The Sopranos

Just finished watching season 3, none of my friends watch it or have ever watched it so I'll share my thoughts here.

Pros:
>Acting, especially Gandolfini
>University, Pine Barrens, and Amour Fou are all top tier episodes
>Livia's funeral
>Chrissy getting made
>Jackie Jr robbing the card game
>Pussy flashbacks
>End of Employee of the Month
>Janice getting BTFO by Russians

Cons:
>Ralphie feels like he exists because the writers regret killing Richie and need an evil mob character
>Meadow is fucking insufferable
>CGI Livia
>All the setup with the FBI in the first episode ended up being pretty pointless
>Junior is just suddenly cancer free and out from house arrest in the final episode

>Meadow is fucking insufferable
She deserves more hate than she gets.

Janice is objectively worse but at least people give her shit all the time, Meadow just gets away with everything.

I don't really get how people find her annoying, I think she provides some really amusing drama.

Janice is great because her actress and Gandolfini have amazing brother sister chemistry, the way they fight is hilarious.

Meadow is...well, insufferable is probably about the best word for it. Carmela pissed me off a lot too.

>Carmela
>have lifestyle above average American, well above average person worldwide
>spends season 3 and 4 bitching to Tony about "WHERE'S THE MONEY TONY!?"

>teenager with a dysfunctional family is insufferable

stop the fucking presses

>regret killing Richie and need an evil mob character

richie wasn't fucking evil

>a female teenager is insufferable

stop the fucking presses

>doubting based Ralphie

You will learn

Ralphie is one of the best characters on the show.

not necessarily evil but my point was they needed someone to create conflict for tony in the mob world

>Richie was not "evil" you idiot, and Ralphie is one of the better characters in the show.
>Junior went through surgery and chemo and got an exemption to go to Jackie Jr's funeral
>The setup with the FBI is not pointless because as the last episode states they are now going after Adriana because the wire is out of Tony's home
>CGI Livia was needed as the actress died and they needed closure to the Livia storyline

None of your friends have watched this but, I bet they watch GoT every week right?

>I never said Ralphie was a bad character, but i feel his introduction was a little forced
>I know Junior was getting treatment, but I would have liked to see more of him in the finale, he's one of my favorites
>The FBI shit in the finale could have stood on its own without the setup, they were just killing time because Nancy Marchand's death made them scrap a lot of S3
>They needed some kind of closure but they went about it in the worst way possible

My friends and I all watch GoT weekly, yeah. We all agree its gone downhill though.

Its all downhill for Junior after season 3.

you were right though, richie was super evil

She was whoooore

>hesh
>bro tier

what the fuck are you smoking my man

>feech lamana not on the list

the man was a legend

enjoy OP, seasons 4-6 are the real stride of the show. I'm jealous you have yet to experience episodes like The Test Dream, Sopranos Home Movies, Members Only, The Blue Comet, and Whoever Did This.

God speed.

Pine Barrens is the most reddit episode. It could be a Breaking Bad episode. If you think it's in the top 95% of Sopranos episodes then the show is going over your head.

>>All the setup with the FBI in the first episode ended up being pretty pointless
That was because Nancy Marchand died and they had to scramble for something because season 3 was gonna be about her testifying against Tony and Jackie Jr. This is why Ralphie was introduced too.

The fact that the flaws of the show have understandable explanations doesn't stop them from being flaws. A work of art should be judged on it's own, and as a work The Sopranos is COMPROMISED.

I understand what you're saying and I consider season 3 to be mostly messy as a result (almost as messy as 1 I'd say). however, it's still an entertaining mess, and by the end it really pulls together. Army of One is a stellar finale that sets up the second half of the series very well.

nope, season 4 is when he gets a mistrial by "pretending" to be mentally incompetent

I actually tried watching the series a couple years ago but gave up around mid season 2 (have no fucking idea why).

Since then I didn't really care about getting spoiled so I know a fair bit about the big events in the series, and I'm really kicking myself for it now.

Still I understand that the Sopranos is more about the ride than the destination so I'm excited despite knowing generally where the show is going.

Yeah a lot of people complain that The Sopranos tends to be episodic and the plot generally isn't the most important aspect of the show, but I think it makes the show instantly more unique and stand the test of time as a result. Many years later I can still turn on a random episode and enjoy it, much like Seinfeld or All in the Family.

SHINE OUR SHOES?

yeah but that was also when he got hit by the boom mike, starting his downfall into dementia. He should have died from cancer with some amount of honor still left.