meme troll post.

>le RYM avant-teen face

haha, I guess you can't talk like this without pissing someone off.

share some patrician music with me, please :-]

sameanon

this is me minus the good taste

Fuck the concept of good taste w/rt to music, honestly. As long as you aren't ONLY listening to metal like a 14 year old autist or radio normie music like a teen mother, I don't care.

manlets when will they learn

Maurice Ravel's Rapsodie espagnole

Sonny Sharrock - Ask The Ages

Deathspell Omega - Fas-Ite, Maledicti, In Ignem Aeternum

Various Artists - Halha: 20 Years Of Downwards

I do, too, sometimes

>classical
at least ravel is good at what he does
>jazz guitarist
ok
>black metal
not even good black metal either, may as well just put cradle of filth on
>muh shitty avant garde minimal techno
boring

sonny is the only good thing there

>sonny is the only good thing there
>says "at least ravel is good at what he does"

If you're going to try to piss me off, at least do it right.

not trying to piss you off, why would I, I just asked you to show me what patrician is because you wanted to critique me & i gave you a critique in return.

at least ravel is good at what he does, I'd rather just listen to modern classical though. I learned about sonny sharrock through the pieces he did for that adult swim show, forget the name. There's absolutely nothing special about Deathspell Omega, they really are just a better Cradle of Filth/Dimmu Borgir... & minimal techno is far more boring than my "easy listening garbage" whatever you were referring to there

Right now im listening to a random tame impala playlist on youtube. The only album ive listened to by them on my own is currents and i think its okay/good. What do you think of me op? Would you talk to or hang out with me?

without CLT level and above posters this place is a nightmare of bad taste

>I'd rather listen to modern classical
Modern classical is meme music with not that much depth. Most of its experiments are outdated now.

>There's absolutely nothing special about Deathspell Omega, they really are just a better Cradle of Filth/Dimmu Borgir
DsO is far more chaotic than either of those bands with none of the symphonic flavor, they sound absolutely nothing like those bands.

>minimal techno
Downwards isn't a minimal techno label though nor is that record a minimal techno record. There's more variety in the record than anything you posted.

considering that I have a friend who was telling me he saw Mac DeMarco with Tame Impala 3 years ago when I brought up seeing Black Moth Super Rainbow at the same festival, and he kept emphasizing how good Tame Impala was, but he's still cool to me... yes, I'd hang out with you.

I guess an average person would have said the same thing, I'd think lowly of them, but because I know him & have thought he's cool because of other things it's fine

when I think modern classical I think of Ryuichi Sakamoto - Music for Yohji Yamamoto, which is the best example of what I enjoy in that regard. I see your point & I know comparing DsO to those two is pretty harsh, but I personally see it that way just because you can get much more out of black metal... take Transilvanian Hunger for example, or early Bathory... much more chaotic than DsO there. I think modern black metal is a joke though besides that hipster bullshit Liturgy album that came out awhile ago which I thought was nice, like math-black metal.... haha. I don't know anything about the label, but if I was going to put forward any electronic music, I'd have looked to Good Looking Records which is really just a dnb/jungle label or maybe something from Palladium. I could also post an album of various artists with more variety than what you posted, but I generally don't care for VA's.

post pics bb
you know you want to

>Tfw have all those features
>Tfw literally have a 0 out of 10 face

Kek smited me from birth

its because you have a narcissistic personality disorder, and lack any skill, or any quality traits whatsoever, so you find solace in the delusion that your subjective opinion towards a form of entertainment is better and makes you more important than another persons subjective view on the same entertainment.

You are sick, thats okay because most of this board is. You're in common company.

Coolidge Effect
Coolage Effect

>Why do I think everyone's taste is bad or a little better than average at best & mine is better than everyone's?

here's two things you need to understand: 1)your musical habbits don't mean shit in real world. 2) most of the times(not all the time) guys who feel like their music taste is superior to others are just lonely-piece-of-shit-losers who got nothing else to show for themselves.

>Transilvanian Hunger
>early Bathory
Their riffs are too straightforward, and they don't have the variety in dynamics, tempo, rhythms, etc. to entail the level of chaos that DsO does.

>Liturgy
Nah. Cheap MIDI sounds and the lack of rawness visceral vocal enunciation from the singer make this record sound too weak. Doesn't help that the concept for the riffs has already been explored by the likes of Glenn Branca and Shellac that do far more with it than HHH does.

>Good Looking Records
>Palladium
Good, but not true patrician quality stuff.

probably still applies to you honestly, the best girls in life get sick of boring normal guys

that'd be a good explanation, but I have too many skills & my quality traits are made aware to me by other people far too often

Get surgery, nigga!

Ok take out the part about skills and quality traits, and you have yourself

This just reeks of a tryhard RYM user

I feel you

everyone with a more ecletic taste than mine is a tryhard hipster

everyone with a more mainstream taste is a dumb normie

when I discuss music with others I can barely hide my disdain

>being elitist over music

I'm elitist over literature because it isn't passive and requires real dedication and focus to become well-read.

Music is whatever. Listen to whatever music you want. I don't care.

I think there's definitely a better example of that in black metal than DsO though, maybe Peste Noire - La Sanie Des Siècles - Panégyrique De La Dégénérescence? Not sure if you're too stuck on the tough guy bm vocals of DsO to vouch for Peste Noire though. I personally get everything you listed out of PN & I prefer the vocal style. I don't listen to metal anymore though, but always appreciate what I used to enjoy.

I'm aware it's not actually good for the genre, but on it's own it wasn't bad... still not good either, just something different in black metal. In the same way that Sunn O)))) wasnt anything that hadnt been done before, but still nice to have around, old things done in a new way.

I really wouldn't know much of what's top tier in electronic at all, Thierry Matioszek track I posted earlier is as far as I often go into electronic lately... more into synth pop. Maybe Yves Tumor if he counts, I liked some tracks from his latest release.

I did come across this last year & found it interesting, not sure if it's up your alley, but it was something new to me: apothecarycompositions.bandcamp.com/album/gargoyle

Ok

i don't even know what RYM stands for

Good answer, that'll trick 'em

>posted on Sup Forums sporadically since 13
>don't know what RYM stands for

Totally convinced me

>be tall
>have dark hair
>have shy smile
>smell good
>have "great" taste in music
I seem to have it all, but none of it matters when you have autism

rate your music.. I've never used it before, looks like another last.fm which I did use for a few years, but deleted because I stopped constantly listening to albums all the way through & couldn't handle scrobbling so randomly.

never used what.cd either

>Peste Noire - La Sanie Des Siècles - Panégyrique De La Dégénérescence
Again, not even close. Too simple and straightforward all around as well. Not sure if I would call rasps that are not mixed to be in the listener's face "tough guy bm vocals" though.

>I'm aware it's not actually good for the genre
I wish he pulled it off though, being a fan of both the metal and non-metal stuff that obviously influenced him.

>I really wouldn't know much of what's top tier in electronic at all
Tsk tsk. How can you even have superior taste if all you go for is new wavey stuff? If modern classical is to your fancy, maybe more abstract sound design/concept based stuff like Dataplex or elseq?

dude the second and third songs start the exact same way

hmm, strange, I guess I just haven't heard enough DsO to really put something forward that's similar enough. You would probably know of a better example though, I can't settle for DsO being the best example of that style, they can't be too original. I would call any deep bm vocals "tough guy" I think, I never appreciated deep vocal style in bm except maybe Inquisition counts as deep, but that shit was nuts.

Same, what was that shoegaze bm release that kind of hit Sup Forums in the same way a few years ago? I can't remember, but it was almost the exact same situation... maybe they did better than Liturgy though.

I've had friends who have produced electronic music since I was young & still somehow continue to be surrounded by them. NON for example was a good friend of mine way back before he started getting all this attention, same goes for Slava if you've heard of him. I definitely like & enjoy electronic music, I just don't know what's considered classic or "the best" since I've always been around fresh electronic produced by friends.
If by dataplex you're referring to Ryoji Ikeda, yes I really was into that for some time, I forget how I got put onto him, but the abstract sound design/concept based things are exactly what I appreciate most. In the same way I appreciate Sakamoto's music for yohji piece as modern classical.

NON's existed since the 80s, and was already getting love for God & Beast in 1997. If you started browsing Sup Forums at 13, neither of these two are consistent. Who are you REALLY? Huh?

Malign and Ved Buens Ende are the closest examples to DsO in black metal before DsO, but with only a fraction of the intensity.

Deafheaven did do better than Liturgy, considering that their album at least works on its less metal qualities.

>NON
>Slava

Literally who?

I feel the same about pretty much everyone aswell. I think this is a common thing among music loving people.

I didn't mean NON, my mistake, I'm tired. I mean Chino Amobi, an artist on the label.

Never heard of either, guess that was just never something I was into

yeah, Deafhaven, now I remember. I liked them a lot more than Liturgy, but also put both in the same hipster bullshit category... that was around the same time i was getting into LLN black metal, so it makes sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=HLSWWE4b4io

youtube.com/watch?v=7kj4sx5RtAA

funny, speaking of Chino Amobi, just checked my old soundcloud messages & found some from 4 years ago. Also, remembered Death Grips followed me on soundcloud before Exmilitary blew up & they still follow me, stupid.

>prog wank
>"foreign" pop
>glitch
>modern classical

Fedora tipping thread?

sure, just post your best songs to tip to first

*fake classical

hello i'd like to get good taste, but quickly

what do?

listen to these
rateyourmusic.com/collection/AntiWarhol/r4.5-5.0,ss.rd

even I know antiwarhol is a meme

>browsing Sup Forums since 13
>still pretentious
unless you're still in highschool you should be over this by now.

OP your taste is better than most of Sup Forums but there's nothing incredible about yourself that you need to try to brag so you're a faggot and this poster is right:
although on the flip side the amount of plebs in this thread getting butthurt because they're hearing music that isn't generaic Sup Forums-core drone is pretty sad

you're not supposed to take Sup Forums this seriously

There is LOTS of music not Sup Forumscore that's not babbies first month on RYM-tier either

true, I'm just mad bc faggots are shitting on matioszek