Why do americans like bowl-shaped stadiums so much?

why do americans like bowl-shaped stadiums so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i3xtIQcVcms
youtube.com/watch?v=tDefF-zdtb8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freezer_Bowl
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Bowl_(1950)
serbenfiquista.com/usernews/foto-panorâmica-360º-benfica-vs-sporting-estádio-da-luz
youtube.com/watch?v=_rrsDC8pJtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ru9KCRZCJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=YMigCo7d4ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=f6LiuFfdrAg
youtube.com/watch?v=olqJbsWRtSM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Cheaper to build .

Loud

Don't know OP. Guess they like packed stadiums just for an excuse. But there crowd are too shitty. Worst than even english crowds. The only thing they scream is DEFENSEEEE, and ugly ass shit like that.

Labombonera.jpeg

woah, never knew it was that massive

It provides superior viewing you stupid spic

Define "loud"

you can throw your hot dogs better to potential customers, the primary reason american sports even exist

Accoustically, high levels of decibels

like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=i3xtIQcVcms

quite the opposite la', looks like an open space where the sound travels everywhere.
what you need for a loud stadium is it to be tall, preferably closed with steep stands

youtube.com/watch?v=tDefF-zdtb8

Can any Jehovah Witness, or morman abomination, or a.k.a. what people call americans, explain me why screaming repeatedly your teams name, and yelling DEFENSE called chearing? Is this really what you guys call "loud"? Does this cause pressure on oponentes or something like that?

The stands are tall but you can also jam as many people as possible this way
Michigan Stadium is the same way

>Can't afford roofing to shade the fans

Is this in the middle of Africa or something?

because potato chips and popcorn fit better in a bowl

Kinda simple
>cheap to build
>gigantic
>the primary sport played in these stadiums is played in any weather except extreme conditions

>Britpillars will defend this

adds character

Because a big soulless bowl is an embodiment their entire nation.

This is an amateur football stadium

Football is in the winter. Baseball stadiums sometimes do.

> have fence/door
> can just jump that little wall and go in

It was built to hold a neutral site game

>no shelter for rain or snow

Still

Its the stadium of some non league team, no one is going to worry about paying £2 to get in

>being a pussy

Better clapping acoustics.

Its a 105,000 capacity stadium to watch students play football, the fact its even build should be the real question

>european planning

is that for a high school team?

They dont need 20 foot fences and barbed wire because they are civilized and need not worry about 2000 argies starting a riot

This is the sort of shit Seattle would do.
Americans like bowls because they're reminiscent of the Colosseum

Prolly non-league soccer so its cost was likely not propped up by taxpayer money. Ive been over to some places like this amd its actually really comfy

There are other chants. Blackhawks fans chant Detroit sucks, for one.
NFL and NBA are the most brain dead leagues though, so defence is the only chant they have

Semi pro local team.

Highschools don't have stadia, we don't let pedos come and study sweaty young men at school

Being old while the opposite football team is on offense can either rattle them or make them not hear the count to snap.

That wouldn't happen if you were drunkedly singing gay songs all game.

>rain or snow in southern fucking California

lel

>engineerfag here

Bowl shaped stadiums are easier to build, can host more spectators and cost almost half of a "two story" stadium design. The downsides are that you can only build it if you have enough space, the spectator depth of field is compromised if the stadium is big enough (too much distance from the last row of seats of one corner to the opposite corner of the field) and evacuation plans must be laid off carefully because of the design.

We have stadiums/fans that produce reactions on seismographs. They create small earthquakes. Pic related.

While you are correct that steeper sides produce a better volume, that stadium you show has escape avenues for the sound waves. You need steep and bowled in.

Not as loud here as death valley im sure, but LSU fans said it was loud as fuck when they visited in 2011-ish. Havent heard it that loud since the VT game in 2003 and the miami games in the 90s. Fucking solid concrete just vibrating. Felt like it was going to come down.

>students
Sports science and africana studies are not real majors.

Ceilings of some kind (roof, decked stands) help too to echo the sound back down. Else all the noise just escapes skyward.

>played in any weather except extreme conditions

Define "extreme conditions" please.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freezer_Bowl

No, that a professional team.

Pic related is Burton Albion who are in the Championship.
They could get promoted and be in the Premier League next season.

What the hell is a roof gonna do?

it's in Pasadena CA... You realize it's sunny here 350 days (or more) every year.

That's nothing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Bowl_(1950)

Nothing. You would literally play under a meteorite shower if necessary, so I wondered what "extreme conditions" mean to you.

btw I love this shape of stadium , with pure geometry.

>all those policemen lol

in the 1980's Ken Bates the owner of Chelsea wanted to install electric fences to stop pitch invasions.

Thunderstorm or tornado
A very severe snowstorm
Roof collapse
A few times the turf was a problem

>lets build a roof and heat the stadium for this one game with extreme weather that happens once in a great while

really made me think

I mean you have to give them credit, the field looks top notch.

what a shit crowd. why are american so bad at being at doing chants and stuff. eastern europeans and latino crowds are much better with our chants.

chants are for children

serbenfiquista.com/usernews/foto-panorâmica-360º-benfica-vs-sporting-estádio-da-luz

Benfica has hands down the best Stadium, loved watching the CL Final in there back in 2014, Portuguese people are really nice too.

yeah sure
greece here (basketball game)
youtube.com/watch?v=_rrsDC8pJtQ
some brazillian fan bases here (there are a lot more teams)
youtube.com/watch?v=9Ru9KCRZCJ8
one from argentina
youtube.com/watch?v=YMigCo7d4ZE
much better sport atmosphere than the USA
also relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=f6LiuFfdrAg

let it go, faggot

lol. not the same guy. there are more than one brazillian here that knows how shit USA crowds are. pretty much, everyone that has ever gone to a football game in latin america realizes the difference. how much better our crowds are.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Am I a good crowd now?

Screaming like a mad bitch in heat does not make it a better crowd. These are different sports being enjoyed by different cultures.

Give it a rest.

The same reason you like dicks in your ass OP, because it fits a lot of people.
Those ending digits tho.

Hello Joao. When did your Grandparents migrate to Switzerland?

Yes, what will a roof and a closed structure do to keep the cold weather out. You really have made me think about how jewed I was to live in an apartment or house when I could be living for free on the street.

They don't.

All these bowl stadiums were built in the 40's or earlier. Look at any NFL stadium built in the last 20 years.

They're stewards

Also, I'd reckon the acoustics would be good for prayer calls too if that's more your thing.

Being loud is more important than singing faggy songs for NFL. You want to disrupt the team's play calling and rhythm with snapping.

Every since the olympics Brazilian posters have been hot garbage.

>They create small earthquakes
it's not the stadium

>7-1
kek

Sports games are not sing alongs friend. Are we talking about athletics or musical theatre here?

It was built in 1922. Large open bowls were the best way to get large crowds in those days.

Typically with American football, the major issue that causes delays is lightning. But it's not too much of an issue because the sport is played in winter so there aren't nearly as many thunderstorms.

It's the Brits. They've probably already started queuing at the door.

Plate-shaped stadiums are too flat. Cup-shaped stadiums are too narrow.

>Havent heard it that loud since the VT game in 2003

Was that the one where Marcus Vick pushed over a WVU sideline coach and flipped off the crowd and there was a riot in the stadium where the band got hit with teargas?

Reminds them of dinner

>######71
>7-1

This is the touchdown that caused it.

youtube.com/watch?v=olqJbsWRtSM

>If Only Our World
>Could Get This Excited
>About Our God

>80 posts
>the only informed one goes ignored
Sup Forums.org

We're talking about participating for our team, and not just yelling stupid shit for them just to pay attention. Do you think crowds like yours would make a difference in football? Of course not. Now play in signal park with BVB fans, or Maracana with Flamengo playing an important game, or Boca with Lá Borbonera. The players get fucking goosebumps and play for their team like of it was his family. That's why a bunch of away teams in the US win in NFL. If they lose for a home reason, it's because of the climate, or the wind. Never because of the fans. Just admit it, you guys are not good fans and suck at supporting, and suck ass at understanding what real sports and fanatism is.

It's so shit like this doesn't happen.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

keked at that last vid

Superbowl, Orangebowl, rosebowl... Gee I wonder...

Home field advantage is a very real thing in the NFL. Disrupting the opposing teams huddle with noise so they're unable to communicate the play to each other absolutely is a thing. We just don't recognize it like soccer does with idiotic "away goals", because real men should be able to win despite adversity.

You go on thinking though that the song you're singing is having an effect on the players. If I had to set through 90 minutes of passes at midfield I'd need a placebo too.

>get bored af at a soccer game
>start singing
checks out

Make way for the GOAT bowl

>Tfw haven't been to a game in Flambeau for 7 years
Still go up for training camp every summer tho

thanks for the explanation man

>If only we as a world and as God's people could get this excited for OUR GOD!
The bible belt everybody!

>implying i want shitty fans to have any impact whatsoever on a game

7-1

Does your country have stealth jet flyovers?

>seismograph was located a mere 300m from the stadium

ease up goober

It reminds them of food.

kek

>he's never forced an opposing offense to commit a delay of game penalty

Feel bad at this point.

>his fans have never pepper sprayed opposing teams players to try to force the other team to forfeit

Sad 2bh

its cheap and they can jerk of to muh capacity