>sit in the AC'd booth with a stereo
>chat with coworkers about movies all shift
>flirt with the qt new hire
>sell tickets all night
>walk around the theaters catching random parts of movies
>can tell what ones i should see/not see
>leave at 2 AM
>get drunk again

why don't you guys work at a movie theater?

But user, I do.

In fact I had a very similar shift to the one you're describing.

I actually have a career

Because my job earns 6 figures.

Because what you posted is not that 99% of theatre jobs are. Someone working in a theatre would most likely be cleaning overturned tubs of popcorn and spilled soda from lardasses who were too lazy to put them in the garbage can.

This, making minimum wage sounds really lame.

I do, I work part time at a cinema.

Also I own my own home and car so fuck all the "maths major guaranteed 200k" posters

Im not a manbabby

I worked at a small local theater for two years. It was fantastic. Then the owner fired a few managers and stole their money from their paychecks, and we protested in front for a few days and got money back. Apparently he's doing it again now.

Good thing I nabbed like 100 passes before quitting with everyone else

>tfw fell for the computer science meme
>working IT and part time at a theater
>barely making over 50k a year

kill me

no it doesn't you liar

If you're single that's not too shabby.

not when you're working 55 hours a week

Nah m8. If you value your life more than material possession, minimum wage is the best. Its almost impossible to get fired, you can be cheeky to your manager, turn up late do whatever you want. I work in an office earning £18000 now and its shit. The manager is stuck up fag and my co-workers are all boring proffesional idiots.

I make more per hour than you and lay carpets. Self employed so it's an easy life.

I don't a give a fuck m8.

I was saying you could have a better life if you wanted. No wonder you're unhappy.

I understand overwhelming hours for underwhelming pay but you're still doing better than most.

I can do all of that because I have skills that are in high demand, courteously fuck off.

Sorry for being mean I thought you were making fun of me.

shut up fag

Give me you bank account numbers so I can verify

>cleaning the popper using chemicals that are incredibly toxic
>dealing with shitstain customers who make you hate humanity
>dealing with brain dead suck-up assistant managers who think you should always be doing something, even if it's just pretending to sweep floors
>cleaning theaters and finding fucking soda traps left for you by asshole teenagers
>people constantly complaining to you about prices, even though you have fuck all to do with it
>your clothes smelling like popcorn oil, after a year or two it makes you want to retch when you smell popcorn
>having to clean bathrooms that are literally sprayed with diarrhea by the human filth that goes to general release movies
>having coworkers that literally don't give a fuck and steal from the theater, forcing you to do inventory over and over because of the missing stuff then eventually being docked for a portion of the missing stuff even though you didn't take any, and you can't say anything because you'd be considered a snitch

Worked in multiple movie theaters when I was younger. It's fucking hard work for little pay and makes you cynical if you do it for more than a year. Worse than retail.

>i have no ambition in life and am happy being someone who means nothing

Nah, the self loathing shows with your drinking faggot

I agree with many of your points, but I work at a cinema, too.
And I love it

I just got a job at a theater, gotta fill out employment forms on Thursday.

Fuckin' hype desu.

I have to add that it is not full time.
I do it while i study and I hope to do a real job in the future

>working at a movie theater

Do people over 16 actually do this?

>not living off NEET bucks

Stop embarrassing yourself cuck

>go into shift last month
>new qt worker
>we're both in concession
>slow night
>talk to her about her favorite movies
>her favorite directors are cronenberg, polanski, fincher, and miike
>holy fuck
>we flirt the entire shift
>start talking about movies out now
>mention the conjuring 2
>"oh yeah me and my boyfriend were thinking of seeing it soon"

why the fuck are women such slimeballs

And most importantly, my cinema is not in a Ghetto so I don't have to deal with coworkers stealing or cleaning toilets

I never had to work in the ghetto, the theaters I worked at were fairly nice and new.

The worst employees were always the spoiled suburban kids. There were some poor people who worked at the theaters and they were usually just glad to have the job.

Because I want to make more than minimum wage...

cucked lmao

>why the fuck are women such slimeballs

>boohoo i was friendzoned by a girl cause she talked to me without wanting to have sex
KYS

Then maybe you just had Bad luck, or I was lucky.
Either way I like my job for now

How long have you had the job?

If working at a cinema was like that, everyone would do it. I have friends who have worked at cinemas and all they do is rotate between

>ticket counter
>food counter
>ticket handling at the doors
>garbage disposal

A job like you're describing is more close to a late night security job where you just sit there staring at surveillence cameras hoping no one causes trouble. And even then, a new boss always comes along and fucks it up (example: no internet browsing at work anymore).