Moonshine

Do you have moonshine in your country or something similar?
Do you drink it?
How much does it cost?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=njYmiuTkOKo
youtube.com/watch?v=OOvbC9mX_Vc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aguardiente#Portugal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille
amazingstill.com/se/Plastbrannaren.pdf
youtu.be/WwdwhGkdB3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

apparently a guy in florida tried smuggling 24 gallons of it as water. it's a southern thing honestly

>it's a southern thing
That's what I have heard
when my lad went to the formula off road event in Tennessee he was offered it a lot

>Do you have moonshine in your country or something similar?
Yes, it's called landi. Slang originating from it being made in this land and not imported
>Do you drink it?
ye boi got a liter on my desk rn
>How much does it cost?
1500kr per L in bulk (10L+). 2500 usually and the best moonshine I have ever tasted was 4000kr per liter but tasted fucking amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=njYmiuTkOKo
We even have a rap group named after landi

BUMP
I want know if countries where you can get a 500ml vodka for less than $40 have moonshine as a thing

portugal has fire water
I'm portuguese and my grandfather used to make it
basically just really distilled wine
my grandfather sold some of it to a local restauraunt which would dilute a single gallon of it to something like 50 just so he would be able to serve it

mhm interesting
sounds like it would taste better than distilled sugar wash

yes?

$40 is a bottle of the highest-quality single malt. Are you guys getting shafted that badly?
youtube.com/watch?v=OOvbC9mX_Vc

agwar dente
pretty sure it's just white rum, shop bought stuff is only 40%-ish but i know it's meant to be stronger

any kind of vodka is cheaper here

i wanna kill

answer the question pls
yes
500ml finlandia (among the cheapest brands) is $40

i answered you, sperg

>500ml finlandia (among the cheapest brands) is $40

topkek, its ~10 euros for 700 here

>topkek, its ~10 euros for 700 here
that's why we go to your country to drink

I spent my youth drinking the cheapest savoy vodka at eur4 per liter, and I am still alive.

yeah, but you are retards and still drink shitty vodka that you can drink anywhere

when you come here, drink good, homemade rakia at least, its way better

well, he asked for Finlandia per se

anyway, my first time getting drunk was with флиpт зeлeнa ябълкa in 6th grade or something like that, i still feel nausea when i even smell the scent of a green apple

we may make the best rakia, but our vodkas are fuckin trash, topkek

>in 6th grade
dude
is that normal?
I started using tobacco in 8th grade and everybody viewed me as some insane druggie

Tried some apple flavored vodka from bulgaria last weekend. Felt like girl while drinking it but it was insanely good

Hey I often make myself when feel like it and it's about 2.5€ for a liter in costs and I usually just give it away to friends or sell it for a pack of cigarettes

fire water is a very general term, in south&crntral america it can refer to rum, but portugese fire water is usually distilled Wine (brandy)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aguardiente#Portugal

my grandfather's was 190 proof (95%)
it would burn your nose if you were across the room from an open bottle of it
I speak from expirience

never dared to drink it, so I can't comment on taste

>is that normal?

not really, i just wanted to be cool, cuz i was with older kids

i started smoking in 8th grade too tho

>500ml finlandia (among the cheapest brands) is $40
How the fuck is it that expensive?

And how the fuck is Finlandia among the cheapest? It's a meme export product that Finns sell to baka gaijin, way overpriced and doesn't even taste good.

They even dropped the Iittala-style design bottle, kek.

I'm not exactly sure how high the alcohol prices are in Sweden since my family always buys everything in Germany, but moonshining does exist in the Northern parts of Sweden.

ayy I wanna do that
how much do you make at a time?
what kind of still do you use?
what do you make it from? sugar potatoes etc

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille

Better start studying now

If you are minister or some other high ranking government official you don't have to pay the alcohol tax on every pure ml of alcohol
so for them the 500ml finlandia would be $10

just dilute some ethanol with water and some vanilla extract if you really want to get drunk on cheap trash that badly

>If you are minister or some other high ranking government official you don't have to pay the alcohol tax
Government officials etc in a nutshell

what?

i've drunk stuff that strong (polish)
the trick is to smell some food, shoot it, then eat the food immediately. i got taught this by actual slavs

the hobos here drink straight up vanilla extract here

This is eastern Slavs, Poles and Russians. Southern slavs produce aromatic liquors from fruit, that is drunk with meat and cheese.

Fucking up your distillation produces methanol

Methanol will first make you blind and then dead

>how much do you make at a time?
It makes maybe 5 liters of 50% alcohol in 2 weeks ran twice

>what kind of still do you use?
Plastic, the easiest one and you don't have to keep an eye on it. It's the one that only uses a fish tank heater thing and works through condensation rather than actually burning so the process is slower but simpler

>what do you make it from?
Sugar, turbo yeast and water and purify with coal when it's done

Here's a PDF file it's in Swedish if you can read it

Also if you manage to make methanol from one of these you'd win a nobel prize

amazingstill.com/se/Plastbrannaren.pdf

My saudi friend told me that they drink it a lot there, and they use dates/tamaras to do so.

Ye

my neighborhood has a moonshine blackmarket

..you throw away the first part that comes out. All the methanol is in that since it vaporizes at a lower temp than alcohol

kek, thats not even alcoholic, wtf?

>Also if you manage to make methanol from one of these you'd win a nobel prize
word
Propaganda from vodka salesmen
Thanks for the pdf might try that out before I start mixing in 225l barrels

think it's about 35%

A real one requires welding and cooling and shit. This produces for you and maybe some friends with barely any effort

>A real one requires welding and cooling and shi
I actually know how to weld and stuff
sending this pdf to my friend

there's hobos in iceland?

yes in the capital
life long drunks that are homeless

no, sorry.
we don't have any kind of no aged, cheap, overproof, home-made, ethanol fully-loaded alcohol

this is sarcasm right?

There used to be lots of homemade illegal whisky going around, but there's barely any left

Sad
You from scotland or NI?

What the hell.
You can get a 0,7l bottle of (cheap and disgusting) vodka for about 4$ here. 40$ gets you super premium stuff.

Yea we do have moonshine though. It's called Schwarzgebrannter (black burned, meaning illegally burned). Though it's not actually illegal because producing non commerical amounts of spirit for private use is legal here. (Though quite a few people just produce much more and illegally sell it.) Some farmers make damn good booze, especially spirit made from walnuts is very popular here. I love that stuff. You get what you pay for, high quality stuff starts at 20-30$ per bottle.

>high quality stuff starts at 20-30$ per bottle.
nice

hello iceland man can u be my friend I want to learn the icelandic :):):)

Also lad, if you want to make your own booze start with apple cider. Or any sugary fruit juice. You basically just need the juice and a bag of yeast (wine yeast would be perfect), then let it ferment and put it through coffe filter to remove the yeast. Even if you somehow fuck it up, the worst that can happen is that the product will taste bitter. But it's harmless.

Making beer is more effort because you need some equipment, but not much danger involved.

Only ever make spirits if you can afford proper equipment and really know what you're doing otherwise you might end up producing methanol which causes organ damage, blindness and is fatal in higher quantities. This is no joke.

Scotland. I don't care desu, the homemade stuff was just a shite strong alcohol like vodka, in this instance commercial stuff is actually better

trying to find a store that sells the right yeast desu

Moonshine? nope

Israelis mostly drink branded booze,
even some Trump vodka during our Passover holiday (its ultra-kosher)

Wine yeast will yield the most alcohol % and is generally of good quality. Beer yeast is good too, but often more expensive. If you can't get anything else normal baking yeast will work as well, but produce much less alcohol.

what % should I expect

Under good conditions wine yeast can produce 12-15, beer yeast 5-7, normal bakers yeast 2-5.

>wine yeast can produce 12-15
fuck that would be fun night for no money

Poitín

Irish moonshine distilled from potatoes

Typically ranging from 85-98% alcohol volume when made the right way (illegally)

Here's a traditional song about it:
youtu.be/WwdwhGkdB3Y

>85-98% alcohol volume
jesus
Fun story: was once in a bus with a lot of lads getting drunk, one guy was passing around a glass, giving everybody a sip. When he handed me the glass he chugged it thinking it was beer. Wasn't beer but 89% absinthe

i want to get drunk with u senpai

> absinthe
is it even possible to find LE TRUE ABSINTHE with thujone or no?

absinthe you can actually buy is usually just hard liquor, but i want those HALLUCINATIONS

>absinthe you can actually buy is usually just hard liquor, but i want those HALLUCINATIONS
I think that is just an old meme
I am always down to drink. My friends say I am either very confrontational or a good jokester when drunk
nothing in between. If I am in a group of 6 guys and I am the only one drinking they will buy me beers because they think it's so fun

>My friends say I am either very confrontational or a good jokester when drunk
literally me

lets get drunk lad
moonshine and juice concentrate, tobacco and a hot tub best night ever

Im unironically getting drunk right now senpai

I unironically wish I could get drunk without people viewing me as some druggie because I wanted to have some fun alone

>some druggie because I wanted to have some fun alone

thats why i starated enjoying getting drunk home alone and relaxing in recent years

i dont get to worry about acting like a retard amongts friends, i dont get to go to shitty clubs that i dont enjoy with buddies to get drunk and i can drink at my own pace, without worrying about anything

drinking home-alone is really fucking underrated tb h

got to try it sometime lad

do it my dude, its comfy as fuck

ooooneeee bump before I sleep