Wow! Good on Bruno Mars for telling it like it is, right Sup Forums?

Wow! Good on Bruno Mars for telling it like it is, right Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKqJe0t263A
youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hes right
but only losers whine about who created what. its about the results

does anyone care what any of these industry propagandists have to say about anything at this point?

They're agents of a system that had been proven to be corrupt.

But sure, let's have another round of ((())) cranking up the race divide machine.

Its true tho

In terms of being truly American (not strictly of just European or African or w/e origin), yeah except maybe bluegrass.

What black people often lacked in economical power, they brought more than enough in terms of cultural power when it comes to America

>But sure, let's have another round of ((())) cranking up the race divide machine.
(((Bruno Mars)))

But before this becomes a pol thread, I do think it's disingenuous to say all American music is Black music. There was/is a huge black influence, but a lot of ethnicities developed their own styles at around the say and influenced each other.

You say Chuck Berry, I say Elvis Presley
You say Michael Jackson, I say the Beach Boys
You say Grandmaster Flash, I say Eminem

invented by blacks, perfected by whites

we wuz scottish folk music n sheeeit

YEA ALL DAT SHIT BE OURS NOW

Slaves != Americans

Does that make nobody except CEOs and shareholders an American nowadays?

This may be true, but its the whites that optimized and attained true success with the forms of music.

Think about the best sellers

Blues - John Lee Hooker
Jazz - Kenny G
Third Stream - George Gershwin
Rock n Roll - Elvis
Hip Hop - Eminem

American Indian music is the ONLY trve American music.

>all American music is Black music
This is disingenuous for sure in terms of the fact that what often made it American music to begin with is combination of the European with the African/or Caribbean.

But black people are the ones who ever even thought of doing something like that first though.

pretty good desu

youtube.com/watch?v=vKqJe0t263A

Someone needs to tell him the speakers round the wrong way.

>But black people are the ones who ever even thought of doing something like that first though.
I'm not sure. Turn of the century folk and country took inspiration from Negro spirituals and Blacks took inspiration from Folk and combined it with their Gospel music when making Blues.

Why are they acting as if they came to some new resolution that some genres were crafted by black? Everyone i've ever known has said it always. they're acting as everyone is denying it, But no one is.

These kinds of articles don't improve race relations

1. that ignores electronica, traditional folk, classical etc.
2. just because a genre was invented by blacks doesn't mean that whites didn't improve or perfect it (not always the case of course, funk for example is largely best done by blacks)

Folk and the country the way we think of it now took its inspiration from blues.

Blues took its inspiration from spirituals, gospel music, and European folk music.

>enslave Africans
>take credit for their musical innovations
>whites copy it
>discredit the blacks entire input

FUCK YEAH AMERICA!!!1!!

Why does Sup Forums even bother with the parentheses when pretty much everybody knows it's a way to say "the Jews"

(((())) tracking us down gotta be careful

Humans are all just chimps anyway desu

>Grandmaster and eminem in the same sentence
KYS

To say that blacks invented "all genres" is a fucking stupid absolute statement, but it's not entirely wrong. I don't think anyone even disagrees with it.

What the fuck was the point of this article? Is it implying that white people should stop making music, or at the very least American music? Because that's never going to fucking happen.

And?

the White Man is responsible for modern life as we know it, and created the language that he speaks.

But you don't see me reminding you how god tier the white man is, despite my people conquering 3/4ths of the planet earth

WE WAZ MAKIN MUSIC AND SHIEET

Folk predates the blues in its traditional form.

Prior to the 20th century, everybody created their own music, and incorporated whatever they heard and liked into it

>vaginas tracking us down gotta be careful

>"american" blacks

reminded that Mozart was actually a BLΛƆK slave descended from the pharaohs of egypt.

even classical is by africans.

Really makes you think...

>Electronica
Most of the most influential, earliest figures at least in the American stream of electronic music were black i.e Afrika Bambaataa, Grandmaster Flash. They were among the first in America to heavily utilize the drum machine, sampling, programming synths ect. Before that, Herbie Hancock was pretty much the first ever acclaimed master of the synth and Chameleon is pretty much the first successful song to feature a synth bass line.

>Traditional folk
Well true but all the "traditional folk" that wasn't black in America basically was just imported from Europe, Celtic stuff and Irish jigs and the like. The first form of actual American folk music were slave songs.

>Classical
Ok to be fair yes 20th century "classical" (art music whatever you want to call it) is pretty much all white I'll give you that

>facts black created everything we even created white people they come from us

>My people

There is literally no stronger indicator of a pathetic loser of a person than that they claim the accomplishments of other people that look similar to them, despite having literally no part in them.

> The first form of actual American folk music were slave songs.

Native American Indians are just written out of US history altogether these days?

I can't hear you over all the white tears. Shouldn't you be listening to varg while jerking off to shirtless pics of mike cernovich?

Potent bait over here folks. Almost got me.

>blues took inspiration from european folk music
there ya go, full circle. But this goes back to what
was saying, playing the whole "blues took inspiration from white music :^)" card is just kind of fucking lame, even if it's technichally at least partially correct, because at that point its just like who gives a shit. And yeah, I realize midget ricky martin is essentially doing the same thing, but that doesnt mean you have to lower yourself to his level. Just go "yeah wow ricky martin thanks for the info are you going to sing livin la vida loca now" and move on with your life. And like
said too its not like anyone is denying that rock and roll was deeply rooted in blues which was a very much black genre.

Actually you are totally right. I should say the first United States folk music.

Yep, fuck off

But for real though, Native American folk is incredibly underrated desu.

in roots, no shit. black people dominated music until the 70s and haven't done shit since

Damn fucking straight nigger, now back in your box.

Really gets the noggin joggin

Like Bruno Mars, for example.

Classical was invented by blacks too

>american music
>american music

american music

..american music

WE

Black people aren't American, they're African

Of course it does! But that isn't American though.

WUZ

So are we just pretending europeans had no input on music at all? The Spanish even created the guitar so is that not appropriation of white culture blacks using the guitar? It pains me that people are going to read this article and be like "Blacks invented everything whitiey just white washed it" No ones even denying that blacks had significant influences in blues and other genres.

It's the same as saying B

youtube.com/watch?v=vUEN1ZuDSMg

MUSIC

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Les Paul created the guitar you mongoloid, then some spic stole it.

-IANS AN SHIIIIIIIIEEEET

are you an actual retard or just trolling?

The first humans were black, aren't white people appropriating black culture by existing?

White people aren't American, they're European

None of them are wrong tho.

Aren't all races then? What even is black culture, are we talking about different tribes in Africa or your standard Detroit gangster?

I'm just memeing

YOU JUST GOT PRANKED

Exactly.

The only true American music is native American Indian music.

>falling for the "only the original custodians of the land are legit!" meme

There's no doubt that the origins of rock lie in blues, which is an absolutely black genre. Saying something like progressive rock or electronic music or new-wave is 'black music' is a massive stretch though.

Another Sup Forums thread disguised as a thread about music.

We pretending that european folk, European classical and European gospel definitely had nothing to do with influencing music during the early days of Music in the US?

Then why are you kicking out all the middle-eastern and Mexicans? They're Americans too by that logic.

cringe

Africans slave descendants are Americans so we can say we invented shit other than junkies with peyote.

the one true escape is to listen to asian music, which has no ties to black musicians.

>in b4 we wuz samurais

They aren't though? Just the illegals you moron, Guess what? every country doe this.

But asians were once black two?

"Americans" are the people who made the country into what it is, and those people are predominantly european.

"We wuz here first n shiet" isn't much of a contribution, and it certainly doesn't give you the right to enter the country illegally.

Most of it definitely has ties to black music though. Unless you're talking about their boring traditional music.

>Americans rewriting history for credit

loooooool, Africans invented all the music, you'd just forced them to live in your shithole country at the time with shackles "n shiet".

You should probably go back into the basement, your collection of ww2 memorobilia needs polishing.

Its fine when brown people do it though

if you're talking about their modern westernized music, got some bad news for you

Lol, did you copy & paste this from r/TheRedPill? Trash

wtf, I love blacks now!!!

I wish James Brown would come back and kill everyone

Great arguments

>bluegrass
leadbelly

So youre ready to pick blueberries? 4AM start time.

Why does it have to belong solely to one group. American music is an amalgamation of all sorts of European and African influences.