"GUYS HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT REALLY OLD MOVIE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK?!?!?!"

>"GUYS HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THAT REALLY OLD MOVIE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK?!?!?!"

Really can't understand why people don't like this. I was smiling ear to ear

the airport sequence was fun

the rest of it was pure shit

because while it's fine to refer to it as an old movie, he's implying that it's an obscure movie when you'd have to be literally retarded to not be aware that it's a huge facet of culture and that almost everyone has seen it

>No bulge whatsoever

Fuck off Disney

Is the mod gay or something?
I guarantee you he's white

hope this bait son, thats literally the joke

>tfw that is a real costume and not CGI
>tfw it looks like cheap CGI
BRAVO DISNEY

No it wasn't a joke idiot it was played completely straight

EsB is an old moive to a 19 year old

Because it's way too obvious and simply making a reference isn't funny.
Imagine if I said to you
>HEY REMEMBER EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
You'd look at me and say "uhhh, yeah"

He had a shit computer I have next to nothing and even built a better one I bet this cunt is a frog poster....

I just took this line as an indication that society in the MCU doesn't have as broad a fascination with "pop culture" as we do in reality. Because the only reason he'd say it this way would be if in his experience people weren't immediately familiar with the movie.

haha holy shit you are right... he has no dick

>meanwhile Cavill's bulge

>15
FTFY

the entire point of the joke is to make you shrivel your face and say "how young is this piece of shit"

that is literally the point

>can't tell when an obvious joke is a joke

Are you aware you have autism?

do you understand what dead-pan delivery is you fucking moron

the joke is spider-man is retarded? yeah sure

>that party city costume tier fake musculature

Wew

That's exactly how they react in the film, like 'who the fuck is this kid'

The joke is how green, oblivious and excitable spidey is.

Thanks I guess

no, it still doesn't make sense that way. Look the movie is good overall, even fun, but stop being a marveldrone for one second and admit that was a misfire

On the one hand he is supposed to be 15 in this movie, but unless Star Wars is obscure in the MCU then it's dumb.

Kids know about the OT and he knows he's talking to adults who would've seen it.

The joke is that he's like 15 and it seems like a super old movie to him. And then he tries to take down Ant man with the tactic from the movie.

Its pretty much written to make humorless 30 year old nerds angry anyways, so mission accomplished.

"hey guys ever heard of this dude called jesus?"

That's the level of idiocy Spider-Man displayed. Him saying the movie was old is not the problem.

The joke was shit and an embarrassment all around. Why can't Marveldrones accept this?

You don't see DCucks defending the "DON'T WORRY. I'M A FRIEND OF YOUR SON" line. Why are ya'll so sensitive?

>expecting kids born after 2000 to give a shit about a mediocre sequel to a good movie in a mediocre franchise
It blows my mind that even capeshit flies over the head of t/v/

Just kill yourself you autistic mess, I hated this film but I think I hate you more

>confronted with logic he can only respond with rage

yep, typical

>empire strikes back was not fun at all

What did he mean by that?

>even the bulge will be CGI
Kek

>X Men Apocalypsy
>Watching a movie in a mall
>"The third movie is always the worst"

>unless Star Wars is obscure in the MCU

Doubtful considering this happened.

Yes we get it you retard it just was handles stupidly.

>almost everyone has seen it
you wish faggot, everyone knows the memes but I doubt 50% of people around 20 have seen it

goal: make spiderman seem young and naive (borderline dumbly naive)

>some user gets mad when it achieves this purpose

hamfisted technique? maybe
awkward misfire joke? absolutely not

>absolutely not
woah ! what's with the use of such a strong adjective ?
did you get hurt ?

I don't understand what Spidey was talking about. He was in high school 20 years before TESB even came out!

stop the damage control, you were already btfo earlier in the thread

CIVIL BRAWL

don't be mean to the 12 year old.
he just loves wearing the spidey diaper.

even 5 year old kids have higher stakes when they fight.

ITT: Literal autistics who can't understand when a character is written to be comically obnoxious on purpose

>if I pretend like I'm a new person entering the thread on my side then no one will notice!

He didn't say obscure, he said old. Because he's a 15 year old nerdy kid. And the other characters reacted to this like he was fucking retarded.

You can't miss it

>I've been in this for an hour responding to every post with memes because it still went way over my head
>*drools*

>guys have you ever heard of that really ancient guy George Washington?

What a shitty meme~ Funny how Marvel being the biggest capeshit there is never produces good memes

>my side is WINNING on the internet forum

but can he see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

Oh my god, I have seen that Star Wars movie, I'm relating to Spiderman the superhero!

Ten out of ten!

>I was smiling ear to ear
You are what's wrong with the world.

That's the point cunt, he is so young he doesn't realize.

I never knew anyone that retarded when I was his age. I can understand him saying something like that about Evil Dead, but what he's saying about Star Wars is something like "WOW HAVE YOU GUYS EVER HEARD OF THIS REALLY OLD BAND CALLED THE BEATLES?"

Youre right

His real figure is much better

THAT'S THE JOKE YOU AUTIST

that's not the joke you moron, why can't you accept that civil war is not literally perfect? It's good, it's great, not perfect, the writers messed up here.

The joke comes at the expense of the character's perceived intelligence overly much. We get the intent, but they went too far. This is a nerdy super smart kid who has never heard of Star Wars. We get that the joke is that he's young and is missing a cultural touchstone. It was too much. Too ham handed.

wouldn't it have made more sense if he mentioned a prequel movie?

So there's not going to be a canon Star Wars - MCU crossover?

>never heard of Star Wars
How is he namedropping a movie hes never heard of?

I really hope youre baiting and not just legit retarded.

I saw it last year for the first time

>motionlessly
>not at a standstill

woww your just like spiderman dude?m!! XD

All long as he puts the fear in em

ok who fuckin made this?

one is spiderman webbing through the streets in a spiderman movie

the other is a glorified cameo in which following scenes show him webbing around and moving..

what fucking sperg made this false pic?

I'm tired and worded myself wrong. Shouldn't have been that difficult to get my meaning though. Fucking hell.

He feels Star Wars is something that can be taken as obscure, as something that people might not have heard of. What I said stands.

Lots of people have never seen the movie before. Most high schoolers have not watched it.

It wouldn't make sense in the conext of the scene.

>Queens
>Brooklyn

well it's a really dumb fucking joke

Welcome to Spider-man sense of humor.

Does the force awakens not exist in that universe? Starwars merchandising would be everywhere just like it is now. Go to Walmart and there's friggin empire strikes back t shirts and shit. Its a corny ass joke dude; should have had him swing past a starwars billboard when he dropped it for added hilarity!!1!

I haven't seen it. But I have seen all the prequels. And before you shoot your mouth off about underage b&, I'm 28. Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars, but the fights between Vader and Luke (watched on Youtube) are the best.

Seriously though, Star Wars is trash and the original was ripped off of Kurosawa's 'The Hidden Fortress'. Defending Lucas' trash is pitiful.

ESB is old though.

>I was smiling ear to ear

wouldn't it have been better if cap threw the shield at him and he replied:

>"did you just throw a ginormous frisbee at me? the fuck..."
>"im supposed to be a spider, not a dog"

or just cut it down to "I'm a spider, not a dog"
but maybe that would go way over the head of the average cape shit viewer

That assignment brief was fine until the last point, at which point all pretense of professionalism was abandoned and disgust set in.

>Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars
>Says this fucking retard who didn't watch Empire
This has to be bait

You're right. I guess Marvel will have to settle with just raking in $2-$3 billion a year from Marvel movies alone.

oh yeah

I have never seen a Star Wars movie except episode 7

You're baiting, but there are literally people where that applies. I can't even imagine them watching the ot

That's fine. Ever find yourself in a situation where you wouldn't feel fucking retarded as shit asking adults if they had ever heard of this one movie called Empire Strikes Back?

There's out of touch and then there's this.

Why can people not understand the joke? If Spidey had said that to someone in his peer group there would be a good chance they hadn't seen it because it is, to them, an old movie; and believe it or not fifteen year olds aren't as well versed in movies as Sup Forums spergs.
But since he asked the question to a bunch of people who were quite a bit older then him they react like the question is stupid, because of course they've fucking seen it.
The joke is Spiderman is really young.

I'm 18 and saw Empire when I was like, 2. Never in my life did I think any Star Wars movie was obscure and that I was "le ebin nerd" for having seen those movies. Spidey was cool in Civil War, but the writers do not know how to write a millenial nerd. It's like Ubisoft with Watch Dogs 2.

Holy shit. Not everything is about you. We're talking about Spider-Man, and you have to give us your life story about how YOUUUU'VE SEEN START WARS WHEN YOU WERE 2.

This is why you don't have a girlfriend, by the way. Self-absorbed prick.

>believe it or not fifteen year olds aren't as well versed in movies as Sup Forums spergs.
To add on to my comment, , 15 year olds are just as well versed in movies and videogames as anyone on these boards. Hell, you can bet there are underage b&'s browsing Sup Forums right now (I started when I was 16.) Millenial nerds know all about movies like Star Wars because Star Wars is one of the foundations for nerd culture. I don't get why Sup Forums is defending this.

>and you have to give us your life story about how YOUUUU'VE SEEN START WARS WHEN YOU WERE 2.
I had to give some context to my viewpoint, that I've spoken to and hung out with people like Spidey and that the 40+ year olds that wrote Spidey as a millenial nerd failed at making him believable.

The best delivery of this joke I've seen was in Juno.

Ellen Page tries to show off to Jason Bateman by asking "HAVE YOU HEARD OF DARIO ARGENTO?"

Bateman gives a confused look like he was just asked if he fucked Jake LaMotta's wife.

That was good because it's so believable that a teenage hipster would name drop Dario Argento and a Gen X would be offended by it.

Empire is literally the most iconic film in the world and everybody has either seen it or knows the plot of it, that's our point.

>someone calls Hoth the "snow planet"