Tattoos

Who has a music-related tattoo here? I'm getting pic related on the arm tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

thecrimson.com/article/2016/3/8/tattoos-at-harvard-cover/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only good choice

That's probably the best logo to have tattooed

Psychick TV cross
Bauhaus logo
the name of an album
would be cool too

I personally wouldn't get any music tattoos though, I don't think I still like the same music when I'm 40

>Psychick TV cross
this.

Why? Do you feel it expresses something unique about your personality? Are you proud of your edgy taste? Are you actually so simple-minded that getting a fucking logo-tattoo is your way of expressing infatuation with a musical group?

damn.....

>Neubauten
>Edgy

If someone is getting a Neubauten tattoo, I'd think it's safe to assume a certain degree of edgyness is involved.

Seriously, am I the only one thinking it's a bit... childish? Something a teenage girl would do

Judging folks by the pictures on their skin is exactly what a teenage girl would do.

BTFO

damn, its too early for such deep thinking

I'm rather judging the act of getting said tattoo. Don't try and tell me that's a teenage-girl thing. You do similar judgements of other people's choices and so does everyone

How is it different from a teenage-girl getting a "I

music tattoos are pure cringe and you will almost certainly later regret it.

That's not really an example of getting BTFO

Blurry pic of mine

>judging people by their actions is immature

tattoo culture is truly moronic

To me it is

it's a nice looking logo

thinking of getting this

it's an old symbol from central America, it's not actually Neubauten's own design.

i thought about taking the III sign skrillex has as an logo or the jack u smiley. i dont really give a fuck and more tats the better.

what yall think could this work? either in the hand, abs, neck or a leg

You'll regret it by the time you're in middle-school

ya know everyone is going to think you're copying Rollins right?

ITT: teenager's terrible ideas

pretty hardcore that im poppin pussy doing drugs and partying hard before middle school #yolo

i´m into the music the symbol represents. let me check out your favourites and call them shit now

I'm not making fun of your musics tastes.

I'm making fun of the absolutely awful idea of scarring yourself permanently to put a band logo on your body.

Maybe, just buy a t-shirt?

When your older you'll thank me.

it´s maybe awful to you but A i dont give a fuck and B i´m not scared of permanent changes, i´ve done tattoos before and would do them again.

as long as your neck, face and hands are clean the employers / bosses accept them. you don´t take that shit to get everyone´s respect you take them coz you wanted that shit

believe me kid, by the time your 30 you'll feel ridiculous.

yes because Rollins is the only Neubauten fan

it's not a "band logo", it's a symbol from like 700 AD that Blixa thought looked cool. It's a symbol, not a logo.

by the time you're 30 you shouldn't care enough to feel ridiculous

Here's mine. It's a shadow piece. I got it after years of pondering, and then I finally got a management position at my favourite record store. Hate me but I like it. Also it's on my chest so nobody will ever see other than those closest.

i want the bathtub and mirror

like anyone is going to think that. Like other user said, it's already an iconic tattoo because of Rollins.

no other user is correct. Put on a shirt today that you thought was cool 15 years ago and see if how that works out for you. Grown men with band logos tattooed on them look foolish.

how deep

That's not a mirror. It's a window.

I do.
Pic related.

très edgelord user

you're right. i don't know why i wrote mirror.

just get a tool tattoo you fucking normie

40 year old oldfag here. user, the other user is correct.

Source: I know a 42 year old guy with a Mighty Mighty Bosstones tattoo.

I promise you it does not look cool.

I'm debating whether or not to get a music related tattoo, but if I did it'd most likely be pic related. Maybe the C93 Noddy or the TG symbol too. My main thing is as much as I absolutely love those artists, it'd be annoying to explain the artist or symbol to every person who asks, and there's really no reason to display your music tastes on your skin when you can just my music taste. But at the same time they are really neat symbols and representative of my favorite artists.

when you can just ask me*

I have over one hundred, but most are just words, like titles and names and lyrics, but also album covers and logos

That logo is on my chest

why can't people just buy fucking t-shirts? Why do they have to get the super serial edgelord tattoos?

The logo has a fucking Wikipedia page, listing people and places the tattoo can be found

>I have over one hundred

juste qualité, mon ami

Well at a certain point it becomes impossible to count, you know? It's either over a hundred or one giant tattoo that covers over half my body

noice. i have the EN and PTV logos tattooed in my arms.

Einsturzende Neubauten tattoos are for people who are too edgy to get Black Flag tattoos

I know a women who just spent $12k having a Cat Power tattoo removed. Tattoos in general are stupid, but band tattoos are really really really stupid.

But I love Neubauten and Damaged is a terrible album, My War was very inconsistent but had some great bits, I would never see why anyone would want a Black Flag tattoo because they have so much shit while Neubauten are still putting out great music over three decades into their career and never stopped

Jesus, you must really hate being alive to waste that much money removing a tattoo

I hate being alive and I would never spend that much on tattoo removal or any cosmetic bullshit for that matter

She didn't hate being alive, she hated the stupid tattoo.

You ought to have to be at least 30 to get a tattoo.

The tattoo industry preys on young people with limited perspective.

Well, she had to have hated herself...you really have to be more specific to justify the cost of that tattoo removal, was it covering the entirety of her face? Then maybe it could be understood (but then the hating life thing, again, comes in to play)

Also, I know you don't live in the real world, but adults get just as "dumb" (if not worse tattoos) than teens

As someone covered in tattoos who spent years working for the biggest corporation in Canada, most of my management and even their bosses had all sorts of tattoos, sometimes huge ones, and a lot of them got some pretty "silly" ones while in those managerial positions and in their 30's and 40's, it's not really that weird, all tattoos seem silly if you put too much weight on the idea of having them

No, she hated the tattoo, was embarrassed by it for years, had the money, and decided it was worth it to have it removed.

That's not hating life, that's perspective. The overwhelming majority of adults do not want what they thought was cool as a teenager inked on them for the rest of their life.

The trick is to exercise a little foresight BEFORE you go mutilating yourself.

Please. We both know that if they raised the age of consent to say 30 for tattoos, the entire industry would be devastated. Shops would close down left and right.

>As someone covered in tattoos who spent years working for the biggest corporation in Canada, most of my management and even their bosses had all sorts of tattoos,
NYC professional here. I suspect this is bullshit. Very few of my colleagues have tattoos (that I know about), and tattoos in general are looked at as white trash/chav.

I guess I don't hang around young people and haven't since I was in high school but I'd say most of the people I know who are proud of their tattoos, are over 30, I don't when they all necessarily got them though

Most people who hate tattoos, tend to be under 20, based on this website at least

I feel that if one's gonna get a tattoo of someone/something, in this case a band, it shouldn't be a musician/artist they have only been into for a short amount of time. Like, for me, I do think that the EN and Psychic TV logos are cool as shit, but I have been a fan of that general earlier industrial scene for like about three years now. So maybe not sure about that one for me. But a band like Swans that I have been a fan of since 2009? A band that has seen me through my best and worst times, through high school, college, and now my adult life? A band whose discography I have loved for so long, and don't see that stopping any time? Yeah, that I would get.

>NYC professional here
Yeah...of all the places, you actually don't have much room to talk considering the kind of people you work with if you're actually a NYC professional.

Maybe things are different in Canada? I'm not saying there tattoos were clearly visible, but they were all proud of them. Maybe they only showed them to me because mine were all over my body.

Like store managers who had giant back tattoos, intricate full tattoos on their arms and legs, all sorts of little tattoos on chest and arms and so forth, they were all things you didn't see when they wore their formal attire, but on days when the store was closed or they dressed casual, the tattoos were often clearly visible or they just pulled up their clothes to show them off. Sometimes I find it more difficult these days to find people who don't have tattoos.

so much implication. it's just a cool logo my man. i'd get it and i don't even listen to EN.

Right, being embarrassed for years by something as paltry as a tattoo and then paying enough money to enjoy life for a very comfortable six months to have it removed is very much the definition of hating yourself.

most of the the peopkle I know over 30 openly regret their tattoos and several have had them removed Which like the other user said is expensive, and doesn't always work. My friend tried to remove a tattoo from his forearm. Spent thousands of dollars and underwent hours of painful sessions. There was so much scar tissue he has to wear long sleeves even when it's like 100 degrees out.

>Sometimes I find it more difficult these days to find people who don't have tattoos
the higher up you go socioeconomically, the fewer tattoos you see.

Cool, most of the people I know over 30 don't regret their tattoos at all, and are living happy successful lives.

>tattoos
>music-related tattoos

cringe

if i saw you id laugh at you for being such a tryhard poser

t. middle class person

Like the consumption of cigarettes, it's a bell curve when it comes to that stuff.

>paying enough money to enjoy life for a very comfortable six months
you are clearly very young.

12k isn't a ton of money to spend to remove something you find embarrassing.

oh man i'll never drink chocolate milk again

hello montiedrone, ready to shitpost on Sup Forums again?

Nope.

Go to an ivy league college and then go to a trailer park or housing project and get back to me with your bell curve bullshit.

i dont buy into that poser shit

shit like neber whatever the fuck is rym-core that is neither genuinely experimental and left field, nor is it exactly top 40, its this lingering middle ground for people that want to look edgy and unique but arent creative or intelligent or whatever enough to actually pursue something thats genuinely innovative or interesting

so yeah, if is saw someone with that tat, id write them off as a poser, especially since they went as far as to tattoo it, something a high schooler would do to begin with

half of mu is filled with this lingering middle ground poseurs anyway

>12k isn't a ton of money to spend to remove something you find embarrassing.
Right? I just spent 6k on dental work and am pretty certain I don't hate myself.

People at college often tend to have tattoos. What are you on about? Considering we are doing anecdotal evidence, it's not much, but my friend that literally does live in a trailer park with his family has no tattoos since he doesn't have the money to frugally spend on stuff like that.

No, I'm just poor and live in a country that pays for all medical care

Here's my Neubauten tattoo I got a few years ago, yes I realize I'm fat

>People at college often tend to have tattoos.
Of course you dishonest huckster. That was not the argument.

The point is the higher you go up the more the tattoos start thinning out.

>he doesn't have the money to frugally spend on stuff like that.

and yet somehow every lowlife in this country manages to find a way

how far gone must one be for image to matter to them as much as it seems to matter to you

i don't think tattoo removal counts as medical care user. No matter where you live.

Exactly, because nobody actually needs it, it's a waste of money, even plastic surgery gets paid for, but tattoo removal is considered a little too absurd

It doesn't. If I see a poser, whatever, who cares. They like the image and at least tried to delve into something past top 40.

Also, I have nobody to "show off" an image for anyway, so it's not like there's incentive to start with.

you got all the answers for why he cant get that tattoo but can you explain why you are such an insufferable faggot

>tattoos
>2017

>The point is the higher you go up the more the tattoos start thinning out.
Maybe, maybe not. But this sounds more like a correlation thing than a causation of something like being stupid.

thecrimson.com/article/2016/3/8/tattoos-at-harvard-cover/

>and yet somehow every lowlife in this country manages to find a way
Huh, really? I wonder if that means tattoos are inherently stupid, or maybe because these people make bad financial decisions.

Seriously, this weird association stigma with tattoos you guys are displaying is as illogical as the people that get shitty tattoos without thinking about them.

>heterosexuality
>2017

you're just a straight up denier.

>Really? poor people have a lot of tattoos? her dee durr.

Tattoos are low class. Like bumper stickers. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Denier of what? Come on, please elaborate instead of just talking shit like a narrow minded loser.

Prove it.

Tattoos where pretty much the sole domain of sailors and criminals as recently as 25 years ago. Don't believe me, go watch an NBA game from the 80s. Go look at pics of early punk shows.

The entire invented history of tattoos is a fucking scam. You kids have been duped.

>"Wow user I didn't know you were a huge pokemon fan!"

Something being the sole domain of a certain group of people doesn't make it entirely associated with them. For example blues based music was the sole domain of slaves until the beginning of the 20th century. Now it's all over the world.

Even then, tattoos were not the sole domain of sailors and criminals. They have existed for thousands of years, and were on the likes of chieftains or people ranging from lower to the upper castes in India during ancient times, as well as criminals in some places.