Will she come back in Pacific Rim 2?

Will she come back in Pacific Rim 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2013/film/box-office/pacific-rim-fails-to-wow-japanese-auds-1200577862/
asianwiki.com/Shota_Sometani
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Um shut up

john boyega is the new ethnic.
she will be allowed a cameo

That would be fine, i dont want her having to kiss boyega. she probably wouldnt want it either.

She has to. Not only is she Japanese, providing a character to relate to for the most profitable audience of this sort of film, but she's a familiar face for fans of the first, as well as eye candy. Replacing her would be a huge mistake.

If they go for a completely new cast though, she should still be in it, but die a violent death. That would prove how tough the new Kaiju are that they were able to beat this experienced pilot while also giving cause for the newcomers to have to fight.

I hope so, given that Boyega is playing Pentecost's son, making him Mako Mori's brother. It would be remiss to leave her out.

>Not only is she Japanese, providing a character to relate to for the most profitable audience of this sort of film

Japan hates the actress and barely added to the international gross of the movie.

But I live in Japan, and when it released any time the movie came up when I was out with friends they immediately started talking about Mako.

Ok?

If she gets blacked ill kill myself

>Mexican director of an American movie managed to make a Japanese waifu character that isn't 2D
How is this possible?

what possible reason would they have not to bring her back?

>[citation needed]

no hot white guy for her to be in love with. asians dont like blacks.

he's one of us

Japs hates her and Chinks hate Japs. There's no reason for her to be in this.

>Japs hates her

why?

variety.com/2013/film/box-office/pacific-rim-fails-to-wow-japanese-auds-1200577862/

>A Livedoor News article from 2007 talked how in the wake of her international success, Kikuchi wasn't exactly in demand back at home and wasn't popular with Japanese housewives. When you don't have a fan base, being a talented actor isn't enough in Japan.

>On 2ch, Japan's largest bulletin board, a thread talked about why Kikuchi hadn't become popular in her home country. The thread is fairly brutal (actually, it's really brutal), and some say her looks aren't appealing to Japanese, while others commented about the graphic nudity in Babel—something that seemed unbecoming. Then, some didn't even know who she was.

>In 2010, Kikuchi appeared on afternoon variety show Waratte Iitomo!, which is an iconic Japanese program. It's an institution, like The Tonight Show. Her appearance went so poorly that people on Yahoo! Japan (here and here, for example) began saying she should never appear on variety or talk shows again. While she seemed stylish, Kikuchi didn't make a very good impression and came off as awkward. Perhaps she was nervous? Whatever the case was, she seemed to lose even more fans.

Basically jealous hens

>she married a 21 year old boy
>same age as you
>she will never be your mommy

Japs can be a sad bunch as you can see.

source?

They don't. Dumb smelly 2ch otaku losers hate her cause >NOTMUHNATIVE but they, just like their Sup Forums cousins, just pirate shit anyway so their opinions don't matter worth a yen. Japnormies on the other hand absolutely love her.

But apparently thr actress playing little Mako is huge over there

I dont hope so. She was terrible.

Japs loves lolis.......... Duh.

Does your dad work for Nintendo of Japan too?

WTF? i hate japan now

Who cares? Pacific Rim is shit

Her look is very un-Japanese. It would be really, really great if Americashits started waking up to this. You see it all the time in western comic books, video games, and now movies, whenever they have a Japanese character they try to make her as "exotic aaaaaaaaaaaznnnnn" as possible. Narrow slit tilted eyes, impossibly high cheekbones, angular jawline, dark bronzed skin like they spent the year working in the rice fields, jet black hair ALWAYS with colored streaks (NEVER forget the colored streaks, because asians are all hyper-exotic and mysterious and streak their hair and wear bizarre makeup shades to emphasize this). Meanwhile the actual Japanese standard of female beauty is so far away from this as to be practically alien: big doe eyes, soft round faces, pouty childlike lips, brown-tinted curly hair, very pale white skin.

Basically America still thinks that all Japanese look the same as the Vietnamese hookers in the movies like Platoon because they got their first boners to LUV U LONG TIME CHARLIE cliches like that.

Pacific rim was a really awful movie honestly. It felt like the actors thought they were in a cartoon - totally over the top retarded. Story is also really dumb. So disappointed that this had to be the big budget mecha movie.

>America needs more sliced up idolshit

Wait wut, so it's back on again?
Stop messing with my heart strings Del Taco

>shit posting on a jap imageboard constitutes "all japonese"

Yeah it seems like it's happening now but Del Toro isn't directing, it's been handed off to someone else. I really hope the new guy does well but I have doubts seeing as the last movie was a labour of love from a fan of the kaiju genre. Not sure of the chops of the new director but if he happens to have a similar interest in the genre then we might get something good.

>selective reading

Jackass.

this, christ
it's like saying americans hate chris pratt because fa/tv/irgins can't stop shitposting about him

OH MY GOODNESS THAT'S RACIST, THAT'S SO VERY RACIST AND YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON FOR THINKING THAT WAY SO I'M GONNA TELL, I'M GONNA TELL.

I want to Specifically Rim her wormy gook butt. Then plunge my five inches deep in her pin worm infested fart box.

PR was pretty shit, so it could probably benefit from someone directing who's interested in making a good movie, not just jerking off over kaiju.

I don't know. I kinda liked her, on the other hand she seemed a bit like the overachieving Asian female stereotype (muh simulation scores).
She's not a bad character but she could have been better.

>White main character from the previous movie dies
>She is now alone
>They bring Idris Elba's son (Boyega) because they are "relatives"
>They get more closer each other and start a romance
>Idris Elba is against it because they are "brothers"
>Final fight has Idris Elba in dangerous position
>They co-work and save Elba, but he's dying
>He accepts the "brothers" love before he dies.

That's how it will go.

>>Idris Elba is against it because they are "brothers"

You never even watched the first movie, shut the fuck up.

I get why people don't like it, but I had a fun experience watching it and still really enjoy it during rewatches (although it was definitely a movie made for the big screen). Honestly I'd love if the next film doesn't get bogged down with too much serious story, I liked the balance that the original had between its world building, story and action.

GOAT trilogy in the making 2bh

Anyone else find it kinda awkward when Hollywood tries to interact with Japan?

Like seeing a western star appearing on a Asian show and vise versa and they act sort of awkward because they don't really know anything about each others cultures.

Like how if you see a Japanese character on screen odds are they have a katana that's been in their families for generations and everyone talks about honor and samurai like they are still living in the 1600s.

Like it doesn't really happen as much with Chinese or Korean characters.

She's literally the japanese version of MEW

do a morph of them two

I know realize why they are both my movie crushes...

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'M SO FUCKING MAD
WHY IS THE NIGGER BOYEGA ALLOWED TO RUIN MY FAVORITE THINGS
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKM
I'M FUCKING STUPID MAD
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
NOBODY CARES ABOUT THIS FUCKING STUPID IDIOT

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>asian character
>knows marital arts and has dyed hair

but Elba is like ded.

>his name is literally shota
kek

HE'S PRODUCING THE MOVIE

HE'S SAVING THE FRANCHISE

Amen brother, let's just hope the movie doesn't suck.

because Pacific Rim was shit and Based Boyega is the only one who can save it

>First film had le elbow man of blackness
>But now suddenly Boyega is here so niggers are a huge problem

What

>HOLD ON MAKO
>MAKO
>HOLD ON MAKO

What is this mess about?

Shutup faggot

kikes

eye candy? She's ugly as fuck.

Nah she's a top qt

>green eyeballs

hey hey don't say something you'll regret

kek

Thak you Mr Skeleton

Why do they hate her?

Read the thread.

who cares what retarded japs think lmao

this is the worst post of all time
literally kill yourself

her character was catering to an obvious yellow fever audience
> hew hew, all the other pilots are blood-related but fuck that, let's bake-in a stereotypical hollywood story by having the protagonist get it-on with the asian set piece.

plus she's not attractive by japanese movie standards. Imho it would have been more helpful if her character stayed consistent throughout the movie instead of some western emulation of rei ayanami with a hollywood cookie-cutter romance baked in.

i hope she does, but not as a love interest. She should be boyega's piloting mentor. And cut out that stupid dye tip thing they did to her.

>Implying hollywood is going to miss a chance to force an unnecessary romance in a film

I don't know why it seems to be the case but for some reason some kind of romantic subplot seems to just be mandatory for most movies

asianwiki.com/Shota_Sometani

so you think mexicans can't be bigger weebs than you? They've been showing anime on tv consistantly for over 50 years. I'm pretty sure they have multi-generational weebs.

>> Mako looks like bruce lee in this picture ...

>romance
you didn't watch it

this, they still show dragon ball on Canal 5

yfw there are probably articles in jap newspapers to that effect

Are there any chinese articles saying WARCRAFT BIG HIT, AMERIPIG NERDS BTFO

Daily reminder

yeah, unfortunately i did pay to see it since my friend was a big robofan. if you were there you'd know I've had this opinion on this obvious yellow-fever tainted film the minute the credits started rolling.

>no kiss
>no sex
>just cute hand holding

the yellow fever nerd is you

does she have a cameltoe?

I hope not. She was the most cringe worthy thing about this weebshit flick.

this
and
this

>Shota

Why are Japanese people white?

She looks more like Knives Chau there

Wasn't that the point? It felt just like watching a silly fun mecha cartoon. Why would you want yet another movie taking itself too seriously with a premise like "big robots fight bigger aliens"

Idris Elba looks alright. The problem with Boyega is that he looks like a fucking caveman (and acts like one too).

I watched Pacific Rim for the first time recently. Overall decent, better than I was expecting. The movie never even pretends to care about realism, it just doesn't broach the subject because that's not the point.

The general yet well executed message is that society is one giant robot, and we all are pilotting it together. Building a wall to keep the deep things out doesn't solve anything, and you've got to open up and admit your past to surpass it. I'd say a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Man, if anybody plays Metroid games and knows about the Japanese reaction to Other M, hearing this is a real eye-opener. Sometimes Japan can get fucked.

They explicitly avoided Mako getting it out with Raleigh. Bill Bull described their scenes as "sex without the sex".

Farscape ending

>They cast that thing so that Gal would look like she has a pinch of mass by comparison.