RAIDERS CLOSE TO MOVING TO VEGAS!!

Get fucked, Commiefornians

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17389320/oakland-raiders-file-trademark-las-vegas-raiders

You don't need that many teams you spics

Other urls found in this thread:

sntic.org/meeting/16/lvstadium/raiders/SNTIC_Stadium_Presentation_08.25.16.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>implying anyone other than raider fags care about this

No one cared about the Kings either yet they weren't allowed to go home

Don't Vegas taxpayers still need to approve the stadium?

>Don't taxpayers still need to approve the stadium?

Nobody in California gives a shit

You give more of a shit then California as a whole

>Oakland
>mexicans

????????

>that map still does not have a red dot in LA

lots of mexicans work as mechanics and shit. but they are too poor to live in The City

Your teams can just move around? That's ridiculous, why would anyone bother to support their team?
What an awful sport

It's called capitalism, Ahmed

I agree
My family have supported the Browns for generations
The new owner moved them from Cleveland to Baltimore in the late 90s, became the Ravens, who won a superb owl within like 5 years.
We "got back" the Browns about 15 years ago but had to start over from scratch. Fucking bullshit

This is supposed to be sports, not business
Go back to sharting yourself, Pablo

Wait so they can completely change their names as well? That sounds horrid, how often do these changes occur?

>This is supposed to be sports, not business
AAHAAHAHAHAAHHAAHA

Jesus Christ, all sports are business.

Yes they have their roots in both, but other sports are primarily focused on the sport themselves
Ditching your roots to a place where there's more income and completely rebranding your whole team is putting business first, and that's just wrong

I can't believe some of you yanks are actually trying to defend this

Except there's no reason for states like California to have this many teams when they clearly can't support them all

15 teams in 4 sports is admittedly overkill but that's only because they're all located in the same area of a huge state, shock horror that it also happens to be where all the money resides
If there's no reason for that many teams to be there then why the fuck were they put there? I also don't believe that the only reason teams would move is because their areas had too many teams, but I guess that's a problem when you just let everyone move around where they want
There's no justifying this moving around malarkey, it's why your country's sports are seen as the laughing stock of the world

>flyovers complaining about the most relevant american state having plenty of teams, as if it was something bizarre

pretty much this
california has 1/8th of the country's population, it should have 1/8th of its sports teams

I didn't know that we were complaining about Texas or New York?

Were you under the impression that Starbucks baristas and failed actresses were relevant?

Well, stay delusional.

the teams are all franchises based off themselves, not their location.

People don't like teams moving regardless. Teams can do this and its ok but the fans don't like it and they often abandon the team after it moves because its seen as betrayal. Teams move around for economic reasons, they generally only do it when they are in dire money situations to the point where they will literally fold anyway so they usually move so the owners don't get fucked too.

If any of my teams moved (although its extremely unlikely as they will probably never have a legitimate reason to) I would abandon them for sure. Its not ok. That is with the knowledge that if they moved in the first place the team likely would have folded and be gone anyway

Teams always move for financial reasons. If there is no incentive to move then they won't. Most teams don't move at all.

it has 1/8th but you are NEVER going to be able to evenly divide the population between teams. I predict most the Oakland teams will move to Vegas or Salt Lake City simply because they will never get the support they need to stay afloat. California can support at max 3 teams for each of its major cities, San Fran, LA, and San Diego. Right now it has 4 for football and 4 for baseball, one has to go to Vegas/Salt Lake in each or they will fold anyway.

they should include the 17 minor league teams

I am going to correct myself it has 5 for baseball but the Angels might be able to stay because LA is so massive.

>Amerifranchises

doopin mental

>The Los Angeles Angels
>of Anaheim

>Anaheim
>not Los Angeles

>They have to put Anaheim because they are based there and have some aggrement even though they want to put LA

so fucking stupid considering anaheim is not even in the same county as LA

>muh team

faggot

They are privately owned by billionaires and none of the players give a shit

>People are actually ok with the situation of the teams they follow moving

fuck off you bootlicker

>buy every domain name combination for major cities and nfl/nba/mlb team names
>wait for team to threaten move to another market
>profit

Vegas is basically part of So Cal.

>not willing to sacrifice meaningful time in your life to a big franchise owned by corporations for bragging rights with friends
kys

How is life in California for the average white person? I want to live there because of GTA and rap music

Northern California and Southern California are very different culturally.

Would you care to explain? I've been mostly exposed to SoCal culturally I think

That makes sense given its where most of the population lives and also where a lot of the """"""culture""""""""""""" of the state is, like Hollywood. Southern California is like the beaches and the fratboys and is centered around LA, Northern California is like the hippies and the techies, and is centered around the San Francisco bay area.

Awful. They are actually ethnically cleansing white people.

OP acts like Las Vegas isnt closer to Los Angeles on the freeway.

Vegas is even Closer to most of Raider Nation, theres a boat load of fans in LA , Arizona and New Mexico.

Fuck oakland, that city sucks anyways

California by itself is probably three times as big as Denmark if not more, so Northern California and Southern California are a good six hours or so away from each other driving distance, which brings differences in and of itself.

NorCal is pretty much divided into a few different areas--

1. The Bay Area: San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose and the surrounding cities: Generally very expensive, cold and rainy, home of silicon valley and tech companies, good train transportation

2. Northern end of the Central Valley: Sacramento and surrounding cities: Cows, farms, and overalll boredom. Usually more conservative and rural

3. Pretty Much Oregon: Humboldt, Chico, etc.: Pretty laid back. Known for good weed, lots of nature and national parks/reserves. Not a lot of people

SoCal is a bit more homogenous but still has different areas

1. LA: Pretty much everything you've heard about it. Celebrities, beaches, pretty women, gangs, violence, earthquakes. There's really no other city quite like it. GTA did a really good job of re creating a lot of real places. You'll probably see it and think, "Holy shit! This place was in GTA!" The only difference is traffic is absolutely atrocious. Like China Tier. It never rains unlike in the Bay Area and it's known more for entertainment than technology

2. Orange County: Women, weed, weather, beaches. Pretty much the same as LA in that aspect, but it's generally much more conservative and much more white. People have a "get off my lawn" type of attitude and can be a bit more stuck up and shallow.

3. Inland Empire: Generally a dry, desert shithole. Basically modeled off of Trevor's neighborhood in GTA. It's just miles and miles of desert and suburban sprawl mixed in with boredom and poverty. There are some nice areas, but really the only reason to live here is if you want to be close enough to LA without having to pay the LA price. Housing is much cheaper.
3. Pretty much Oregon: Anything north of the first two

State flags when?

Sorry instead of Oregon twice I meant to write San Diego:

San Diego is the most Southern part of SoCal, and borders Mexico. Again, just like the rest of SoCal it's sunny all year round, full of beaches, and beautiful women and surfing.

San Diego is also a transplant city full of military personal, and has a lot of aircraft carriers and Navy jobs.

>bay area
>cold and rainy

spot the socal

oakland averages 66 precipitation days a year

California is about 7 times as big as Denmark population wise and much more size wise.

Fuck the Raiders, fuck vegas, fuck football.

Good, then give your teams over to other states, faggots

>not mentioning San Diego, the jewel.of Southern California
>San Francisco cold and rainy. Wtf? That's the opposite of San Francisco.

Not often at all. This only happens when franchises fail. Or early MLB, when you had studied names like Boston Beaneaters. They changed they're name, but stayed.

Vegas resident here

Nothing changes

Vegas is a extension of LA if anything

>implying Nevada isn't a wholly-owned subsidiary of California.

>Except there's no reason for states like California to have this many teams when they clearly can't support them all

No reason? 30+m people and the sixth largest GDP in the world on its own? And yet somehow we should have the same number of teams as Texas and New York which have less people and less wealth?

You must be retarded. I bet you post on Sup Forums thinking land can vote.

>Vegas is a extension of LA if anything
By 2050 there will be one pavement suburb extending from LA to Vegas anyway. There's only about a couple of 50 mile gaps in development at this point already.

>Sacramento's green dot will soon be MLS

soon

Everything east of sacramento could basically double as the midwest. Tons of rednecks and farms, weird retired hippies, but nice communities

>Shithole team with shithole fans moves to city in the middle of shithole desert

It makes sense.

Maybe the Chargers should move to Salt Lake City and call themselves the Polygamists.

what part of california you from, la

that eastern area

live right along I-80

>living in California
>not in LA

wew lad

LA's a fucking shithole, why would I want to live there?

I agree, NFL is quite shit britbro.

>inb4 durr proxy

>LA's a fucking shithole
>implying

Im not implying, Im stating a fact. Ive been there at least 3 times

ITT: gang bangers and public assistance sponges. Stop sponging public assistance, then you can get a team.

>Vegas
>public assistance

Sac kings and padres move next

>Ive been there at least 3 times
>3 times

That's cute. I guess you would know everything about LA then wouldn't you

Why do you keep referring to big prominent and popular cities as flyover?

Fuck you. I'm from Ontario and not all of inland empire is a dry desert shithole. There's rancho, Fontana and Montclair. Mt baldy is not a desert.

enough to know the traffic is godawful and theres better cities in the area, yes

I spent two hours at the San Bernardino metrolink station and it was trashy as fuck. Everything after Pomona is garbage and undesirable to live in, albeit cheap.

>traffic is godawful
True, but that's not what makes cities great or terrible. Especially LA which offers so much on any given day. Getting to those places is a hassle though.

>theres better cities in the area
Maybe, but that doesn't make LA a shithole.

You gotta realize that LA isn't just downtown LA. There are so many cities within the greater LA area...

the NHL is a laughingstock of a league

I've lived there and it a complete ghetto for the most part. You're better off visiting other cities.

>not all of inland empire is a dry desert shithole

Poorfag detected

Mt. Baldy literally is in the desert.

>flyover states will always have this inferiority complex

Who's gonna take the Seahawks and Mariners though? I have it down to either Sacramento or OKC.

Which would be more hillarious?

OKC for sure. Can you imagine the butthurt?

Kings are getting a new stadium and the Padres just hosted the all star game in their recently renovated stadium. The real team in danger of leaving is the A's, but I personally think they'll build one in Oakland, or they'll take so long that their current stadium is deemed a historical site a la Fenway, Wrigley, and Dodger and they'll stay there forever.

That sucks. Oakland is a much more interesting franchise than the 9ers. More fun tailgating, better atmosphere, etc. their management has ALWAYS sucked dick though.

BASED LORENZO
A
S
E
D

L O R E N Z O
O
R
E
N
Z
O

Sadly wouldn't work because most state flags look exactly the same.

We were suppose to have a bullet train paid by some Japanese company that would have connected Fort Worth area and Houston , Las Vegas to Los Angeles , some shit in the east coast but was denied because politics and bullshit back in the 90s , Seattle(mariners) and Nintendo was the cause of the discussion and eventually denying the idea because the thought of a forgiegn company owning American land was blah blah blah bullshit .

Apparently they decided to try again in Texas and Texas will have bullet trains before the rest of nation

Hopefully we will get ours connecting LA and LV because I miss going to dodger games every week .

I hope the raiders win a bowl soon too I don't care where so long as it is in the west coast

I've waited too fucking long for a bowl win

Daily reminder that the coastal cities in states NY, NJ, MA, PA, MD have roughly a similar population to the state of California but more teams relatively

Incoming worst flag ever

>Especially LA which offers so much on any given day

For those of us not into the gay/cuckold scene, LA has nothing to offer.

>Raiders leaving
>Warriors leaving

Oakland always gets cucked. It's not just sports teams. The whole surrounding Bay Area is rich as hell, but none of that money ever gets to Oakland.

People started investing in Oakland in the late 90s, but then the dot com bubble popped.

People are starting to invest in Oakland now, but the new tech bubble will probably pop when that investment gets underway.

Warriors got to win a chip in Oakland again before they get cursed by the SF name

Unless the owners know about the curse and keep the name

>it's another flyover and least coast fag episode
Other than being the best state, obviously, the only thing they complain about (other than our size) is people they never met before, and our """"""finances"""""" that we don't even give a shit about.
Kek

>California get the Lambs

>Though Raiders are to leave next year

We're actually stuck with the team that statistically far worse then the Raiders? Fuck.

>Somehow there's a shit-ton of hype in CA for the Lambs

Kill me. ..

>dat stadium though
sntic.org/meeting/16/lvstadium/raiders/SNTIC_Stadium_Presentation_08.25.16.pdf

Looks like this

Chino here, IE is pretty much a shithole

>Claims a place is not a shithole
>References a place commonly referred to as Fon-tucky.

I lived in Redlands which was kind of nice although it was the Portland of the I.E. Rancho is just a big mall and a bunch of over priced chain restaurants and Ontario is just one big warehouse. Get fucked

But you're right, its only miles of desert after Beaumont. Then more miles and more miles and more miles until you get to BASED Blythe

Bettman is going to be LIVID

Oh my lord they're actually going to do the fucking eternal flame for Al Davis.

>all those parked pick-up trucks

But where are the lawn mowers and cement mixers?