ITT we continue the creation of the 50 song Beatles cover album!

ITT we continue the creation of the 50 song Beatles cover album!

PREVIEW EP:
hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/and-i-love-her-ive-just-seen-a-face-lucy-in-the-sky

>50 Beatles songs spanning their entire career, in chornological order, being covered by Sup Forumstants any way they wish to interpret them
>being sent to me where I'm compiling them for a bandcamp release and for download
>finished songs have to be emailed to me at [email protected] to be included
>you can collaborate with others (for example contribute the instrumentation to someone's vocals, or vice versa)
>scheduled for release next week if all goes well

SONGS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE TO BE CLAIMED:
A Hard Day's Night
I Want To Hold Your Hand
I Feel Fine
You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)
Norwegian Wood
Penny Lane
Eleanor Rigby

>hangingdong.bandcamp.com/
>(kikebook)/Hanging-Dong-309806615895057/

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/ggfz3pk5
mega.nz/#!Lk4i1C5S!jdk438GUBGGDtl0CoadL-f_utaViuPXcz4v8_o8eRBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wew

I'll claim Norwegian Wood. Will try to deliver by tomorrow or maximum by Friday. Need to get my mic out again.

penny lane was claimed at the end of the last thread

Cool, go for it

Ah, my bad

Loving the recent submissions, just got sent a lovely Long, Long, Long and Revolution

bump

rebump

wake up american dongers

just listened to the EP, good stuff boys

favourite song? Lucy has been very popular

I've Just Seen a Face was pretty stunning on a first listen

patrician choice

agree my m88s

every track on the ep is pretty damn good tho

Over 500 plays of the EP since it went up a day ago, not bad 2bh

bump

noice

f

bibimbap

I'm the guy who claimed Day Tripper, but I won't be able to it after all. It's up for grabs if someone else wants it

I'll Follow the Sun is coming along well

I'll play I Want To Hold Your Hand

Claiming I Feel Fine

No worries

Good lad

Go for it lads

bump

claiming eleanor rigby

Good la

doing a cover of a hard days night senpai

CLAIMING NORWEGIAN WOOD
WILL DELIVER

just sent in a cover of hard days night with a singing saw

Is that even you singing lad, sounds pretty surreal. I love it though

>hard days night with a singing saw
holy shit I'm so looking forward to this

It's 2 of my mates and I, and thanks!

It's fucking great

Check your email btw lad

Penny lane's coming along nicely, just need the bass part

I got the vocals for eleanor rigby done, ill add the instrumentation after im done with my classes

Nice, keep up the good work

Top lad

>just need the bass part
as in "I only need to do the bass part until I'm finished" or as in "could someone else help doing the bass part?"

hey where are the vocals for "And I Love Her"??
or haven't they been recorded yet

can i make an instrumental cover?
ill play the melody but just not with my voice

I can sing the vocals if ya want
just post the .wav

thanks for the offer but i'd rather figure something out myself.

my brother is a good singer as well

A girl actually sent me her vocals over the instrumental, but the timing was off. I've asked her if she still has the original vocal file and if she can sort it out

Yeah instrumentals are fine, vocals are preferable though

coo

gotcha. Not to be an ass but the vocals i saw posted for that song a while back were pretty bad.

If I'm thinking of the right one, everyone thought those vocals were awful. I rejected the song anyway because it was just karaoke and not a cover

oh thank god

I guess both, I'm still working on the vocals, but if someone wanted to send me a bass part it would be greatly appreciated. If not, I'll just do it myself, not a big deal

I'll whip em up, do you want an acoustic bass (sounds like an upright) or electric?

Electric would be good. Thanks!

Phoneposting now 2bh

I claim you know my name.

Yes, finally. Been waiting patiently for someone to

this turned out meh, sounds okay with drums tho
clyp.it/ggfz3pk5 122 bpm

Did someone send in don't let me down already (if it was even on the list)?
If yes i hope it's good

ill be lurking these threads till revolution 9 comes up so i can claim it

It has already been submitted by someone unfortunately pal

damn...
Im sure a track will come up that i can do eventually

Hey OP, bout to send you the final version of Revolution. Pretty happy with the improvements I made.

Eleanor rigby is done and sent

bump

Bump

How close is this to being finished? It might be a good idea to throw up a spreadsheet so everyone knows if any songs are just waiting on something small like bass or vocals or whatever

Not op, but most anons either ask when they need help, and they promptly receive it. Furthermore from what I've gathered, the op makes a new thread when 1 set of songs are finished, that way he doesnt get bogged down with tons of shit, and things can stay pretty focused and streamlined

bump

Yeah, this pretty much. Or if a thread dies.

Although I am gonna gather together some sort of visual aid for people to see how much progress is being made and how close we are to completion. Just woken up so I'm gonna have brekkie first though

saving this bread

Power rankings:

1. Lucy
2. I've Just Seen A Face
3. And I Love Her

I GOT BLISTERS ON MAH FINGAHS

>clyp.it/ggfz3pk5
ty it sounds great!

>Although I am gonna gather together some sort of visual aid for people to see how much progress is being made

That would help immensely.

Wait, how do I download from clyp?

>Did someone send in don't let me down already (if it was even on the list)?
>If yes i hope it's good
Dong?

well shit, putting an a. in front and .mp3 doesn't work anymore
gimme a sec I'll upload to mega

luckily I still have the .wav in my trashbin

Nope, wasn't on the original list

Someone can do it if they want though

Me on my phone btw

mega.nz/#!Lk4i1C5S!jdk438GUBGGDtl0CoadL-f_utaViuPXcz4v8_o8eRBA

oh ok

Did you ever get my spectacular rendition of Eleanor Rigby?

I think this cover art it's a little too silly for this. The project it's becoming a little more serious I think the cover art should reflect that

Nah, encapsulates Sup Forums

just a bit of fun anyway.

nah dude that art is the best.

we're on a Mongolian soup enthusiast forum, there's no reason to take this too seriously.

true.

I think you're becoming a little too serious for this.

I thought that too, maybe instead of "1" it should say "Sup Forums" but have the same colours of red and yellow- that would fit better desu

not OP but you're talking about the album name?

two minds, yeah it's a massive group project but the dude it working hard to organise and compile this shit. he's credited on the cover anyway so maybe a vote when it's finished?

The quality levels are pretty good, sure, but a handful of tracks have a dash of silliness thrown in. The Beatles were like that as a band anyway. Our versions of Revolution 9, You Know My Name and a couple others are silly as it is, I don't think the artwork is gonna matter. Plus, that took me a good 2 hours to make, so be grateful.

The current name is just "Covers The Beatles", so that it works next to the artist name. It would also help with future cover albums, such as the Bowie one which looks to be in the pipeline, because they could follow the same format. Keeps everything tidy.

It fits the project perfectly imo

>mega.nz/#!Lk4i1C5S!jdk438GUBGGDtl0CoadL-f_utaViuPXcz4v8_o8eRBA

ty

I'm mostly talking about the album cover, I think it would look a lot better to have a variation of the "1" cover seeing as this is a selection of songs from the whole Beatles catalogue

ahh

Idk, I like the lonely hearts club theme. again it suits Sup Forums with all the famous figures included as well as their intention to release a record under alter egos. works perfectly for me.

Hey, I'm also working in a cover of You Know My Name. Wanna collab?

I know what you mean and I like the ideas behind it, but it makes you think all the covers are going to be trash when they're actually not

Hey man, you can't really judge an album by its cover.

Magical Mystery Tour was a great album, but The Beatles were dressed in furry costumes.

why do you think the cover portrays trash?

It looks well done and perfectly summarizes how this album was made

Are there any songs left?

how many finished songs sent in yet dong?

I know what you mean, but surely a variation of the 1 album suggests we're covering their no. 1 singles? The Sgt Pepper image is more synonymous with their entire discography and the band as a whole I think, it almost transcends being a cover for that specific album. It's just the most famous Beatles image, besides the Abbey Road cover. Also, as others have said, it does kinda sum up the content of our album; a mish-mash compilation of styles and ideas.

Plus, when I started this project and made that artwork, I didn't really know what to expect in terms of seriousness or anything. I knew there would be quality control but didn't expect the really high standard quite a few of the songs so far have been at. I knew it was going up under the name of Hanging Dong, which is just a long running Sup Forums collaborative project I run with a core of regular contributors, and there already exists a discography under the band name. Most of those previous albums are silly and memetic, with some good music thrown in here and there, so I just designed the artwork in accordance with that. I think the moment we take this too seriously, the music will be under much more heavy scrutiny and will probably be l

Already been submitted, presumably by the guy you replied to

I Want To Hold Your Hand
Come Together
I Want You
Don't Let Me Down

About 30, quite a few currently claimed and waiting upon. If they take too long without filling me in, I'll free those songs up. I'm gonna make a visual display of the overall progress when I get a chance to, to make things clearer

what songs are you still waiting for to be sent in?

I'll Follow the Sun checking in. Going to try to have it finished in a few hours. I keep adding shit and it's fucking me up.

Dunno why I lost a chunk off the end of the second paragraph there, but what I meant to say was that if we advertise this album as serious, it won't be taken seriously anyway because the music is not professionally recorded. People are more likely to dismiss it that way, look at TDOP.

Here Comes The Sun, USSR, Paperback Writer, Rain, Taxman, Get Back, Gently Weeps, off the top of my head. Will check through emails and stuff in a bit.

Speaking of which, I'm going to free up a few of those as it has been a couple of weeks without reply

New updated available songs list:

I Want To Hold Your Hand
Come Together
I Want You
Don't Let Me Down
Paperback Writer
Get Back
Rain
Taxman

Cool, no need to rush anything lad