What was Sup Forums's honest opinion on Warcraft?

What was Sup Forums's honest opinion on Warcraft?

It's good. Not great, but good.

Could be worse but not good.
4/10

why dont you check the other 3 threads about it dumbass

Personally, i enjoyed it! Particularly loved the inclusions of Durotan and Draka staying alive longer than in the games, and loved the performance of whoever played Khadghar. Plus, those orcs look amazingly well animated and designed...

7/10 for warcraft nerds/virgins
2/10 for normies who dont follow/dont give a fuck about this bullshit.

2/10 from me.

it was fine, good even. piss off. You go, enjoy yourself, watch some skulls get crushed and great on screen magic and go home.

You didnt enjoy yourself, then you are a braindead drone

The movie was pretty damn amazing senpai. Enjoyed the action, the magic, the way they twisted the lore to make it work better in a 2 hour movie.

Durotan died during the second war in the games you fuck.
The Frostwolf clan settled in the Alterac Mountains which is why Thrall was found and brought up in Lordearon.

>urotan died during the second war in the games you fuck.
>The Frostwolf clan settled in the Alterac Mountains which is why Thrall was found and brought up in Lordearon.

>muh lorefags butthurt about the retcon

I found it funny people were shocked when Medive transformed into the demon after stepping into the fel pool. I forgot at that point if you didn't play the games you didn't really know what Fel is.

I watched it with 2 friends who have no idea about the lore and they both liked it.

Reeeeeeeeee

We Love it and Hate it.

Like everything.

Best you can know is that the first act is riddled with bad acting and bad editing.

The second gets better. The third is great.

If you can sit through the boring part with clumsy introductions, you'll enjoy it in the end.

I loved it. It's not perfect, but you can tell a lot of care was put into. Some editing issues here and there. On par or better than Jungle Book, Civil War, Apocalypse or any recent big movie. Critics fucked up.

>retcon
It's alternate continuity, it does not retcon the game continuity.

Not a disaster, but intensely mediocre. There are regularly much worse F U N P O P C O R N F L I C K S being put out, I'll say that.

The game is for fucking virgin losers just like every other MMO.

Movie sucks as well.

Only good thing to ever come out of WoW is that South Park episode.

Anyone on Sup Forums who shows review scores as if it's a concrete fact that that number is the movies worth. Is not worth listening to and worth hiding the thread.

>On par or better than Jungle Book, Civil War, Apocalypse or any recent big movie. Critics fucked up.

yikes.

6/10

Orcs were amazing. Big, intimidating, brutal. I loved how they showed how fucking superior orcs were to humans physically, every punch or slash looked like it could mutilate any normie. I hope there will be a sequel and this time we'll actually get to see taurens.

This is a Warcraft thread bud edit your picture.

expected worse 6/10

Never played the game but I enjoyed the movie and hope the make a sequel. It was campy and fun, main reason why I dislike LoTR was how serious it took itself with all the big speeches and shit. Warcraft had none of that, it was just a good adventure fantasy movie.

>blizzdrones will rate steaming bowls of diarrhea positively if someone pissed a blizzard logo in it like latte art
what else is new

Sharknado was trying to be bad on purpose and succeeded. Warcraft tried to be good and failed. Sharknado is a better movie.

Sequel should would be nice. I feel it should follow Thralls upbringing, end the second war early and go straight to when Thrall get talked to by Medive.

That's because LotR elevated itself past fantasy and into a proper film.

Warcraft doesn't, but it's still sort of mindless fun.

Pretty good. I want to see a sequel but condense 2 since 2 is just more orcs vs human shit. Warcraft 3 is where shit gets real.

critics don't have "taste", they just talk about how well made the film is.

They don't give you personal opinions.

They give you opinions on the movie, but not personal opinions.

Bad:

- Garona was overacting all her scenes.
- Medivh's turning into a giant fucking demon came out of nowhere and felt cheap, but I'm sure Director's cut will fix this, just needed some more exposition on demons and Fel. Khadgar & Lothar vs Medivh was the weakest point of the movie to me.
- They hyped up Lothar vs Blackhand only to completely cockblock the actual duel.

I expected way worse, but they did a good job. You can feel the retcon in the air, but overall, it's worth a watch if you actually played the game.

Better than expected

complete shit

It's better than capeshit that's for sure

lolno

>elevated
I wouldn't say that, it tried to do that but failed imo. I just found it boring when I watched it.

>24mil opening weekend
>comes in second behind the conjuring 2: electric spookaloo's 40mil

Very good from a worldbuilding perspective... They included a lot but didn't bog you down with depth

What the hell I hate USA now.

I dont know shit about the WC lore, i've played all the RTS, but it was all pretty uninteresting iirc. I thought the movie was fine. I felt like fast forwarding when the humans were on screen, as they were fucking boring as fuck, even during the battle scenes. Orcs were worth watching though. Gul'dan was great!

nice to hear people have taste.

It's not better than capekino like TDK but it's certainly better than any shitty Marvel flick

>- Medivh's turning into a giant fucking demon came out of nowhere and felt cheap, but I'm sure Director's cut will fix this, just needed some more exposition on demons and Fel. Khadgar & Lothar vs Medivh was the weakest point of the movie to me.
Yeah maybe they there needed to be some more scenes hinting to that he's fighting a possession.

>They hyped up Lothar vs Blackhand only to completely cockblock the actual duel.
They made the orcs too massive so it makes it really hard to portray a belieable duel between them sadly.

Warcraft is for virgin loser fanboys, consider killing yourself if you actually like it.

Warcraft is worse than Iron Man 2
and Thor: The Dark World.

I will give you Watchmen and the second batman trilogy movie
But the rest is complete shit

Warcraft is leagues above those 2 flicks you just mentioned

the human actors all looked like cosplayers. the ridiculous costumes and the pudgy babyfaces made for a terrible combination. i guess they couldnt make the armor designs more subdued and practical without pissing off autists, so there was probably no avoiding it

HAHAHAHAHAHA no.

Yes

>Warcraft is worse than Iron Man 2
>and Thor: The Dark World.

reminder that this is what capecucks actually believe

I don't think they could not do it properly. Hell, all movie is about humans fighting orcs and Lothar being a badass swordmaster killing orcs left and right.

ayy lmao

It was good. I can see how someone who didn't play the games could think it was shit though.

I didn't play the games (expect for W3) and it was better than what I expected

Critics disliking something means it's actually kino

Quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen in theaters. The plot was absolutely terrible (although that's probably the lore's fault) and nothing was accomplished even though it dragged on for 2 hours, everything "emotional" or "intense" fell flat on it's face, and the acting was laughable. I think it tried to take non-serious source material and make it super serious and that worked very poorly.

I know little about the games beyond the basics, so I imagine the fan service went over my head but looking at it from a movie standpoint, the CGI was the only thing keeping it from being one of those movies RLM would watch on Best of the Worst

Is this b8? Every piece of commentary a critic gives is their opinion, influenced by their personal biases and experiences. It's even more obvious than usual with this movie, where you have critics complaining how it isn't more like GoT or LotR.

First 15-20 minutes are really weak, after that things pick up pretty quickly.

Nigga u mad, the portal scene is fucking great.

I twas better in previous cuts.

I think that's what he means, for whatever reason the first 15-20minute suffered the worst when it came to trimming and its pacing its a example of that

>reading comprehension

It's their opinion on the film but not their personal opinion.

Ask a guy that hates horror movies to objectively rate a good horror movie like The Witch. He'll say it's a well made movie with good tension.

Even if he hates horror in general.

Liked it. Eccentric. A lot of good, and a lot of terrible. End result is something faulty but fresh. Fantasy hasn't been done like this in movies before. I never played WoW btw.

B-but its a Lotr and GoT clone!!!!

I honestly don't see how it's worse than any recent blockbuster. People have been bringing up pacing issues but that's literally the problem with EVERY ONE of them and Warcraft is not that bad in this regard. No worse than TFA.

The only big "problem" this movie has is lack of general public knowledge and an RT score. People are easily impressed and manipulated.

Great schlock.
As good as it gets.

I enjoyed it.

solid 8.5/10

What thing are you most looking forward to seeing in the sequel?

>Gnomeragen
>In the middle of normal swords and magic fantasy, fucking Sci-Fi city

Really stupid. So generic to the point where you have to wonder why they even wanted to make it. Nothing interesting or original about it

It was just a crappier version of lotr.

The same story of weaklings fighting against entropy, except stupider and with crappy videogame aesthetics.

More races. Taurens, trolls and shit.

More magic. They did translate magic properly I just want more scenes of sorcerers being total imba. Some actual Warcraft spells would be nice.

Human leads worth caring about.

I was honestly expecting something really bad. But suprisingly it was really good. CGI wasn't too distractingly bad and magic felt kinda satisfying.

except the story is mostly based on Warcraft 1 which isn't an mmo.

try again nerd

>le ironic movie XDDD

Fucking kill yourself

When I saw the first scenes with Khadgar, I expected a disaster, but the final performance was probably the best part of the movie.

>Taurens
>Second War
No.

Fuck off. Taurens don't get involved till the third War. It'd be retarded for them to be in the second movie when we have trolls, ogres and goblins.

And last but not least, arthas fanboys can fuck off

I want a cool sea battle.

Don't know shit about WC lore, I just loved the way they handled alien humanoid race and want more of this shit.

4/10 for warcraft nerd/virgins. They shit on the existing lore hard and pandered to the newest players. The only things they did right, make the Orcs look cool, and the world looked badass.

>not understanding the point of that film and when it came out
Why don't you fuck off back to Sup Forums or whatever garbage low IQ board you came from pleb?

When your cinema IQ is high enough come back

Ogres will not make a major appearance in any of the movies, neither will the trolls or gnomes. Honestly, I just can't wait for WC3. I want to see me some fucking lich king, blood elves and night elves asap.

Wow look at all you try hards.

If you want to express your enjoyment of a movie while simultaneously letting everyone know that you know it's objectively worse than what your enjoyment implies, the correct thing to say is "it was a delightful romp. I had fun."

I want good portrayals of the differences between the human nations and orcish clans.

Seeing how religious Lordaeron is compared to other nations, how militaristic Stromgarde is.
I'm not sure how I'd do it, what kind of singing, but I'd love to see some warsong chanting before or even during a battle.

Great for WoW fans
Good enough for normie shlockmasters
Bad for normies
Very bad for Warcraft fans

>tfw we won't get arthas

anti-kino for Blackthorne fans?

the is literally no point to making the warcraft movies if we dont get arthas. With out arthas and thrall heavy movies, this movie becomes nothing but a cock-tease

Blackthorne fans fall under shlockmasters

Forgettable.

1/5
3/10

warcraft have an ambigue and twisted plot that's pretty hard to be ecranised, it's not that easy like in tolkien's books which are much well structured and easy to understand even for the pizza faces.

>- Medivh's turning into a giant fucking demon came out of nowhere and felt cheap,
But that's in the lore.
>but I'm sure Director's cut will fix this, just needed some more exposition on demons and Fel.
It did need more explanation other than "Fel bad!"
>Khadgar & Lothar vs Medivh was the weakest point of the movie to me.
But it was just like a boss fight from the game. Medivh went through multiple phases, the warrior ran around taunting the boss to keep his attention and the mage kited the add to the teleport circle. Khadgar even literally levels up after they beat Medivh. Complete with the golden glow and the level-up sound effect.

Yeah it is nerd.

I understand that it's in the lore but a good movie works as a standalone piece. It should have been something other than "we demons and shit now"

>But it was just like a boss fight from the game.
Dunno it just felt dumb to me. It was basically Khadgar and Lothar running around exchanging quippy dialog with Medivh suddenly not caring about them at all. Nearly every other action scene being perfectly executed did not help too.

Liked it more than civil War desu, tired of seeing the same fucking thing in Every capeshit movie