CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers

Olympics are over now, so it's time to focus on the next upcoming competition. The last matches of the fourth round of WCQs are on September 2nd and 6th which are coming up soon, then we'll know who gets to be in the Hex.

>Group A
>Mexico is the only team that has advanced so far, hasn't even been scored on yet
>Canada has a shot to make it since they don't play Mexico, but they've only scored 1 goal so far

>Group B
>Costa Rica has pretty much already qualified
>Haiti has pretty much already been eliminated
>Panama still likely to advance even if they lose to Jamaica because of a 6 goal gap in differential, but Panama is playing at home after already beating them once 2-0 in Jamaica

>Group C
>Saint Vincent has given up NINETEEN goals in four games, free wins for everyone
>They play USA and Guatemala, not Trinidad, which means those three teams might as well be only 1 point apart
>Trinidad has to play USA away but gets Guatemala at home
>If Trinidad beats the USA and Guatemala beats Trinidad, then USA won't qualify for the 2018 World Cup
>If that happens our next shot will be 2022 so spics and yuros will constantly shitpost about it for the next 6 years

we're honestly in the perfect position la. if we don't qualify or even qualify and play shit, that's okay because we really don't care. But if we do and btfo england and portugal we get to constantly shitpost endlessly about it.

I really hope Canada makes it

Canada's not in a bad spot, though I wish they could've gotten the win in El Salvador instead of the tie.

It's pretty straight-forward from now on though. Lose to Honduras and that's pretty much it for Canada's chances. A win or even a tie puts Canada in a decent spot.

I'm pulling for Canada too, they haven't made the Hex since the 1998 WCQs where they got BTFO, it'd be nice to have the entire NAFU represented. If neither Jamaica nor Trinidad make it in then none of the Caribbean nations will, and seriously fuck the CFU.

As for us though, even if we get embarassed in the Hex we at least have to make it. Knowing how corrupt the confederation is though, they'll probably rig one of our games for us if it's close enough to put it in doubt.

Are these games ever televised? I really want to see our mens team for once

Technically you're not out even with a loss to Honduras, although if you're going to split a win/loss then the win would be better for you against them, yeah. Hell, a tie against both of them would send you through, so just try not to get scored on.

You guys are really trying to be good at this sport?

Of course not, but in a nation with over 300 million people some of us are bound to actually pay attention regardless.

lol no. im pretty sure our mens team would struggle to beat our womens team.

Looks like TSN airs your home games and beIN airs your away games.

>canada playing honduras with a world cup spot at stake
I already heard this story, it ended 8-1

I don't know user, the MLS has been growing and making a lot of money. The attendence is damn good, better than our league for example, and got some good ass players. I think you guys have a shot in becoming semi-tough team like Belgium, England, or Portugal. It's not world class, but I see the USA NT better than the beaners team.

The MLS's growth is at odds with the NT's growth though, we've got some relatively big national stars and the MLS keeps wanting them to go play in their league instead of in Europe because it helps the MLS grow even though it makes our NT worse. Attendance doesn't mean shit though, in america it's TV ratings and then merchandise sales that matter most and the MLS is doing horrendous in those.

I think we're already a decently solid team though, we've set a standard now where we can usually expect to advance out of the group stage of the world cup then get knocked out in the round of 16. That's not bad, and we've been doing better than England anyways despite their so-called superior talent, because we keep over-performing our skill level and they keep under-performing.

>the MLS
dropped

Yeah I agree

Watching the Ninja Turtles is fine but the MLS is only for masochists.

Proving more and more your yurosnobness

Has nothing to do with that, didn't I just say I'm fine with watching the Ninja Turtles? The MLS isn't the best club soccer league though, in other sports the american league is the best in the world but it isn't in soccer. If it gets to be there someday then I'll start watching the MLS but it doesn't look like that will ever happen.

>muh yurosnobbery

My Little Soccer is just plain trash senpai. You're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

You keep calling it "the MLS"
You can't even get the fucking name right

Nice autism m8

The talent and level of play are lacking, true
But how can it really succeed in a country that hates it?
Even the few soccer fans here reject it for shinier shit overseas

Would care so much if that wasn't the telltale sign of someone's ignorance level of the league

i was very surprised to see how big the sport is when i came here. Not just among immigrants but its very popular among middle class and rich families. They don't want to put their kids in poor or violent sports like basketball and american football, so they choose the international sport and put a lot of money into it. There's travel teams that are more competitive than anything i've sen at home. But of course that does not make world class players. And with tv ratings and merchandise is inaccurate because like 's attitude if you want to watch and care about football you're going to want to watch great leagues because you're american, and you wont follow your local team you'll bandwagon an premier league team or messi. But MLS is getting better because there's so many people and so much money, it will keep growing

you read me the wrong way
I was pointing out your incorrect naming of the league

>MLeLS

>But how can't really succeed in a country that hates it.

By becoming part of the fabric of said country. Instead they chose to go the McFrancise route all the while promoting plastic, fake yuro culture among the fans while curtailing "offensive" behavior.

I call it the MLB too, so what? You're being pedantic.

I've actually been to a couple local MLS games, it was a pretty neat experience so I'm not surprised that attendance is good. It's a much younger league without the ingrained cultural rivalries like our other sports have, which makes it a comfier event that suburbanite families with kids are okay with going to. You even get some friendly banter with traveling fans without everyone trying to kill each other, so it's a whole different feel. The only part I don't like about it is the forced yuro pandering where they try to make us sing and shit because we've been told that's what soccer culture is supposed to be. Fuck that nonsense, but other than that I'd recommend everyone try it at least once.

That doesn't mean the league itself is great though, just fun to attend in person.

>But how can it really succeed in a country that hates it?
See the above, as more and more people get a passing interest in it then it will grow organically over time, you don't breed intense followings overnight. Give it a few decades.

Is there a difference between it and other sports leagues?
Are the differences more apparent because of MLS's young age?
You criticize the "McFranchise" but attack the fake yuroness

See *Wouldn't

Yeah I know give it a few decades
But people are impatient and go after the shiniest object they see

The other leagues are American sports.

>You criticize the "McFranchise" but attack the fake yuroness.
That's because MLS has the uncanny ability to take the worst of both worlds and run with it.

It's sport
People wanting what they want leads to this toxic atmosphere
But MLS doesn't need to be popular overnight
Just exist long enough to be more engrained
The things that bother you will be less obvious

Americans are only interested in "soccer" when they are winning it, but loses interest when they lose that was I call bandwagoning

That's not bandwagoning though, that's being a fairweather fan. Bandwagoning is switching teams you support when the new one is getting good and the old one is bad now. America is definitely a fairweather country though, you're right about that.

>likely to advance even if we lose to Jamaica

Hell no. If we don't beat them at home, then we have to beat Costa Rica away which is never happening with this shit team, so it's now or bye bye to the Hexagonal.

You know what you're right, for some reason when I was typing that out I thought your other game was against Haiti which I pegged as an auto-win, but its Jamaica that gets Haiti instead.

So if we count Jamaica-Haiti as 3 points for Jamaica and Costa Rica-Panama as 3 points for Costa Rica, then Panama-Jamaica is what decides it all. My bad. That makes Group B a lot more interesting though.

>Guatemala is 15 million people
>twice or even three times the population of all the other Central American countries
>not even a baseball country like Nicaragua
>still behind Costa Rica, Panama, Honduras, Jamaica, etc.

I don't get it, they remain an untapped potential that should be as good as Ecuador/Bolivia/Venezuela. Not enough black people?