Has moo already forgotten this classic?

Has moo already forgotten this classic?

I like it for my boy Nile Rodgers

frankly I find it amazing millennials we're suckered into liking this vapid drek in the first place.

It's disco and dance music, it's not really intended to be dissected for years on end.

I'm just hoping it's not remembered as the last album with great hi-fi mixing and mastering and production.

it´s like one of those EPs that age badly just like all EDM

>b-but the fat ass from LCD Soundsystem said it was cool

Haven't, it gets more shit than it deserves in all honesty. Obviously not their best album, but it was a good release.

Just wait what they do in Alive 2017
Wonder how are they going to twist this album

panda bear track is decent

delete this

>Alive 2017
It's not happening.

yea not my favorite of theirs but i find myself bringing it up a lot when i wanna listen to something funky

It was intentional. After indie rock was co-opted, this kind of shit and dance punk etc. were pushed over music with actual content/politics etc.

I mean why was DFA Records being run out of a $16 million dollar townhouse it the West Village? SHADY.

They probably aren't doing Alive 2017. They've said they want more material before they do their next live show. I'd imagine we'll have to wait for one more album and we'll be good to go. I'm also imagining their next album will be more house oriented.

people actually listen to this garbage? The fact that they were in the fucking Tidal commercials makes it pretty clear what Daft Punk actually are.

>The fact that they were in the fucking Tidal commercials makes it pretty clear what Daft Punk actually are
/thread

They announced it already retards

Deleted this ages ago. It's just so fucking boring compared to Discovery or Homework

>The fact that they were in the fucking Tidal commercials makes it pretty clear what Daft Punk actually are.

didnt know 5/10 records are now considered to be classics

It's one of the most pure definitions of a "Mixed bag album". Some songs are good, some are great, some are just OK and some are awful. It's really all over the place.

They hype for this album however was insane! I remember there being like 10 different Daft Punk threads everyday for months leading up to its release. I can't remember any other album that had everyone simultaneously hyped like that.

>I mean why was DFA Records being run out of a $16 million dollar townhouse it the West Village? SHADY.
True and very sketchy.

jenny?

I thought it was great, actually. A fantastic collection of songs, but nothing that needs to be analyzed. Just enjoyed.

The track with julian casablancas aged well and contact is alright but otherwise this album is pretty bad. Daft punk has is like a reddit band though so this will probably be dadrock in 20 years

While the hype for Jenny Death was huge, it was mostly hyped by people here on the internet. RAM was hyped by the mainstream and the people on the internet. That doesn't happen very often.

It's a really good album overall but all the best tracks are at the end with the exception of Contact
Doin' It Right and Instant Crush a best

Never really understood all the hate the album overall gets

source?

That song where the dude tells his lifestory is really great

Giorgi by Moroder?
That ones not too bad. The rest of the album has aged pretty poorly though.

>aged
What the fuck are you talking about?

i thought you meant here, since you mentioned threads bruh. you're right though, jenny wasn't mentioned much outside Sup Forums

>picking literally the only two tracks that are

did anyone ever ask Pharrell about him saying the lyrics to Get Lucky in that interview? I remember when people were hyping RAM and get lucky leaked, everyone seemed to be caught up on whether or not someone had sampled from that interview, or if Pharrell planted it.

>nu-disco/house
>"dadrock"
>reddit
Are you even capable of expressing your thoughts like a properly functioning human being anymore or has internet addiction turned you into a complete fucking vegetable already?

>I'm just hoping it's not remembered as the last album with great hi-fi mixing and mastering and production.

In extreme mainstream releases that is.

its shit. Because its Retro. I much rather go and listen to Earth Wind And Fire, Chic, Sisters Sledge, Space. And other bands Daft Punk ripped off on this album.

elvinorta.bandcamp.com

Has a few highlights and very boring lows, inconsistent at its best

music with politics is for fags with bad personalities tho

>classic

go back to /r/eddit you piece of shit

Love Panda, but his is the worst track on the album imo

>Tfw no Eurobeat-inspired Daft Punk album

Timeless classic.

Listening to this while high is magical.

Instant Crush is best track tbqh

def their worst album imo but still decent enough. hopefully they do better next record

I thought it was decent in some ways but I get no real desire to go back to it.

01 Give Life Back to Music
>pretty bad cheesy
02 The Game of Love
>I like this track, I like how quiet it is and the how understated the vocals are unlike anywhere else they appear on the album
03 Giorgio by Moroder
>great track and probably the best on the album
04 Within
>gross af
05 Instant Crush
>gross af
06 Lose Yourself to Dance
>not awful
07 Touch
>gross af
08 Get Lucky
>it is what it is
09 Beyond
>meh
10 Motherboard
>pretty nice, if a bit forgettable
11 Fragments of Time
>lame af. Dad karaoke.
12 Doin' It Right
>pretty good but so jarring
13 Contact
>le epic finale. Overhyped track by everyone who was disappointed by the album and wanted another Discovery.