Friendly reminder that Stephen Gerrard said "this does not slip" to his team-mates after beating Manchester City last...

Friendly reminder that Stephen Gerrard said "this does not slip" to his team-mates after beating Manchester City last season when Liverpool were in the driving seat to win their first title in 24 year, before he literally slipped to let Demba Ba score, resulting in a home defeat, before they threw away a 3-0 lead at Crystal Palace, meaning that the first time in Premier League history that Liverpool went into the final day of the season with a mathematical chance of winning the league but with no hope of winning it whatsoever, meaning they finished in second place, ultimately choked their best ever chance at the title, and decided to write a book about it being some sort of success before selling off their best player and replacing him with Rickie Lambert.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/46919367
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lol come on m8 that clearly never happened. no way did someone say 'this does not slip' and literally slip afterwards.

Its hard, man.

>0-0ball

I was just thinking about this. Thanks OP.

I wish I could take credit for making this up as an ending to a fictional story but this did in fact happen lad

You're welcome m7

Without Gerrard Liverpool would have finished at most 5th that season. Cant really blame him for missing out on the title.

>this is what Livershit fans actually believe

>"Instead of hitting a long crossfield pass to set up a goal, making a decisive tackle or curling the ball into the back of the Chelsea goal to seal our victory, I had fallen over"

I still can't believe it fucking happened

makes you think

Almost forgot about it, thanks for the reminder OP

Anyone have the Pepe Slippy G comic?

Oh yeah m8. His 10 penalties were invaluable.

>last season

Stale pasta brah

I don't think Gerrard was all that important to the team. Liverpool would have been better off with an actual DM, too often they conceded goals because Gerrard was told to play that role without actually being able to defend.

>they were on an 11-game winning streak

Holy shit, I forgot how good Suarez was for those last couple months.

They weren't in contention to win the title so it's really not that big of a blow for them.

Shit against Chelsea though. It didn't help, however, that Gerrard spent the entire second half taking impossible potshots at goal, trying to atone for his error.

All you idiots giving Gerrard stick. Most of you are like 15 or some foreign glory hunter who only just started watching the game a couple years ago. You only seen Gerrard the last few years when age caught up with him. Even then he managed to adapt to a new position and become one of the best in his position in the world. Even now at near 35 he could walk in to any team in the world. But let me tell you, between, say, 2003-2010 Gerrard was arguably the best midfielder, and maybe best all round player in the world. He was immense. The most complete player, an absolute Powerhouse.

The disrespect and all the jokes about Gerrard since the slip by opposition fans is just wrong and you should be ashamed. If you want an idea of the legend and Genius that was / is Stevie G then search Gerrard Best Goals Ever on YouTube and then fucking hang your heads in shame. The only midfielder who comes close to Gerrard the last 20 years is Zinedine Zidane. Not Paul Scholes, not Lampard, not Pirlo. They are all great players in their own right but not compare to Stevie.

Truth is, Gerrard has given me some of the best moments, not just in football, but in life (Istanbul, Olympiakos, West Ham). Rival fans quite simply are jealous that they never had Gerrard or a player like him in their own team. Anyway, that's enough from me I am off to get my daily fix / high of Gerrard Best Goals Ever.

Gerrard was incredible in his prime, but he was a liability starting in 2014. He cost Liverpool the title, not just by slipping but by being completely shit as a defensive midfielder and too slow/old to be a good box-to-box midfielder.

lel havent seen this pasta before

Fucking glorious

96 get

>off by 1

>tfw made this pasta
>tfw it's really poorly written and even says Stephen instead of Steven
>still my most successful Sup Forums contribution

>2003-2010 Gerrard was arguably the best midfielder, and maybe best all round player in the world.
Kek. Nice job. He wasnt even top 5. Pic was better than him at everything and on top of that he is not a slippying chocker

How is your first day on Sup Forums, Pablo?

Confusing. I just wanted to talk about Seedorf

Kek

>liverpool

>Slippy G

This should me made into a gif and submitted as an Sup Forums banner

>tfw you wasn't online on Sup Forums when this actually happens

Is it still in the archive?

Really makes you think

>everything

how many goals did this guy score exactly? I don't even need to look up his stats

>last season

no

Based Mexibro

Anybody who actually knows a thing or two about Liverpool knows how incompetent the ownership/management has been throughout his whole career, and how he's singlehandedly dragged the team to victory on many occasions

He has to pretty much go it alone against the world and still came out on top a fair few times

>muh slip
It's a lazy and easy assumption to make about his whole career, but I don't expect the kind of fans who make these kinds of comments to follow Liverpool or know anything about soccer anyway, so you do you

here you go lad, game thread was a sticky

archive.4plebs.org/sp/thread/46919367

damn son, I am embarrassed i keked so much.

One of Sup Forums's GOATs.

Without penaltis? Seedorf by a long shot. Slippy G scored 40% of his goals due penaltis. And on top of that Slippy G played in a way more advanced position.

Very good thread

Gerrard was never among 5 best MFs in the world, and I'm a Liverpool and Gerrard fan.

>Lampard
>Scholes
>Xavi
>Iniesta
>Pirlo
>Ballack
>Seedorf
>Emerson
>Sneijder

All better than Gerrard. And I'm sure I'm missing one or two other.

"If Liverpool lose the title that moment will haunt Gerrard forever.

It will literally define his career. I'm being serious. I think above all that's done, even Istanbul etc, I think that particularly clip could end up being re-run a thousand times in years to come as the 'defining image' of his career. His whole 'thing' would be 'the guy that never won the league' even more so than it is now.

Everything at stake now. Absolutely massive.
This could be one of THOSE premier league moments."

You're not our usual bosniabro

Nedved,Zidane,Riquelme,Viera,
,Scholes,Cesc and a long list of players that I may have forgotten. Gerrard wasnt even the best player at Liverpool. Alonso,Torres or Suarez were all better and more important than him for the club

I didn't put Zidane because he was more of an AMF, Riquelme too.

>Nedved, Vieira

How could I forget them. Although, Pavel was already winding down when Gerrard was up and coming. Xabi Alonso was and is 67x better than Gerrard.

Earthquake much?

Didnt know Demba Ba was an indian :')

>you now remember the Steven Gerrard autobiography threads

Nice proxy la

No proxy la. Embracing the meme.

Do you think the nursery rhyme ba ba black sheep is allowed in his home ?

Or if his children fall over and they said " daddy I slipped over " he goes into an uncontrollable rage " GURLLS OW MANY TYMES DO I AV TA TELL YA, FOR FOCK SAKE"