Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0289181/
youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you start

Go to reddit buddy

Agreed

BRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMM

sans soleil (upon a recent rewatch, i have my reservations about its uniqueness or its position as my #1, but it remains firmly in my mind as a good example of filmmaking)

incept - surprising to me - ion it actually made it into mylist. it's a great story, and memorable too. even more so than memento because, dreams, man.

the dark knight. about a good a hero movie as you're ever going to se. i don't think other movies can match it in depth or character.

interstellar - love, gravity, awesome msic. the physis isn't 100% but so what? it's fiction, and damn good fiction.

8-1/2. opening sequence is amazing. the rest of the film is 'slow' but still impressively shot. it was my foray into film snobbery, so it holds a special place in my heart.

Laura - to this day I don't quite know why I always remember this movie; perhaps because the actress (actor) is flawless in it. she's a classic beauty.

The Matrix - action movie of the century. nothing tops it in terms of creative vision. it's a boastful claim, but seriously how did the red pill/blue bill thing blow up?

i cant think of anything else right now
movies are dope
my ears are ringing

Upstream color is an okay movie not a great film, big difference

Upstream color is an great film not an okay movie, big difference

This

I was really positively surprised by this one! I think it was a factor that we were a handful of people watching and we had to sort of whodunnit-puzzle the plot together. Which made for an interesting experience and I'm kinda impressed by shit not handholding you to the bed and tucking you in like a baby, these days.

Also Carruth is a motherfucking renaissance man who, once again, does fucking everything including the (great) music score himself.
>mfw

I third this

>/r/movies

imdb.com/title/tt0289181/

It's a decent flick

>because, dreams, man

how can you not read this in a mcconaughey voice

4th

upstream color was superficial trash. it irritates me that people like it.

>This piece of garbage
>Great
what a joke, quick someone tell its 2DEEP4ME and that this is kino

its a decent kinoflick imo

also that gril was cute

I liked it

and you have pleb taste

As do you

>likes BvS
>thinks he isn't a pleb

Idk man. BvS is pleb as fuck

So do you man

Did you run outta paper clips

Everything in my top 25.
1. Пиcьмa мёpтвoгo чeлoвeкa (1986, Lopushansky)
2. Un condamné à mort s'est échappé (1956, Bresson)
3. Guns of The Trees (1961, Mekas)
4. Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980, Fassbinder)
5. Ostře sledované vlaky (1966, Menzel)
6. The Great White Silence (1924, Ponting)
7. แสงศตวรรษ (2006, Weerasethakul)
8. Ma nuit chez Maud (1969, Rohmer)
9. Սայաթ-Նովա (1968, Parajanov)
10. Lucky Star (1929, Borzage)
11. Markéta Lazarová (1967, Vláčil)
12. Jungfrukällan (1960, Bergman)
13. 狂った一頁 (1926, Kinugasa)
14. Nybyggarna (1972, Troell)
15. Ebolusyon ng Isang Pamilyang Pilipino (2004, Diaz)
16. Days of Heaven (1978, Malick)
17. Distant Voices, Still Lives (1988, Davies)
18. L'eau froide (1994, Assayas)
19. Mauvais Sang (1986, Carax)
20. Les Vampires (1915, Feuillade)
21. Viridiana (1961, Buñuel)
22. Orphée (1950, Cocteau)
23. L' Éden et après (1970, Robbe-Grillet)
24. 神女 (1934, Yonggang)
25. Krótki film o zabijaniu (1988, Kieślowski)

>asks for great films
>posts pretentious flick by a one hit wonder

primer was fine, if he keeps trying to outweird himself it will confirm that it was actually a mistake.

Dude it was straightforward

it's probably the best film of the year.

it was technically spectacular. the writting was proficient, explored interesting themes. visually it was interesting and creative. none of the above could be said for upstream color.

it was, but because he can't go back and make a time travel movie. He can't mess with that so he tries to go overboard with metaphors and symbolism. He is a try hard.

Not as bad as Snyder but agreed

this

>the worms come from the blue plant and then you put the worm in their ear and they bond with the pigs which shows they have to find their true partner, like the pigs do, and they're drinking all the ice water because the worm drug is infecting them and lets not forget the music made from filming nature will guide them to their destination. and once you free the pigs you break the cycle just like real life.

>it's probably the best film of the year.
Kek see more films kid

>it's probably the best film of the year.

t. cinematically illiterate Sup Forumsrone

give me an example of something better. don't post some faggy bullshit or i'll laugh in your face.

*BRAAAAAAAAAP*

The fuck Lobster was more creative and well put than BvS, and it wasn't even that good

You'll always be a pathetic pleb if you don't explore Cinema on your own.
Hell, you won't even be able to understand most real films since your "eyes" are shit and you don't have the acquired taste to appreciate them. You'll watch one, get confused, say it is "hipster garbage" and then you'll cry on Sup Forums.
For instance , do you seriously believe that someone like you can understand the depth of picture related? Don't make me laugh.
Plebs don't even know what a fucking film festival is, spoonfeeding your kind is beyond retarded.

quirky doesn't equal good or original

is this pasta?

Why? are you going to take it and make it into pasta to defend your pleb capeshit sensibility?

youtube.com/watch?v=n0pP66O9VN0

Carruth is literally a meme director for shit eating neo cinephiles

because you're highly autistic and I don't give a shit about your no value opinion. if it was pasta at least that would be funny.

How old are you?
Where did you watch these?

I recently watched some great films. If you haven't already seen them, put them on a list to watch.

>Sicario
Amazing performances centered around a harrowing theme, not necessarily that original, but definitely felt like a breath of fresh air for crime dramas.

>Edge of Tomorrow
I was NOT expecting this film to be this good. It stands out as one of the better films Tom Cruise stars in. The "groundhog day" idea constantly provides some expected humor, but is balanced with some kick-ass action alongside another amazing performance by Blunt.

>The Prestige
Christopher Nolan's direction in this film is really quite bold. If you give the film another watch, you'll understand as to why I say this. The subtlety of the writing makes for a mind-blowing third act that you will slowly begin to piece together. If you have not seen this film, watch it tonight. Christian Bales and Hugh Jackman are great in this one.

>The Hunt
Mads Mikkelsen is the reason why this film goes from an 8 to a 10 in my books. His performance is almost perfect, as he captures the viewers full sympathies as a falsely accused man that faces the biased condemnation of a tight knit community. A few scenes actually had me tearing up, and this film shows how much range the man has as an actor. A must watch.

>Edge of Tomorrow
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Too edgy for me.

What are you implying?

Jesus I don't recognize any of those
That means I'm a pleb?

Yes.
Not a single one?

They're all quite entry level(that doesn't mean they're bad before you plebs start crying) so yes my friend

>BvS is pleb now
Hahahahahahaha nice try reddit.

This, nicely put fellow patrician.

I saw more films, it is the best in the blockbuster landscape, even elevating the genre. You need to have a crayon up your nose to not agree.

Fuck, I don't belong here then

Not quite, friend. 99% of Sup Forums, being conservative, is as pleb and proud as it gets.
If an individual has a honest and serious wish of learning, he can become patrician. You start knowing nothing.