Oh no, he's retarded

Oh no, he's retarded.

mike "I want more shlock" stoklasa

Escape from L.A > Escape from New York

Battlefield L.A. >> Escape from L.A.

The Dark Knight Rises > The Dark Knight

Which one?

Six years on and they really don't seem to have changed in their attitudes or habits when it comes to watching movies.

I know they've been "busy" because of Space Cop, but I really wish they'd go outside their comfort zone more.

>wearing bigger sizes clothes to look slimmer

Nice try fatso.

Battlefield Earth > Battle L.A.

These guys are terrific.

That's why my fav HitB is the Whats Your Number and that schlocky Ninja movie review. They brought in Gillian, someone who enjoys shotty rom-coms, to help get them to understand why.

And it's funny too, cause Mike looked like an idiot. He says it's dumb to watch terrible rom-coms yet he enjoys watching horrid b-movies.

whoa, I didn't notice it before, but he really is slimmer. nice job mike

Isn't escape from New York almost exclusively pure schlock?

I HATE THIS MOVIE BECAUSE ITS SPACE COP

I love a lot of john carpenter's premises and writing

it's just not executed all that well, sometimes, excluding the thing, and halloween

I liked how Jay was squirming because Mommy and Daddy were fighting.

mike "I want the actor to turn and wink at the camera" stoklasa

Mike "I'm projecting my brain damage on some fat fuck e-celeb" Stoklasa
What a great thread, it has made me see these losers under a new light. I'm gonna go donate to whatever new scamstarter Doug Walker has going on.

Mike "emptying my nine on the welfare line" Stoklasa.

He kinda ruined it. I expected him to be a huge John Carpenter fan, now he's just another redditor.

I don't expect anything from star trek fans.
they were what nerds called geeks.

Anyone watch or rewatch escape from ny because of this episode?

No.

if those are big clothes to you then kill yourself you skinny jean wearing fag

No, I watched it years and years ago and that was enough.

>le if a movie is old it is immaculate in every aspect of its being and you aren't allowed to dislike anything about it

He was squirming because he knew Mike was being a massive cunt.

Look at how Mike treated Gillian compared to how he treated his fat girlfriend's dumb opinions.

>it's a Jack is trying to be funny and flipping tables like a normal man would do episode

you manchild

Which one is Jack?

Escape to Witch Mountain > Escape From New York

>RLM will never make an intentionally bad feature film entitled "Escape to Wisconsin"

Race to Witch Mountain > Escape To Witch Mountain

Escape from New York put me to sleep

>you will never be rich and offer Mike and Jay and Rich 1 million bucks to try and make a genuinely good movie

Come on, at least one of their fans has to be a billionaire.

there's probably some project with pox landis in the works

the t-shirt fits his shoulders normally dingus

>1 million bucks
they would pocket 999,000 and put out another cheap pos

post yfw you realise there are people autistic enough to argue about a youtube show featuring two fat smelly nerds watching b-movies from the 80s on an anonymous image board on a sunday afternoon.

>mfw

yeah, looks like mike is officially no longer obese

Mike "give me some Shlock and I'll suck your cock Stok" lasa

I don't think it made him look dumb he explained what the difference was. Shock at least has some sort of sincerity, creativity, unpredictability or are at least bad enough to be interesting. RomComs are so formulaic a computer program/AI could (and probably will soon enough) write one.

That's still a pretty small budget for a movie isn't it? Dream bigger, give them a real AA budget

Huge. Act? MAN???

Sure, but plenty of good movies have been made with way less.
Blue Ruin or Clerks, for example. And I'm sure these are the kinds of movies they might be actually interested to make.

Jay I'm sure would like to make something like Blue Ruin, but he probably doesn't have the talent.

Mike just wants to make either low-budget schlock or Hollywood blockbusters.

Mike liked that LotR wizard of oz movie.

These guys are hilarious.

This has nothing to do with RLM or their new show. What the fuck are you talking about?

Would they be rewarded for taking such ... RISK?

I'll never understand why Sup Forums gets so triggered by Mike's opinions. If you don't agree with him, fine, whatever, but the tards here act like he's launching a deeply personal attack on their religion whenever he says something that doesn't jive with their own personal opinions.

>I'll never understand why Sup Forums gets so triggered by Mike's opinions
Because Sup Forums is full of fucking retards. I thought this was common knowledge.

Forced myself through Space Cop today
it's shit
I was expecting a bit more cleverness with the gags

Please, Sup Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely and pathetic road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

Imagine being Mike. Completely soulless, drenched with sorrow and smite. Always wondering when he will be rid of this terrible damp, the damp which has weighed down his heart like a waterlogged mattress.

Imagine being so jaded, so digusted with yourself, that drinking 5 beers before filming any RLM series is the only thing which will make you feel half the man you think you are.

'Hahaha, yes that is funny' Mike says, under the intoxication of alcohol. Acting as if it is his natural demeanour.

His pseudo-smiles grinding together like an un-oiled cog, counting every second it takes to get through another episode of BoTW.

Imagine being Mike.
Watching all of your film school friends fail and accept soul-crushing 9-to-5s.
Imagine finding decent success in a job where you get to be with your buddies, be your own boss, and watch movies. Developing an actual fanbase that will remember you when you're gone and leaving a small artistic impact on the world, but not reaching a celeb status that would have a negative effect on your life.

How terrible.

What the fuck kind of mentality must some faggot have to type this kind of crap and think they're actually making a valid point and not in fact embarrassing himself?

go to bed mike you're drunk

Escape from New York is executed perfectly, faggot.

So Sup Forums, have you finally accepted that Jay is superior?

Imagine being Mike being Plinkett watching Mike's performance as Detective Ted Cooper in Space Cop.

Mike is still by far the best since he's the funniest.

I'M STILL NOT SURE WHO THE MAIN CHARACTER IS

nigga why'd you reply to pasta?

>durr whoever validates my opinion is superior. I get triggered when someone criticizes the old movies I love that aren't objectively very good

>mfw Mike shit on the synth score
That "improved" scene he showed of the movie with a traditional score was awful. It felt like a joke but he was being completely sincere. I love Mike but sometimes his taste is inexcusably bad.

>objectively

Did they say it improved or just normal?

Who the fuck are these people??

Mike seemed to be implying that the scene was better with the traditional score he used.

pls bring back qt mike

They didn't say it was improved. They were just showing an example of what the scene would feel like with a different score. Jay edited the episode so there's no way he's trying to say that score improved the scene.

this

>he used
Mike didn't edit the episode.

Not the first time I've sided strongly with sweet, sweet Jay. He loves creature features and he can appreciate weirder movies for what they are with just immediately calling them shit.

I mean shit, Mike wanted 'Escape From NY' to be 'Escape From LA', and 'Escape from LA' was total shit.

His criticisms were shit though.
>it's too slow!
>there's not enough action!
>these characters are too grounded! They should be ridiculous caricatures!
>fuck synths! The movie would be better if they had used a traditional score!
Mike pretty much wanted to take away everything unique about the movie and turn it into generic 80s cheese.

he had such a well defined nose

I can accept criticisms of any movie, but yeah, his critiques were really fucking stupid.

And I'm not a fan of his "talking like a 13 year describing the premise" because you can do that with almost any movie to make it sound stupid.

>>it's too slow!
>>there's not enough action!
If you're watching what is supposed to be an action movie, these are perfectly valid complaints.

>>these characters are too grounded! They should be ridiculous caricatures!
Take off your nostalgia goggles and look at how patently ridiculous the movie actually is.

>>fuck synths! The movie would be better if they had used a traditional score!
He flat out says he knows there's a lot of people that are into that type of music and he's just not one of them. If you don't like that style of music, of course you'd want to hear something that seems more fitting for an action movie.

I like Escape from NY a lot but his complaints aren't terrible.

Ahh, my mistake.

>I don't like John Carpenter's music. I think it's too "unique"

Toppest of pleb. So basically he wants every movie to have the same generic Hans Zimmer style to it.

>I think it's too "unique"
He didn't say he thought it was "too unique." He just commented that it simply is unique. When you have to completely manipulate someone's point in order to complain, you're grasping at straws.

That's not what was said, though

jesus christ, I bet you think John Oliver actually says CURRENT YEAR

No, he wants the score to reflect what genre of movie it's trying to be. Do you think he would also feel a standard comedy should have a Hans Zimmer style score?

He said ''unique'' in a jokey kind of way to describe his music, you dope, not that it's bad because it's different. I mean, he praised the Reznor/Ross score for Gone Girl which is anything but cliche.

Why is it that all these ''le pleb xD'' posters are fucking mouth breathing retards who can't calmly process the points made in a fucking RLM video?

>If you're watching what is supposed to be an action movie, these are perfectly valid complaints.
I've never really considered Escape from New York to be an action movie though. It's an atmospheric dystopian movie that is more about the setting and characters than the action.
>Take off your nostalgia goggles and look at how patently ridiculous the movie actually is.
I never denied it's ridiculous. Mike said that he wanted the characters to be more over the top and that's a pretty dumb criticism. The movie is ridiculous but it's also gritty and atmospheric. The characters being over the top caricatures would completely ruin the gritty tone.

>If you're watching what is supposed to be an action movie, these are perfectly valid complaints.

Remember in an old Star Trek Plinkett video when Mike was gushing over the ending of a random TNG episode where the "action" ending was walking down a hallway? That's how a lot of people feel about Escape From NY. The action is sparse and not huge, but it has meaning and Snake really feels out of his element and over his head the whole movie.

>Take off your nostalgia goggles and look at how patently ridiculous the movie actually is.

Mike's complaint is that the characters still aren't zany enough. He wanted them more zany! Bascially, he wanted Escape from LA levels of over the top.

He wanted pure shlock from a movie that was good because it played itself with a darker tone. All his critiques being addressed basically gives us Escape from LA.

autists on Sup Forums get triggered when their opinions are questioned.

He always checks his opinion relative to Mike's. He's beta cuck and in no way superior.

>Remember in an old Star Trek Plinkett video when Mike was gushing over the ending of a random TNG episode where the "action" ending was walking down a hallway?
Oh don't even try this, you fucking retard. Context matters. Learn that word, dipshit: CONTEXT.

>He always checks his opinion relative to Mike's.
Except for when he doesn't, like the video we're currently talking about in this thread for example. Or the numerous other times they haven't shared the same opinion.
>inb4 "B-but he changed his mind on Jurassic World"
No he didn't. He even mocks Mike some more for liking it during their Max Landis interview. Stop trying to hard.

i think you have to be old enough to remember pre-Giuliani NYC to get why the idea of just walling off Manhattan and being done with it wasn't a completely absurd idea.

It sounds like you haven't watched any recent RLM videos. Jay was pretty beta in the Jurassic World review but lately he has been defending his opinions. In their review of Captain America: Civil War he disagreed with Mike many times and pretty much the entire Escape from New York re:View video is Jay defending his opinions.

Jay please go

Calm down, autist. That user mentioned that solely because he wanted to make the point that a lot of people like that Escape from New York isn't full of big dumb action. He wasn't taking something out of context to shit on Mike.

Escape from L.A. re:View when? Mike would probably love it.

After Earth>Another Earth>Battlefield Earth

>I never denied it's ridiculous. Mike said that he wanted the characters to be more over the top and that's a pretty dumb criticism. The movie is ridiculous but it's also gritty and atmospheric. The characters being over the top caricatures would completely ruin the gritty tone.

That was part of his argument though, that the characters already are kind of over the top and ridiculous and there are many schlock elements. For him it didn't work as a gritty dark film because it doesn't essentially take itself so seriously and many of the characters are sort of goofy, but on the other hand it plays it too straight to work as a fun goofy action movie. For him it's one or the other in this case, because those two tones didn't mix that well for Mike.

Well, all I can say is a disagree with Mike. I think one of the biggest appeals of the movie is it perfectly balances grittiness and the goofiness.