The F-35

The F-35 is a bloated miltary program estimated to costed up to $1.5 trillion dollars over its lifetime. The plane barely flies and will certainly never work as well as it was supposed to, even in the best projection.

Where would America be if it spent that money on education, infrastructure, healthcare and scientific research instead? Is the F-35 actually a Chinese secret weapon which will ensure China takes over the USA in the coming decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/business-38862319
youtube.com/watch?v=dDrv-E6mqjc
youtube.com/watch?v=7XeViHEWzLk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We thank you for this excellent, informative post. One hundred fifty Putintokens will be deposited in your account.

>sr 71 blackbird, an extremely successful consctruction that technologically was decades ahead of its time
>designed by hand on a drawing board

>f-35
>in development for the last 2 decades in the era of computer aided design
>still doesn't fly too good

ebun

The F-35 is still superior to anything russia and china has to offer, since they're both woefully behind the west when it comes to weapon systems like radar and radar guided missiles

I read today that each plane will finally be under the $100m mark because the production is increasing.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-38862319

Which is good because we're buying lots of them.

It actually costs under 1 trillion now. That trillion covers 2-3k jets, 50 years of maintenance and fuel adjusted for inflation.

Oh and the plane flies better than the estimated designs and in some aspects works even better than intended. It's a few years late and it's coming in about 20 percent over budget per jet, nice try brit bong.

What the plane can do is something you cannot even imagine.

What do you think is the planes primary task?

>Pentahon said this week that F-35A will cost 94.6bi USD each.

wewlad

>mi
>pentagon

Fuck i'm drunk.

Billion? More like millions

F-35b a cute

Yes

Yeah i corrected myself, sorry.

Would we develop the F-35 the same way a second time?
No.
Is it grossly overbudget and not what was promised?
Yes.

Is it still the best (and only) option for economical 5th-gen?
Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=dDrv-E6mqjc

Just as you'd expect.

>all the butthurt RIDF in comment section

All I know is it's a very tactile looking plane and I'd love to stroke one.

F-35 and J-20 have special stealh paint, but why don't the PAKFA has one?

because ussr collapsed 1989

russians aren't a cutting edge jet fighter developer
simple as that

sukhoi 35 is the greatest fighter jet ever built. suicide yourself snownigger

Our government originally wanted to buy like 118 of them. But now they aren't too sure if that thing even works lol.

sure, maybe in the 1980's, you know, when they were soviets you thick cunt.
there's a reason why they haven't been able to come up with anything new since. because they aren't even close to contemporary top tier developers.

fighter jets r cool

Explain why china orders su 35's when they apparently have a 5th gen J20. Russia should have nuked your shit country.

Without f35 america would have an intergalactic empire already

It's a manlet plane.

youtube.com/watch?v=7XeViHEWzLk