PUSHER TRILOGY

PUSHER TRILOGY

Who's seen it!?

I recommend watching it drunk and high out of your mind for first viewing.

FEELS like Goodfellas meets Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when it comes to atmosphere. These are the rawest movies Ive ever seen! Easily the most jarring endings in existence! Each movie revolves around a drug dealer in the worst week of his life and all their lives are interconnected. First movie is about a mid level drug dealer Frank owing big to Milo who is a high level dealer and star of the 3rd movie. Second movie is about Franks best friend Tonny (Mads Mikkelsen) a low level drug dealer 8 years later when he gets out of prison.

Its were Mads Mikkelsen got his start.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aFbrvPGvA34
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I still need to see the third one

Honestly as much of an autist as he is Refn is an outstanding director, i hope Semen Demon is good

I've only seen his later stuff but this looks interesting. Sort of curious to see how Refn handles actual plot.

it was actually good

I've seen all three. 2 = 3 > 1. Imo the first one is kind of clumsy, but it's still a very creative, gripping and most of all sad movie, and almost a masterpiece. The two other ones are genuine masterpieces, imo. Refn has this reputation as being a very cool, angry director, but imo he is actually very sensitive. I would say the Pusher movies are really about how fundamentally sad and inhumane being a criminal is. It's a very empathic take on the gangster genre.

Neon Demon is beautiful and nothing more.

You are correct, these are easily amongst the best movies about criminals, it feels so authentic and dark.

3 > 2 > 1 for me, milo was such a great character

Wow only seen 2 and 3 one time. Seen 1 3 times. would be watching them now but watching Hellraiser 9 cause part 10 is coming out next year!

Definitely need to compare! To me part 1 is the best! Holy fuck its a masterpiece! But after 3rd viewing in a week made me realize the first 50 minutes is whats epic and the ending but theres 35 minutes of slow showing how fucked up his life is shit. Not gonna lie the first 1/4 of watching the 2nd I wish I was watching the 1st. Maybe 2 and 3 are better paced but the first 50 minutes of 1 are legendary! Kinda like Bronson first 30 minutes are epic and the 3 fight scenes later and the rest is kinda slow.

Yes I have legendary taste!

I like the third one best. To me, the best way of describing the film's atmosphere is headache. The entire film feels like a headache of increasing intensity. Love it.
I don't know how to rank the second and first, I'll have to rewatch them back-to-back at some point.

They're all good. 3 is the best.

>POLSKI SPEED?

that movie had my heart racing

I was worried I was the only one who have seen this epicness!

Mentioned in so many threads an epic movie Attic Expeditions and noone ever commented on it ever here besides me; worried it was another lost to the masses. Hell I just came across it!

Saw Fight Club 8 times in the theatere. And I fell Pusher the whole Pusher trilogy is far superior to Fight Club!

2 is best

I remember watching pusher 2 and seeing a few of the scenes, like the one with mads and the hookers and thinking, shit, this isn't and never will be for americans. And when I say americans, I mean the vast majority of popcorn munchers. It's a shame more people don't realize what a great director Refn is, and I was thinking about this when I saw Fear X. Very slow paced but overall a terrific film and yet I realized it will never click with an american audience.

like some other user posted, I'm really looking forward to seeing neon demon

Neon demon is only playing like 1 hour away from me and i have to use public transport to get there, but i'm really lazy and don't feel like going outside

What should i do lads?

Loved the Narcotics Anonymous meetings with the Kingpin Milo like yeah Ive been sober 3 days lulz. The ending of the 3rd probably game me slight post traumatic stress disorder; it just ends so suddenly like wut!! There seriously needs to be a 4th about his right hand man the enforcer from part one; it would be so perfect!

His right hand man in part one and has a best friend role in part 3, it was a small part, the guy in the far left.

Buy a car

OP here I thought it was the worst! Only watched 2 and 3 once and really need to compare more. Loved how he just got out of prison for 8 years and steels a million dollar Ferrari like its nothing! The movies really remind me of being on dissociatives were your all fucked up! I definitely need to watch them on DXM!

To me the whore scene after he got out of jail was epic how he can't get it up and the two whores are making fun of him and the ending. How can that compare to the first! Hell the first 50-min of the first spanks the next two movies. Maybe that's why you didn't like it cause it jam packed everything into the first half and the end?

OP from Houston TX and I appreciated it. Need to see Fear X.

The british remake is so shit, but the orbital soundtrack is nice

Good to no! I knew there was a remake but didn't know it was british and felt it was shit.

Greatest trilogy ever!

>that disgust when Milo cooks
That's what hit me the hardest. Amongst all the filth and brutality, Milo's cuisine was just pushing moral wrongness too far.
Like these films are the greatest at depicting how inhumane these people are.

>Amongst all the filth and brutality, Milo's cuisine was just pushing moral wrongness too far.
kek.

Really. My drunk high ass just felt it was comic relief! For a guy to really be so bad of a cook he makes people have food poisoning is fucking wrong! Didn't feel it was a big part,. I feel ya though.

Its true, met a meth head / dealer who was so cool but really its not humane how they live with doing poison to get high.

To me it was just an extra way to show that their life is total shit. Their relationships with each other are shit, their conversations are shit, the food is shit, the deals are shit, the places are shit... They don't have anything to make up for their life if crime, really. If it wasn't for some comic relief, and like you said the Milo's cooking scenes can be there for it, these movies would just be utterly depressing.

Yes they are pure truth on that level of existing. I thought about that life but it ends up with being in Franks position of owing and trying to make a living or trying to collect and killing people or the usual low level shit of trying to deal to get by with the drug habit!

where in houston, senpai? i'm here for the summer and have no idea what there is to do

any cool cinemas?

I live in Seabrook TX SE TX down the road from NASA. Houston is the lamest biggest city! Wanna hang brah? Im fucked up, want to get way more fucked up!? Got mad tequila Way!!

As a Dane who lives in a poor, shit neighborhood, yes, it really feels authentic and almost all too real. I feel like I've met some of these guys several times.

The scene in the 3. film where they dispose of a body under a pizzaria was filmed at my local bella rosa.

Fedt, mand. Nu fik jeg lyst til pizza.

So exactly like only god forgives and valhalla rising?

Salatpizza bedste pizza

>salatpizza bedste pizza
tilbage til reddit med dig

Sut mig, plebeian.

Pretty mediocre desu. I haven't even bothered with the third.

>spoted the retard.
the second viewing of these movie might help, i'm sure you'll see what we are talking about

the second one is my favourite, third is also really good but it really feels like fan service, milo problem is just that he is getting old, mads character in the second film is about his realtionship with his dad, and how stupid he is, and how he want to be respected, the wrtting is flawless.

One of the most hidden and underrated trilogies of all time.

Pusher 2> pusher 3> pusher 1

Deal with it

I noticed on rewatching the series that each film in the series has a slightly different tone to them. The first is more of a hard-boiled crime film, the second more of a drama, and the third is on the verge of being a horror film. It's impressive how nuanced Refn was able to make each film while maintaining such consistency, despite the large gap between the first film and the sequels.

you're 50 miles from me up in north texas sorry familia, drinkin a lot of gin here though!

watched the 1st some months ago then the 2nd+3rd last couple days on amazon video
would rank 2>1>3
anyone seen Bleeder?
I really like gritty pieces about poor/fucked up low lifes, stuff like Lilja, Christina F, Angst, Man bites dog etc

It's probably poopoo on a stick but has anyone seen the British Remake?

This user has.

That's what I thought. Apparently there is an Indian remake also, any word on that?

>Indian remake
kek, I don't even want to know.

>Drinkin long island ice tea!

Angst is a goddamn piece of shit and Gaspar NoƩ an unbearable hack to call it a masterpiece just because of the score

I'd say Bleeder is Refn's weakest film aside from Fear X, which just had a complete disaster of an ending. Bleeder has the same gritty aesthetic and tone as the Pusher movies but aside from Mads the characters aren't nearly as compelling and it lacks the tension.

Why would anyone rate 3 over 2 and 1?

It's just a bunch of wacky cooking that goes nowhere.

LUL, Angst is great rare german KINO
casper noe is a faggot, i dont like his movies at all

Better question is, why would anyone not?

You can definitely make a case for 2 being better or at least equal to 3, but Milo was a much more interesting character than Frank and he ended up being surprisingly sympathetic - a tired old guy trying to make his bitch daughter happy and out of his element business-wise without the stomach to really get things done on his own anymore.

Plus the extended body disposal sequence with based Radovan is probably the best scene from the entire series.

I was posting about this movie for a bit before! Nobody ever commented back!

Second one is great. I remember that music near the end, and the strip tease had me in a trance, and the intensity of the scene. Oh man that movie was awesome.

>
>I was posting about this movie for a bit before! Nobody ever commented back!
>Second one is great. I remember that music near the end, and the strip tease had me in a trance, and the intensity of the scene. Oh man that movie was
awesome.

Forgot to recommend something for everyone. This movie is brilliant caper story thriller. Definitely has a strong tarantino feel but somehow it feels different on its own. Check it out!

youtube.com/watch?v=aFbrvPGvA34
relevant plus cute mads