Hi, I'm Stevie T

Why are guitar channels on YouTube such cancer?

Because guitar culture is fucking cancer
I've been playing for about 10 years and the guitar community has made me want to put it down every step of the way through
Every other musician I've met that doesn't play guitar has been a better person than every guitar player I've met

this guy infuriates me
he embodies all people who try to be funny without any sense of wit
if you're not funny stop fucking trying so hard to be

Guitar is the reddit of instruments

This coupled with the hideous consumer culture of guitar fag gear

>not just watching slackervk

I still really enjoy playing guitar regardless the toxic community.
It has come to points where you are being socially forced to play faster and harder than everyone just for people to like you... That or just be a gay singer-songwriter.

The part that fucks me up most is that when guitarist boast about playing the instrument like they are some fucking classical pianist or floutest. I just don't understand it

When people ask what I play, I don't immediately go for "oh, im a guitarist" because of how cringy it is

The only one I can think of that is genuinely great is crimson guitars. Just a bald guy having fun making guitars.

All the channels about playing are pretty shit though. I still watch the andertons stuff, but Chappers trying to show off all the time makes me want to stop to be honest. That knob can play a single thing on guitar without using a pinch harmonic, I swear.

Watch the videos where he's remaking famous theme songs and try not to cringe.

I think this guy is the most unfunny, cancerous, annoying piece of low life shit on youtube. His sense of humor is so bottom of the barrel that it hurts watching someone put themselves out there in this condition

wow he's getting old

rob scallon's non metal stuff is nice

I enjoy Crimson Guitars to. I bought some tools from them to level my frets but I've been too pussy to do it so far.

He's so fucking great, taught me how to play shaking hand.

Is Justinguitar cool?
I remember using him at first to learn the basics until I picked up piano but Justinguitar just seemed like a pretty cool guy.

it's fun to see him try
not even in a cringe kind of way, it's just adorable

Well, there are always half naked girls doing acoustic guitar cover songs. It's not like those are going away anytime soon.

He's a good teacher. Other channels I'd recommend checking out are: Jens Larsen, Andertons Music Co, Walk That Bass, Morten Faerestrand, Guitarist, Shutup & Play, Creativeguitarstudio, etc.

I'm a bassist are we chill?

>Because guitar culture is fucking cancer
The bass guitar culture may be even worse. Check this comment I've posted in an another related thread: 70764628

>Every other musician I've met that doesn't play guitar has been a better person than every guitar player I've met

I would definitely agree, i have a friend who has started learning the guitar after previously just playing the drums (which can still turn you into a cocky ass). For some reason he's become a complete fucking twat and started listening to shitty music like muse.
I know you can get into the guitar and still be a great person, but shit like this encourages stupidity.

nice try, jarrod alonge

This
Rob Scallon is neato, he's not just LOLMETAL like Stevie T or Jared Dines.

Cause they're mostly scrubs that just picked up a guitar 6 months ago that think they know everything already.

Ola Englund has a sick channel, you should check it out.