/black power/

Happy black history month! This is a thread for discussing black music and black artists only.

What's your favorite hip hop album?
What is your favorite Aaliyah song?
Do you think Kendrick Lamar and Beyonce and Solange are having a positive effect on popular music as it relates to race issues? Are they promoting successful and substantial discourse?
What's your favorite Outkast song and album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=otUJvQhCjJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=KEYTANRjCWc&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=f4MRmEPNUxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

all of those albums including the dean blunt one. have been made with white people

>What's your favorite hip hop album?
Transplants - S/T
>What is your favorite Aaliyah song?
Who?
>Do you think Kendrick Lamar and Beyonce and Solange are having a positive effect on popular music as it relates to race issues? Are they promoting successful and substantial discourse?
Not in the least, they just add fuel to the already out of control racial fire in the US.
>What's your favorite Outkast song and album?
ONETWOTHREEUH
MYBABYDONMESSAROUNBECUASESHELOVEMESOANYESINOFOSHO

reminder that if you're white, starting this thread is just incredibly sad

I'm sure this will end up well

does that really matter? and if so why?

Hey

Sup Forums please go

because it rarely happens vice versa.
you don't see black people working on a vampire weekend or fleet foxes album.
i just think its kinda bit discrediting to call it "black music" when other races are still involved in it

>what's your favorite hip hop album
cannibal ox - cold vein
>what's your favorite aaliyah song?
back and forth is vaguely catchy
>do you think Kendrick Lamar and Beyonce and Solange are having a positive effect on popular music as it relates to race issues? are they promoting successful and substantial discourse?
they're having no substantial effect
>what's your favorite outkast song and album
aquemini, synthesizer (with george clinton)

why dont blacks listen to jazz anymore? its quite literally the classical music of america and of the black population, created in a time when blacks were improving themselves greatly and fighting for their rights

its not party music and in the black community we calling anything couple years old "throwbacks"
jazz hip hop is somewhat popular. but yes i do find it weird when I end up having conversations about alice Coltrane with older white guys than my own family

>favorite hip-hop album
Not sure, so I'll just go with College Dropout.
>Favorite Aaliyah song
I've listened to one Aaliyah song (I think) on a friend's recommendation, but I don't remember what it was.
>Do you think Kendrick Lamar and Beyonce and Solange etc. etc.
No. At best, they are unintentionally creating more racial tension. At worst, they are straight up virtue signalling and race baiting.
>Favorite Outkast song and album
t b h, only have listened to Stankonia, so that one.
Favorite song is tough. They've got some great ones. If I HAD to pick one, I'd probably pick a normie choice, like "Ms. Jackson"; that song is always a heartbreaker.

just a question, how common are afrocentrics really in the black community? i live in maine where the black population is like

not but:

t b h, I imagine that BLM and afrocentric-oriented mindsets are more of a minority than the media makes it out to be. We just hear from the (VERY) vocal minority.

Blacks aren't the problem, whites who speak for blacks and who think they are too special for their own kind are the problem.

I don't think it removes or diminishes its status as black music though, just like if a black person had worked on an album by vampire weekend it would still be "white music" because it reflects a culture of whiteness

its uncommon to my knowledge
i hear more it about from the internet.
i've saw this documentary on it tho
youtube.com/watch?v=otUJvQhCjJ0

happy black history month...let's listen to more jazz

i was going to post what im listening to, but im listening to bill evans right now. this coltrane album was great though

stoner black power metal
youtube.com/watch?v=KEYTANRjCWc&t=3s

Agreed. People like that become talking heads on CNN, and begin normalizing the extremist behavior of afrocentrics and BLM supporters, and that's when problems start showing up. Bad things start happening, like when a couple dumb shit-kids in Chicago kidnap and torture a mentally challenged white guy, and fucking stream it live on Facebook. What is the response to this by the aforementioned talking heads? It's a "beating", an "assault". They can't use the phrase "hate crime" because it goes against the narrative of the oppressed black youth, and that's bad for business. It's just like how they don't report on hate crimes perpetrated against Trump supporters. Because it goes against the narrative that liberals/leftists are peaceful and tolerant.

Ok, I'm done. For now.

i'm listening to lou donaldson's blue note sessions. earlier I was listening to duke ellington's solitude on loop because it's a perfect companion to a sunrise

i havent listened to anything other than jazz regularly in well over a year. i feel like it still has potential for societal change. the palliative and heart-wrenching sound of "solitude" by duke ellington transcends any current racist zeitgeist. always has

duke ellington and paul newman (i believe)

>i feel like it still has potential for societal change
i doubt it my man, society nowadays isnt nearly as simple as it was back in duke's days, back then it was "wow these blacks can make pretty good music, why do people even hate them", nowadays racial problems are far more complex, and frankly isnt the main issue, as everyone's getting shit from the elites, not just blacks or whites or any race.

well, there are people who are still that startingly ignorant. it could be a tool of education.

you're right though. the real problem is late capitalism lol

On topic how Jamaicans got their mu superpowers?

youtube.com/watch?v=f4MRmEPNUxY

>uploaded 18 minutes ago

If youre gonna link you own shit here, at least make sure the video actually plays, faggot