SPELL-CHUCKER

>SPELL-CHUCKER

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bpgQSbwnWD0
wow.gamepedia.com/Seven_Kingdoms
wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Alodi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what was this guy's fucking problem anyway?

He was possessed by the devil since birth and didn't know it. Kind of like Twin Peaks when my nigga Bob possessed people unknowingly

He passed lvl 30 with his virginity in tact.

In the lore: He was kind of possesed by the biggest demon there was since birth and it made him mad

In the movie: LOL, CORRUPTED BY THE FEL

He was so /fa/

>Book worm

THE FUCK IS A FEL

is it like nanomachines

Magic that is inherently evil and destroys life basically

I fucking hate this guy as an actor.

To be fair its hinted theres more to his "corruption" then they blatantly spell out(for instance subtle hints in conversation with morose). A lot of people keep saying this shit when theres obviously going to be more movies and once again there was obviously more going on that is yet to be explained IE(SARGARAS).

youtube.com/watch?v=bpgQSbwnWD0

People didnt realize that tho.

>what was this guy's fucking problem anyway?
Lore Wise:

Medihv's Mother -(the previous Guardian) fought back a massively important Demon from Azeroth while she was pregnant - as she did so, the demon cursed her and the curse transferred to her child.

Medihv grew up as a prodigy - but as he got older he began to go insane (demonic whispers) and lose his mind due to the connection of the curse.

>In the Movie.
They mention the Fel corrupts all who use it (true, Warlocks play a dangerous dance in WoW lore-wise).

They also mention Medihv has been missing/reclusive for 6 years. You are meant to extrapolate that hes either been hunting knowledge/discovered Fel Magic and got corrupted by it.

Guldan got Fel Magic by consorting with Demons as well - selling/destroying his homeworld in the process.

>THE FUCK IS A FEL
Its Magic that is the Opposite of Arcane (the magic that Khadgar/The Kirin Tor use)

Fel Arcane
Holy(Light) Shadow

There are a few more other branches of magic (Druidism, etc).

can we agree this movie was better than we thought it would be.
critics a shit
euro a shit

nigger the change was fine. They will probably elaborate more in the sequel. There was already too much shit to get thru for one movie and brining sargeras and kiljaden into it for 2 mins to explain guldan and medivh more and then not heard from again would have been retarded

is that why he literally turned into a demon
u faggit

>In the movie: LOL, CORRUPTED BY THE FEL
The movie was crammed with lore as it is.

I don't blame them at ALL for cutting down some the story into simpler segments. If you truly wanted a fully-realized Warcraft 1 movie it would be 5-6 hours long (a man can dream).

>can we agree this movie was better than we thought it would be.
Easily.

thanks, this has been helpful

See the demon he turned into before death? That's Sargeras. In a future movie (if there's one), it will be revealed that he was possessing Medivh since childbirth.

That's the reason why Medivh "couldn't remember" opening the Dark Portal. Sargeras mostly blended his consciousness with Medivh, but could also just take over and use his body whenever he felt like it.

Sargeras needs to open Dark Portals to Azeroth because a part of him is imprisoned here in the Tomb of Sargeras. By compromising Azeroth's location in the Twisting Nether (that floaty watery substance that the orcs were in while traveling through the portal), Sargeras allows his demons to pinpoint its location and eventually invade it.

They will probably elaborate in a sequel. Say, Gul'dan goes to find the Tomb of Sargeras, while at the same time Khadgar researches info on the demon and realizes that it was the one possessing Medivh all along.

u fags telling me the sequel wont be w3?
thats upsetting, w3 has best story.

Fel and Arcane are base sources of magic that allow to manipulate reality (as opposed to natural Shamanistic or religious Light magic - when Medivh conjures lightning, it's not "real" lightning, but arcane/fel energy materialized as one)

Arcane represents the primordial forces of Order.

Fel represents the primordial forces of Chaos.

fel is disorder magic

>w3 has best story
ha!

This.

>Warcraft - already seen
>Warcraft 2
- include the Tomb of Sargeras storyline
- reveal how Medihv was cursed since birth by Sargeras - and eventually used
- Orgrim and Lothar storyline
- more Khadgar research
- Thrall + Orc Slave Curse

>Warcraft 3
In my opinion this will take at least 2 movies
- Night Elf Arc + explanation
- Arthas Arc
- Thrall/Jaina/Kalimdor

Theres so much to fucking cover in WC3.

>War of the Ancients movie WHEN

There will probably be an Orc Trilogy (Beginning - Wars - Exodus of the Horde) and an Arthas/Scourge Trilogy (Human - Undead - World Tree) if it makes enough money.

>Stormwind doesn't get sacked in the movie
?

are they going to do it at the start of the second movie, like Smaug dying at the start of the third Hobbit movie?

You just answered your own question - it makes sense that they would. Stormwind needs to fall to eventually fit the rest of the Alliance storyline focusing on Lordaeron and more.

War of the Ancients should be a Comedy called Krasus & Rhonin Excellent Adventure

That would make for a great opening.

Fel magic is demon/dark magic but its green

It just feels awkward not resolving it in the first film and stapling it onto the second film. It'd be much nicer if the first film ends with Stormwind burning and the second movie starts with the Alliance of Lordaeron forming and the Orcs being pushed back, ending with Doomhammer caving in Lothar's head before being captured.

>if it makes enough money.
pls pls pls

where does the WoD cinematic fit into the story? is that right before warcraft?

also that little boy is the same one in stormwind in vanilla wow right?

Well the Sequel has to show:

>The Fall of Stormwind
>Southshore, with Turalyon, Kurdran and Alleria introduced
>Probably some sort of montage of the greatest battles of the war, to make it seem like it was long-lived
>Tomb of Sargeras: Have Gul'dan hunted by Khadgar instead of Blackhand Jr.
>Blackrock Siege

Finally, BTDP and Exodus of the Horde could be crumped into one:

>Thrall and Ner'zhul both rise as "saviors" of the orcs
>Ner'zhul attacks human kingdoms to gather artifacts, while Thrall to free imprisoned orcs
>The climax is Ner'zhul opening the portals to new worlds, going crazy in progress. Grom Hellscream sees how mad Ner'zhul went and leaves him, joining Thrall. Turalyon and Alleria are left on the presumably destroyed Draenor with Ner'zhul.
>Thrall and Grom come to the new land, save the Tauren, but Mannoroth the Demon hunts them down and demands servitude.
>Grom slays Mannoroth, freeing the orcs from blood curse, while Ner'zhul is captured by Archimonde and KJ, who turn him into the revenant that would become Lich King.

The WoD cinematic takes place in an alternate timeline prior to the events of the first film. It will never be featured again in any Warcraft media since WoD is a universally hated disaster.

There were leaked pics of the Fall of Stormwind being in production. Possibly execs demanded to cut it down to give the movie at least a bittersweet ending.

Though, I'd say Lothar and Varian leading the exodus to Lordaeron would be equally bittersweet.

Also, HOLY FUCK AM I HAPPY THEY REMEMBERED THAT AZEROTH WAS ALSO THE NAME OF THE KINGDOM, NOT JUST THE WORLD!

Movie prequel comic(which is said to be canon) shows that Medivh first discovered Fel after a Troll used it against him when he was young.

>thats upsetting, w3 has best story.
no it doesn't.

arthas and thrall fanboys can fuck off

it was like a: what if orcs no fel thing?
where are the paladongs in the movie?

>HOLY FUCK AM I HAPPY THEY REMEMBERED THAT AZEROTH WAS ALSO THE NAME OF THE KINGDOM, NOT JUST THE WORLD!
It's confusing now that it has been revealed that Azeroth is the name of the babby Titan sleeping inside the planet. The Elves somehow found out about the name and named the planet Azeroth as well, and I suppose the Humans took the name of their kingdom from the Elves?

WoD cinematic is the alternate universe.

In the main universe, Grom accepted the blood curse willingly.

These events are described in "Rise of the Horde" novel. It's not very big and easy to rid, look it up if you like Durotan, Orgrim and Blackhand. Also provides info on the motivations of Ner'zhul and Gul'dan.

The little boy is Varian, the grumpy king of Stormwind. The one from Vanilla Stormwind is Varian's son, Anduin.

stop hurting my feelings

>Money

I -THINK- Warcraft was a success. Its budget last I checked was $160 million and its already made over $300 (however i dont know if that counts in Advertising/Marketing - but it didnt seem as if it was heavily marketed).

Stands to reason they will make a second one.

>where does the WoD cinematic fit into the story? is that right before warcraft?

It's the most recent storyline-expansion in Warcraft.
WC1>WC2>WC3>WoW>BC>WotlK>Cata>MoP>WoD

However as this user said.
It will 100% get scrapped if the movies EVER reach that point. WoD was pure-filler garbage that Blizzard made when they were under huge stress and just had to put something out.

Also pic related is magic system

Paladins' Order, The Silver Hand, was created in Lordaeron, after Stormwind was destroyed. In response to the fact that the clerics couldn't fight orcs for shit, the Archbishop gathered strong clerics and pious knights and gave them the blessing of Holy Light.

so there are two fucking generations of child kings?

Paladins didn't exist until Warcraft 2. Turalyon realized that instead of wielding the Light like a pussy priest you could wield the light and hit people with hammers. Turalyon will be in the next movie if they don't fuck everything up.

Yeah, WoD was Garry going back in time (into a separate timeline, not back into the main timeline like CoT timetravel hurrr) and telling papa Gromm that drinking demon blood is whack. He also brought back future Goblin tech so they were going to use that instead of Fel in order to subjugate Azeroth, but then they used Fel again instead and Gromm was a good guy because Blizz has hack writers and WoD was rushed as fuck, since they had to cut a raid tier.

ty bbyz

I was genuinely confused when they started calling the world 'Azeroth'.

I thought it was the Kingdom of Azeroth, and the Kingdom of Lordaeron.

Now it's Stormwind. What a shit name for a Kingdom.

They're princes, not kings. Princes of two different kingdoms (Stormwind and Lordaeron). Arthas doesn't become King until he kills his Dad after becoming an edgelord. Varian has some stupid backstory involving amnesia, split personalities and gladiator fighting.

160 for movie and a seperate 110 for marketing. But I hope they make another and market it right his time, I still think it has potential. They should release the directors cut dvd too no matter what. I was expecting a good fantasy movie franchise to come and dont want fucking americans to ruin it.

so that king that died was king of the alliance not just of stormwind?

>Movie prequel comic(which is said to be canon) shows that Medivh first discovered Fel after a Troll used it against him when he was young.
This can work more simply for newer audiences. Not bad.

>it was like a: what if orcs no fel thing?
Yes. Its just a huge "What if"

>where are the paladongs in the movie?

Paladins are from Lordaeron originally (last I remember) - and the movie takes place near Stormwind. Lordaeron is at the far North of the Eastern kingdoms.

You will see them in WC2 and WC3 (Uther the Lightbringer, Arthas)

The planet is Azeroth and the continent is Azeroth too. But, it makes more sense to refer to their societal distribution based on the city-state, so Stormwind is the best option.

the alliance doesn't exist in the current warcraft movie

Yes.

1) Llane is killed by Garona, Prince Varian is declared king, Anduin Lothar of Arathi is his regent (even though being of the Arathi dynasty he could try to claim the throne for himself)

2) Varian is kidnapped at Onyxia's orders, goes missing, loses memory, eventually kills Onyxia and takes his throne back. In his absence, Prince Anduin was temporarily a King, but relinquished his title after his dad turned out to be alive.

cool thanks
at the end they say for azeroth for the alliance.
checkmate atheist.

The continent is the Eastern Kingdoms which is comprised of the Kingdom of Azeroth, Kingdom of Lordaeron and some smaller Kingdoms like Arathi and Gilneas. Stormwind is the capital of the Kingdom of Azeroth.

Azeroth is the world, a continent, and also a kingdom (also called Kingdom of Stormwind after the city)
I hope that clears things up :^)

Kingdom of Azeroth/Stormwind was ruled by Llane.

Then it was ruled by his sone, Varian.

They are part of House Wrynn.

Arthas is the prince of Lordaeron, whose king was Terenas II.

They are part of House Menethil.

Well, human kingdoms are named after their capital cities.

wow.gamepedia.com/Seven_Kingdoms

>ESTUS-CHUGGER

Warcraft 1-3(games) + WoW = Universe A
The events in WoW that take place on Draenor in Warlords = Universe B
Movie = Universe C

Just to clear this shit up for you people. Carry on.

is it really that different or are you trying to stir shit

In all honesty, do you think the studio will pull the plug on Warcraft or is the international box office enough to warrant another movie let alone a trilogy.

>so that king that died was king of the alliance not just of stormwind?
The king that died was Llane Wrynn - his death started the formation of the first Alliance.

He was the king of Stormwind.
Llane Wrynn > Varian Wrynn > Anduin Wrynn.

Varian is currently a child. So Lothar becomes the Regent/Temporary Leader until he comes of age.

Pic Related, Yes

The movie deviates pretty hard from pre-established shit.

The events of WoD don't constitute a real 'alternate universe', as far as the writers are concerned nothing exists outside of alt-Draenor (because then there's headaches of having multiple Titans, multiple Legions, multiple Azeroth heroes, etc).

The entire expansion of lore rape only happened to they could justify bringing Guldan back and making Illidan relevant again.

Azeroth is:

1) Kingdom with the capital of Stormwind. After it was restored, with its many lands lost, it was just called Kingdom of Stormwind.

2) The southern part of the Eastern Kingdoms continent, which consists of Lordaeron sub-continent and Azeroth sub-continent (includes Khaz Modan, Gurubashi Empire, Kingdom of Azeroth).

3) The world, which actually contains a Titan Soul, which is why it is hunted by the demons.

>In all honesty, do you think the studio will pull the plug on Warcraft or is the international box office enough to warrant another movie let alone a trilogy.
It has already made its money back. See
Rest depends on if Blizzard wants to continue, and if the rest of its earnings (Directors Cut, extended viewing, etc) will be worth it.

>pandaria clearly existed on WC3 maps
mop haters btfo

AU Draenor is a self contained, pocket universe created by a powerful Bronze Dragon. That's the easiest way to spin it.

What was that black portal thingy with the grandma inside that Khadgar was chilling in Dalaran - i think with Kirin Tor story?

The actual power behind Guardian or what? Pls explain

pandas were literally in wc3 you faggot. And they were shit.

It's worth noting that the name of the Titan Soul which the planet contains is also named Azeroth, the name from which the name of the planet, the sub-continent and the kingdom are named.

No, it is an alternate universe, but they stupidly declared that the Legion is somehow one for all AUs.

WoD had many events happening differently without the influence from Garrosh (like Ner'zhul's wife staying alive). The origins of Kilrogg and Kargath were quite different too.

You got it right with holy but shadow is not the opposite, it's void

Created by a bronze dragon utilizing power taken from the Timeless Isles

>The actual power behind Guardian or what? Pls explain

Its probably going to be Medihv's mother in the Movie-Canon they are going with. Or something else - the 40 minutes of cut footage will probably explain it.

>WoD had many events happening differently without the influence from Garrosh (like Ner'zhul's wife staying alive). The origins of Kilrogg and Kargath were quite different too.

If Blizzard ever reaches WoD in the Movies - I guarantee you they will scrap that shit. The entire story means nothing aside from a mechanic to bring Illidan back - and its easy to invent reasons to do that in other ways.

brewmasters were cool in wc3 they were shit on in the expansion
unless you mean a shit unit
then yes
cool though

>Forming the Alliance before the Sacking of Stormwind
The cunt who made this shit should be shot.

Shadow is Void now. That's why Shadow Priests in Legion are Old God cultists.

We don't know, something created for the movie.

Probably a reference to Aegwynn, the strongest of the Guardians and Medivh's mom. Aegwynn vanquished Sargeras, and imprisoned a part of him in the Tomb on Azeroth, not allowing him to restore his full power and leaving the Legion leaderless. In return, Sargeras's spirit literally possessed her womb, and then Medivh from his very birth.

wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Alodi

Yeah, incredibly weak. I was surprised to find out that the credits listed "Lordaeron Emissary" and "Kul Tiras Emissary".

But I guess they needed this in case it makes no money and gets no sequels.

Movie-Alodi is probably a mix of this + Medihvs Mom, since hes a Male Elf in that lore excerpt you linked.

He was a guy though.

This is wrong: the point of WoD was that it represents the point at which Kairozdormu creates the infinite dragon flight. He splits the timeline into infinite timelines, his intention is to assemble an infinite army of orcs from an infinite versions of Draenor.

He outright states this when you fight him in game:

>We will be limited by nothing. Not even time. The possibilities are infinite. I will become infinite—

The fact that this doesn't at all fit in with the established infinite dragonflight lore from Cataclysm didn't seem to occur to Blizzards writers at the time, which might be why the story line was axed along with so much other content in the abortion of expansion that is WoD.

Just further showing how hard the movies is deviating from the games, and that it's a 3rd universe is all.

Doesn't really matter. If anything its the story they will have finally revised and used as their main story.

Movie really doesn't deviate too hard outside of a few small certain events. The end results will still be the same.

And if it results in the WoD's existence getting axed - then its for the best.

Just stop sperging out and saying its another universe. Useless banter until Blizzard states what is purely canon.

You also forgot that Medihv's father was a fucking asshole too.

Ain't seen the movie. Since it doesn't end with the fall of stormwind where does it? Garona killin Llane?

Also, is it Orcs and Humans Warcraft, or WoW Warcraft? I don't want any priccy faggots crying about 'muh internment camps' or 'noble savages' bullshit i want a metal album cover turned into a movie.

It would be impossible to do WC3 movies in anything but a seperate movie for each campaign.

Its a bit of both.

Movie ends soon after Garona kills Llane - Stormwind doesn't fall just yet.

They show a lot of orc culture/honor bullshit - but also that they fucked up their world by believing Guldan.

There is a ceremony in Stormwind, the queen gives Llane's sword to Lothar and suddenly everyone starts shouting his name and then the Alliance. There is also a scene with baby Thrall being found by a human.

Its the latter. Those things you whined about will come with the next movie if they make one.

whats the original lore for garona?
she's just a retard half orc that betrays the humans?

Why would they shout alliance? Who did they make an alliance with? They're all part of the same kingdom.

>Movie really doesn't deviate too hard
Are you sure about this?
>There are Draenei in the film due to World of Warcraft
>Fel Magic instead of Mannoroth's Blood
>Humans using pistols before The Second War
>Every human wants to help Garona
>Garona isn't an Orc Asssassin
>Garona only stabs Llane because he tells her to do
>Retarded lovestory between Lothar and Garona for no reason
>Durotan is killed in Mak'Gora by Gul'dan instead of being exiled and fleeing to Alterac
>Blackhand defeated in Mak'Gora by Lothar instead of being betrayed by Orgrim
>Draka stabbed by a random Grunt
>Garona doesn't help kill Medivh/Sargeras
>Dalaran is flying when it shouldn't be before the assault on Northrend
>Orcs are brown due to World of Warcraft
>Thrall is turned green instead of being born that way
>Grom looks like the World of Warcraft version and not the Warcraft 3 version
>Ner'zhul is not shown in the film at all
>No Shadow Council to rule behind the scenes
>Orgrim is a Frostwolf and not a Blackrock
>Blackhand is the Warchief instead of Orgrim
>Gul'dan created "the Horde" and is Blackhand's superior for some reason
>Stormwind doesn't get attacked shortly after Llane's death
>The Alliance is formed without the Sacking of Stormwind

Guldans slave.
Half-orc, Half-draenei
Trained as an assassin - hates the orcs and tried to rebel.
Guldan had enchantments placed upon her - used them at the last moment to mind-control her and back-stab King Llane.

You have to remember that this is before anyone even knows of Kalmindor. To them Azeroth is just what they know.

Hence why when WoW came out the continent got renamed to the eastern kingdoms.